Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3801
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Today we catch up with C.J. Holton, a 6-2, 212-pound safety out of Wakulla High School. The biggest concern with Holton is whether he will qualify academically. He said he should know something within three weeks. Holton broke his verbal commitment with Florida State late in the recruiting season and caught some flack from the locals, but here's what he's saying about his anticipated arrival on the UM campus:

SR: You were a FSU commitment nearly up until National Signing Day. Why the change of heart?

CJH: Well, it was the playing style and the history of Miami. They've had safeties and I liked the coaches. It felt more like family with the coaches and the teammates. The day I de-committed I talked to my mom and she was the first person I called. I called her crying. I don't why. It just felt like a release.

SR: What were you hearing after made you made the switch, from FSU fans and the locals in Crawfordville, Fla.?

CJH: Well, a bunch of people were kind of shocked. I got it from a lot of people. I got a bunch of hate mail, just people talking crazy stuff. One dude told me before I leave that I better make sure to get a (bulletproof) vest. That was the craziest thing I heard.

SR: Have you qualified yet academically? If not, what are your plans?

CJH: Right now, they're going to try to use my five online classes. That should meet my ACT score. I'm not too worried. If not, I'll take ACT or SAT again and get that taken care of. If I don't pass, I'll probably end up at prep school. But I'm not really thinking about that, because I know I'm not that far off.

SR: You called your visit to UM "one of the best times of your life." What was so memorable about it?

CJH: It was just surprising to see a team with players and coaches that get along so well. It's like they've known each other for years. Everybody just loves everyone else. One of the biggest things was that my mom and my brother loved it more than I did. Once you got Moms, you know you're in.

SR: You talked earlier about the tradition of playing safety at UM. You ready to be compared to the likes of Kenny Phillips, Sean Taylor, Ed Reed and Brandon Meriweather?

CJH: Well, that played a big role in my decision. I'm not going to say that I am those guys. I kind of watched film of those guys when I was in high school preparing for the games. I put their style in my style. With all those guys playing (at UM) and leaving early (for the NFL), I think that was a big plus for me.

SR: Are you more comfortable at any particular spot in the secondary?

CJH: It really don't matter. As long as I get some contact and get some interceptions, that's all that matters. Wherever they want me is where I'll play.

SR: How have you kept in shape during the offseason?

CJH: Once I finished the North-South All-Star game, I've been training five days a week. I take the weekends off. I've gained weight. I'm up to 212. I was (195) when the season ended. It's not fat or anything. I'm in good shape. I go to the gym and I'm doing more lower-body workouts. I'm working more toward depth when I work out so I can get prepared for college.

SR: Are there any players or incoming recruits who you are particularly close to?

CJH: Ramon Buchanan, we talk at least once a week, Joe Wylie and Jordan Futch. Ramon was my roommate for the North-South all-star game. He was committed to UM and I was still committed to FSU. I met Jordan and Joe at the Georgia Tech game and we've just kept in contact.
 9 years ago '04        #3802
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Today we catch up with Davon Johnson, a 5-11, 170-pound receiver from Booker T. Washington in Miami. After helping his team win the Class 4A state title, Johnson will be in competition for the fastest Hurricanes player when he arrives on campus. Here's what he's talking about these days:

SR: What have your conversations with Aubrey Hill been like so far?

DJ: It's just been us talking about how we plan to get the receivers corps better. We're trying to build one of the best in the nation. He's always talking about turning things around and getting them back to like they used to be.

SR: Growing up in Miami, you watched the Hurricanes when they were on top. What's been missing the last few years?

DJ: It's the swagger, that winner mentality when you think that nobody can beat you. It's not like that anymore. You see teams like USC walking around with that swagger. That puts fear into other teams. We're trying to get that back.

SR: Other than yourself, which of the incoming wide receivers is the most explosive?

DJ: It depends what category you put them in. I have the speed. Kendal (Thompkins) has the moves. Tommy (Streeter) and Aldarius (Johnson) have the size. We all bring a lot of different things to the table. I just can't say that there is one. If I did, I wouldn't be telling you the truth.

SR: Can Brandon Harris, a teammate at Booker T, cover you one-on-one? What makes him such a special cornerback?

DJ: Yeah, he could cover me. He gets me sometimes. I get him sometimes. We've been playing together since we were 6 years old, so we know each other. We go back and forth and are competing everyday in practice. He knows the game. He's physical. And he's fast.

SR: One recruiting site said you rely too much on athletic ability. Is that a fair a.ssessment?

DJ: Really, I just go out there and play. It's up to other guys and what they believe about me. Everybody has some negative stuff said about them. You could be the best wide receiver in the country and you're still going to have something negative said about you. My coach, he taught me some technique. Last summer, (Bengals receiver) Chad Johnson came out to practice and worked with us. He showed us some different things.

SR: How have you spent the offseason staying in shape?

DJ: I was running track, but in the first meet I hurt my hamstring. So I really had nothing to do but relax for a month. I lifted weights and started running again in districts, but I couldn't compete. I wasn't in running shape. Last week I started running routes on the field with Thearon Collier and we ran 16 110s (yards). I'm back in running shape now. We just can't stop working because it's just something that we're used to doing.

SR: What separates you from the other receivers in the class?

DJ: I'd have to say speed. I can close a cushion on a defender kind of fast, before he can open his hips. My fastest 40 (yard dash) time was probably in the 10th-grade at the Rutgers camp in New Jersey. I ran a 4.29. That's pretty fast.

SR: What have been the initial discussions in terms of where you will play on offense?

DJ: They told me they will bring me in as an outside (receiver), but I'll play slot. I can play everything, so I'm just going to try and learn the whole playbook when I get there. If they put me at kick return or punt return, I'll do that. I only took one (kick) back in high school, and that's because most teams didn't want to kick us. I like special teams. They call it special teams because there are special players out there.
 9 years ago '04        #3803
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Today we catch up with Vaughn Telemaque, a 6-2, 190-pound safety out of Long Beach (Calif.) Poly. He starred at one of the nation's finest high schools. It is known for producing NFL talent, such as Willie McGinest, Marquez Pope, Leonard Russell and Stephone Paige and dozens others. Telemaque is the most personable and well-spoken recruit I've talked with so far for this series. Here's what he is saying as he prepares for his UM arrival:

SR: We've all heard about how powerful the Long Beach Poly program is. What was it like playing there and do you think it will prepare you for college?

VT: Yeah, I do. It's the mentality you get when you start playing here. You hear the stories, but we hear it more often because we're out here. You start to build confidence and you know you can play with elite players. It's a boost of confidence. You believe in yourself more.

SR: There is talk that you may move to cornerback. Do you see yourself as a safety or have a preference?

VT: I can play any position in the secondary. I prefer to play safety because I think I can be helpful early. You want to play any position anytime you can get that early experience. But I'm willing to play anywhere.

SR: How much pressure were you under to stay on the West Coast and has your family adjusted to your decision to move East?

VT: Everybody is real excited. It was a common conversation we had early in the recruiting process. It was like when we first started getting recruited we talked about staying on the West (Coast). Then you just evaluate the team the way you like to evaluate. Wherever I chose, I would've got support for me.

SR: Did Kenny Phillips' decision to leave early for the NFL affect your decision at all?

VT: It wasn't really a big part of the decision. It would've been good experience to play with a player with caliber like that. The fact that he left, I could see an opening.

SR: What's the story with the green and white socks you wore in the high school championship game? And do you plan on bringing them to Coral Gables?

VT: (Laughing) I definitely have to see what coach (Randy) Shannon has to say about it. I'm definitely trying to bring the socks out there. It was just me wanting to have a different pair of socks each game. It ended up getting noticed and it turned out I played a lot better. Maybe it was the socks?

SR: Speaking of that game, you had three interceptions, including the clincher in the end zone. Is that probably your greatest game?

VT: It's definitely my best noticeable game. I had a three-interception game against Carson (High) earlier. The quarterback is going to Washington, so that was a pretty big deal. But I'm happy I left some type of mark in the title game.

SR: What's your best attribute as a cornerback?

VT: My understanding of the game. I just try to build upon that day by day, whether it's overtime in the weight room or overtime in the film room. I just want to make little tweaks. I want to be able to recognize things before they even happen.

SR: How have you spent your offseason as far as staying in shape?

VT: I've just been working with my defensive backs coach. I'm just keeping and maintaining. I don't really get out of shape and just start loafing around. I just try to keep my body moving and keep it in shape.
 9 years ago '04        #3804
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 Hurricane Ra said:
Back from the dead... barely... can't wait for Hurricane season.
my man whats happening
 9 years ago '06        #3805
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
 Hurricane Ra said:
Back from the dead... barely... can't wait for Hurricane season.
ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:applause:
 05-13-2008, 02:22 PM         #3806
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And word up to Kenny Phillips for keeping the streak alive. n*gga is gonna be a problem in the league. Cheaaaaaaaaaaa.. Anyway I can't wait for this season Marve is gonna break n*gga's necks for real.
 05-13-2008, 02:27 PM         #3807
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RAKIMS BACK! :applause:
 05-13-2008, 02:28 PM         #3808
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And Kenny Phillips is a NY Giant :applause:
 05-13-2008, 02:33 PM         #3809
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats good my n*gga
 05-13-2008, 02:56 PM         #3810
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HURRICANE RA IS BACK BOYZ

Valdosta (GA) OL Antonio Foster says Cane coaches "are supposed to come to my school sometime this week."

Foster won't be able to talk to the coaches while they're at his school, per NCAA rules, but he says it'll be a first glimpse at the most important part of his recruitment.

"The coaches are the most important thing to me in picking a college," he says. "I'm going to have to live with them for the four or five years."

The 6-foot-4, 285-pounder already lists 20 offers, including Miami.

"Miami offered two months ago," he says.

Foster says he has no frontrunners "I'm just taking it all in," he said.

Of UM, he says, "I know about the program there. They're a private school that produces most of the NFL players."

While Foster says he's considering the Canes, he also acknowledges distance will play a factor.

"It'll be tough for them because it's so far," he said.

Closer-to-home programs that offered are Florida, Florida State and Georgia Tech.

"I've visited Florida and Georgia Tech so far it was fun," he said.
 05-13-2008, 02:58 PM         #3811
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New Lenox (IL) Providence Catholic OT Patrick Ward says he expects a Cane coach at his school tomorrow.

"Coach (Jeff) Stoutland's coming," Ward said. "I've talked to him before. We've talked once every couple of weeks or so we talk about their needs for the next recruiting class, about the school and stuff. He sounds like a really good guy."

Ward won't get to chat with Stoutland on the visit, though. Per NCAA rules, coaches can't directly interact with student-athletes on the visits.

"We don't have spring ball, so coaches come and are allowed to watch us work out and get academic information (from the school)," Ward said "We can't talk to them. They can only call us once before end of May, and Miami hasn't used that call yet."

Ward may get one thing accomplished during the Stoutland visit - he's waiting on an offer from UM.

"Coach Stoutland said he wants to visit me first before offering I expect to know if I would get an offer after he comes to the school," Ward said.

He adds, "I'm definitely interested in Miami."

Ward already lists 17 scholarship offers.

"I'm looking for a school with an engineering program and an ability to win," he says.

He's never been to Miami before but knows about UM's program.

"I know Miami's got a great tradition, great players coming through there," he said.

He's not listing any favorites yet but hopes to get things narrowed down to a top eight in June.

"If Miami offers there's a chance they'd be in there," Ward said. "I have to talk and find out more about the school."

A current Cane grew up just a few miles from Ward freshman kicker Jake Wieclaw.

"I've seen him a couple of times - we haven't talked, though," Ward said.
 05-13-2008, 03:22 PM         #3812
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hurricane Ra said:
And word up to Kenny Phillips for keeping the streak alive.
The first round streak will never die... when was there ever a year when there wasnt at least one hurricane at the very least in the top 32 players available
 9 years ago '04        #3813
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
thanx caneboi

good to hear we're startin to go after some o-line help
 9 years ago '04        #3814
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Black_Deuce said:

The first round streak will never die... when was there ever a year when there wasnt at least one hurricane at the very least in the top 32 players available
hate to say it, but the streak will be in jeopardy in 2009....only prospects i can really think of are jason fox and baby james, and both would have to have monster years and k!ll in the combine to have a shot. but i guess we'll see
 9 years ago '06        #3815
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
i wouldnt mind us taking 5 or 6 OL in this class
 9 years ago '05        #3816
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
 P. Dedos said:
bryce brown > lamar miller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> berry

have fun with him just keep em away the gaytors
Say what you want but they are all great backs. Berry is also QUICKLY rising up peoples charts.

When you add people like McGee, Hyde, Emilien, and a slew of others and you see why we are happy.
 9 years ago '05        #3817
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
damn ra' come back for one day...and it just brings ereyone out the woodwards...not to mention good looking madness on the articles
 9 years ago '06        #3818
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
Luther Robinson our DT commit won another MVP award in TX to add with his gainsville Mvp award :rasta: :rasta: :rasta:

our DT depth is sick and its only gonna get better with Todd Chandler next year

ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

you can run with losers or run with winners and win!!!!!

:rasta:

Last edited by DEDOS; 05-13-2008 at 05:41 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #3819
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
Say what you want but they are all great backs. Berry is also QUICKLY rising up peoples charts.

When you add people like McGee, Hyde, Emilien, and a slew of others and you see why we are happy.
Brandon McGee is the truth and we badly need him in this class
 9 years ago '06        #3820
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
Kenny Phillips wearing 21 .....nice.

THE U IS BACK. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago