Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
122 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM         #3781
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lynchburg (VA) Brookville School athlete Logan Thomas says his house "might fall down" if he gets a Hurricane scholarship offer.

"My dad lived in Miami and he's a big Miami fan," Thomas said. "I hear about that every day. He definitely wants me to go to Miami. He's one of the crazy Miami fans."

For his part, Logan says he doesn't root for any college team.

He says "I'd be excited as well" if Miami offers.

So far he lists 15 other offers. He's sent in highlight film to Miami and is in the process of trying to contact UM coaches. He's receiving some Hurricane recruiting mail.

"Of course I'm interested in Miami – who isn't?" he says.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pounder with 4.6-second speed is being recruited as an H-back and wide receiver.

As a sophomore he played receiver and had 60 receptions for 960 yards and eight touchdowns. Last season he moved to quarterback and threw for 1,100 yards and 10 scores, rushing for 600 yards and eight more touchdowns.

He says the comparisons he hears most often are to Jeremy Shockey or Kellen Winslow.

Thomas isn't listing any frontrunners yet.

He says he'll "probably" visit Miami this summer.

Thomas also plays basketball at Brooksville and has six scholarship offers in that sport. But he plans to make football his primary college sport.

"So far Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and North Carolina all said they'd give me basketball tryouts (in addition to football scholarships)," Thomas said.
 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM         #3782
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Provo (UT) Timpview High School OL Xavier Su'a Filo lists 21 written scholarship offers.

Including Miami.

Filo says he's in no rush to make a decision.

"I'm letting it all soak in," he says.

He says the Canes are as high as anyone else on his list.

"Miami – ever since I was a little kid Miami's always been the school for my dream of playing in the NFL," Filo said. "I was thinking maybe one day I'd be good enough to go there, and now that dream's a reality.

"This summer I'm going to take a trip down there to see them. I'm still looking for my best fit in a college and I'll go there to see for myself – that'll narrow it down, give me another option."

So far he's already visited Utah, BYU, LSU and USC.

"I like those schools," he says. "As far as locally, I know about those schools the best."

Of what he's looking for in a college, Filo says, "Academics, and I want to go to a place where the coaches really like me, where I can get along with them. Also where I can fit well on the team and be able to contribute. If I can't play until my senior year, that could be against me going there. I'm not looking for a place where I can go and start right away – if it does happen that can be a good thing, but my main focus is on three things: I want to find coaches that like me, be the best fit on the team, and if I were to tear my ACL in the first game of the season to go somewhere I can feel comfortable going to school for four years."

Filo says he's spoken several times with Cane line coach Jeff Stoutland.

"He seems like a pretty nice guy," Filo said. "He is straight up with me. He's not going to tell me what I want to hear like most coaches. He's up front with me, tells me `I'd like you to come to Miami and look, check us out and if you're not interested then I'd be happy if you told me and I'd wish you luck somewhere else.' There's nothing to lose by considering them."

Filo has played organized football since sixth grade. From grades 6-8 he played fullback, and in 9th and 10th grade he played tight end. Last year was his first playing offensive line – he played right tackle.

"I enjoyed it," Filo said. "You don't get all the glory scoring touchdowns like everyone else, but offensive line, it's a good position to be at."

Filo was born and raised in Utah, but his father was born and raised in Hawaii. His father's side of the family is from Samoa.
 05-08-2008, 08:17 PM         #3783
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Michael Carter is one of the top defensive prospects from the Sunshine State. Carter, 5-11 and 170 pounds, is from Pompano Beach (Fla.) Ely High School. Last season this Rivals 100 (No. 66 overall) cornerback prospect recorded 45 tackles, 18 pass breakups and seven interceptions. He returned four for touchdowns.

"I am a physical corner that loves to jam you at the line of scrimmage," Carter said. "I am just physical at the line. Overall, I am a big cover guy with good make up speed. I do need to work a little on the fundamentals and become a better tackler."

According to Carter he is sitting on eight offers at this time, Miami, Minnesota, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, USF, Clemson, and West Virginia.

"I never thought it would be like this. I had to work hard to get here, where I am. Right now my top three schools are Miami, Minnesota and Georgia.

"Miami has a good coaching staff. I mean those guys are friendly and they bond. Miami also has great academics.

"Georgia has many defensive backs in NFL and one guy I really look up to is Champ Bailey. I know I am going to Georgia at the end of summer. It may be for their camp. I am not sure yet.

"Minnesota is a cool place and I like coach (Tim) Brewster. He is a good guy. My cousin, Tyrone Carter (Pittsburgh Steelers) played there and says it's good out of state school, a nice city, that the people are friendly, and they make you feel at home.

"I also like Auburn and West Virginia. Academics, the coaching staffs, want to play and early playing time are key factors for me."

Carter has seen the University of Miami and plans on going to Georgia, Minnesota and Auburn this summer.

"I might hit West Virginia too."
 9 years ago '07        #3784
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
props on that article
 9 years ago '06        #3785
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
"I never thought it would be like this. I had to work hard to get here, where I am. Right now my top three schools are Miami, Minnesota and Georgia.
ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

im not worried if thats the battle we got to go up against!!!!

but who knows hopefully he wasnt to freindly with PJ

9 years ago '06        #3786
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
somebody get that jakhari gore article :rasta:
 05-12-2008, 04:17 PM         #3787
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
got ya covered P.dedos.
 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM         #3788
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
CaneSport.com typically concentrates on the recruiting status of rising seniors this time of year.

But Miami Columbus High School RB Jakhari Gore is a rare breed.

Rare enough to warrant an update even though he won't be signing with a college for almost two years.

The 5-foot-10, 170-pounder is compared by many to a young Frank Gore, who is his first cousin on his mother's side.

"People say we run the same in high school, that the body weight was just the same and everything," Gore says.

Jakhari says he speaks with his cousin on a daily basis.

"I just got off the phone with him a couple of minutes ago," he says. "I'm real close with him. Every day we talk. He's a guide for me, tells me the things to do that are right."

Jakhari says Frank tells him UM would be a good choice down the road.

"Coming up a as kid I was always watching them, was always like `I want to go to that college,'" Jakhari said. "When Frank went there it was `I really want to go there.' I've always had a place for UM in my heart."

Jakhari says he isn't allowed to talk with college coaches yet other than a quick hello. He hasn't received official scholarship offers yet either, per NCAA rules.

But they will no doubt be rolling in down the road.

"His vision is outstanding," Columbus High coach Chris Merritt says. "He's the best athlete we have out there and probably the best football player. It doesn't matter what position we put him at. His vision is extremely good. He runs in a crowd very well and he'll surprise you. He's very, very strong, especially in the weight room. He's a wiry, strong, tough kid. He cleans 235, benches 265, squats 345."

Last season Gore rushed for 1,157 yards and 13 touchdowns, averaging 10 yards per carry.

Of UM, he says "Right now I'm still very young, so I still have time, but I know deeply in my heart that's where I want to go. Frank said he'd love for me to go there, said that it's a real good school to attend."

Will Gore commit early-on?

"I don't know right now," he says. "It's all kind of weird - I'm still very young and getting all this
 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM         #3789
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hurricane signee C.J. Holton is doing plenty of running in preparation for the start of his UM career.

"I just run either a mile every day, or 10 80's, 40's depending on the day," he says. "I'm also lifting weights."

Holton's put on a lot of weight since a senior season during which he played at 200 pounds.

"I'm up to 212 now," he says.

Holton stays in regular contact with Cane coaches – "We just talk about what's going on, position changes," he said.

Holton, who will play safety, knows his mental game will be the key to getting on the field early.

"It'll be complicated (once freshmen are given the playbook)," he said. "You just have to put time and effort into learning everything. How fast you learn is how fast you can get on the field."

Holton says, a.ssuming he can pick up the defense, he expects to play right away.

"I think I fit in perfect," he said. "We'll have to see how I practice, but hopefully I can contribute right away, on third down or maybe even a few first and second downs."

Holton is a good candidate for special teams play, but says he hasn't participated on special teams since ninth grade.

He's staying in regular contact with a few other signees – "I talk to Ramon Buchanan and Joe Wiley a lot, and Jordan Futch," Holton said. "We just talk about preparing to work hard, how everyone feels special about the class, how everyone's ready to get down there, get to work."

Holton currently lists a 17 ACT score and says "my GPA is okay, so I should be alright."

He says he has a core GPA of 2.4 and needs to get it to 2.5.

"At the end of the year when grades are re-calculated I should be fine," Holton said. "I'm getting A's and B's (this semester)."
 9 years ago '04        #3790
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,028 | Props total: 2228 2228
Tell y'all fans to stop trying to shoot our recruits for a n*gga, thanks in advance
 9 years ago '05        #3791
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,917 | Props total: 3 3
I'm loving the state of Florida right now. Did us good last year and looks to turn in similar results this year.
 9 years ago '06        #3792
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
I'm loving the state of Florida right now. Did us good last year and looks to turn in similar results this year.
bryce brown > lamar miller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> berry

have fun with him just keep em away the gaytors
 05-13-2008, 01:58 AM         #3793
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Back from the dead... barely... can't wait for Hurricane season.
 9 years ago '07        #3794
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 RakimAllahNY said:
:wow::wow:I thought this muthafu*ka was dead or something

welcome back fam
 9 years ago '04        #3795
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 RakimAllahNY said:
where the fu*k u been at famo?:wow:

anyways, good to have u back, we all been holdin the fort down:applause:
 9 years ago '04        #3796
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 CANEBOI11 said:
CaneSport.com typically concentrates on the recruiting status of rising seniors this time of year.

But Miami Columbus High School RB Jakhari Gore is a rare breed.

Rare enough to warrant an update even though he won't be signing with a college for almost two years.

The 5-foot-10, 170-pounder is compared by many to a young Frank Gore, who is his first cousin on his mother's side.

"People say we run the same in high school, that the body weight was just the same and everything," Gore says.

Jakhari says he speaks with his cousin on a daily basis.

"I just got off the phone with him a couple of minutes ago," he says. "I'm real close with him. Every day we talk. He's a guide for me, tells me the things to do that are right."

Jakhari says Frank tells him UM would be a good choice down the road.

"Coming up a as kid I was always watching them, was always like `I want to go to that college,'" Jakhari said. "When Frank went there it was `I really want to go there.' I've always had a place for UM in my heart."

Jakhari says he isn't allowed to talk with college coaches yet other than a quick hello. He hasn't received official scholarship offers yet either, per NCAA rules.

But they will no doubt be rolling in down the road.

"His vision is outstanding," Columbus High coach Chris Merritt says. "He's the best athlete we have out there and probably the best football player. It doesn't matter what position we put him at. His vision is extremely good. He runs in a crowd very well and he'll surprise you. He's very, very strong, especially in the weight room. He's a wiry, strong, tough kid. He cleans 235, benches 265, squats 345."

Last season Gore rushed for 1,157 yards and 13 touchdowns, averaging 10 yards per carry.

Of UM, he says "Right now I'm still very young, so I still have time, but I know deeply in my heart that's where I want to go. Frank said he'd love for me to go there, said that it's a real good school to attend."

Will Gore commit early-on?

"I don't know right now," he says. "It's all kind of weird - I'm still very young and getting all this
good lookin out:applause:
 05-13-2008, 02:55 AM         #3797
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My new name>
 9 years ago '04        #3798
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Today we catch up with Antonio Harper, a 6-3, 220-pound linebacker out of Melrose High in Memphis, Tenn. Harper is a man of few words, preferring to do his talking on the field. As he awaits whether he will qualify academically, here's what he's talking about these days:

SR: How have you been keeping active during the offseason?

AH: I've been in the weight room on and off, usually three days a week. Sometimes, I'll work out four times a week. Basically, I'm just trying to get my knee stronger.

SR: Speaking of the knee, you partially tore your ACL in the Class 4A playoffs against Kingsbury. How is it feeling these days?

AH: It was my left knee. A guy lunged at my knee and it hit the helmet. It's getting back, but it's not quite there. I have a little bit of pain, on and off. I go to therapy three days a week. I should be ready by the time I get there.

SR: You played at the same high school as Carlos Armour and Graig Cooper. What have they told you about UM?

AH: We talk all the time. They've told me what to expect when I get down there. They've told me everything and how to prepare for it. I'm liking what I'm hearing. I hung out with Coop on my visit. He showed me around.

SR: How does a kid from Memphis grow up idolizing Miami with Tennessee and Ole Miss just down the road?

AH: I've always been a Hurricanes fan. I've just always liked their style. They have had that little swag going. That's what I'll always remember. I grew up a fan of that.

SR: Can you give the latest on your academic situation? Have you qualified yet?

AH: I haven't yet. I'm just waiting for my test scores. I take the test in June. I think I have a great chance of passing it.

SR: What happens if you don't pass? Prep school?

AH: Yeah, I've thought about that. But I really don't want to think about that possibility. I really want to be in Miami this summer. It should work out.

SR: What are strengths at linebacker and what do you have to work on?

AH: Strengths are speed, technique, patience and quickness. As for weaknesses, I feel like I have to work on everything. That's how I think. I want to get better in every way possible.

SR: You played inside and outside linebacker in high school. Where do you feel most comfortable?

AH: I can really play either. I just moved to inside linebacker for my senior year. Overall, that's where I feel more comfortable. But it doesn't matter. I can play both.
 9 years ago '04        #3799
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Today, I did something that most defensive backs have a hard time doing and that's catch up with Thearon Collier, a wide receiver out of Miami Booker T. Washington. He's one of the eight WRs signed in the class, and brings confidence to the group. Here's what the 5-9, 163-pounder is saying these days:

SR: Your high school was so close for years to winning a state championship. How satisfying was it finally achieving that goal last year?

TC: Yeah, it was tough. All my life I had been wanting to bring home a state championship. It finally all just came together, we came together as a team last year. It felt good going out on top.

SR: How much time have you spent on the UM campus visiting with teammates and coaches?

TC: I go down there every weekend. It's a great atmosphere. I like to visit guys like Ryan Hill, Jacory Harris and Aldarius Johnson. I got a good bond with them. We played (little league) together.

SR: Do you see yourself being used mostly as a kick returner your first year?

TC: Yeah, they want to use me as a returner, but also as the slot guy. As a returner, they want you to make big plays. I think I'm a big-time player and I'm ready to make the big-time plays. I'm not afraid of being that guy.

SR: What would you say is the one thing you know you have to improve before your arrival?

TC: My speed, no doubt. I got that first 50 (yard) speed. I gotta work on my endurance. I got to get in the weight room because I need to work on my explosion in my legs. So I'm working on my lower body.

SR: Has it been disappointing watching the play of the UM receivers the last few years?

TC: Yeah, you can be disappointed about it, but we got new guys who are ready and want to step in. We're ready to put the program back to where it used to be.

SR: After a catch, what is the first thing you're looking for?

TC: The first thing I'm thinking is how do I make this man miss? That's when I get excited, because I'm always looking to make a move.

SR: What type of workouts are you doing in the offseason?

TC: I go out on the field with our quarterback (Sancho McDonald) every day. We go out there and work on route running and do agility drills. It helps me stay in shape, so I'll be ready when I get to campus.

SR: You, Davon Johnson and Brandon Harris all had the opportunity to enroll early. Do you still think you made the right decision?

TC: Yeah, we had the chance, but we wanted to enjoy that last year. I wanted to go to prom and graduate with my class. It's what we wanted to do.
 9 years ago '04        #3800
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Today we catch up with 6-3, 295-pound defensive tackle Jeremy Lewis of Palm Beach Lakes High School. Lewis got a late start playing football, but worked his way into becoming a big-time prospect. He's set to arrive on campus June 24, and here's what he's talking about:

SR: With guys like Marcus Forston and Micanor Regis coming in, do you think it's going to be difficult making a name for yourself?

JL: No, I'm pretty sure we're all going through the same thing. It's something good. I know everyday I have to work hard and practice hard. It's something that is going to make all of us better. It's a pretty good situation for all of us.

SR: How have you been keeping busy during the offseason as far as staying in shape?

JL: I started a little plan they (UM) gave me. I got a weightlifting class here at school everyday. I'm taking advantage of it. I haven't maxed out, but I'm doing reps of 225. I can get it up 10 times. So I definitely think I've improved.

SR: What have your discussions been like with Coach Hurtt? Has there been any talk of you redshirting this season?

JL: I've got to come in with a mindset that I'm going to play this season. I'm going to work hard so I can be a part of this team this year. Coach Hurtt is a good guy. It's not just football with him. We talk about school and life.

SR: How was close was Tennessee in the mix when it came down to National Signing Day?

JL: It was kind of close. But I had a good feeling I was going to Miami all along. It was the coaches and the opportunities I felt I would have there.

SR: You played some basketball for coach Lorenzo Hands at Palm Beach Lakes. Do you think that could be an advantage for you in terms of athleticism.

JL: I played all four years. I was a power forward. It could help me, but I don't even want to talk about it. I'm a very humble person. I played my senior year, but I really focused on football. I knew football was my ticket. I still play basketball. I actually played yesterday.

SR: A lot of recruiting sites use the word "raw" when describing you. Is this because you're so new to playing football?

JL: Probably. I actually started playing my junior year. I always thought I was going to be the next Shaq or something. Then I started traveling and seeing guys that were 7-foot and playing my position. Everyone at school starting saying that I had the size to play football. I know I still got a lot to learn at the next level, but that's pretty much what college is for.

SR: Is there at all any sense of nervousness being part of this recruiting class because of the expectations?

JL: Not really. I got my mind on playing football. I just got to go in there and think this is nothing special. I know it's a good opportunity to be a part of the team that's going to turn around the program.

SR: Could you see yourself maybe moving to offense, maybe the line or even tight end? I know you played TE some in high school.

JL: Not really. I'm a D-tackle and that's it. I didn't play much offensive line and they used me at tight end on two-point conversations. I caught one for a touchdown.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy