Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #361
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381

[pic - click to view]

New Commit: Leonard Hankerson

New coach Randy Shannon began taking in-home visits on Sunday night, taking trips to the homes of Graig Cooper and Nick Fanuzzi.

Last night Shannon took in-home visits with Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas dynamic duo Leonard Hankerson and Major Wright.

He visited Hankerson first, arriving at 8 p.m.

And it didn't take Hankerson long to announce he was going to be a Hurricane.

"I said `I'm coming down to Miami,' and I committed,'" Hankerson said. "He was excited. Coach (Marquis) Mosely and coach (Tim) Walton were with him. They were all real excited.

"I was leaning to Miami before that strongly."

Hankerson says it's a done deal.

He is the Canes' fourth receiver commitment of the year, joining Daniel Adderley, Kayne Farquharson and Taurus McKinley.

Hankerson says he hopes to get immediate playing time at UM.

"He said he's bringing receivers in that are going to compete, and that I have to try to come in and take the other guys out," Hankerson said.

Hankerson spoke more about Shannon's visit: "It went real well," he said. "I have a son [Leonard III, who is 10 months old], and coach Shannon talked about the stuff he's been through. ... He got down to business and told me what was going on with the program. We just talked about how he's going to turn the team around, what kind of players are coming in, how many receivers are coming back.

"He was talking a lot about classroom work. I said I want to major in business, and he said during the off-season they have players that work in downtown Miami and he expects me to work hard in the classroom.

"He also had some jokes. As he left, he just said, `Congratulations.' I like coach Shannon. He's a really good coach. I like everything going on at that program."

Of his goals at UM, Hankerson said, "I'm going to go down there and be the best I can be, work hard and try to start. I'll do what I have to on and off the field."

Hankerson said he spoke with Wright and that his teammate did not commit during the in-home visit yesterday.

Hankerson still has some classroom work to do to qualify. He lists a 2.5 grade-point average but says he needs 70 more points on the SAT to qualify academically.

He finished the past season with 39 receptions for 803 yards and 14 touchdowns.

He had an 85-yard, one-touchdown performance in the team's overtime state championship thriller.
 12-12-2006, 02:59 PM         #362
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 12, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

New Cane head coach Randy Shannon didn't waste much time hitting the recruiting trail.

His first in-home visit was Sunday during the day - he was in the Memphis (Tenn.) home of former Cane commitment Graig Cooper.

Cooper decommitted from UM a few days after Larry Coker was fired.

Shannon's trying to win him back.

Graig Cooper may take a second trip to Miami
"We sat down and talked," Cooper said. "He talked about himself, the upcoming season. He said he wants me to come out to Miami."

Cooper says he'll come out to Miami ... for a visit.

He's already taken an official visit.

"Miami's still got some ground to make up, but it's possible I'll wind up there," Cooper said. "I'll probably visit in two weeks."

If Cooper doesn't turn out to be a Cane, Shannon will have wasted the chance to tell a recruit that he was the first-ever in-home visit he took as head coach.

But Shannon seems to think Cooper's worth the chance.

"He told me, `Look at Reggie Bush and imagine yourself,'" Cooper said. "He really wants me to come, said that I have to work to start, but he says I can be like Bush. He said `Watch Bush this Sunday' and that's how they want to use me."

Cooper said Shannon's visit "helped Miami a lot. I like coach Shannon."

Shannon made a final plead for Cooper before leaving for a plane ride to the Texas home of quarterback Nick Fanuzzi.

"He looked at his watch, told me, `I'll be looking for you on June 15 [the first day of classes at UM]," Cooper said. "I said, `Well coach, we'll see how this recruiting plays out."

Cooper says he plans to announce a final decision around Christmas time.

Shannon arrived in Texas for a night time visit with the Fanuzzi family.

The visit there "went wonderful," according to Fanuzzi's mother, Barbara.

Shannon and coach Tim Walton stayed at the Fanuzzi house for over three hours, solidifying the quarterback's commitment.

"Coach Shannon is very warm, very polished," Barbara Fanuzzi said. "He's very energetic. He definitely knows his football. We learned a lot. He talked about football on both sides of the ball."
 12-12-2006, 03:00 PM         #363
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 12, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jesse Bowman bio

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Wesson (MS) Copiah-Lincoln Community College has gotten a pair of visits from Cane coach Joe Pannunzio in the last two weeks.

He was there to check out DT Jesse Bowman, who had 67 tackles, 10 for losses, with two sacks in eight games this past season.

"I talk to [Pannunzio] a lot," Bowman said. "I got a Miami offer two weeks ago - he was the one that told me I have it."

Bowman says he has not yet spoken with new Cane head coach Randy Shannon.

"I missed a call from him, but I'm going to call him back soon," Bowman said.

He says of the Shannon hiring that, "I think it's a great hire. The situation is the players already have a camaraderie with him, so I'm looking forward to finding out more about him."

Bowman lists offers from UM, Mississippi State and Mississippi.

Assuming Shannon still wants Bowman, he says the Canes are a possible destination.

"Miami has good shot," the 6-foot-2, 295-pounder with 4.8-second speed said. "It's all going to play out. I have no No. 1 school in mind right now."

At the same time Bowman is planning a visit date for January and says, "It's a possibility I will commit on that visit."

Asked what he'll base a final decision on, Bowman said, "The team atmosphere, seeing the coaching staff."

Bowman said the Canes have indicated they want him to play right away.

"They really need a defensive tackle coming in," he said. "They said they want a man of my caliber to come in because I have junior college experience."

Bowman played high school ball at Brookhaven (Miss.) High School. He signed with Mississippi State out of high school but didn't qualify academically.
 12-12-2006, 03:07 PM         #364
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

December 11, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Jabaal Sheard bioVideo highlights

Hollywood Hills (Fla.) High School DE Jabaal Sheard had coach Rich Olson visit his school last week.

"He was just checking in, making sure I'm still interested in Miami," Sheard said.

Olson is not expected to be on the coaching staff next year, and Sheard says he's looking forward to getting a relationship going with new head coach Randy Shannon.

"I haven't talked with him, but my mom knows him back from high school," Sheard said.

Asked if he thinks recruits would be more impressed with a big-name coach from elsewhere vs. promoting a defensive coordinator, Sheard said, "Miami recruits a lot of athletes, big-time athletes, and I think it's better for UM as a whole because coach Shannon knows the program and the players."

Shannon has said he wants to keep the top players in Florida.

And Sheard would certainly seem to fit that bill. Although he is still waiting on a Cane offer, he has offers from the likes of South Carolina and Auburn.

"I don't really have any favorites," Sheard said. "Miami sends me mail all the time telling me about their school, different information. I'll probably take an official visit there. I'm still open about things."

Sheard finished last season with 11 sacks, 55 tackles, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

Man fu*k all these out of state recruits, we control Dade, we get rings.
 12-12-2006, 03:10 PM         #365
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:

[pic - click to view]

New Commit: Leonard Hankerson
welcome to the family !!!!!

he already has signs of that U swagga !!!

im in the club posted up !! got my arms folded !!!

fitted pulled down and these haterz im scopin

:rasta:
 10 years ago '04        #366
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
the wideout position is lookin real solid, got hankerson, adderley, mckinley
Farquharson, still waitin on thompson. this is what coker was supposed to do, recruit enough wideouts so that you wouldnt have to start the season with
not enough, then when one got hurt or suspended to compensate you convert your damn punter and defensive backs
 10 years ago '04        #367
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
lance leggett got some major competition comin in, that half-assed attitude he's had the past couple years aint gon fly with shannon
 12-12-2006, 04:21 PM         #368
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah we have alot of questions at WR next year

i like legget and sheilds but other than that personally i havent seen much

12-12-2006, 04:23 PM         #369
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Were getting back to the JJ and Erickson days. Were the back up's at skill positions could step in and take your job. That was lost in the Butch Davis/Coker days atleast its back.

"Only thing a Cane fears is an injury cause you could never see the field in till your in the nfl"
 10 years ago '04        #370
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:

"Only thing a Cane fears is an injury cause you could never see the field in till your in the nfl"
true story right there
 12-12-2006, 07:02 PM         #371
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 10 years ago '04        #372
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
UM offensive coordinator heads to Arizona State
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

University of Miami offensive coordinator Rich Olson is leaving Miami to become the new offensive coordinator for Arizona State under just-hired head coach Dennis Erickson.

Olson, 58, leaves Wednesday morning for Tempe, where he will finalize his contract. He is close friends with Erickson, who formerly coached UM to two national titles.

''I'm very excited,'' Olson said this afternoon. ``It's obviously an opportunity to go back and work with Dennis, who has had an awful lot of success at the college football level. And my daughter lives in Tempe and graduated from Arizona State, and my wife grew up there and her family is all in the Phoenix and Tucson area.

``We thought about making Arizona our home a few years ago. This now gives us an opportunity to do that.''

Olson, in his second coaching stint at UM, said he was very disappointed that his return to Miami didn't have a happy outcome.

''It's unfortunate the UM situation didn't work out for myself and for [dismissed coach] Larry [Coker],'' he said. ``I feel awful about the whole situation.

``But I'm also happy for [new coach] Randy [Shannon] for the opportunity he has to get it turned around. He'll do a great job.''

Erickson was announced as the new ASU coach at a Monday news conference. He won national championships as the Hurricanes head coach in 1989 and '91.

Olson, who also coached running backs at UM, was Erickson's UM offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 1994. Olson coached the UM wide receivers in 1992 and the quarterbacks in 1993. The two were graduate a.ssistants together at Washington State in 1970.

Olson was not expected to be retained by new UM head coach Shannon, who accepted the job last Thursday and was introduced to the public Friday. Olson told Shannon the news today.

''We've got a great relationship, so that was not an issue,'' Olson said. ``Not at all. Things happen fast. That's the nature of the business.''

Olson said he believes UM recruiting will be successful, despite the coaching changes. The recruiting ''dead period,'' in which coaches may not have face-to-face contact with recruits, starts Saturday and lasts through the holiday period until early January.

A native of Montebello, Calif., Olson quarterbacked for Washington State. He is a 30-year veteran coach in college and the NFL, and coached Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper for the Minnesota Vikings in 2005.

Ironically, one of Shannon's targets for a new offensive coordinator is Dirk Koetter, the Arizona State coach who was just fired and replaced by Erickson.

Koetter, like Coker, is expected to coach the Sun Devils in their bowl game.
 10 years ago '04        #373
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
man..what the hell are we doing trading coaches and sh*t now.

but im glad olson is gone..but the irony is he will probally do pretty well at ASU
 10 years ago '04        #374
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Florida International-Miami football series will continue

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- The football series between Florida International and Miami, marred this year by a bench-clearing brawl that led to the suspension of 31 players, will continue in 2007.

"We're going to play it," Miami athletic director Paul Dee told The Miami Herald on Tuesday. "We have good people, and I think everyone understands what happened can't happen again."

A message left on Dee's cell phone by The a.ssociated Press was not returned. Miami's athletic department said it was not planning any other announcements about the future of the series.

The schools, with campuses only nine miles apart in South Florida, are set to meet again Oct. 6 at the Orange Bowl. That was the originally scheduled date for the second half of the two-game series between the programs, who have no other meetings in football scheduled after 2007.

The f!ght came in the third quarter of the first-ever meeting between Miami and Florida International, a game the Hurricanes won 35-0. Florida International suspended 18 players, kicking two of those off the team entirely, while Miami suspended 13 players for their role in the brawl.
 10 years ago '04        #375
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
bye olson, take your sh*tty 3-step drop offense with you
 12-12-2006, 08:08 PM         #376
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anybody know when next year season schedule comes out ???

or if it has came out yet

:rasta:
 10 years ago '04        #377
Javon23 252 heat pts252
space
space
$45,084 | Props total: 6175 6175
welcome to the U baby!
 12-12-2006, 08:13 PM         #378
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dunno, but I know were going to be facing a former Rival... we got a home and home with OU
 10 years ago '04        #379
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
we play
9-1 Marshall
9-8 @ Oklahoma
9-15 Texas A&M
10-6 Florida International
TBA North Carolina State
TBA @ Florida State
TBA @ Boston College
TBA Virginia
TBA Georgia Tech
TBA Duke
TBA @ North Carolina
TBA @ Virginia Tech

Last edited by KiNgJaMeS305; 12-12-2006 at 08:20 PM..
 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM         #380
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We play FSU later in the year right? Not so soon? I thought I heard them talking about pushing it back like it use to be
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago