Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3721
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Deeangoe said:
does ne body know what happend to rakim, seems every other weekend they making a thread bout him on bxsc....did he do a if duke loses ill never return type bet?
he's been ghost since the super bowl, his whereabouts are a mystery
 9 years ago '06        #3722
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yall in trouble :rasta:
 9 years ago '06        #3723
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space

south florida swag >>>>>>>>>>>>

LMAOOOO i dont care if getting bryce and lamar

give this guy on offer :rasta:

Last edited by DEDOS; 04-16-2008 at 07:58 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #3724
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
I just saw this vid on Jakhari Gore:wow::wow:

It was just sophomore year highlights too

9 years ago '04        #3725
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
t-ward got that swag for real, if he aint scared of comp he'll stay in south florida

and gore' got orange and green in his veins:applause:

damn we went from having no running backs to having a sh*tload coming in
 9 years ago '07        #3726
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Btw the whole copy of Year of The Bull is on youtube
 9 years ago '05        #3727
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
shoulda done a year of the bull with last yrs team
 9 years ago '06        #3728
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
I love that documentary. Not because of the Bulls. My high school APK beating Northwestern in the championship game. Brandon Merriweather was on that team. He use to k!ll me in practice.

About the U. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!
 9 years ago '06        #3729
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 madness said:
t-ward got that swag for real, if he aint scared of comp he'll stay in south florida

and gore' got orange and green in his veins:applause:

damn we went from having no running backs to having a sh*tload coming in
gore is a lock and clements and lamb also for 2010 :wow:
 9 years ago '04        #3730
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
THE DRAFT: I caught up with a few agents and former Canes this week for my Sunday sidebar. From the people I spoke with in and outside the program, it sounds to me like UM will be lucky to have more than four players taken in this year's draft. That would end the streak UM has enjoyed of having at least five players taken in each draft since 2000. So, who are NFL teams looking to draft after Calais, Kenny and linebacker Tavares Gooden are gone?

UM officials are privately saying it will likely be defensive end Vegas Franklin, who at 6-3, 255, has done well enough in workouts to impress scouts. One agent told me he thought Franklin would end up being better than Campbell in the long run. I caught up with Franklin Thursday and he told me he's been working out hard on UM's campus with trainer Andrew Swasey and teammate Teraz McCray. Franklin said he flew to Houston for a private workout with the Texans earlier this month and worked out with the majority of his UM teammates at the Dolphins facility last week. "I'm hearing second day to free agent," Franklin told me when I asked him what he's heard about his draft stock. "I just want a chance to show people what I can do."

*Receiver Darnell Jenkins' agent told me regardless of what has been said or written about his clients slow times in 40-yard dash testing, he believes an NFL team will invest a Darnell_jenkinspick in UM's MVP from last season. Agent Daniel Rose told me Thursday Jenkins has been doing really well in private workouts for teams. "Swasey has clocked him at 4.26 and I know at Dolphins day he ran under a 4.4. It's just when he's been timed on bigger stages he's run slower times. The bottomline is Darnell is faster on the field than in the 40. The best way to describe his speed is that North Carolina game when he had the 97-yard touchdown. He's just a guy who is much faster in games than when there's a stopwatch."

* Mel Kiper said quarterback Kyle Wright, who quarterbacked the combine in Indianpolis, is likely headed to the free agent route but said he wouldn't be surprised if Wright is drafted late.

* Offensive lineman Derrick Morse, who returned home to workout at his high school in Bonita Springs, Fla. after UM's Pro Day in late February, told me Thursday he's been encouraged by the emails of support he's been receiving from Canes fans here in Miami. He said he won't get discouraged even if he isn't picked Sunday as Kiper expects.

"There is only 250 guys who get picked," Morse said. "And there is only a 52-man roster. I know if I don't make it, I'm just going to continue to work at my dream. I've seen lots of guys make it in other places like the CFL and the All-American football league. [Anthony Wollschlager] is still trying. He didn't make it last year, but he's still busting his butt. I've got a degree in Criminology and Liberal Arts. I want to at least try for a couple years to make it. It's the only time I'll get to do it because once your done you'll never get a chance to do it again in your life."

POSITION SWITCHES: Canesport.com and InsideTheU.com reported this week position switches for three Hurricane players following the spring. They were defensive lineman Luqman Abdullah (he was buried on the depth chart) moving to offensive line, junior Ryan Hill switching from receiver to cornerback (he was recruited as a corner) and the real eye-opener of sophomore Damien Berry getting moved from safety to running back.

In my conversations with UM officials Thursday, I was told the move to switch Damien_berryBerry was made to "create more competition in the backfield." Another UM official said, "we're loaded with safeties, but last year injuries k!lled us at running back. Coach made the move to make us more secure there. It wasn't because Damien was upset. He was asked and he accepted it."Reading between the lines, I get the sense a few things could have led to it. One, perhaps coaches were disappointed with the play of freshmen Shawnbrey McNeal and Lee Chambers -- the slotted No. 4 and No. 5 running backs. Or, the injury to No. 3 running back Derron Thomas was serious enough to get coaches worried they'd be short at running back this coming season.

Either way, Berry has plenty of experience with the football in his hands. At Glades Central, he was the team's star running back before suffering a knee injury. What I'm interested to see is how long this experiment lasts or if Berry becomes the next Cane to be lost in translation, ala Devin Hester, James Bryant and a cast of other former Canes. After all, Bryce Brown is supposed to come in '09 and Javarris James and Graig Cooper aren't going anywhere right now.
i'm glad hill's moving back to corner, he drops too many balls. and berry was a stud when he played running back in high school, the kid is an athlete and will ball out no matter what position he plays.
 9 years ago '06        #3731
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks famo^
 9 years ago '08        #3732
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
 P. Dedos said:
gore is a lock and clements and lamb also for 2010 :wow:
Now come on now.......... Ain`t no way in hell ya`ll gone get Miller, Berry, Gore, Lamb, and maybe Ward in two years!!!!! I know them boys say they ain`t scared of comp, but still........ Oh yeah, i head ya`ll were recruiting Trabis as a corner though.........
 9 years ago '06        #3733
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 904Nole said:
Now come on now.......... Ain`t no way in hell ya`ll gone get Miller, Berry, Gore, Lamb, and maybe Ward in two years!!!!! I know them boys say they ain`t scared of comp, but still........ Oh yeah, i head ya`ll were recruiting Trabis as a corner though.........
well regardless if we get two outta of three it aint bad

its too early to tell right now anyways for the 2010 anyways

but gore >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
 9 years ago '08        #3734
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
Yeah.....Gore is a shoe-in to be a Cane........ But honestly......Berry >>> Miller.....In my opinion......
 9 years ago '06        #3735
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 904Nole said:
Yeah.....Gore is a shoe-in to be a Cane........ But honestly......Berry >>> Miller.....In my opinion......
if we can only take two give me lamar miller and bryce brown period

then 2010 comes around :wow: :wow: :wow:
 9 years ago '08        #3736
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
If it were me...... Miller & Berry.....I`d turn Brice into a Full-back or something....
 9 years ago '04        #3737
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 904Nole said:
If it were me...... Miller & Berry.....I`d turn Brice into a Full-back or something....
f*ck that....Bryce is to good to be a FB. dude will be a star
 9 years ago '06        #3738
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
lmao @ fullback
 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM         #3739
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea yall i been gone for a minute but im back for good..had to renew my subscription canesport.com...soo im back with all the info boys

Coach Randy Shannon spoke today, and he summed up his team's spring by saying, "The spring went very well for us. We were excited about how the progress of the quarterbacks came along. Those guys did a tremendous job of working a quick game, getting the ball out to the wide receivers. The biggest addition was getting eight guys in (early). Now they have the rhythm and pace of what we're trying to do in practice. It was very competitive on both sides of the football. The addition of Bill Young and Aubrey Hill were a tremendous a.sset to us."

Shannon pointed to the quarterbacks and the receivers as surprising him the most with their strides this spring.

"The quarterbacks did tremendous strides," Shannon said. "I was pleased with the way the receivers played the entire spring except maybe the spring game - there were drops - but for the most part I was impressed by the receivers and the runs after the catch."

Shannon also praised the play of Allen Bailey, who moved from linebacker to defensive end before the spring.

"We were really, really excited about the way Allen Bailey picked up," Shannon said. "He still has a couple of things to go, but as far as his first time playing defensive end, we're really excited by him. He has a lot of pass rush natural ability. He really controlled the tight end, the offensive tackle, had a good get-off chasing the football and mentality on the defensive line."

Shannon said he wouldn't be surprised if Bailey weighs 310 or 315 pounds by the fall – he weighed in at 290 this spring.

"He's an explosive, big kid," Shannon said. "I don't know if he'll ever stop (gaining) weight, get bigger."

Shannon said he thinks the eight freshmen that came in early will contribute right away.

"Those guys have brought something to the team, that mentality of competing and winning," Shannon said. "It makes you develop depth. This is the first time in a long time (we could) go first and second team, both sides of the football. That's a tremendous part of what we were trying to get done."

Shannon said he expects that some of the true freshmen yet to arrive could also help out right away. In particular he mentioned the skill players as possibly playing.

Shannon also addressed several players that have changed positions.

"We moved (Luqman) Abdallah from defensive line to offensive line, don't know his position yet - either guard or tackle," Shannon said. "We moved Ryan Hill to defensive back - Ryan has done a great job at receiver for us, but we need more out of him. His natural position is defensive back. He gives us more depth at the safety position. Damien Berry is doing a great job at nickel, but we need more depth at running back. Last year we play Boston College at the end of the season and have no (running backs). I'm always concerned about that. At that nickel position we have guys, and I think this gives Damien a chance to come in and compete, do situational things, great things at running back. And Eric Houston we moved to fullback (from linebacker)."

Shannon addressed rumors about DE Adewale Ojomo being suspended.

"No, I don't know who told you that," Shannon said. "That's not true."

Shannon hopes for a big turnaround from last year.

"Nobody in the program wants to go 5-7," he said. "We're recruiting players from wining teams who win championships. You're going to develop that winning attitude by recruiting that type of guy. That sense of urgency will come back."

Shannon also spoke about his planned tour of the Middle East next month. His daughter returned two weeks ago from service in the Middle East and is now living in San Diego.

"President Shalala had received an email from somebody in the military and asked would they get in contact with me," he said. "I thought it would be something great because you could support the people protecting the United States, f!ghting for freedom, democracy. It's an opportunity to go over there and talk with the guys, let them know we're supporting them and keep doing your job the best you can."
 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM         #3740
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Garland (TX) South Garland High School OL Jeramie Roberts says he expects a solid Hurricane offer in the near future.

"Their coaches talked with our coaches, and my coach told me they want to offer," the 6-foot-4, 305-pounder said. "I've gotten letters from the whole (Miami) coaching staff. They just say come to the U, we need you to come to Miami. It's just got a big `U' on it."

Roberts has also spoken with line coach Jeff Stoutland.

"He says `We'll be following you,' said he's going to try and come out and see me, and within the next month or so I'm going to try to go out there to Miami."

Roberts says he's already visited five other college campuses.

"I've gone to other ones for junior days," he said.

Roberts says he's interested in Miami but that "I have to find out more about them academically."

He adds, "Their program is one of the best to go to the next level pro-wise."

Roberts plays guard in high school and says he may move to center this season.

So far he lists two solid offers: Kansas and Baylor.

His favorites?

"At my top is Miami, Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma," Roberts said.

And he says Miami and Baylor are his top two.

"Those are the main colleges I've looked at so far," he says.

Baylor is under a two hour drive from his house, and Roberts says "Distance may be a factor, but it doesn't really matter how far - it's the school I'm going to fit best at."

Roberts had initially planned to make a commitment in August, but now he says he's thinking about waiting longer to make up his mind.

"Miami has a good chance," he said. "I haven't been down there to see their facilities yet. I'll do that before I make any decisions, see what kind of coaching staff they have before I make any decision."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy