Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
15 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '06        #3701
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,716 | Props total: 12263 12263
 ttime236 said:
Damn, Shields ran a 4.26?:wtf: That sh*t would be one of the best times for just the nfl combine
this is shields year famo i really hope he stays outta shannons doghouse and he might finally have QB's who can put the ball in his hands watch out that muthafu*ka will take it to the house

as for swasey there was alot of heat on him these years i hope that gets put to rest and allen bailey isnt human
 9 years ago '04        #3702
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
good stuff booie
 9 years ago '04        #3703
booie4 
space
space
$4,879 | Props total: 605 605
Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School center Henry Orelus is an LSU commitment - he committed on signing day.

But he says other schools shouldn't count him out, including Miami.

Orelus was a participant in the recent Nike Camp at UM and said there that "I'm still going to go on visits, am leaving my options open."

As of now Orelus only has two offers: LSU and West Virginia.

"Miami hasn't offered me yet, but they're recruiting me hard," Orelus said. "They send mail, I've talked to a couple of coaches.

"Coach (Clint) Hurtt told me I have a good chance to come in and make a big impact at Miami, come in and play. He said the center graduated last year, that they have another senior center now and that I can come in and probably play."

Asked if, should UM offer, the Canes have a chance to land him, Orelus says, "Yeah, there's a chance."

Of LSU, where he attended a pair of summer camps, he says, "When I went there they made me feel like I'm family, and the coach said when I come in I can probably get a lot of playing time my freshman year and maybe start."

Orelus says of the Canes that "I know they're in a big rebuilding process, and I think coach (Randy) Shannon's a good coach."
 9 years ago '04        #3704
booie4 
space
space
Over the years, the state of Florida has had more than their share of top defensive tackles. In 2007, it was Northwestern DT Marcus Forston and this season Madison County DL Jacobbi McDaniel holds the honor of being one of the most feared lineman in Florida. Expect the tradition to continue, this time with 6-foot-1, 285 pound sophomore Todd Chandler.

Chandler had an amazing performance last SundayThe massive beast completely dominated the one-on-one drills at the Miami Nike Camp. Despite being an underclassman, Chandler caught the eyes of many in attendance with his overall performance. FV caught up with Chandler in Miami last weekend to find out about recruiting and the upcoming season.

Last December, Miami Northwestern DT Todd Chandler stood in the middle of the field at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando with only a glowing smile on his face after the Bulls won back-to-back State Championships. Chandler was a big part of the Bulls' success, but he explained it was a special moment for a lot of the seniors who would never have this kind of opportunity again.

"It was really special for the seniors," said Chandler. "Players like Sean Spence, Quavon Taylor and Marcus Forston were our emotional leaders so to finish it off like that was truly special."

Now with the departure of those big three on the defensive side of the ball, it's Chandler who the young players look upon for that emotional burst, and leadership. It's Chandler that must take on the pressure and deliver to keep the Bull legacy going. Too much pressure huh? Not for Chandler. But then again, Chandler isn't your normal prospect.

"A lot of people think that because we lost all these guys that Northwestern is off the map or won't be really good next season, but that just isn't the case. We have plenty of big playmakers that are young, but at the same time very talented. With top prospects like Tevin McCaskill and Khalid Marshall returning it makes my job a lot easier on the defensive line.

This weekend at the Miami NIKE Camp, Chandler took the first step showing off his dominance. The 2010 prospect wasn't concerned by the fact that he was only a sophomore and it showed when his talents were released against some of the top lineman in Florida. That never more evident with the first one on one drill when Chandler lined up against Jose Jose of Booker T. Washington and exploded not around the but straight through big powerful lineman. Chandler then shouted towards the lineman Let's do it again if you think it's a fluke.

That was only the tip of the iceberg as fans saw Chandler release his power and quickness on all the top linemen in attendance. The massive DT also drew very high praise from the coaches following his dominating effort at the camp.

"As far as underclassmen go, Todd Chandler is just really, really, really powerful," said Rivals.com recruiting analyst Barry Every.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not going to lose because that's not the way I was raised.
Todd Chandler, DT
Northwestern

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chandler didn't just dominate in the one-on-one drills where no one had an answer for his power, but the versatile lineman also showed amazing quickness in the agility drills. In fact, if you spent the whole day with the coaches who were training the linemen, you would have heard Chandler's name probably over half the event, he was that good.

"I just wanted go out there and show what I can do, I felt like I did pretty well but even still, I should have done better. I mainly used my power in the one-on-one drills, so I probably could have showed off my quickness as well but at the next camp I'm going to turn it up a notch."

What does Chandler feel his biggest strength is?

"I think it's my heart and my determination every single play. I'm not going to lose because that's not the way I was raised. I play for the best team in the nation, so when we take the field, each player expects to dominate."

As a sophomore, Chandler more than held up that end of the bargain. He finished with over 77 tackles, 25 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and four fumble recoveries.

Some of the top schools in the country are trying to get a head start by letting the talented lineman how high he is on their recruiting charts. However, for this furious pass rusher it could be an in-state battle?

"Yeah it's Florida and Miami at the top. I would give Miami the slight lead but I really like them both right now. I really like how the Gators get after it in practice. That's how our practices go. I like to show everything I've got in practice, so that impressed me a lot about what Florida is all about. It's going to be a tough choice either way because one day I see myself heading to the U and then the next day, Florida pulls me back down."

Although the Gators are making a strong charge, the relationship between Chandler and Bulls' senior standout Marcus Forston could play a factor.

"He's my big brother. That's really the way I've always looked at Marcus. He would really push me and just tell me things that I could work on so he's had a big impact in my career. It's funny right after he committed to Miami, he said alright, what are you going to do. Are you going to join me at Miami or what? Marcus has a death grip in getting me to Miami," laughed Chandler.

Either way, Chandler knows his decision will come down to the right fit. Although he is only a sophomore and can't receive official written offers, he does have verbal offers from Florida, Miami, and LSU.
 9 years ago '04        #3705
booie4 
space
space
Booker T. Washington High School OL Jose Jose was one of the elite rising juniors invited to last weekend's Nike Camp at UM.

And the 6-foot-2, 330-pounder didn't disappoint with some solid play and incredible intensity.

Not surprisingly he's already receiving plenty of recruiting interest.

"I'm getting letters from Florida State, Oklahoma, FIU, LSU and Miami, of course," he says.

Of where the Canes stand right now, Jose said, "I feel like Miami is a place anybody should want to be. They're in the process of becoming one of the best teams in the country. They had the best recruiting class, to me, this year. I feel real good about Miami right now."

He has three current teammates that signed with UM this past recruiting year. "They are already trying to get me to commit Sept. 1," Jose said. "They know I have to weigh my options, but Miami's high on my list. Very, very high."

Jose played part-time on defense in addition to his offensive line duties last year. This year he says he expects to play full-time both ways. He says he sees his future at the next level as an offensive lineman.

Of UM he adds, "I like the atmosphere, have been a Cane fan all my life. I like the pro offense they run, too. I like the school, period.

"I'm friends with Aldarius (Johnson), Marcus (Forston) also - we grew up together in the same neighborhood. They tell me they need me to come and help rebuild the program because they're bringing the program up and they need people from the community to come help build the program up."
 9 years ago '04        #3706
booie4 
space
space
In CaneSport's final Inside the Weight room segment, strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey breaks down who he sees as solid performers at each position [Note that sprint and vertical testing will occur in the months ahead]:

QUARTERBACK

Swasey spoke about Jacory Harris and Cannon Smith in Part II of the Inside the Weight Room segments, which leaves Robert Marve for this section.

Marve benched 285 pounds, squatted 300 pounds and had a 200-pound power clean this spring. That's about back to where he was before he suffered injuries that kept him from working last summer and into the fall.

"Now we're back to full speed," Swasey said. "We lost so much time. He was 190-something when he was hurt. Now he's up to 200, 205 pounds. We're just starting to make gains now. It's a little slower process, but we're back on schedule and moving forward.

"We want to have him continue gaining some nice muscle mass. We have to pad up. We're young, so I'm trying everything I can to make sure the quarterbacks get padded up, and I have to pad up the offensive line to keep them protected."

Swasey says Marve is a "very hard worker."

"He's very competitive," Swasey said. "That's the good thing about all our kids coming in - they're hard workers and dedicated to winning. That shows in their work ethic."

RUNNING BACK

Javarris James and Graig Cooper were banged up at times last year but are back at full strength. And both have gained a lot of strength.

Last year James benched 290 pounds, power cleaned 286 pounds and squatted 525 pounds. This year he benched 315 pounds, cleaned 318 pounds and squatted 535 pounds.

Last year Cooper benched 270 pounds, power cleaned 220 pounds and squatted 440 pounds. This year he benched 310 pounds and cleaned 242 pounds. His squat came in at 425 pounds.

"They're doing well," Swasey said. "They both gained some mass.

"We've got some pretty good depth, also, that will allow us to do what we need to do in the backfield."

Of Derron Thomas's 500-pound squat, which tied for eighth-best on the team, Swasey simply said, "That's pretty strong."

WIDE RECEIVER

Asked who has stepped up a lot from last year, Swasey said, "Leonard Hankerson has put on a lot (of weight), gotten a lot bigger and stronger."

Hankerson tested with a 280-pound bench, 286-pound power clean and 390-pound squat.

Swasey also said Sam Shields "has had unbelievable workouts." He added, "And there's Aldarius Johnson, and I'm very impressed with Khalil Jones in the weight room."

Jones improved his bench from 305 last year to 315, his power clean has gone from 286 to 318, and his squat improved five pounds to 320.

"He's been unbelievable, coming on real good," Swasey said.

Kayne Farquharson's numbers were on the lower end of the receivers - he benched 235 pounds, power cleaned 196 and squatted 315.

"He's a junior college kid that just came in with the program (last year)," Swasey said. "Other guys are way more stronger, but Kayne's a tough kid."

OFFENSIVE LINE

Swasey points to Joel Figueroa as making a lot of improvement. Figueroa increased his bench from 350 pounds last year to 425, and his power clean went from 264 to 308. He didn't test in the squat last year but squatted 520 pounds this year, sixth-best on the team.

"He's really matured and come on," Swasey said. "He'll really help us."

Swasey also said Reggie Youngblood has made a big step forward. Youngblood has improved his bench from 335 last year to 350, and his power clean went from 318 to 340. His squat has gone down from 425 to 410.

"I'm real proud of Youngblood," Swasey said. "He had an unbelievable spring. He was healthy, was strong and did well."

Jason Fox tested at 345 in the bench (up 20 pounds from last year), 308 in the power clean (the same as last year) and 425 (down 15 pounds) in the squat.

"Fox I'm overly impressed with," Swasey said. "He came in (weighing) 270, now is at 306.

"We have some big, massive, strong guys. Our depth is older, more mature. These guys are really maturing, getting up there in size and strength."

A couple of linemen are still working to cut weight. Chris Barney weighed in this week at 342 pounds while Ian Symonette is at 358 pounds.

"If Barney can lose 10 more pounds he can be efficient," Swasey said. "We're talking about a kid coming from 365. It's improvement. We want to make it a life-changing experience for the kid. You can see him getting better. He'll be able to help us because he can move around.

"Symonette - his strength numbers are not moving that frame like he needs to, so he needs to either drop (weight) or get super, super strong real fast."

* Orlando Franklin did not participate in testing due to injury.

"He didn't get to practice but has worked real hard," Swasey said.

Franklin hasn't been able to do upper body weights this spring.

TIGHT END

A focus for Swasey right now is getting some bulk on Daniel Adderley, who moved from wide receiver this spring.

"We'll up his shake intake, his protein intake, making sure he's getting the carbohydrates and eating as much as he can around the clock," Swasey said.

Adderley tested at 225 pounds in the bench, 220 pounds in the power clean and 335 pounds in the squat.

"He needs to get some size to be in the trenches," Swasey said. "Him moving (to tight end) creates more depth. You have Chris Zellner, Dedrick Epps, Richard Gordon, who is doing an unbelievable job. You're basically swapping the departure of Dajleon Farr with bringing Adderley in. He's someone who can probably help us a little bit. He has a new position, and coach Shannon is really challenging guys to see who can help us win games."

Swasey says Gordon is still a freak in his book. Gordon benched 360 pounds (15 more than last year), power cleaned 308 pounds (seven more than last year) and squatted 500 pounds (the same as last year).

"I know he'll end up being faster, and he's already stronger," Swasey said. "He should probably break some (tight end) records when we test in (40, vertical and other events). I'll be shocked if he doesn't."

Epps had a strong spring. In testing he benched 325 pounds, power cleaned 308 pounds and squatted 470 pounds.

"Epps has been kind of the unsung quiet hero - he made the big catch last year against Florida State," Swasey said. "He put on some huge mass, size. He's at 253 pounds, looks good.

"I'm real impressed with our tight ends with Richard, Chris Zellner (who squatted 500 pounds) - they look real good. It's exciting. No matter who is in there I think they'll help us blocking and passing. They're going to really shock you."
 9 years ago '04        #3707
booie4 
space
space
DEFENSIVE LINE

Swasey gave Allen Bailey his Freak of the Year award (see Part I for more on Bailey).

And other linemen are also doing well.

"You've got Adewale Ojomo, Steven Wesley that has done an unbelievable job - I'm very impressed with him," Swasey said. "You've got Marcus Forston in there (see Part II for more on him) and Chaz Washington has really picked it up. I'm really impressed with Chaz working and getting better."

Washington tested well with a 365-pound bench (30 more than last year), 286-pound power clean (up 22 from last year) and 445-pound squat (up 20 pounds).

"The competition really breeds success," Swasey says. "What I see is young guys coming in and challenging. You have competition going on. You've got Eric Moncur, Bailey, Ojomo, who will make some noise. You're creating depth, and that's the key. Wesley, Courtney Harris and Allen Bailey, that's pretty good depth. When we're pretty good that's what we have, that arsenal to go in and rotate. You didn't take Jerome McDougle and put him at tackle. You had enough arsenal, and it allows guys to get better at that position."

Antonio Dixon has struggled with his weight but is making some strides - he weighed in this week at 323 pounds.

"It's going down," Swasey said.

Dixon tested at 350 pounds in the bench (he did 375 last year), 274 in the power clean (he didn't test last year) and 435 in the squat (20 better than last year).

Eric Moncur, who weighed in this week at 252 pounds, remains one of the strongest Canes despite an injury that held him back a bit this spring.

He tested at 340 pounds in the bench (up 5 from last year), 286 in the power clean (off of last year's 340) and 500 in the squat (down from last year's 525).

A big question entering next year: Is Forston physically ready to be a starter as a true freshman?

"Right now it's a process," Swasey said. "We can't forget that they're freshmen. It sounds good (to have him start), but we have to rely on our older guys to come through for us. We've got Dixon, Dwayne Hendricks, Joe (Joseph). We have to rely on those guys. You can't rely on freshmen to take the bulk (of the work). They should help us out with spot play. Look at last year with Joel Figueroa and Orlando Franklin (who became starters by the end of the year as freshmen). You don't just throw them out there to the wolves. You have to help them grow and develop. It's a man's game in those trenches."

LINEBACKER

Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis are coming off injuries that cost them last year, and Swasey was effusive in his praise of Cook.

"Glenn is doing unbelievable in the weight room," Swasey said.

Cook benched 300 pounds (up 15 pounds from last spring), power cleaned 308 (the same as last year) and squatted 420 (up 5 pounds).

Davis benched 285 and squatted 365. He didn't test in the power clean. And last year he didn't test due to injury.

"Romeo is looking better," Swasey said. "He's still coming along."

Asked if anyone surprised him at linebacker, Swasey said, "I thought Spencer (Adkins) did pretty well. And Darryl Sharpton had an unbelievable spring."

Adkins and Sharpton were both among the team's top performers in the squat - Adkins was third on the team at 545 pounds while Sharpton tied for fourth at 535 pounds.

* Colin McCarthy didn't participate this spring due to injury and did not test.

DEFENSIVE BACK

Safety Anthony Redd*ck is coming back after missing time due to injury - he participated this spring - and Swasey says he likes what he's seeing.

"The kid hasn't played for two years now," Swasey said. "It's just a matter of him continuing to work and developing his confidence back. He's working hard and getting ready."

Redd*ck benched 295 pounds, power cleaned 264 and squatted 365.

"He's still a little down - was a 405, 415 kid in the squat (before the injuries)," Swasey said. "We're still working to get that leg strength back."

Swasey pointed to JoJo Nicolas as performing well - he benched 275 and squatted 375 this spring.

At cornerback, Swasey said he's been very impressed with Chavez Grant, who benched 255 pounds (up from 225 last year), power cleaned 242 (up from 230) and squatted 390 (up from 365).

"And Bruce Johnson put on some size - he's at about 186 right now from 170," Swasey said. "I'm real impressed with them and how they're working."

Johnson benched 235 pounds and squatted 320 in spring testing.

DVD came into UM last year without big weight room numbers, and Swasey says "He's getting better, is a work in progress. He just has to keep working."

DVD benched 225 pounds, power cleaned 230 and squatted 300 this spring.
 9 years ago '06        #3708
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
booie

great read, since 95 they been trying to put us in the dirt NO NO NO

this is the type of shyt that fuels our program they gonna pay

:rasta: :rasta: :rasta:
 9 years ago '06        #3709
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

LB vs RB ^

IMO thank goodness we stocked up on Linebacker recruits this year, none of these guys IMO should get an offer

^ OL vs DL

Chandler Vernon is quick as fu*k

^ WR vs DB

bailey ripped it from the wideouts and dwayne drifton

DB we need to get Carter, Ely let us down last year

9 years ago '04        #3710
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
todd chandler was unblockable in the state game, hopefully he stays home so him and fortson can wreck shop in college
 04-12-2008, 04:45 PM         #3711
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:

LB vs RB ^

IMO thank goodness we stocked up on Linebacker recruits this year, none of these guys IMO should get an offer

^ OL vs DL

Chandler Vernon is quick as fu*k

^ WR vs DB

bailey ripped it from the wideouts and dwayne drifton

DB we need to get Carter, Ely let us down last year

yo how do I play those videos?
 9 years ago '06        #3712
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 JNyiri77 said:
yo how do I play those videos?
for me right when i click that link it pops up into my windows media player

04-13-2008, 12:06 AM         #3713
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Still doesn't work for me but oh well.

Does anyone know whats the deal with the TE situation? I wanna see Richard Gordon as a starter cause he seems like a such talent to not use him more often. And does anybody know what happened to DajLeon Farr? Is he still on the team?
 9 years ago '04        #3714
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 JNyiri77 said:
Still doesn't work for me but oh well.

Does anyone know whats the deal with the TE situation? I wanna see Richard Gordon as a starter cause he seems like a such talent to not use him more often. And does anybody know what happened to DajLeon Farr? Is he still on the team?
epps, zellner, and gordon will all split reps there, plus they just moved 6'6 daniel adderley there, hopefully one of those guys emerges as the man.

and farr transferred, i forget to where
 9 years ago '04        #3715
booie4 
space
space
Farr transferred to Memphis
 9 years ago '05        #3716
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3804 3804
M.G. is my nig, ya'll gettin a raw a.ss player. I'm gonna have to root for Malcolm now with you bums :yuck:

[pic - click to view]

MALCOLM GRANT TRANSFERS TO MIAMI
Apr 13, 2008 | 3:43PM | report this
According to sources, former Villanova freshman guard Malcolm Grant has decided to transfer to Miami.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Brooklyn native averaged 5.6 points in 12.7 minutes this past season. He had an up-and-down season under Jay Wright, going for 23 points against Rutgers, 22 against Pittsburgh and 18 in a win over LSU.

However, the Wildcats had three young guards - sophomore Scottie Reynolds and freshmen Corey Stokes and Corey Fisher. It would have been difficult for Grant to get consistent minutes with that trio on front of him.

Last edited by Junior G; 04-13-2008 at 08:02 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #3717
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
does ne body know what happend to rakim, seems every other weekend they making a thread bout him on bxsc....did he do a if duke loses ill never return type bet?
 9 years ago '04        #3718
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
anyone got that rivals article about northwestern's class of 2010?
 9 years ago '04        #3719
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
April 15, 2008

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Todd Chandler
Miami Northwestern High School was kind to the University of Miami this past recruiting season, with all the top prospects the Canes targeted opting to sign with UM.

The Hurricanes are targeting another prospect from Northwestern this year WR Tevin McCaskill but those in the know say the next real wave of talent at the school will be for the Class of 2010, when talented running backs, defensive backs and linemen will be seniors.

And one prospect who has already caught the eye of college coaches is rising junior DT Todd Chandler.

The good news for Miami is he's a big Cane fan.

The bad news: He says UF is also going to play into his recruiting picture.

"UM is on the top of my list because they're a hard-working program, but I went to UF for a practice a few weeks ago and their coaches talked to me - it was nice there also," Chandler said. "Right now it's Miami and Florida neck and neck. I love both their programs. Both their coaches have a nice coaching style, push players to their limits."

Chandler says it will be hard to dissuade him from joining former teammate and friend Marcus Forston as a Cane.

"He taught me," Chandler said. "I never played football in middle school because I was too big. When I moved up in ninth grade he taught me how to use my aggression, my hands and strength. I did what he told me to do."

It worked out pretty well, as last year Chandler finished with 107 tackles, 16 sacks and three forced fumbles.

He'll be looking for a program that will get him ready for the next step.

"I want to go to the NFL," Chandler said. "When my football career stops, I want to be in the Hall of Fame. That's how I want my football career to stop in the NFL. So I'm looking for a college that's known for putting its players in the NFL."

Will having former teammates at Miami make a difference?

"Yeah, it makes a big difference," Chandler said, "because when you play with a guy like Marcus, it's going to be the same thing as it was at Northwestern. And if I go to Florida I saw how they break players into their program. That's why those two are my top colleges right now."
 9 years ago '04        #3720
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
good lookin out, cap
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
176 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kobe A.D. ID (my colorway) Your thoughts......
22 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy