Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
70 of the Most Useful Sites on the Interweb + Other Maybe Useful Sites
154 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
127 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Picture of the day: Bill Nye The Science Guy, YG, Dj Mustard, Belly
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3681
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
the future at safety is looking bright with telemaque, holton, c.j. odom, wylie, berry, nicolas

but i heard holton might have to go to prep school, hope that aint the case
 9 years ago '06        #3682
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,723 | Props total: 12271 12271
dont forget Tevin Mckaskill from MNW :D:D:D:D:D

he ran a 4.34 at the scout combine today :rasta:
 9 years ago '06        #3683
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 madness said:
the future at safety is looking bright with telemaque, holton, c.j. odom, wylie, berry, nicolas

but i heard holton might have to go to prep school, hope that aint the case
and to mention that ramon bucchanon has told coaches he wants to play saftey which is where i always thought he should play :rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #3684
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
and to mention that ramon bucchanon has told coaches he wants to play saftey which is where i always thought he should play :rasta:
aww sh*t, i forgot about cookie. he should see the field alot this year.
 9 years ago '06        #3685
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space

SOMEBODY HOOK YA BOY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 9 years ago '04        #3686
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,029 | Props total: 2229 2229
Goddamn I hate Cookie and DVD. Both should be great players but I was just pissed the fu*k off over Cookie, that's a Gator school and he fu*king played us. He should be real good for y'all.

Still our depth at Safety has got to be flat out frightening for our opponents, all of our depth is real good at that spot.
 9 years ago '04        #3687
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Goddamn I hate Cookie and DVD. Both should be great players but I was just pissed the fu*k off over Cookie, that's a Gator school and he fu*king played us. He should be real good for y'all.

Still our depth at Safety has got to be flat out frightening for our opponents, all of our depth is real good at that spot.
cookie knew what time it was:applause:

but will hill and dee finley will be a force to be reckoned with too:eek:
 9 years ago '05        #3688
ebcrew 2 heat pts
space
space
$9,878 | Props total: 87 87
April 3, 2008

Coral Gables, FL () -- - The Annual BSO Softball Game pitting members of the University of Miami Football team against a squad of Community All-Stars will be held at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 12 at the Deerfield Beach Middle School (701 Southeast Sixth Avenue).

The game, with ticket prices of $1, benefits youth programs in Deerfield Beach. Pre-game activities will begin at 5pm.

For further information, contact Carla Collins of the UM Marketing department by calling 305-284-2943.
 9 years ago '06        #3689
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
yeah bluntz this shyt was classic

[pic - click to view]

we took a palm bay kid from yall, CJ holton from uriah heep, then we went to cali and took VT from pete carrol, then snagged arthur brown

shannon aint playing around :rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #3690
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
UM baseball team ranked No. 1 in nation

The University of Miami baseball team is No. 1 in the nation.

Of 296 Division I baseball teams across the country, the Hurricanes, with a 26-2 overall record and 12-1 record in the Atlantic Coast Conference, are the best according to Baseball America and the USA Today/ESPN coaches' poll.

The Hurricanes also are expected to be voted No. 1 in the National Collegiate Baseball Writers a.ssociation poll, which should be released after 5 p.m. Monday.

The fourth major poll is Collegiate Baseball's, which had yet to release its rankings on Monday but had UM third behind Florida State (28-3, 13-1) in last week's poll.

According to the UM sports information department, this is is the first time the Hurricanes -- on a 13-game winning streak -- have been ranked No. 1 since the College World Series in June 2004. UM finished that season fourth in the nation.

The Canes' first season of playing a full ACC schedule was in 2005.

Miami has won four previous national championships: in 1982, '85, '99 and 2001.

The Hurricanes' only losses are to Florida and North Carolina State.

Miami, now just past the midpoint of its season, has the fewest losses in the nation.

The Hurricanes will play Florida Gulf Coast at 7 p.m. Tuesday at home.
 9 years ago '04        #3691
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Haith signs 5-year extension with Hurricanes

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Miami Hurricanes basketball coach Frank Haith signed a five-year contract through the 2012-13 season, a reward for leading the school to 23 wins and its first berth in the NCAA tournament since 2002.

In Haith’s fourth season, the Hurricanes went 23-11 and earned only the fourth NCAA tournament victory in school history before losing in the second round to Texas.

“Frank Haith has done a tremendous job in elevating the men’s basketball program into one of the premier teams in both the ACC and in the nation,” incoming athletic director Kirby Hocutt said in a statement Monday. “His character, dedication and relationship with his student-athletes and staff members are beyond reproach, and the University of Miami is proud to have one of the top young coaches in the nation.”

This season the Hurricanes upset Duke for their first victory against a top 5 team in nine years. Guard Jack McClinton became the first Miami player selected for the All-Atlantic Coast Conference first team.

The success came after the Hurricanes went 12-20 a year ago and were picked for last place at the preseason ACC meetings. They went 8-8 in the ACC for a fifth-place finish, the best since they joined the league in 2004. They went 14-2 at home, with the highest attendance since an on-campus arena opened five years ago.

“This contract provides stability for this program and gives my staff and I the opportunity, through our recruiting efforts, to build upon the solid foundation we have in place,” Haith said. “We will continue our hard work in moving this program forward.”

Haith was an a.ssistant at Texas before coming to Miami, his first head coaching job. He’s 69-60 with the Hurricanes and 26-38 in the ACC.
 9 years ago '06        #3692
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
^^^^ two great posts

we bout to be MLB U !!!!!!!!!!!!

:rasta:
 9 years ago '06        #3693
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 P. Dedos said:

SOMEBODY HOOK YA BOY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and that new lamar miller article!!! :wow: :wow:
 9 years ago '04        #3694
booie4 
space
space
$4,880 | Props total: 609 609
Miami (FL) k!llian High School RB Lamar Miller is no stranger to UM's campus. He's attended spring practices and met with coaches. And he was at Greentree Practice Field as an observer for the recent Nike Camp. While there he hobnobbed with some Cane fans and said hello to some current Miami players who were watching on at the event.

"It's home to me," Miller said of UM. "I've been out here for practices. It's a good campus. The coaches are good - I've met with all the coaches."

Miller attended Miami's spring game and says that was the last time he spoke with Cane coaches.

"I talked to Randy Shannon," Miller said. "He asked how I liked the scrimmage. I told him it was good, that I liked how they used both their running backs, (Javarris) James and (Graig) Cooper, and that they did a good job.

"I talk with the running backs coach (Tommie Robinson) on the phone, have talked to coach (Michael) Barrow. Coach Robinson says he likes my speed and overall ability. I get along well with the (Miami) coaches."

Miller says his understanding is UM coaches want to take two running backs in this class.

"They said they're just waiting for me since they've got Bryce Brown," Miller said.

And Miller says he will "probably" announce a decision soon.

"I'm just waiting for my time, until my mom tells me I can commit," Miller said.

Mille says he's looking most closely at Miami, Rutgers, West Virginia and Texas.

"That's it, really," he said.

Why is he waiting for his mom to give her okay?

"She just said to take visits, don't commit so early," Miller said.

Miller has already taken unofficial visits to UCF and Florida as well as Miami.

And he says regardless of if he announces a commitment he will be taking official visits.

Would it be hard for Miller to leave town?

"It wouldn't be a tough thing - it's going to be where I fit in best," Miller said. "I'm looking at the graduation rate, how they use their running backs, who likes to get the ball to their playmakers and what formations they run."
 9 years ago '04        #3695
booie4 
space
space
Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School WR Rantavious Wooten attended the recent Miami Nike Camp.

And he says he received a Hurricane offer "a while ago."

The 5-foot-11, 165-pound speedster got his first peek at Miami's campus while at the camp.

"We got lost on the way down here after we got off 75," he said. "It's a nice campus.

"I'm interested in Miami for sure. And Florida, Florida State and West Virginia."

Wooten also attended UM's Spring Game.

"I talked to coaches there," he said. "I was watching the receivers, DB's. I liked it a lot. The first thing I noticed is they don't have a deep threat receiver, which I see myself as.

"At the game I spoke to the receiver coach (Aubrey Hill) and Bill Young. They were saying they want to get me down there, that I can play right away if I do what I have to do."

Wooten's school is traditionally a pipeline for the University of Florida.

And he says UF is certainly a big draw for him.

"Players go from my school there and I know some of my teammates that are there," he says.

Florida has yet to offer him, though.

Wooten plays quarterback and wide receiver in high school. As a junior he rushed for 604 yards and added 711 receiving yards with 14 total touchdowns.

So, bottom line, what kind of chance does Miami have here?

"A good chance," Wooten says.
 9 years ago '06        #3696
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
good looks mang
 9 years ago '04        #3697
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
lamar miller's a lock, the kid grew up with green and orange in his veins:applause:

we need to start goin after some corners, o-linemen and a tight end
 9 years ago '07        #3698
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,617 | Props total: 1 1
graig cooper 8 carries 91 yards 2 TD's in the spring game :applause:
 9 years ago '04        #3699
booie4 
space
space
Strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey looks back at last year and knows exactly what went wrong.

It wasn't that this team didn't try hard. It wasn't that they weren't working to reach their maximum in the weight room.

It was a simple problem: Depth.

Swasey points to that as a reason why a body type like Vegas Franklin, who should have been exclusively at defensive end, was also playing tackle. The depth problems showed up at linebacker and on the offensive side of the ball as well, with players going more reps than they would have in the past and a lack of numbers affecting overall performance.

The good news is Swasey now sees the depth normalizing, in part thanks to recruiting and an influx of nine early arrivals.

He also says a key is swapping a body type like the graduating Franklin's with a body type like Allen Bailey's - that helps lift the team's strength and agility numbers, and with enough new body types that translates onto the field.

"As far as depth, I don't think we had depth last year - now we have guys from last year back and we've created more depth," Swasey said. "This is the first time we had nine incoming freshmen, and we have over 30 (signees). The biggest thing beside body types is numbers. We're creating more numbers, and coach (Randy) Shannon is doing an unbelievable job at filling voids in that position of numbers. We've created more depth."

Swasey says he hasn't seen players dwell much on last year.

"The thing we're all focusing on, preaching, is deal with the now," he said. "We can't control the past. The focal point now is what we're dong to make ourselves better."

A big question after last season is whether this is a team moving in the right direction. And Swasey says he has no doubt that's the case.

"Oh, definitely," he said. "It's just a case of getting guys in here, creating depth which in turn creates competition. Without depth you can't have competition. This is really making the kids feel good, because they're competing in practice more and it's reality that another guy can take your spot. If you twist an ankle you can be in trouble."

FREAK SHOW

Every year Swasey picks a weight room freak. In the past he's named guys like Devin Hester and Richard Gordon. This year he's got a new freak.

"I think Allen Bailey stole that award (from Gordon)," Swasey says. "He's got size, agility. For him at defensive end, to be 280, 283 - he fluctuates [he weighed in at 286 pounds this week] - is up from 270 last year and still is lean. His body mass previously was at eight. His numbers are outstanding. He has a 550 squat (second-best on the team), 375 power clean (best on the team) and benches 380 (ninth-best). He's massive. He verticalled 38 inches (last year), so he's a powerful, explosive kid."

BY THE NUMBERS

The team has only done testing in the squat, power clean and bench press so far this year. Testing in the vertical, short shuttle and 40 won't take place until later on. The top performers:

SQUAT

1. Harland Gunn, 575
2. Allen Bailey, 550
3. Spencer Adkins, 545
4T. Javarris James, 535
4T. Darryl Sharpton, 535
6. Joel Figueroa, 520
7. Tyrone Byrd, 510
8T. Richard Gordon, 500
8T. Eric Moncur, 500
8T. Derron Thomas, 500
8T. Chris Zellner, 500

POWER CLEAN

1. Allen Bailey, 375
2. Reggie Youngblood, 340
3T. Spencer Adkins, 330
3T. Chris Zellner, 330
5. Harland Gunn, 328
6T. Javarris James, 318
6T. Khalil Jones, 318
6T. Joe Joseph, 318
6T. Matt Pipho, 318
10T. Glenn Cook, 308
10T. Dedrick Epps, 308
10T. Joel Figueroa, 308
10T. Jason Fox, 308
10T. Richard Gordon, 308
10T. Darryl Sharpton, 308

BENCH PRESS

1. Joel Figueroa, 425
2T. Spencer Adkins, 405
2T. Harland Gunn, 405
2T. Joe Joseph, 405
5T. Dwayne Hendricks, 390
5T. Chris Zellner, 390
7T. Luqmon Abdallah, 385
7T. Matt Pipho, 385
9. Allen Bailey, 380
10. AJ Trump, 375

* Note that Orlando Franklin and Colin McCarthy did not test due to injury.

COMPARATIVE STRENGTH

The team's average squat this year is 409.9 pounds, the average power clean is 271.5 pounds and the average bench is 308.9 pounds. That's not much different from last spring, when the average squat was 12 pounds more (421.5), the power clean was three pounds less (268.3) and the bench was 17 pounds less (291.7).

The averages the last time the Canes won a championship?

The squat was 411 pounds, the power clean was 279 and the bench was 320.

Swasey says he's happy with the team's performance so far.

"I'm overly impressed with the guys that we're really going to count on," he said. "As a team we're putting on size, trying to get stronger, bigger and faster. Each year you can't be big enough, fast enough and strong enough. As a strength coach you're never going to be satisfied. You can always continue to get stronger and faster. It's a constant battle."

WHO IS THE FASTEST?

Swasey expects a big battle in the 40 for who is the fastest Hurricane when he does testing in that event over the next month or two.

"DVD and Shawnbrey McNeal - I'm going to find out who the fastest is," Swasey said. "And Bruce Johnson will definitely compete for that award. You can't leave Sam Shields out, either. I'm kind of anxious to see what's going to go down. It's going to be something to see."

Shields took the title last year with a 4.26-second time.
 9 years ago '07        #3700
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Damn, Shields ran a 4.26?:wtf: That sh*t would be one of the best times for just the nfl combine
Home      

most viewed right now
Teanna Trump is finally free
204 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Shocking New Poll Shows A Vast Majority Of Trump Voters Live I..
70 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
107 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Forbes Reveals The Highest Paid Athletes of All-Time
94 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Future ROY Ben Simmons blocks his Sexy ass Sister on Twitter
108 comments
22 hours ago