Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick Spanish Milf Adult Film Star(You Saving Her?)
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside This J. Cole "4 Your Eyez Only" Fan Theory Is Going To Blow Your Mind
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 21 Savage Responds To 22 Savage
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Everything You Thought You Knew About #Dinosaurs is Wrong
15 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 02-18-2008, 02:53 PM         #3461
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cypress Bay MLB Shane Gordon says he's heard from the Canes and that "They say they're looking forward to recruiting me."

Miami won't be the only school after this 6-foot-0, 220-pound linebacker.

"I'm getting a lot of mail from Georgia, South Carolina, Florida Sate and Wisconsin - they say `We're interested in you,'" Gordon said.

Gordon says his coach, former Chaminade-Madonna coach Mark Guandolo, says that "I remind him of H.B. Blades."

Gordon had 11 sacks for his 11-1 team this past season despite missing several games with a back injury.

He lists one offer so far, from FIU.

"They offered a while ago," he said. "I was happy to get that offer – at least I know someone's out there wanting me."

Gordon grew up rooting for the Hurricanes and has gone to several games, including the final game at the Orange Bowl.

"Miami, that's my team," he said. "That final game, even though they lost, it was special because of everyone that came out there, the alumni."

Gordon says he will look at several factors when it comes time to choose a team, including the depth chart.

"I'll be looking at the depth chart because I want to play, that's the main thing," Gordon said.

He says of the recruiting process that "I'm ready for it. I just hope it doesn't get too hectic. I don't know how it will go yet."
 9 years ago '07        #3462
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
damn caneboi...props on all the info....seems like The U is officially back
 02-18-2008, 03:15 PM         #3463
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yezzir It Is..my Damn Canesport Subscription Is Bout To Run Out But Ima See If My Pops Can Rnew It Again..ill Still Keep Yall Boyz Updated
 9 years ago '04        #3464
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,690 | Props total: 474 474
good sh*t caneboi, i'll prop u when i can
 02-19-2008, 03:59 PM         #3465
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami has always been a home away from home for Fort Bend (TX) Hightower High School QB A.J. Highsmith.

He lived there briefly (from ages 11-13), and his father, Alonzo, played for the Canes from 1983-86. His mother attended the University of Miami, as did his uncles. His grandmother still works at UM – she's worked in the University of Miami book store for over two decades.

"Since he was born she's been sending him Miami stuff," Alonzo says.

"I have a street sign over my doorway to my room that says `Hurricane Alley,'" A.J. says. "I have a whole bunch of Miami equipment, sweatshirts and shirts. I have a Sean Taylor jersey hanging on my wall, No. 26."

Needless to say, it wasn't hard for A.J. to make a final decision once Miami called with a scholarship offer last week.

The Canes had sent coach Tommie Robinson to his school to do an initial evaluation last month, and that was followed by a visit from offensive coordinator Patrick Nix.

"Everyone looked at him, and they finally said `This kid's a good football player!" Alonzo said. "They'd been evaluating him, watching more film and everything. They were excited about him."

A.J. committed to coach Robinson yesterday.

"I just told him I wanted to be a Cane, that I wanted to be a Cane my whole life," the 6-foot-1, 180-pounder said. "This is a great opportunity to be on the team. That's all I wanted as long as I've been playing football is to go to Miami."

Highsmith, whose first name is short for Alonzo Jr., threw for 2,400 yards with 22 touchdowns and 11 interceptions last season. He also had five rushing scores.

As a sophomore he passed for 2,300 yards with 21 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also had four more touchdowns rushing.

He became a starter for the final three games of his freshman season.

"I would compare him to a Drew Brees with running ability," Alonzo says.

A.J. says he's "a real student of the game. I study a lot of tape."

Highsmith pulled in one other offer, from Boston College. He says it doesn't matter if every college in the country offers down the road – he's going to Miami.

"I'm committed to Miami and it's not going to change," he says.

Highsmith has a 3.5 grade-point average, and he's working to graduate early so he can arrive at UM in January.

"I've been talking to my counselor about it," Highsmith said. "It's highly likely I do that. I want to play spring football early."

Highsmith expects to begin his college career at quarterback, but he could wind up as a defensive back if that doesn't pan out. He played safety leading up to high school.

"It doesn't matter what I play; I just want to play football," Highsmith said. "If they think I fit in somewhere else other than quarterback, I'll play that. They told me they'll start me off at quarterback, but if they see something that changes later on they'll make the change then."

Highsmith's goals as a Cane?

"I want to get the program back to where it was when they were No. 1, get them back to the top," Highsmith said.

* Highsmith is friendly with former Hightower High player and current Cane OL Tyrone Byrd.

"He tells me it's a great place and it's where I should want to be," Highsmith said.

YEA BOYZ WE BAK!!!
 9 years ago '06        #3466
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
Good news is what I like to see. The Empire Strikes Back.
 9 years ago '04        #3467
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Spring battles looming at UM
Posted on Wed, Feb. 20, 2008Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By BARRY JACKSON

Quarterback will command lots of attention when UM begins spring practice next week (Robert Marve is the front-runner over Jacory Harris and Cannon Smith). Chatter on some of the other position battles:

Receiver: There's great anticipation about Aldarius Johnson and Jermaine McKenzie, two especially intriguing talents at a crowded position that includes Sam Shields, Leonard Hankerson (now bigger and stronger), Kayne Farquharson, Ryan Hill (Randy Shannon said he prefers not to move him back to cornerback) and Khalil Jones. Six more receivers arrive this summer. UM folks rave about Johnson -- the only incoming receiver already enrolled -- and analysts expect an Andre Johnson-type impact eventually. Some UM football staffers thought McKenzie and Marve were their best 2007 recruits before a July car crash resulted in them red-shirting. Shields was disciplined for academic issues last year and knows additional missteps won't be tolerated.

Running back: The expectation internally is that UM will continue rotating Javarris James (who must improve his 3.7 yard per-carry average) with Graig Cooper (5.5). Shawnbrey McNeal, Derron Thomas and perhaps Lee Chambers also would get opportunities. ''Javarris was hurting [neck injury] last year, but it's hard to tell him not to play,'' said his cousin, NFL star Edgerrin James. ''He was trying to be a warrior. He wants to outdo me. I like that.'' New fullback Patrick Hill, a punishing blocker, is already on campus.

Offensive line: a.ssistant Jeff Stoutland will rotate first-team snaps at center among FIU transfer Xavier Shannon (Randy's son), Matt Pipho and Tyler Horn. (Shannon is considered the favorite.) Orlando Franklin (out injured) and Joel Figueroa are likely starting guards. Jason Fox is set at left tackle. Reggie Youngblood and Chris Rutledge battle at right tackle.

Defensive line: UM expects Marcus Forston and Micanor Regis to play as freshmen. a.ssistant Clint Hurtt said the other incoming tackle, Jeremy Lewis, ''has upside through the roof.'' (Forston already has enrolled.) Still, one or both starting tackles figure to emerge from Antonio Dixon (320 pounds; entered UM at 368), Josh Holmes and Dwayne Hendricks -- if healthy. Eric Moncur has one defensive end spot. The battle to replace Calais Campbell includes Courtney Harris (out injured), Adewale Ojomo (Hurtt raves about him) and ex-linebacker Allen Bailey (''He has to be on the field,'' Hurtt said. ``His physical ability is unbelievable.'')

Secondary: a.ssistant Wesley McGriff said Brandon Harris -- who arrives in June -- has ''the talent to come in and be a starter'' as a freshman, and an August cornerback battle looms among incumbent Bruce Johnson (good chance to start), Harris, DeMarcus Van Dyke (bulked up), Carlos Armour and Chavez Grant (better at nickel-back). McGriff expects a safety battle among Anthony Redd*ck (back from a knee injury), Randy Phillips (''he's going to be an All-ACC safety if he can be coached up,'' McGriff said) and Lovon Ponder, with Joseph Nicolas, Damien Berry, Jared Campbell and as many as four summer arrivals pushing them.

Linebacker: UM's optimistic about getting '07 medical redshirts for Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis to allow them to play in '08. Shannon loves Cook's intelligence, and he could start in the middle. UM is eager to see those two, incumbent starter Colin McCarthy (who is out with a shoulder injury), Darryl Sharpton and inconsistent Spencer Adkins battle eight incoming freshmen -- two of whom (Arthur Brown and Sean Spence) are at UM and expected to play next season.

UM is excited about defensive coordinator Bill Young, who's not available to media. The spring game is March 29 at Lockhart Stadium.
 9 years ago '06        #3468
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,716 | Props total: 12263 12263
wowwww caneboi and caneboi

u keep this up and u gonna be like the old rakim who started this thread

that article on the 5 star reciever that boi is the truth!!!!!

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

championships here we come just give us some time

:rasta:
 02-20-2008, 03:49 PM         #3469
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PROPS P.DEDOS..JUS TRYNA DO MY THANG..

Miami k!llian High School OT Giancarlo Revilla is getting recruiting mail from programs like South Carolina, Auburn, Kansas State and USF.

So far he's received one letter from UM: A questionnaire.

But there's no question he's interested in the Canes.

"Miami's definitely my top school, that's the place I want to go," Rivilla said. "But I'll check out other places to get a broader view."

He says Georgia Tech and Auburn are programs he plans on taking a close look at along with Miami.

The 6-foot-3, 276-pounder has played offensive line since his freshman year, and this year he'll also play defensive tackle in short yardage situations.

"For his size he's very athletic," k!llian High coach Steve Smith said. "He runs well. He's a tough, aggressive kid."

Revilla says of Miami that "I grew up watching them play. It's a place I really want to be at right now. I always watched them on TV, see that they have family ties with each other. It feels really close there."

He's visited UM unofficially, meeting with coach Patrick Nix and talking with players.

"Coach Nix was just talking about the program, what they expect at the next level as far as academics, said that as an athlete you have to be prepared academically," Revilla said. "I've gone on a tour at UM, and one of my coaches said Miami is interested in me, wants to know more about me. But I haven't gotten anything personal yet from them."
 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM         #3470
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PROPS P.DEDOS...JUST TRYNA KEEP MY CANES INFORMED..

It has to be Marve for 2008

> Posted by Shandel_Richardson at 11:39:38 AM
With six days remaining until spring practice, the hottest discussion topic is the quarterback competition between Robert Marve, Jacory Harris and Cannon Smith.

I just have one thing to say about that notion: Puh-leeeze!!!!

Don't get caught up in all the hype about this being a competition. It's only a competition only in name. Marve is the clear favorite. He will silently enter and leave the spring as the starter. Of course, coach Randy Shannon has said the right things. He calls it even, and says Harris and Smith have chances. This is what he is supposed to say. It creates excitement and interest from fans and within the team. There is a buzz.

Shannon probably won't reveal his decision until sometime during preseason drills in August. There's a 99.9 percent chance Marve is chosen. This is not a knock against Harris or Smith. Both are solid players. Harris may compete for the job in 2009, and will likely be awaiting if Marve slips up this season. It's just too early to think he or Smith can step in and lead the UM offense. Marve has a year of experience, even though it all came in practice on the scout team. Yes, the UM defense was really bad last season, but sparring sessions against it was better than the competition Harris and Smith faced.

With that said, in the spirit of those ever funny Chuck Norris jokes, here are a few reasons Robert Marve is a slam dunk (sorry for the basketball reference, but this just shows I'm more interested in Frank Haith's attempt at an NCAA bid than spring football) to be your starting quarterback this fall:

-When a rollout pass is called in the huddle, Robert Marve takes the snap, falls to the ground and begins to roll to the right just to make things fair.

-On Valentine's Day, Robert Marve received a phone call from someone thanking him for the dating advice. On the other end of the phone was Tom Brady.

-Because of its negative connotation, Robert Marve refuses to say he throws "touchdowns." He calls them "touch-ups."

-Like most college students, Robert Marve has a summer job. He serves as Kimbo Slice's bodyguard, armed with a football and first-down marker.

-Brett Favre is officially in the process of changing the spelling of his last name to "Farve" so he can become closer to being like Robert Marve.

-When coach Randy Shannon tells the players to fly around more in practice, Robert Marve transforms into Starscream.

-Robert Marve actually grew up playing hockey, but was banned from all youth leagues because his fiery intensity kept melting the ice.

-Robert Marve doesn't wear cleats. His feet simply grow fangs.

-The only time Robert Marve had a nightmare was when he stayed up all night watching Kirby Freeman and Kyle Wright highlight videos.

And lastly ...

-The blogs you all thought that were written by Omar Kelly the last few years were actually done by Robert Marve.
 02-20-2008, 03:56 PM         #3471
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami k!llian High School OT Giancarlo Revilla is getting recruiting mail from programs like South Carolina, Auburn, Kansas State and USF.

So far he's received one letter from UM: A questionnaire.

But there's no question he's interested in the Canes.

"Miami's definitely my top school, that's the place I want to go," Rivilla said. "But I'll check out other places to get a broader view."

He says Georgia Tech and Auburn are programs he plans on taking a close look at along with Miami.

The 6-foot-3, 276-pounder has played offensive line since his freshman year, and this year he'll also play defensive tackle in short yardage situations.

"For his size he's very athletic," k!llian High coach Steve Smith said. "He runs well. He's a tough, aggressive kid."

Revilla says of Miami that "I grew up watching them play. It's a place I really want to be at right now. I always watched them on TV, see that they have family ties with each other. It feels really close there."

He's visited UM unofficially, meeting with coach Patrick Nix and talking with players.

"Coach Nix was just talking about the program, what they expect at the next level as far as academics, said that as an athlete you have to be prepared academically," Revilla said. "I've gone on a tour at UM, and one of my coaches said Miami is interested in me, wants to know more about me. But I haven't gotten anything personal yet from them."
 9 years ago '04        #3472
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
ebruary 21, 2008

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

There are only four tight ends/H-backs on the roster - Dedrick Epps, Richard Gordon, Chris Zellner and newcomer John Calhoun, who was lightly recruited out of high school and has never played the H-back position before (Calhoun graduated high school early, arriving at UM in January).

Gordon is the best hope for a big-time player here, as he is off the charts with his size, speed and athleticism. He also can catch the ball, but he had a very minor impact last year despite starting three games (he had just one reception). The good news is that he has improved his blocking tremendously, and that alone should get him on the field a lot this year.

Epps had eight catches for 83 yards last year, including his memorable game-winner against Florida State. Coaches say they think he can become a great player, but he has yet to prove himself on the field.

Zellner is serviceable as an H-back but doesn't present a big mismatch for opposing linebackers or safeties.

Calhoun will work this spring to pick up the offense, but he is a longshot to pass the three more veteran players on the depth chart.

A big lingering question at this position is just how much Nix wants to use them. The tight ends disappeared from the offense in numerous games last season, and with a lot of talented receivers coming this fall it's possible coaches will opt to go to more multi-receiver sets. It will all depend on if there is a player who emerges here that can present a big-time mismatch for defenses. If that doesn't happen this position will be unproductive again as it was a year ago.
 9 years ago '04        #3473
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
February 21, 2008

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Mulvane (KS) High School LB/RB Huldon Tharp knows plenty about the University of Miami.

That's because he's worked out with fellow Kansas stars Arthur Brown, who is now a freshman at UM, and Bryce Brown.

"I talk to Arthur, and he told me all about it there," Tharp said. "He said he likes it a lot, that all the coaches are really cool. I've talked to coach (Michael) Barrow also. He's a really cool guy. We just talked about the plan he has for me playing outside linebacker."

Tharp received a Cane offer last month. His only other offer so far is from Kansas.

"Definitly I was surprised at the Miami offer because it's so far away," Tharp said. "My personal trainer who trains Arthur and Bryce also told me I should be able to get a scholarship from anywhere in the country. I was hoping to get a scholarship of that caliber."

Tharp says he expects to be a linebacker in college.

He played both ways last year and had 1,900 rushing yards with 25 touchdowns. On defense he finished with 153 tackles, four sacks and two fumble recoveries.

Where does Miami fit into his recruiting picture right now?

"I don't have any preference to any school right now," Tharp said. "They're as high up as any other school right now."

Tharp says other schools he has a high interest level in are Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri.

What does he want in a college?

"Definitely good academics," Tharp said. "That's the main thing. I want a smaller school like a Miami."

Tharp says he doesn't plan on making a decision until after his senior season.
 02-21-2008, 06:36 PM         #3474
CANEBOI11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Bryce Brown said he's had a feeling for about a month now that a decision could come sooner rather than later. And today sooner came.

Bryce Brown has committed to Miami.
The 6-foot, 212-pound five-star running back from Wichita (Kan.) East said he called Randy Shannon and let him know that he was committing to the Hurricanes.

"I just want to let it out that I committed to Miami," Brown told Rivals.com exclusively just moments ago. "The first thing about it, is that I've been feeling Miami spiritually for the past few weeks. God was telling me that this was the best decision for me, and everybody in my family was comfortable with it.

"I've been feeling this for a month now, and I think it's a really good fit. It's the right decision for me."

It's also the right time.

Brown said he watched his brother go through the hectic recruiting process, and he admitted making a decision early could reduce the amount of calls from coaches, reporters and questions about where he will be playing his college football at in the future.

"Honestly, I wasn't in a rush, it was more of a spiritual thing, but this hopefully will keep it from being too crazy," Brown said.

"They had a great recruiting class in 2008. I can see Miami getting back where it used to be at. There's also going to be a lot of opportunities for me. I know they're recruiting some other great running backs, and I think this will help them go out and get even more good ones. It's going to be a great class, and it's something I want to be a part of."

Brown said he told Shannon about his decision, and the coach was definitely excited. Brown, along with mentor Brian Butler, did tell Shannon, though, that he will take other official visits to schools to make sure he made the right decision.

"We did communicate to coach Shannon that he was going to take all five visits," Butler said. "And there will be no surprises for coach Shannon on that. But obviously he feels 100 percent comfortable there at Miami."

Brown said he can't see himself anywhere but Miami – the same school that just signed his brother, five-star linebacker Arthur Brown – but he will check out several schools this summer and then on official visits to make sure.

"Some of the other schools, like Ohio State, West Virginia and others, I haven't seen," Brown said.

"They might very well be a school that has something for me also, but I'm confident in my decision to commit to Miami."

Brown is ranked as the nation's No. 10 player in the class of 2009. The two-time all-state selection was recently named a member of the Rivals.com Junior All-American Team.

Rivals.com recruiting analyst Barry Every says Miami is getting a good one with Brown.

"This is an unbelievable pickup for the Hurricanes," Every said. "They're really getting after it. I think Bryce is going to be a great college running back. I think there's a chance he's the type of back that doesn't need a fullback and can succeed in a one-back system.

"He has the size and power that will wear down defenses by the fourth quarter. He's a workhorse."
 9 years ago '04        #3475
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
bryce brown, lamar miller, graig cooper = best running back attack in the nation:wow:

and we're probably gonna get jakari gore, frank's cousin

we on the way back!!:applause:
 9 years ago '05        #3476
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
Thats a good birthday present for me.

Last edited by dipset kid0221; 02-21-2008 at 07:30 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #3477
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
damn talk about wasting no time
 9 years ago '04        #3478
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,029 | Props total: 2228 2228
I like that Bryce went and got it over with so he doesn't play other schools, although he is taking visits but I would too. If y'all get him and Lamar Miller I'll puke. I'm praying our RB's step up this year so we can land some high quality backs in the future, I think with Moody and Mon Williams our RB spot will be damn good next year.
 9 years ago '04        #3479
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
brown is gonna help bring in other recruits like jordan futch did:applause:

we need some o-line help and some corners, go get em bryce!
 9 years ago '04        #3480
YoDoods 22 heat pts22
space
space
$8,742 | Props total: 445 445
YEah this was big news around here today on all the sports shows.

First thing I thought was yeah no sh*t he already said he was following his brother you all are talking like hes going to FSU instead
Home      

most viewed right now
Would You Put A Ring On It Even After Her Past?
18 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Maliah can get it boy damn
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
176 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
139 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Kobe A.D. ID (my colorway) Your thoughts......
22 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
167 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ye hopped on the blonde hair wave
145 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy