Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Eminem getting destroyed on Twitter for terrible SNL performance last night
88 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Y’all remember Chyna Whyte?
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nov 19 - Arabs in Libya enslaving Africans and selling them to Arab countries
58 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Tracee Eliss ROSS American music awards ass!
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 05-15-2008, 03:54 PM         #3461
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cory White out of Jacksonville signed. Gonna be a TE
 10 years ago '04        #3462
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,966 | Props total: 2766 2766
Hurricanes blow away Tar Heels, take ACC crown

CORAL GABLES - North Carolina pitcher Alex White had only allowed two home runs all season.

By the fourth inning Thursday, the University of Miami matched that total.

By game's end, the Hurricanes were celebrating the Atlantic Coast Conference regular season title.

UM showcased its powerful hitting and the pitching of Chris Hernandez to capture a 12-2 victory at Mark Light Field in front of 3,250 fans. The win and Florida State's loss to North Carolina State wrapped up the league championship and the No. 1 seed in next week's ACC tournament in Jacksonville.

"Our guys played well," UM coach Jim Morris said. "White is an outstanding pitcher. He's put up great numbers. He's got really good stuff. To score the numbers of runs, that was big for us."

The first game of this series, a matchup of the nation's top two teams, was hardly the prize-f!ght expected. This was more like a contender in a sparring session.

The second-ranked Tar Heels grabbed an early lead, but it was all the No. 1 Hurricanes (43-6, 23-3 in ACC) from there.

After falling behind 1-0 in the first inning, UM gained control in third on one swing by first baseman Yonder Alonso. He hit a grand slam off White and sparked the Hurricanes for the second time this week.

It was Alonso who hit a homer Tuesday to wake up the team and help it avoid an upset bid against North Florida. He has 17 this season.

"The whole momentum [changed]," Alonso said. "We were losing 1-0 at that point. Coach said, 'Come on guys, we've got to get something going.' The guys at the bottom of the order, they did a good job. They walked, they battled. When it was my turn, I tried to put a big piece on it."

UNC (43-10, 20-7) came right back with a run in the fourth on an RBI single by Tim Federowicz that made it 4-2.

The momentum was short-lived as the Hurricanes showed their lineup depth when Dave DiNatale hit a two-run homer.

UM then broke it completely open with a six-run seventh in which it forced the Tar Heels to use three pitchers.

The 12 runs were more than enough cushion for Hernandez.

Even though he's just a freshman, Hernandez continued to show why he's one of the nation's top young pitchers. He allowed just six hits and two runs with seven strikeouts.

Hernandez never faced any real threats after the fourth inning, improving to 10-0.

"I'm feeling more comfortable out there," Hernandez said. "I'm not nervous out there.

"I just looked at this as another game. I don't try to keep up with those [rankings], because if you do, that's when you start getting nervous about games and I don't want to do that."

shout out to the muthafu*kin baseball team, they doin the damn thang:applause:

like dedos says, we already NFL U and now we about to be MLB U!!:rasta:
 10 years ago '05        #3463
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
baseball been doing it for a while...funny i ran into my boy whose a um pitcher and we were getting drunk as fuuuuck at the grove last night
 05-18-2008, 04:12 PM         #3464
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Monroeville (PA) Gateway High School athlete Corey Brown is up to 32 scholarship offers.

And he says he's strongly considering Miami.

"I talk to coach (Aubrey) Hill a lot," Brown said. "We talk about getting me down there. I'll probably go to visit this summer or on an official visit.

"I know a lot about Miami. I talked to some people that went there. They say it's a nice school, that there's a lot of history."

Brown is being recruited as a cornerback/wide receiver.

Last year he had 24 receptions for over 500 yards, adding five interceptions, 10 passes broken up and 54 tackles on defense.

He says he has no frontrunners right now.

Of where UM fits in, he simply says, "They're up there."

"I definitely want to go there and see it," he adds.

Brown has already taken unofficial visits to several other schools – Michigan, Ohio State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Maryland and West Virginia.

He says those visits haven't helped him narrow things down yet.

Asked when he'd like to make a final decision, he says, "I don't have a clue yet."

And he says things are getting hectic for him.

"All these coaches want me to call them every night and stuff," Brown said. "They're always telling my coach to tell me to call them - they can't call me (per NCAA rules), so I have to call them."
 10 years ago '08        #3465
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,541 | Props total: 1919 1919
 CANEBOI11 said:
Monroeville (PA) Gateway High School athlete Corey Brown is up to 32 scholarship offers.

And he says he's strongly considering Miami.

"I talk to coach (Aubrey) Hill a lot," Brown said. "We talk about getting me down there. I'll probably go to visit this summer or on an official visit.

"I know a lot about Miami. I talked to some people that went there. They say it's a nice school, that there's a lot of history."

Brown is being recruited as a cornerback/wide receiver.

Last year he had 24 receptions for over 500 yards, adding five interceptions, 10 passes broken up and 54 tackles on defense.

He says he has no frontrunners right now.

Of where UM fits in, he simply says, "They're up there."

"I definitely want to go there and see it," he adds.

Brown has already taken unofficial visits to several other schools – Michigan, Ohio State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Penn State, Maryland and West Virginia.

He says those visits haven't helped him narrow things down yet.

Asked when he'd like to make a final decision, he says, "I don't have a clue yet."

And he says things are getting hectic for him.

"All these coaches want me to call them every night and stuff," Brown said. "They're always telling my coach to tell me to call them - they can't call me (per NCAA rules), so I have to call them."
Don`t even waste your time, every kis from that area goes to either Pitt or OSU......By the way, your sig with the Forston quote is the realest sh*t I`ve seen on bx.......
 10 years ago '08        #3466
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,541 | Props total: 1919 1919
 P. Dedos said:
fortson owned those clowns trying to use the sean taylor situation against us.. they bleed green and orange out here mang they aint gonna stop us!!!

:rasta:
And that is exactly why I don`t respect Florida..... What kinda n*gga would use some sh*t like that to sway a recruite?They gets no love for that foul tactic...
 10 years ago '04        #3467
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 904Nole said:
And that is exactly why I don`t respect Florida..... What kinda n*gga would use some sh*t like that to sway a recruite?They gets no love for that foul tactic...
it wasnt only florida, a number of other schools tried to use the sean taylor incident against us.

negative recruiting happens at every school, like i'm sure some schools are using the FSU cheating scandal against yall.
 10 years ago '04        #3468
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 904Nole said:
Don`t even waste your time, every kis from that area goes to either Pitt or OSU......
hill knows some of those east coast kids personally from when he coached at pitt, he's definately got some connections up there.
 10 years ago '04        #3469
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,251 | Props total: 11163 11163
 madness said:
it wasnt only florida, a number of other schools tried to use the sean taylor incident against us.

negative recruiting happens at every school, like i'm sure some schools are using the FSU cheating scandal against yall.
True, every school negatively recruits against each other, especially our in-state schools. It's not as if FSU or Miami don't do the sh*t just as bad and you're a clown if you think otherwise. I don't even get offended off the sh*t no more, it's to be expected. Like telling RBs they won't ever touch the ball at Florida. Anybody with a brain knows that ain't true but they still tell these dumbass kids this type of sh*t all the time and lots of them fall for it. No way to get around it. They should be thinking hey I could come in and actually make an impact at UF running the ball taking some of the load off of Tebow but a lot of kids are dumb.
 10 years ago '05        #3470
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 904Nole said:
Don`t even waste your time, every kis from that area goes to either Pitt or OSU......
Corey Brown is down to OSU and Michigan for all intensive purposes. Recent articles have stated Michgian leads but I do not believe that for a couple reasons.

#1) He grew up liking OSU.

#2) As soon as we offered he informed a few of our recruits he intends on being a Buckeye.

#3) His teammate, 5* LB Bell, is already commited to us.
 10 years ago '07        #3471
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Rising junior Todd Chandler (right) anchors the defensive line for reigning No. 1 Miami Northwestern.

MIAMI -- Tyresse Jones, the sinewy running back from Miami Northwestern High, was pondering his future Friday.

He was concerned for the dearth of college interest when coach Billy Rolle emerged from the office.

"Here you go," said Rolle, tossing a bundle of mail with nearly 50 college pitch letters and offers. "Now you have choices, Tyresse."

With that the torch was passed.

Jones felt like a hot prospect, knowing he'll have multiple college choices.

"It feels good," said Jones, while smiling. "I didn't know where I stood (with colleges)."

He does now and it hammers home the obvious: At talent-rich Miami Northwestern, the Bulls never rebuild, they reload, as several players are on the wish list of most BCS schools.

Jones, a rising senior, is one of eight returning starters for the Bulls, who finished top-ranked in the ESPN HIGH Elite 25 football rankings in 2007. He rushed for 527 yards and six touchdowns, but will have an expanded role when the season kicks off on Sept. 5 against Carol City (Opa-Locka).

The spring practice sessions -- Florida schools are allowed 15 in May -- came at an opportune time for the Bulls.

The first week was capped Friday amidst steamy, hot temperatures with a controlled 30-play scrimmage. This was the first live action since Dec. 15 when the Bulls trounced Boone (Orlando) 41-0 to win their second straight Class 6A state championship and fourth overall since 1995.

"It's back to work," Rolle said. "We'll emphasize the fundamentals like blocking and tackling. Time to knock the rust off and brush up on a few things; we have two more weeks after this."

Excuse Rolle if he laments the graduation of 18 seniors who signed with colleges, including eight with the University of Miami.

Instead he wrings his hands as the 2008 season kicked off this week.

Northwestern concludes the spring with a jamboree game against North Miami Beach on May 30 at Traz Powell Stadium.

"It's time for us to step up," said Jones, an ESPN 150 Watch List player. "There are doubters out there expecting us to lose this year because lost so many seniors. But that's not the way we look at it; we have a lot of young, hungry players all competing for positions."

Jones and Daquan Hargrett, who ran for eight TDs and a team-leading 605 yards on 82 carries in 2007, form a diminutive one-two running punch while Wayne Times (5-10, 170 pounds) will be the quarterback, solidifying the backfield. Center Shavin Wright is the lone returning starter along the offensive line.

"We have three solid running backs and three others were reassigned new positions just to get them on the field," Rolle said. "Players come into the spring trying out for any position but the coaches will make the final call."

Expect Times, a triple threat, to bring a new dimension to the Bulls. Jacory Harris, a 6-4 quarterback who enrolled at Miami in January, was pass-oriented, throwing for 3,445 yards and 49 TDs in 2007.

"Times is an athlete," Rolle said. "We'll do some different things this year, mainly establishing the run."

Northwestern, which completed a wire-to-wire finish atop the Elite 25 rankings, recorded its second straight 15-0 season, winning the nation's most difficult high school football tournament. The Bulls enter the season carrying a 30-game win streak, the longest current streak in Florida. The Greater Miami Athletic Conference features powers such as Miami Central, Booker T. Washington and Miami Southridge.

Last season, Rolle (112-29 record in 10 years) inherited a loaded squad with 26 returning seniors in July and knew better than to tinker with it. He won his third Class 6A state championship in his second stint with the Bulls. Rolle previously won a 6A title with Northwestern in 1998 and his second with k!llian (Miami) in 2004.

Rolle righted the ship when the entire Northwestern coaching staff was let go in the aftermath of a s3x scandal involving a former player and underage female student.

Instead of wilting, the Bulls pulled together, combining a quick-strike offense and stingy defense which had five shutouts.

The 4-3, ball-hawking defense is bolstered by cornerback Khalid Marshall (5-9, 165), nose tackle Todd Chandler (6-0, 280), safety Tevin McKaskill (6-2, 180) and end Wade Tolbert (6-2, 230). McKaskill is on the ESPN 150 Watch List.

Talent and depth are hallmarks for the Bulls.

"We always have the players but the spring is like a stepping stone," said Chandler, who favors Miami and Florida from a slew of suitors. "We ultimately want to win another state championship. This is the first step."

Rising junior Corvin Lamb, a converted slot back, is learning the position and already receiving recruiting correspondence. Lamb, who ran a 4.31 40-yard dash at the Underclassman Camp in February in Boca Raton, recently flashed that speed at the Class 4A state track meet.

Lamb, along with three football players, teamed to win the 4x400 meter relay. He took second in the 400 (47.96 seconds) and sixth in the 200 (21.97). Jones and Hargrett were two of the four legs on the third-place 4x100 relay.

"The bar is set high every year," said Corvin, who rushed for 338 yards and four scores as a sophomore. "It's our job to (during spring practice) to get them ready for the season and winning another title. That's what we expect around here."

10 years ago '04        #3472
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
UM track has top finishes

University of Miami sprinter Tim Harris and hurdler Cory Nelms won their events in career-best times at the Georgia Tech Invitational on Saturday in Atlanta.

Harris, a four-time All-American, lowered his top collegiate time in the 800-meters by finishing first in 1 minute, 47.12 seconds. Patrick O'Donnell also ran in the event, finishing at 1:53.62.

Harris has won all three 800-meter races he has competed in this season, including his third outdoor and sixth overall Atlantic Coast Conference title.

Nelms ran a personal best (14.23) in the final of the 110-meter hurdles, winning the event with his eighth regional qualifying time of the season.

The 400-meter relay team of DeMarcus Van Dyke, Bruce Johnson, Khalil Jones and Shawnbrey McNeal missed the regional qualifying mark by one one-hundredth of a second, with their second-place finish in 40.67.

The lone field participant, Elan Daviglus, hit his season-best height in the high jump with a mark of 2.05 meters.

Harris and Nelms will be joined by Les Bradley II (110 hurdles) as the men's representatives in the NCAA Regional Championships in Tallahassee from May 30-31.
 05-19-2008, 02:07 PM         #3473
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
McNeal will be a problem if they get him the rock.. Kids unreal.
 05-19-2008, 02:11 PM         #3474
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rising junior Todd Chandler (right) anchors the defensive line for reigning No. 1 Miami Northwestern.

MIAMI -- Tyresse Jones, the sinewy running back from Miami Northwestern High, was pondering his future Friday.

He was concerned for the dearth of college interest when coach Billy Rolle emerged from the office.

"Here you go," said Rolle, tossing a bundle of mail with nearly 50 college pitch letters and offers. "Now you have choices, Tyresse."

With that the torch was passed.

Jones felt like a hot prospect, knowing he'll have multiple college choices.

"It feels good," said Jones, while smiling. "I didn't know where I stood (with colleges)."

He does now and it hammers home the obvious: At talent-rich Miami Northwestern, the Bulls never rebuild, they reload, as several players are on the wish list of most BCS schools.

Jones, a rising senior, is one of eight returning starters for the Bulls, who finished top-ranked in the ESPN HIGH Elite 25 football rankings in 2007. He rushed for 527 yards and six touchdowns, but will have an expanded role when the season kicks off on Sept. 5 against Carol City (Opa-Locka).

The spring practice sessions -- Florida schools are allowed 15 in May -- came at an opportune time for the Bulls.

The first week was capped Friday amidst steamy, hot temperatures with a controlled 30-play scrimmage. This was the first live action since Dec. 15 when the Bulls trounced Boone (Orlando) 41-0 to win their second straight Class 6A state championship and fourth overall since 1995.

"It's back to work," Rolle said. "We'll emphasize the fundamentals like blocking and tackling. Time to knock the rust off and brush up on a few things; we have two more weeks after this."

Excuse Rolle if he laments the graduation of 18 seniors who signed with colleges, including eight with the University of Miami.

Instead he wrings his hands as the 2008 season kicked off this week.

Northwestern concludes the spring with a jamboree game against North Miami Beach on May 30 at Traz Powell Stadium.

"It's time for us to step up," said Jones, an ESPN 150 Watch List player. "There are doubters out there expecting us to lose this year because lost so many seniors. But that's not the way we look at it; we have a lot of young, hungry players all competing for positions."

Jones and Daquan Hargrett, who ran for eight TDs and a team-leading 605 yards on 82 carries in 2007, form a diminutive one-two running punch while Wayne Times (5-10, 170 pounds) will be the quarterback, solidifying the backfield. Center Shavin Wright is the lone returning starter along the offensive line.

"We have three solid running backs and three others were reassigned new positions just to get them on the field," Rolle said. "Players come into the spring trying out for any position but the coaches will make the final call."

Expect Times, a triple threat, to bring a new dimension to the Bulls. Jacory Harris, a 6-4 quarterback who enrolled at Miami in January, was pass-oriented, throwing for 3,445 yards and 49 TDs in 2007.

"Times is an athlete," Rolle said. "We'll do some different things this year, mainly establishing the run."

Northwestern, which completed a wire-to-wire finish atop the Elite 25 rankings, recorded its second straight 15-0 season, winning the nation's most difficult high school football tournament. The Bulls enter the season carrying a 30-game win streak, the longest current streak in Florida. The Greater Miami Athletic Conference features powers such as Miami Central, Booker T. Washington and Miami Southridge.

Last season, Rolle (112-29 record in 10 years) inherited a loaded squad with 26 returning seniors in July and knew better than to tinker with it. He won his third Class 6A state championship in his second stint with the Bulls. Rolle previously won a 6A title with Northwestern in 1998 and his second with k!llian (Miami) in 2004.

Rolle righted the ship when the entire Northwestern coaching staff was let go in the aftermath of a s3x scandal involving a former player and underage female student.

Instead of wilting, the Bulls pulled together, combining a quick-strike offense and stingy defense which had five shutouts.

The 4-3, ball-hawking defense is bolstered by cornerback Khalid Marshall (5-9, 165), nose tackle Todd Chandler (6-0, 280), safety Tevin McKaskill (6-2, 180) and end Wade Tolbert (6-2, 230). McKaskill is on the ESPN 150 Watch List.

Talent and depth are hallmarks for the Bulls.

"We always have the players but the spring is like a stepping stone," said Chandler, who favors Miami and Florida from a slew of suitors. "We ultimately want to win another state championship. This is the first step."

Rising junior Corvin Lamb, a converted slot back, is learning the position and already receiving recruiting correspondence. Lamb, who ran a 4.31 40-yard dash at the Underclassman Camp in February in Boca Raton, recently flashed that speed at the Class 4A state track meet.

Lamb, along with three football players, teamed to win the 4x400 meter relay. He took second in the 400 (47.96 seconds) and sixth in the 200 (21.97). Jones and Hargrett were two of the four legs on the third-place 4x100 relay.

"The bar is set high every year," said Corvin, who rushed for 338 yards and four scores as a sophomore. "It's our job to (during spring practice) to get them ready for the season and winning another title. That's what we expect around here."
 05-19-2008, 02:19 PM         #3475
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Northwestern WR Aldarius Johnson #2

Miami Northwestern (#5 Tommy Streeter)

Miami Northwestern (#1 Kendal Thompkins)

Miami Northwestern LB Sean Spence

Marcus Forston #99 of Miami Northwestern

There all like 7 or 8 mins. Pretty good stuff if you didn't get to watch them
 10 years ago '04        #3476
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
northwestern's fixin to dominate dade county again. even though they lost a sh*tload of talent, theyve got some amazing prospects.

forston reminds me of warren sapp when he was at the U:wow:

Last edited by madness; 05-19-2008 at 02:26 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #3477
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
just our fu*king luck man

allen bailey tore his pectoral muscle yesterday

Swasey!!!!!!!!!!
fu*k man how long is he out for
 9 years ago '04        #3478
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
people saying from 2-3 months to week 3 of the season

he gets surgery tommorow

how the fu*k do you get injured doing dumb bell work outs.. ima fu*k swazey up when i see him
fu*k that blows, especially with the lack of depth on the line...hope he fully recovers
 9 years ago '04        #3479
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,251 | Props total: 11163 11163
Damn that's too bad about Bailey, that's some sh*tty luck.

Anybody have any idea just how bad it is? I doubt he'll be back that quickly from this kind of injury, torn pec muscles really, really fu*k you up.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 05-20-2008 at 11:40 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #3480
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
Rivals did a article on this kid who theyre saying is the next big internet sensation like noel devine

TEMPLE, Texas – A minute or two is all it takes.

During that brief span, it becomes obvious the player on the video is something special.

Lache Seastrunk (pronounced Lake), a 5-foot-10, 180-pound running back at Temple High School, is so special he'll likely become an Internet legend on par with Noel Devine when his highlights start circulating on the Web.

Seastrunk averaged nearly 12 yards per carry while rushing for 1,532 yards on 129 attempts last season. He scored 19 touchdowns, with 11 of those covering at least 45 yards. Those numbers aren't by-products of a dominant team, padded stats or a wide-open offense. Temple, which runs the Wing T, was 7-4 last season. Seastrunk had 10 or fewer carries in five games and never had more than 21. Speed undoubtedly is his greatest a.sset. He ran an automatic-timed 10.37 in the 100-meter dash this spring.

And he's only a sophomore.

"He can go into a pile and he can get out of a pile," says Temple High coach Bryce Monsen, a stocky former college linebacker. "That's not coaching. That's between him and the good Lord.

"I saw him tightrope the sidelines with his right hand (extended) out to keep from falling and up on his toes to stay in-bounds, and he still outran everybody on the field."

Over the years, Texas has produced some of football's greatest running backs. Included in the state's distinguished alumni are Heisman Trophy recipients Doak Walker, Earl Campbell and Billy Sims, and several more that could have – or should have – won it, like Joe Washington, Greg Pruitt, Eric d*ckerson, LaDainian Tomlinson and Adrian Peterson.

"I've got to work harder," Seastrunk said. "I want to be the best. I don't want to be with the bunch. I want to separate myself. My mother always told me not to settle for being good. Try to be great."

Seastrunk might be Texas' next great running back.

"We hope so," said Bob McQueen, an incredibly successful coach at Temple who came out of retirement a few years ago to a.ssist Monsen. "He's barely 16 years old, and he has a lot out in front of him. To say he's the next great one … we'll have to wait and see. He's special."

LIKE OLD TIMES

In Temple - a city of 60,000 located 65 miles north of Austin - high school football is important. That much can plainly be seen from Interstate 35.

Just east of the highway sits Wildcat Stadium, a 13,000-seat monument to Temple football that features chair-back seats, a field-turf playing surface and a huge press box accessible by elevator.

Gary Garner, a 59-year-old former Booster Club president and retail advertising manager of the Temple Daily Telegram, has had season tickets for decades. For years, he thought he'd never again see anybody like Kenneth Davis, a powerful runner who led Temple to the 1979 state championship. Davis attended TCU, where he finished fifth in the 1984 Heisman Trophy voting, and had a successful nine-year career in the NFL.

"I'm one of those people who like to sit up high at Wildcat Stadium so I can see the entire field and how the plays develop," Garner says. "You'd see Kenneth Davis go left or right, find a hole or get a crease, and once he got in the open field, he could do wonders. I thought as far as high school goes that he was the best I'd ever seen.

"But now we have one coming that reminds me a whole lot of Kenneth Davis – except he's a lot faster."

Time can compromise a memory, and even the most objective fan is subject to exaggeration. People often exalt the here-and-now over the how-it-was, which helps explain why some people argue that Kobe is better than Jordan.

But even Davis praises Seastrunk.

"I had a couple of opportunities to watch him play," said Davis, now football coach and athletic director at Bishop Dunne High School in Dallas. "He's a tremendous athlete. He has incredible acceleration from a dead stop, probably the quickest I've ever seen in any kid.

"I think he has the ability and potential to be a great back. The sky's the limit for him. I'm not sure how good a blocker or receiver he is, but when you look at pure speed, there is no finer back in the state."

TEXAS 10
Olin Buchanan's list of the top 10 running backs in Texas history:
1. Earl Campbell, Tyler
2. Eric d*ckerson, Sealy
3. LaDainian Tomlinson, Waco
4. Billy Sims, Hooks
5. Doak Walker, Dallas
6. Thurman Thomas, Houston
7. Priest Holmes, San Antonio
8. Adrian Peterson, Palestine
9. Joe Washington, Port Arthur
10. Greg Pruitt, Houston

Olin Buchanan's take on the top 10 running backs in Texas history is based on their high school, college and pro careers. Buchanan covered high school and college football in Texas for 25 years before moving to Rivals.com.
McQueen and Monsen agree. The congenial and grandfatherly McQueen, who was 276-86-9 in a high school career that spanned five decades at Temple and nearby Mexia, sent more than 100 players to college. The best were Davis and Ray Rhodes, who later was coach of the Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers. He said Seastrunk has similar ability.

"Usually, if you get one like that in a career, you're very, very fortunate. I've been around three," McQueen says. "If (Seastrunk) improves in some areas, he could be as good as any of them. He needs a more complete understanding of the game.

"Our backs have to block, and he has really come on this spring with his blocking. And he needs to work on catching the football."

Monsen also has seen his share of great football players. The son of a coach who won 10 state championships in Wyoming and Utah, he has been around football his whole life. He played linebacker at BYU in 1983, '85 and '86, but missed the 1984 national championship season because he transferred to Snow College (Utah) to get more playing experience.

"I regret that every day," he says. "But (then-BYU coach) LaVell Edwards said I needed to get experience and then to come back."

A successful defensive coordinator and head coach in Utah before joining McQueen's staff several years ago, Monsen suspected he might have something special when Seastrunk long-jumped 20-9 3/4 in the eighth grade.

Those suspicions proved correct in last year's season opener when Seastrunk rushed for 112 yards on seven carries and scored touchdowns on runs of 75 and 20 yards in a 21-17 victory over South Garland. On both touchdowns, he turned the corner and blew by safety Joseph Ibiloye, a four-star prospect who signed with Oklahoma in February.

"He was in a foot race on the sideline (with Ibiloye) and outran him to the end zone," Monsen says. "He has extremely powerful legs. He's a freak of nature. It's all God-given."

Annie Ma Harris, Seastrunk's grandmother, may be due partial credit.

"When I was little, I always stayed in trouble," Seastrunk said. "My grandmother got tired of whipping me and made me stand in the corner on one leg. It seemed like I'd be on one leg for hours."

Maybe that's the secret of his success.

"You say that and every kid in Temple is going to be standing on one leg," McQueen says. "I might try it, too."

Seastrunk already has received mail from Kansas, Florida, Iowa, LSU and Texas, among others. He says LSU and Texas are his top choices for now, but he's also interested in Oklahoma and Miami.

"If he stays healthy and does everything he's supposed to do, he will have a great opportunity to play at the next level," Davis said. "How will he do over time? That's his biggest challenge.

"If he keeps his head screwed on right, do what he's asked and gets down on his knees at night, then I think in a few years we can look back and truly appreciate not only what he's done in high school but in his life. I hope we will."

Early indications are that won't be a problem. Seastrunk already has faced the obstacles of an at-risk youth and handled them well. His father hasn't been part of his life. His mother hasn't been there much of the time, either.

"She wasn't around for a while," he said. "She made some wrong decisions in life."

Seastrunk was raised by his grandmother, and received sound guidance from an uncle and from a cousin, Terrell Jackson, a wide receiver at Buffalo. "He (Jackson) was always telling me to stay focused and don't let anyone get you off-track," Seastrunk said.

Monsen says Seastrunk is an honor roll student who works diligently in the classroom and weight room.

"When the Lord was giving out athletic ability, Lache was at the front of the line," Monsen says in classic coach-speak. "When the Lord was making good kids, Lache was at the front of that line, too."

But even the nicest youngsters can be led astray at times, especially great athletes at an impressionable age. Seastrunk says he tries to avoid trouble like he does tacklers.

"It's just not in my heart or character to get in trouble," Seastrunk said. "I'd rather just go home."

If he stays patient for a couple of years, his legs will take him anywhere he wants to go.

heres the vid of him and let me just say hot damn this kid is fast as sh*t

Home      

most viewed right now
EyeCandySweet SwingWeeknd SMASHES🏏: The Hoe Run Derby
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of meganxdenise
66 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
If you could pick one main character to live instead of die in the end. Who?
78 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
nothing beats a natural pawg
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Ben Affleck walks out drunk by himself after Colbert Show grills him for gropi..
129 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
A visual History of The Rock in WWE Games! (1998-2017)
73 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside This guy slaps ya girls ass, what ya gonna do?
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Moneybagg Yo DISSES NBA Youngboy
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy