Image(s) inside Snoops reaction when Jay Z wrote “Still Dre”😎
172 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lame Ass Nigga Joins a NY Crip Gang
370 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BX ever smashed any of these popular INSTAGRAM chicks?
111 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ohhhh sh-t is this it fellas. Eminem "Revival" Tracklist!!!!!
55 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #3361
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
April 15, 2008

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Todd Chandler
Miami Northwestern High School was kind to the University of Miami this past recruiting season, with all the top prospects the Canes targeted opting to sign with UM.

The Hurricanes are targeting another prospect from Northwestern this year – WR Tevin McCaskill – but those in the know say the next real wave of talent at the school will be for the Class of 2010, when talented running backs, defensive backs and linemen will be seniors.

And one prospect who has already caught the eye of college coaches is rising junior DT Todd Chandler.

The good news for Miami is he's a big Cane fan.

The bad news: He says UF is also going to play into his recruiting picture.

"UM is on the top of my list because they're a hard-working program, but I went to UF for a practice a few weeks ago and their coaches talked to me - it was nice there also," Chandler said. "Right now it's Miami and Florida neck and neck. I love both their programs. Both their coaches have a nice coaching style, push players to their limits."

Chandler says it will be hard to dissuade him from joining former teammate and friend Marcus Forston as a Cane.

"He taught me," Chandler said. "I never played football in middle school because I was too big. When I moved up in ninth grade he taught me how to use my aggression, my hands and strength. I did what he told me to do."

It worked out pretty well, as last year Chandler finished with 107 tackles, 16 sacks and three forced fumbles.

He'll be looking for a program that will get him ready for the next step.

"I want to go to the NFL," Chandler said. "When my football career stops, I want to be in the Hall of Fame. That's how I want my football career to stop in the NFL. So I'm looking for a college that's known for putting its players in the NFL."

Will having former teammates at Miami make a difference?

"Yeah, it makes a big difference," Chandler said, "because when you play with a guy like Marcus, it's going to be the same thing as it was at Northwestern. And if I go to Florida I saw how they break players into their program. That's why those two are my top colleges right now."
 10 years ago '04        #3362
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$12,964 | Props total: 2746 2746
good lookin out, cap
 10 years ago '04        #3363
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
does ne body know what happend to rakim, seems every other weekend they making a thread bout him on bxsc....did he do a if duke loses ill never return type bet?
he's been ghost since the super bowl, his whereabouts are a mystery
 10 years ago '07        #3364
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
I just saw this vid on Jakhari Gore:wow::wow:

It was just sophomore year highlights too

10 years ago '04        #3365
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
t-ward got that swag for real, if he aint scared of comp he'll stay in south florida

and gore' got orange and green in his veins:applause:

damn we went from having no running backs to having a sh*tload coming in
 10 years ago '07        #3366
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
Btw the whole copy of Year of The Bull is on youtube
 10 years ago '05        #3367
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,042 | Props total: 639 639
shoulda done a year of the bull with last yrs team
 10 years ago '06        #3368
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
I love that documentary. Not because of the Bulls. My high school APK beating Northwestern in the championship game. Brandon Merriweather was on that team. He use to k!ll me in practice.

About the U. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!
 10 years ago '04        #3369
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
THE DRAFT: I caught up with a few agents and former Canes this week for my Sunday sidebar. From the people I spoke with in and outside the program, it sounds to me like UM will be lucky to have more than four players taken in this year's draft. That would end the streak UM has enjoyed of having at least five players taken in each draft since 2000. So, who are NFL teams looking to draft after Calais, Kenny and linebacker Tavares Gooden are gone?

UM officials are privately saying it will likely be defensive end Vegas Franklin, who at 6-3, 255, has done well enough in workouts to impress scouts. One agent told me he thought Franklin would end up being better than Campbell in the long run. I caught up with Franklin Thursday and he told me he's been working out hard on UM's campus with trainer Andrew Swasey and teammate Teraz McCray. Franklin said he flew to Houston for a private workout with the Texans earlier this month and worked out with the majority of his UM teammates at the Dolphins facility last week. "I'm hearing second day to free agent," Franklin told me when I asked him what he's heard about his draft stock. "I just want a chance to show people what I can do."

*Receiver Darnell Jenkins' agent told me regardless of what has been said or written about his clients slow times in 40-yard dash testing, he believes an NFL team will invest a Darnell_jenkinspick in UM's MVP from last season. Agent Daniel Rose told me Thursday Jenkins has been doing really well in private workouts for teams. "Swasey has clocked him at 4.26 and I know at Dolphins day he ran under a 4.4. It's just when he's been timed on bigger stages he's run slower times. The bottomline is Darnell is faster on the field than in the 40. The best way to describe his speed is that North Carolina game when he had the 97-yard touchdown. He's just a guy who is much faster in games than when there's a stopwatch."

* Mel Kiper said quarterback Kyle Wright, who quarterbacked the combine in Indianpolis, is likely headed to the free agent route but said he wouldn't be surprised if Wright is drafted late.

* Offensive lineman Derrick Morse, who returned home to workout at his high school in Bonita Springs, Fla. after UM's Pro Day in late February, told me Thursday he's been encouraged by the emails of support he's been receiving from Canes fans here in Miami. He said he won't get discouraged even if he isn't picked Sunday as Kiper expects.

"There is only 250 guys who get picked," Morse said. "And there is only a 52-man roster. I know if I don't make it, I'm just going to continue to work at my dream. I've seen lots of guys make it in other places like the CFL and the All-American football league. [Anthony Wollschlager] is still trying. He didn't make it last year, but he's still busting his butt. I've got a degree in Criminology and Liberal Arts. I want to at least try for a couple years to make it. It's the only time I'll get to do it because once your done you'll never get a chance to do it again in your life."

POSITION SWITCHES: Canesport.com and InsideTheU.com reported this week position switches for three Hurricane players following the spring. They were defensive lineman Luqman Abdullah (he was buried on the depth chart) moving to offensive line, junior Ryan Hill switching from receiver to cornerback (he was recruited as a corner) and the real eye-opener of sophomore Damien Berry getting moved from safety to running back.

In my conversations with UM officials Thursday, I was told the move to switch Damien_berryBerry was made to "create more competition in the backfield." Another UM official said, "we're loaded with safeties, but last year injuries k!lled us at running back. Coach made the move to make us more secure there. It wasn't because Damien was upset. He was asked and he accepted it."Reading between the lines, I get the sense a few things could have led to it. One, perhaps coaches were disappointed with the play of freshmen Shawnbrey McNeal and Lee Chambers -- the slotted No. 4 and No. 5 running backs. Or, the injury to No. 3 running back Derron Thomas was serious enough to get coaches worried they'd be short at running back this coming season.

Either way, Berry has plenty of experience with the football in his hands. At Glades Central, he was the team's star running back before suffering a knee injury. What I'm interested to see is how long this experiment lasts or if Berry becomes the next Cane to be lost in translation, ala Devin Hester, James Bryant and a cast of other former Canes. After all, Bryce Brown is supposed to come in '09 and Javarris James and Graig Cooper aren't going anywhere right now.
i'm glad hill's moving back to corner, he drops too many balls. and berry was a stud when he played running back in high school, the kid is an athlete and will ball out no matter what position he plays.
 10 years ago '08        #3370
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,540 | Props total: 1916 1916
 P. Dedos said:
gore is a lock and clements and lamb also for 2010 :wow:
Now come on now.......... Ain`t no way in hell ya`ll gone get Miller, Berry, Gore, Lamb, and maybe Ward in two years!!!!! I know them boys say they ain`t scared of comp, but still........ Oh yeah, i head ya`ll were recruiting Trabis as a corner though.........
 10 years ago '08        #3371
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
Yeah.....Gore is a shoe-in to be a Cane........ But honestly......Berry >>> Miller.....In my opinion......
 10 years ago '08        #3372
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
If it were me...... Miller & Berry.....I`d turn Brice into a Full-back or something....
 10 years ago '04        #3373
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,816 | Props total: 4071 4071
 904Nole said:
If it were me...... Miller & Berry.....I`d turn Brice into a Full-back or something....
f*ck that....Bryce is to good to be a FB. dude will be a star
 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM         #3374
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea yall i been gone for a minute but im back for good..had to renew my subscription canesport.com...soo im back with all the info boys

Coach Randy Shannon spoke today, and he summed up his team's spring by saying, "The spring went very well for us. We were excited about how the progress of the quarterbacks came along. Those guys did a tremendous job of working a quick game, getting the ball out to the wide receivers. The biggest addition was getting eight guys in (early). Now they have the rhythm and pace of what we're trying to do in practice. It was very competitive on both sides of the football. The addition of Bill Young and Aubrey Hill were a tremendous a.sset to us."

Shannon pointed to the quarterbacks and the receivers as surprising him the most with their strides this spring.

"The quarterbacks did tremendous strides," Shannon said. "I was pleased with the way the receivers played the entire spring except maybe the spring game - there were drops - but for the most part I was impressed by the receivers and the runs after the catch."

Shannon also praised the play of Allen Bailey, who moved from linebacker to defensive end before the spring.

"We were really, really excited about the way Allen Bailey picked up," Shannon said. "He still has a couple of things to go, but as far as his first time playing defensive end, we're really excited by him. He has a lot of pass rush natural ability. He really controlled the tight end, the offensive tackle, had a good get-off chasing the football and mentality on the defensive line."

Shannon said he wouldn't be surprised if Bailey weighs 310 or 315 pounds by the fall – he weighed in at 290 this spring.

"He's an explosive, big kid," Shannon said. "I don't know if he'll ever stop (gaining) weight, get bigger."

Shannon said he thinks the eight freshmen that came in early will contribute right away.

"Those guys have brought something to the team, that mentality of competing and winning," Shannon said. "It makes you develop depth. This is the first time in a long time (we could) go first and second team, both sides of the football. That's a tremendous part of what we were trying to get done."

Shannon said he expects that some of the true freshmen yet to arrive could also help out right away. In particular he mentioned the skill players as possibly playing.

Shannon also addressed several players that have changed positions.

"We moved (Luqman) Abdallah from defensive line to offensive line, don't know his position yet - either guard or tackle," Shannon said. "We moved Ryan Hill to defensive back - Ryan has done a great job at receiver for us, but we need more out of him. His natural position is defensive back. He gives us more depth at the safety position. Damien Berry is doing a great job at nickel, but we need more depth at running back. Last year we play Boston College at the end of the season and have no (running backs). I'm always concerned about that. At that nickel position we have guys, and I think this gives Damien a chance to come in and compete, do situational things, great things at running back. And Eric Houston we moved to fullback (from linebacker)."

Shannon addressed rumors about DE Adewale Ojomo being suspended.

"No, I don't know who told you that," Shannon said. "That's not true."

Shannon hopes for a big turnaround from last year.

"Nobody in the program wants to go 5-7," he said. "We're recruiting players from wining teams who win championships. You're going to develop that winning attitude by recruiting that type of guy. That sense of urgency will come back."

Shannon also spoke about his planned tour of the Middle East next month. His daughter returned two weeks ago from service in the Middle East and is now living in San Diego.

"President Shalala had received an email from somebody in the military and asked would they get in contact with me," he said. "I thought it would be something great because you could support the people protecting the United States, f!ghting for freedom, democracy. It's an opportunity to go over there and talk with the guys, let them know we're supporting them and keep doing your job the best you can."
 04-22-2008, 03:16 PM         #3375
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Garland (TX) South Garland High School OL Jeramie Roberts says he expects a solid Hurricane offer in the near future.

"Their coaches talked with our coaches, and my coach told me they want to offer," the 6-foot-4, 305-pounder said. "I've gotten letters from the whole (Miami) coaching staff. They just say come to the U, we need you to come to Miami. It's just got a big `U' on it."

Roberts has also spoken with line coach Jeff Stoutland.

"He says `We'll be following you,' said he's going to try and come out and see me, and within the next month or so I'm going to try to go out there to Miami."

Roberts says he's already visited five other college campuses.

"I've gone to other ones for junior days," he said.

Roberts says he's interested in Miami but that "I have to find out more about them academically."

He adds, "Their program is one of the best to go to the next level pro-wise."

Roberts plays guard in high school and says he may move to center this season.

So far he lists two solid offers: Kansas and Baylor.

His favorites?

"At my top is Miami, Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma," Roberts said.

And he says Miami and Baylor are his top two.

"Those are the main colleges I've looked at so far," he says.

Baylor is under a two hour drive from his house, and Roberts says "Distance may be a factor, but it doesn't really matter how far - it's the school I'm going to fit best at."

Roberts had initially planned to make a commitment in August, but now he says he's thinking about waiting longer to make up his mind.

"Miami has a good chance," he said. "I haven't been down there to see their facilities yet. I'll do that before I make any decisions, see what kind of coaching staff they have before I make any decision."
 04-22-2008, 03:19 PM         #3376
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Duncanville (TX) High School WR Chayse Joubert lists only one scholarship offer: From the Miami Hurricanes.

But that doesn't mean he'll be a Cane in the end.

He says he's "been thinking about it," and that he "may just wait until signing day to decide."

Joubert is expecting several other offers to come rolling in.

"Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Kansas and Tulsa are all recruiting me," he said. "I've been in Texas all my life."

He says distance won't play a factor, though.

"It's what school will give me the best opportunity – that's where I'll go," the 6-foot-1, 185-pounder with 4.34-second speed said.

He says he's already taken a look at the Miami WR situation.

"I know they have the two guys from Miami Northwestern coming in," Joubert said.

Asked if that affects him, Joubert says, "Not really. They're two good players, but it could work out. I'm not going to base my decision on other people."

Joubert says he received the Cane offer in January.

"I talked to coach (Wesley) McGriff and got an offer in the mail," he said. "Coach Mcgriff was saying that they liked me, and he was writing me letters during the season also.

"I call the coaches from time to time and I've talked to them a few times. They say that I have good speed and they're looking for explosive players to come in and play."

Joubert says UM first found out about him because former Cane Lance Leggett played at Joubert's previous school – Grace Prep.

Joubert played there as a freshman and sophomore.

"Miami watched tape of me, came down to see me play a couple of times," Joubert said.

Last season Joubert had 17 receptions for 224 yards with one touchdown.
 10 years ago '07        #3377
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
Bailey at 315:wow:

1st round potential for the nfl
 10 years ago '04        #3378
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
thanx caneboi

joubert went to the same school as lance leggett? i'll pass

if bailey hits 300+ he'll be at D-Tackle:wow:
 10 years ago '04        #3379
madness 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
Bryce Brown talks Yoga, football and The Shirt

The more I speak with the Brown family, the more likable they become. For the last few days, I've tried to catch up with UM recruit Bryce Brown for an interview. But I kept missing him. Some days, it was because of workouts. Others, it was because of Yoga class. Well, we finally caught up.

For the record, Brown is the younger brother of incoming freshman linebacker Arthur Brown. The younger Brown is rated by the most scouting services as the best running back in the 2009 class. Here's what he's talking about:

SR: How much have things changed since you made the verbal to Miami? Do coaches still call?

BB: It's changed pretty big. Some coaches just backed off and haven't really made that many attempts to contact me. Some are still coming on pretty aggressive. They're confident in their program and it looks good on their part. I hear from the offensive coordinator at Oregon, coaches at Ohio State and Texas.

SR: So, you and your brother planned all along to play at the same school?

BB: No, not from the get-go. We decided after he made his decision and it was a good fit, then I'd do it. I was just following God, not necessarily my brother.

SR: Arthur said the recruiting process completely overwhelmed him. Are you glad that it's somewhat over?

BB: Yeah, definitely. I can just take the time to focus on school and enjoy my senior year. You're never going to get it back. I don't have the pressure at all.

SR: Why the sudden interest in Yoga?

BB: Everybody knows that if you do Yoga, you're going to get flexible. The best athletes are flexible and it's a proven fact. The kids that are flexible are usually the fastest. I've been doing it for just two weeks.

SR: You awake each day at 4 a.m. Can you explain that? What goes on?

BB: I usually set my alarm for 3:45 and I usually beat it. Sometimes, I beat it by 10 minutes and the next day I'll beat it by five minutes. I get up because it's my time with God, we talk and I'm able to pray. I talk with (family friend) Brian Butler and my brother. We want to get off to a good start each day. I try to go to bed before 10 p.m. Sometimes I'm up later because when you're committed to something, you gotta keep doing it. I get up and I don't go back to sleep. I'll cook breakfast or clean the house.

SR: Do you have plans of enrolling early if you stick with UM?

BB: Yeah, definitely. I've been planning that since my freshman year. That was brought up before we even started talking college. I'll do it easily. It's not going to be a struggle at all.

SR: What has Arthur told you about Miami?

BB: He told me the thing is how everybody is like family down there. I got to see all that when I went down there with him on his official and went to the spring game. It's a lot of competition, and it's also a lot of love. If a person is a better player than you, you just have to accept it.

SR: The one thing about college football fans is they fawn over recruits before they ever play a game. Are you ready for that type of pressure and attention?

BB: I mean, yes. When you make your goals and you have big goals, a lot of people are going to expect things from you. That's not going to change anything with me. I'm going to continue to work hard. My goal is to start at day one. It's not really that much pressure. I plan to be productive.

SR: Recently, Damien Berry switched from defensive back to running back and this happens a lot in college. If you had to switch, what position would you choose?

BB: Wide receiver. Yeah, I can play it. I played it for my high school when we went to a Nike Camp in Colorado. I just loved being out there (at receiver).

SR: Did you meet any of the other running backs when you were here for the spring game?

BB: Yeah, they welcomed me and I expected that. There's no hating. It's a big family when I go up there. They're going to help me become a part of the program and helping me get accustomed.

SR: You mentioned starting from "day one." What if for some reason that doesn't happen? How will you handle it?

BB: Basically like I've handled everything else in life, just put God first. Obviously, you're going to face challenges. I know I'll get through them.

SR: Lastly, I saw you at the spring game and so did many of the fans. We all want to know about the shirt you were wearing? What was up with that?
Bryce_brown

BB: (Laughing) I like to be different. I saw the shirt at the mall and I figured I'd be different. I like to dress all different types of ways, except Gothic. When they saw me in that shirt, a lot of people said, `What the heck are you wearing?'
 04-24-2008, 02:52 PM         #3380
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
JONES PREPARES PHYSICALLY, HOPES TO QUALIFY

Hurricane signee Benjamin Jones is preparing for life as a Miami Hurricane.

After choosing UM on signing day, the 6-foot-6 Jones is now following the Cane workout program he received in the mail as closely as possible.

"It's a little tough – it's a lot of running," he says.

Jones, who played both ways on the line in his high school career but will be an offensive lineman at Miami, says he's already gained 20 pounds since last season.

"I'm up to 310," he said. "I wanted to gain some weight. I want to report right around this weight, maybe 320. It was just eating, working out, and I gained the weight."

Jones says he talks regularly with Cane coaches as well as Jacory Harris, a teammate who enrolled at UM in January.

"He says to stay in shape because it's hard when you get down there," Jones said. "If you're not in shape you might fall out."

Jones is still working to qualify. He's previously scored a 15 on the ACT, and he says he needs "a 17 or 18" for admission to Miami.

"I took the test again, just took it, and I feel I did well," Jones said. "If I don't get that score I'll take it again - the last time is in June."

* Jones says he hopes to wear No. 55 this season. He says he plans to room with Brandon Washington.

That's a.ssuming Washington is qualified.

Jones says the lineman just took the test for the first time and is awaiting his results.

"We work out together," Jones said. "We talk about getting to Miami, that we don't want to get redshirted. We want to come in and play early."
Home      

most viewed right now
Columbian teacher arrested for forcing students to have sex with her
147 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Why You Shouldn't Fly on Spirit Airlines
49 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Shots Fired: Blizzard's New Commercial Decimates EA & The Pay To Win Cu..
40 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
mario shoots a nice one
14 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sylvester Stallone accused of raping 16 yr old girl!
177 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Rap God Back: Official Eminem "Revival" Anticipation and Discusion thre..
271 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Y’all ever seen a thick comedian?
131 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom And a poom-poom
21 comments
2 days ago