squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #4201
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
so im in gaineville right now...last 2 canes game ive been to ive seen some gator fans hovering at dolphin stadium...so i figure id rep the U at tomorrows kentucky/gators game.:cool-smiley-009:

10 years ago '04        #4202
booie4 
space
space
$5,537 | Props total: 2187 2187
THEARON COLLIER Q&A

Q: This receiving corps doesn't seem to have a go-to guy.

Collier: We all make plays. Everyone steps up and we all get an opportunity to play. We're all making plays.

Q: How rewarding is it to see all you freshmen making plays in your first year of college football?

Collier: It's a big transition from high school, and we're all glad we got opportunities to play as freshmen, score our first college touchdown.

Q: With only two months of experience, do you feel older as a player?

Collier: Yes. We don't feel like freshmen. We feel like veterans that keep making plays.

Q: Wake Forest has a good secondary.

Collier: Their secondary has a lot of experience, and we're young guys. All we'll do is work hard, prepare for this big game this weekend, go against their top players.

Q: Talk about Jacory Harris's effort against Duke.

Collier: He showed confidence. He came through when we needed him. Big-time players come up in big-time games, and he stepped up. We needed him.

Q: When you were recruited you knew a lot of receivers were coming in with you. Seeing it come to fruition with all of you on the field making plays, talk about that.

Collier: When we all came in as recruits we all got together on the phone, talked about how we would all come in as freshmen and turn this program around. Our goal for this year was to come in as true freshmen and win a national championship. That's all we came here to do.

Q: You have five games left. So what happens the rest of the season will be shaped in these last five weeks.

Collier: I feel like we're not freshmen anymore, caught on to the game and the system and are making plays. We have a lot of confidence now.

Q: How are all the freshmen coming along?

Collier: We're coming together as a family. We communicate all the time. We're working hard in practice to execute drills.

Q: Evaluate your own season so far.

Collier: I think it's going well for me right now. I'm going to continue to work hard and continue to make plays throughout the season.

10 years ago '04        #4203
booie4 
space
space
The defensive line has struggled this season to get consistent pressure.

And that could be a big problem this weekend going against one of the ACC's most accurate passers in Riley Skinner. If the Canes can't pressure him, he will have plenty of time to find open receivers downfield.

That's the bad news.

The good news?

"It's all correctible," DE Allen Bailey says. "We just have to get back to technique, block with violence and have a lot more energy."

Of Skinner, Bailey says, "He's a very talented quarterback. Some underestimate him, but he's very good.

"He's a very smart player, and the team is very technically sound on both sides of the ball. We have to match their technique and focus."

Bailey sees this team growing after its second straight win.

"We feel good," he said. "Everybody feels comfortable. We're just trying to win out the rest of the season, take it game by game."

* Of how he's progressing coming off injury, Bailey said, "I'm hoping to progress this week. I'm feeling fine, just little nicks here and there. other than that everything is good."

* Asked if he was concerned when the Canes fell behind Duke by 10 points last weekend, Bailey said, "Not really. We knew we'd come back in the second half and start playing Hurricane football. We got everything back to basics, ran base defense and got the job done."

Why did the team make the adjustment to go back to base defense in the second half?

"So we could do less thinking and play more ball," Bailey said.

Asked why Duke had so much more success in the first half, Bailey said, "They were having more success up the middle, came out quick paced, no huddle, kind of shocked us the first series."

The defensive line had several offside penalties last Saturday. What caused that?

"They would give a fake cadence from the center, then the quarterback would give a real cadence," Bailey said. "It threw us off. We jumped offside three times in the first half.

"After we got that under control we had a good rest of the game."

10 years ago '04        #4204
booie4 
space
space
MATT BOSHER Q&A

Q: You had that bad drop on the botched punt last weekend.

Bosher: All it really is is a mental lapse. It's unacceptable. You can't have them, have to fix it.

Q: You had that 76-yard punt with the wind at your back. How good does a kick like that feel?

Bosher: It feels really good. I'm just trying to go out there and do my best for the team. If that happens it makes me happy because it helps out the team.

Q: Do players play attention to the ACC standings at this point, the fact that you're back in the race?

Bosher: We don't really look at the standings as much as the next opponent we're going to play. Nothing matters if you don't win the next week. We're just focusing on Wake Forest and making sure we come out and play them strong.

Q: What's your a.ssessment of the mood of the team right now? Is there a lot of confidence with these two wins in a row?

Bosher: We've been confident throughout. It's nice to get a couple of wins in. I think we're ready to continue our roll. We play a good team in Wake Forest this week, but I'm confident we can come out with another win.

Q: Randy Shannon has mentioned freshman Jake Wieclaw as a guy who might be able to take some pressure off you by handling kickoffs, for instance. How close do you see him to being ready to contribute?

Bosher: He's a great kicker. That's something for coach Shannon to a.ssess. (Wieclaw) does a great job in practice all the time. He's got a great leg, is a great kid. But that's for coach Shannon.

Q: Have you seen strides from Wieclaw since he arrived at UM?

Bosher: He's definitely progressed since he's been here, has made some big steps.

Q: Is there one area he's gotten better at compared to other areas?

Bosher: I can't put one thing on it. A lot of things with him have gotten better, everything from his mental game to height on the ball, getting distance. He's a great kicker, has a great leg.

Q: Has he gotten used to kicking off the ground instead of off a tee like in high school?

Bosher: He's gotten over the fact that he's not kicking off the tee anymore. That's a big hurdle for a kicker coming from high school to college. Coach has done a great job working on him with that.

Q: Sam Swank, Wake Forest's outstanding kicker, is trying to come off a minor leg injury for this game. But is there really such a thing as a minor leg injury?

Bosher: Everything's going to affect you, but some hurt more than others. He's a great kicker, so he can get through things.

Q: Swank also handles kicking and punting like you. Do you study his drops and technique, or is everyone a little different?

Bosher: Everyone's a little bit different, has their own style. There are guys you look up to, but you always have to do your own thing and focus on what works best for you.

10 years ago '05        #4205
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 11 11
I NEED Miami to win tomorrow! NEED IT DAMNIT!!

Go Canes!!

10 years ago '04        #4206
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,231 | Props total: 4271 4271
 BadAzzYelloGirl said
I NEED Miami to win tomorrow! NEED IT DAMNIT!!

Go Canes!!
you must have them in a parlay bet or something

10 years ago '05        #4207
BadAzzYelloGirl 
space
space
$5,165 | Props total: 11 11
 madness said
you must have them in a parlay bet or something
YES!!! I just realized they're in all of my parlays and a straight bet!

Maaaaan, Miami can't lose at home to Wake!

10 years ago '04        #4208
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,906 | Props total: 89 89
xavier channon is garbage. By the time his shotgun snaps reaches the QB the d-line is already a yard deep in the backfield

10 years ago '04        #4209
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
yeah shannon has been high-snappin all season...hope we can get some more of that second half magic from last week

10 years ago '04        #4210
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
marve's got some wheels:wow:

10 years ago '04        #4211
space
space
marve needs to learn no to throw it 100mph if the receiver is next to you

10 years ago '04        #4212
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
why would you call a slow-developing stretch run on 4th and 1?

10 years ago '04        #4213
space
space
fu*k was it a turnonver???

my fu*king satellite just went out cuz of the rain

10 years ago '04        #4214
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
ojomo is a terror off the edge:applause:

10 years ago '04        #4215
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$18,704 | Props total: 6877 6877
Good, UgLY win against a tough wake forst team...we needed this, if we could just play both half's of a football game we would be a good team. but looks like our boys are growing and learning how to finish games

10 years ago '04        #4216
space
space
wake forest hurt themselves several times with their game plan. I dont know if they watched any tapes, but miami db's cant cover. Running all those times did not help,

10 years ago '07        #4217
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
good solid win, I dont think the QB situation will be settled for a few weeks with marve playin solid today

in other new, fu*king UF and urban meyer got no damn sense....up 53 and still passing

10 years ago '04        #4218
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
lucky for us riley skinner couldnt throw the ball further than 10 yards. whatever, wins are hard to come by, i'll take it.

10 years ago '05        #4219
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
 ttime236 said
good solid win, I dont think the QB situation will be settled for a few weeks with marve playin solid today

in other new, fu*king UF and urban meyer got no damn sense....up 53 and still passing
lol yea i was at the gator game today...atleast it was with the second team

10 years ago '07        #4220
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 1895 1895
good win today

bout damn time marve started using his legs when there is nothing instead of forcing it.

next up virginia....also i would like to thank fsu for taking out vtech qbs

what recruits were at todays game??

what is the recruiting front looking like now

10-25-2008, 05:53 PM         #4221
Pito305  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
smh @ miami beating Wake and FSU couldnt

10 years ago '04        #4222
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$18,704 | Props total: 6877 6877
 Pito305 said
thats the ACC for you.....dont ever know who is going to win

10 years ago '07        #4223
Kinglew88 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 1895 1895
 Pito305 said
fsu couldnt score more than 3 pts

10 years ago '05        #4224
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,401 | Props total: 9 9
Thanks canes

10 years ago '04        #4225
booie4 
space
space
There is lots of good news surrounding the Miami Hurricanes football team right now.

The Hurricanes have won three straight games, which at the end of the day is the greatest thing that matters.

The young guys on the defensive side of the ball are getting tons of experience.

Javarris James and Graig Cooper are healthy for the stretch run.

Robert Marve and Jacory Harris still have their ribs and ligaments intact.

And Cane fans have so much to talk about, giving everybody their money's worth during another rebuilding season.

Miami defeated Wake Forest 16-10 on Saturday, successfully gaining just enough yardage to score just enough points in another questionably-managed offensive game.

There were some wonderful things that happened out there.

The defense got surprised again by the offensive game plan of the opposition, but this time adjustments were made by the end of the first quarter rather than at halftime. After allowing 10 points and more than 100 yards rushing in the first 16 minutes as Wake ran 24 straight times to open the game, Miami's defense didn't allow Wake Forest to score again.

The Hurricanes showed incredible toughness going against an older, veteran team that came in with a game plan to turn the game into a fist f!ght it thought it would win. But Miami stood toe-to-toe with Wake Forest and never backed down, a mighty huge sign of progress.

Adewale Ojomo continued his emergence as a humble star of the future, sacking Riley Skinner and stripping the ball from behind late in the third quarter. Antonio Dixon recovered and Miami ended up kicking the field goal that gave it the final six-point margin.

Matt Bosher continued his All-American like season as a placekicker, nailing his three field goal attempts, one from 52 yards. Bosher has now made 12 of his 13 attempts this season.

Players are bouncing back from tough experiences and making contributions, like Sam Shields and Romeo Davis, two big contributors on Saturday. Shields had a big play off a reverse on a kickoff return and then broke a tackle off a catch and turned it into a big play. Davis played a lot of snaps and helped settle down the defense. And let's not forget Robert Marve, who protected the ball better and made higher-quality decisions.

Marve played well enough that the quarterback drama that had been created over the past few weeks, with outside elements trying ridiculously hard to manufacture problems between Marve and Harris and their respective camps, was put on the backburner once again as folks refocused on the worthiness of offensive coordinator Patrick Nix's play-calling that simply doesn't seem to be working.

Winning is a Band-Aid. It's the element that makes you question where you should stand as a Hurricane fan. Is it fair to be critical of something after a victory? I found myself asking that question over and over after the final gun sounded Saturday.

Everybody knew before the first kickoff, and understands even better right now, that this was not the year Miami was loaded up for a run at teams like Penn State and Texas. So the homer inside of you has to beg for a mindset where any victory is treated like a precious commodity. The homer asks: What did you expect?

Miami was a few touchdowns better than North Carolina and lost because failed offense in the middle of the game left the team exposed to the defensive disasters it experienced in the final stages of the fourth quarter.

Miami was a few touchdowns better than that Wake Forest team it played Saturday. The Canes won by six.

To my eyes, Miami seems to be playing offense with one hand tied behind its back.

Football fans and analysts instinctively like to see style points, too. They were all over the place Saturday on defense with the toughness and continued development of players, particularly on the defensive line. There were not many style points on offense, which is why Nix again is a focal point.

You want a theory on why Miami is not getting enormously better on the offensive side of the football, even with the emergence of those freshmen playmakers at receiver? This unit never does the same thing from one game to the next, and running backs Javarris James and Graig Cooper are always disappearing from the game.

Nix has some great looking plays in that playbook of his, way more than last year. He hits on some of them too. But he can't seem to put two of them together, something that was painfully evident Saturday as Miami struggled to find the end zone.

Nix finally ditched that horizontal passing game that was k!lling him up until Saturday, so he had greater success much of the time on first down. But, for some reason, he again decided his quarterbacks as his running backs were his bread and butter. For the second week in a row, his quarterbacks got the most carries in the running game, a few of them on second down and short-yardage plays that didn't work and left Miami in harder-to-make third-down situations. Miami was seven of 17 in those situations on Saturday.

Maybe everyone should be thrilled that Nix hit once out of the 11 times Marve and Harris took on the role of runners on Saturday. Marve's 43-yard run in the third quarter was one of the biggest plays in the game and set up the touchdown that ultimately won the game. But wouldn't you rather see a scheme that allows Cooper or James to make that run?

In the Wake Forest game Cooper carried 12 times and James just six. In the Duke game Cooper carried seven times and James just three. And against FSU Cooper had six carries and James didn't play due to injury.

You have two skinny young quarterbacks. Do they really need to be taking all those extra shots? Does that one successful run negate the other 10 failures that helped k!ll drives in this game? If this is a season of building, isn't a real running game and scheme included on the construction list? Is it fair of us to ask that question in the aftermath of a victory? Is it nitpicking?

Virginia Tech, which loves its quarterbacks taking hits, lost two of them in one game up at Florida State Saturday. Where is Miami going if it loses Marve and Harris? You can't develop young quarterbacks if one or both end up on the injured list, which they probably will if they keep getting overly exposed to this kind of punishment on game day.

I say this knowing that FSU has been exposing Christian Ponder, particularly against Miami, and is winning with it. I say it knowing that Tim Tebow is physically exposed every week. But a young Marve and Harris could be limbs on Tebow's body. And Miami isn't playing for the national title right now. And there are plenty of other quarterbacks out there like Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford who are very successful without trying to be their team's leading rushers.

The wins of the past three weeks have created an opportunity for the Hurricanes, which in turn begs for self-analysis and continued advancement. If North Carolina drops one game, Miami controls its destiny if it wins out. Even if Carolina doesn't slip up, four more wins by the Hurricanes would almost certainly land them in the Peach Bowl or Gator Bowl at 9-3 and stamp this season a colossal success. If that happens, Randy Shannon might even give Nick Saban a run for his money in National Coach of the Year voting.

I really think it can happen if Nix steps up his game.

Virginia on the road on Saturday figures to be a brutal test. The Cavaliers are on a high right now after winning on the road at Georgia Tech and surging to the top of the Coastal Division standings. If they beat Miami on Saturday for a fifth straight win, they may actually end up in Tampa in the conference title game.

Virginia Tech is a beaten down team that Miami gets on a Thursday night at home.

Georgia Tech will be very tough in a road Thursday night test, but the Yellow Jackets were just beaten at home by Virginia.

The road game at North Carolina State could also be tough, but the struggling Wolfpack figure to have their cleats halfway packed into their storage lockers by then.

So I apologize to anyone who might cringe at the idea of building expectations at this stage of the resurrection project. But I have seen enough progress this season from this team that I am not making any excuses for Nix or anybody else these final four games.

The next step in the progression for Randy Shannon and Miami is to win games they should win, the way FSU is doing this year, the way Miami has now done the past three weeks. This team is good enough to win them now if it plays smart and with passion.

That's what I took out of Dolphin Stadium on Saturday. And even with some of the other questionable things that many of us saw, that is nothing but a positive.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Chamillionaire low key the most financially savy rapper ever?
80 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
163 comments
13 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Cassie Offers Savage Update Following Diddy Break-Up
2 comments
16 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Rae Carruth has been released from prison after 17 years
36 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside WELL DAMN...40 GLOCC Starts A GoFundMe For THE GAME So Their House Do..
32 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside I’m a young king I might fu-k Alexis Texas/but I’m not on no drake sh-t..
14 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Here is our very first look at BANE in GOTHAM Season 5
31 comments
2 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 NBA This is the exact play no one is talking about that actually started the L..
8 comments
17 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
OutKast was never really accepted in the Hip Hop community
35 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Cp3 got beat up on national tv by ingram and rondo,got spit in his face, a..
34 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Lawd have mercy jazmynekyng uproarchallenge
51 comments
12 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 NBA Fans tells Boggie Cousins the brutal truth
7 comments
18 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Pusha T in June HINTED to DRAKE on Drink Champs Who 'THE SOURCE" Was
31 comments
18 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I Think Pusha T is Assed Out in This Beef
79 comments
1 hour ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Masaai tribe roll in on 15 lions...
2 comments
59 minutes ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
unpopular opinion 2: mortal kombat was a better series than street fighter!!
18 comments
2 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nippy Minaj ( Nicki Minaj's N1pples)
53 comments
12 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA 2019 NBA draft prospect Darius Bazely signs $14M shoe deal with New Balance
17 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Two Native American Geneticists Explain Outrage Over Elizabet..
1 comments
25 minutes ago
@news
most viewed right now
 NBA Trae Young’s shot chart from last night
2 comments
18 minutes ago
@sports
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
micropave
DATKIDD121
Walmart
2Cold
StillNigga
Cowboywiz
Lord God
blah blah blah
Yung Dilla
Jeavila1014
Top 10 most slapped recently
chef12
StillNigga
Spot Rusherz
HolyFatherSteve
blah blah blah
Binary
Mutant Boy
micropave
Flippa Huxtable
North Face

most viewed right now
online now  51
What’s The Worst Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?
168 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  45
Image(s) inside Sticking My Finger In Her A** Like It’s Rondo’s Face
63 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  40
Image(s) inside LA Legend Nipsey Hussle ALMOST JUMP INTO THE LAKERS MALEE BRAWL FIGHT ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  26
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
99 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  17
Video inside Did YouTube go down last week to erase a livestream of an object hittin..
64 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Oct 21 - Trump: Middle Class Tax Cuts Before November... Forreal this time!
54 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  15
Oct 20 - This is Like a Ad for the Border Wall
109 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  13
Image(s) inside Cuban doll gets dropped by her label 4 sending a hit on female rapper!..
93 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy