Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #3281
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Wheres Ra been? aint seen him in here in awhile
 9 years ago '04        #3282
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Marve is heir apparent for starting job

MIAMI - When asked the key to success for a quarterback, former Plant High star Robert Marve practically roared his response.

"The key for a quarterback is to win the game," said Marve, sounding a lot like Kansas City coach Herman Edwards. "It doesn't matter if you have to throw the ball 50 times or hand the ball off 50 times, a great quarterback simply refuses to lose."

Marve did just that as a senior, leading Plant to the Class 4A state title while earning Florida Mr. Football and Parade All-American honors. He broke Tim Tebow's state records for touchdowns (48) and passing yards (4,380).

Now, with Kyle Wright out of eligibility and Kirby Freeman having transferred, Marve is the heir apparent to the University of Miami's quarterback job.

In past years, quarterbacks such as Vinny Testaverde, Bernie Kosar, Ken Dorsey and others have used the Hurricanes program to rocket their way to the NFL.

"All those guys were crazy film-watchers and crazy workaholics," said Marve, a 6-foot-1, 205-pound freshman.

Plant coach Robert Weiner said Marve fits right in with that description.

"He is probably the hardest-working person I've ever met in any business, not just football," said Weiner, 43. "When he was on holiday break from UM, he came up and worked out with me for two hours on Christmas Day. We also worked out on New Year's Day.

"There are no holidays with Robert. When I was his high school coach, I knew I had to be ready at any time of the day or night if he wanted to lift weights, throw or go over game film."

All that work has produced a player who is supremely aware of his surroundings.

"Robert is an incredibly accurate passer, can throw it 70 to 75 yards and can run a 4.5 40," Weiner said. "But I think his greatest strength is his knowledge of everything that is happening on the field at every moment. Football is a kinetic game. But because of his awareness, he is able to slide in the pocket or scramble and still make plays."

Weiner said Marve actually benefited from the July 2007 car crash that caused him to miss the season as a medical redshirt. Marve hurt his left (non-throwing) hand in the accident.

"Had he played this past season, I don't know if he would have been completely ready for college football," Weiner said. "Don't get me wrong - he would have competed. But I think that the redshirt ended up being the best thing for him."

Marve rooms with wide receiver Jermaine McKenzie, who was in the same crash and also redshirted.

"We talk about it every day, waiting to get our opportunity to play," Marve said. "But it is what it is. I'm a religious guy, and I believe in God's plan."

The Hurricanes' plan is to have Marve compete for the starting job with three freshmen who have committed to UM: Jacory Harris, Cannon Smith and Taylor Cook. Harris, the most high-profile challenger, and Smith are expected to participate in spring drills. Cook is expected to join the battle in the fall.

Recruiting expert Larry Blustein said Marve has the advantage over Harris, who led Miami Northwestern to a 30-0 record and two state titles the past two years.

"Harris and Marve are about equal in talent," Blustein said. "But Marve is one year ahead in the system. Marve is also probably a bit better throwing on the run.

"But the key will be how each will react to adversity. They both played on excellent high school teams and rarely got touched in the pocket. At UM, the Canes are coming off a 5-7 season. How are these kids going to react to pressure? Harris hasn't faced adversity since he came out of the crib."

But Harris, who was named Florida's Mr. Football, is confident. Skinny at 6-4 and 174 pounds, Harris conceeds that Marve has the edge physically at the moment. But that is all he will concede.

"Robert is a funny character, tells jokes," Harris said. "He is a great person and a good friend. But you can't have any friends on the field. I plan to f!ght for the job. We both promised to outwork each other. But we never downgrade each other."

Marve said he is ready for the challenge.

"I am excited to get back to football," he said. "I love the game. It's my life - football and my family. I just can't wait for The U to be The U again, to be hungry and take whatever we want on the field."
 9 years ago '04        #3283
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Hurricanes fire wide receivers coach Mosely
University of Miami wide receivers coach Marquis Mosely has been relieved of his duties as an a.ssistant coach, two UM sources said in the past 48 hours.

Mosely, 32, came to UM from Northern Illinois before the 2006 season, when he replaced Curtis Johnson, who became an a.ssistant with the New Orleans Saints.

But by the time Johnson left, Miami's receiving corps already was in decline, the talent level slipping considerably.

Mosely did not return calls Monday.

One possible replacement could be Pittsburgh receivers coach Aubrey Hill, 35, who grew up in Miami and played at Carol City High and for the Florida Gators. Hill did not return a phone message.

The past two seasons, UM's passing offense struggled, not only because of poor quarterback play but because receivers couldn't hold on to passes.

''I can't really say why receivers were dropping balls,'' said Darnell Jenkins, UM's top receiver who played his final season in 2007. ``Coach Mosely was a good guy and a good coach. He was kind of laid back but he still showed a lot of passion. I was surprised to hear about it. I thought he was going to be there next season.

``Maybe Coach [ Randy] Shannon was looking for more aggression in a coach. If there was something we needed corrected, Coach Mosely would tell us what we should do differently. But he wasn't the kind of guy who would get in your face.''

In 2005, Johnson's final season, the Hurricanes ranked 71st in the nation in passing offense.

This season, UM ranked 108th of 119 Football Bowl Subdivision teams in passing offense. The Hurricanes were last in the Atlantic Coast Conference.

Jenkins, who will enter this year's draft, led all receivers with 31 catches for 619 yards and two touchdowns. The top returning wide receiver will be junior Sam Shields, who caught 27 passes for 346 yards and three touchdowns.

Mosely wasn't the lead recruiter for the wide receivers expected to sign with UM for next season. Those expected incoming receivers: Miami Northwestern High's Aldarius Johnson and Kendall Thompkins, Miami Booker T. Washington's Davon Johnson and Thearon Collier and Belle Glade Glades Central's Travis Benjamin.

Johnson, 6-2 and 200 pounds, is considered the seventh best receiver in the country, according to Scout.com.

This could be Miami's most talented receivers class in several years.

UM still hasn't replaced defensive coordinator Tim Walton, who also was fired.
 9 years ago '04        #3284
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Good move IMO. Receivers were clearly slipping off and there's no excuse that talent wasnt there. Maybe we did have some underachievers from the coker era (see: Lance Leggett) but that's why we have coaches; to put some character under kids' skins and Mosely wasn't doing that.
 9 years ago '04        #3285
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
The Gators running backs were sorry as fu*k this year. The only RB we had that did anything worthwhile was Harvin and he's a WR. There was obviously a reason Deonte redshirted, coaches know what they are doing. Goddamn I can't wait to see the Gators tear the Canes up next year, and I believe Deonte will play a big part in the offense next year. Tebow won't lock on to Harvin all year this season either, his reads and checks will be far improved and they'll have legit RB's next year and the D can't be anywhere near as sh*tty. Some of y'all are clueless to what's really happening. Y'all are lying your a.ss off if you don't think Florida will sh*t on n*ggas far more often than not for a while, they have talent and they'll start having the experience to match as well. I hate y'all bi*ches man. FSU is far worse though.
 9 years ago '04        #3286
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 1000bluntz said:
The Gators running backs were sorry as fu*k this year. The only RB we had that did anything worthwhile was Harvin and he's a WR. There was obviously a reason Deonte redshirted, coaches know what they are doing. Goddamn I can't wait to see the Gators tear the Canes up next year, and I believe Deonte will play a big part in the offense next year. Tebow won't lock on to Harvin all year this season either, his reads and checks will be far improved and they'll have legit RB's next year and the D can't be anywhere near as sh*tty. Some of y'all are clueless to what's really happening. Y'all are lying your a.ss off if you don't think Florida will sh*t on n*ggas far more often than not for a while, they have talent and they'll start having the experience to match as well. I hate y'all bi*ches man. FSU is far worse though.
Let me son you once again since you're showing up for some more...

I believe Deonte will play a big part in the offense next year.
This is the same thing you said last year when he signed for UF.

Tebow won't lock on to Harvin all year this season either, his reads and checks will be far improved

Right...all Tebow did, besides ramming people acting like a fullback with the ball, and throwing some deep balls against D-IAA teams, was to throw little slants, screens and hooks to Harvin. It pays off when Harvin has the explosiveness that he has. He, himself made those 858 receiving yards, because all he was doing was making people miss and outrunning defenders. It wasn't because Tebow was throwing quality passes to him. Bullsh*t.

...and they'll have legit RB's next year
You got 8 RB's on scholarships. Are you telling us that all 8 RBs are garbage? Get the fu*k outta here. Y'all got as many RBs as Southern Cal does!!. Your 10 rushing yds a game is not those kids' fault, it's Meyer's gameplan that he chooses to give Harvin all the carries, along with the reverses and the screen passes!!

Y'all are lying your a.ss off if you don't think Florida will sh*t on n*ggas far more often than not for a while...
A 9-4 record and a loss to a Big Ten team that lost to a D1AA team in the Capital One bowl in Orlando ( a home game pretty much) is NOT sh*tTING on n*ggas. Escaping Ole Miss by 6 points is NOT sh*tTING on n*ggas. So just, sit ya a.ss down for a moment clown.

I hate y'all bi*ches man.

Don't worry, And i could speak for all my other Hurricane n*ggas. We Hate the gaytors more than any other team. I actually have some respect for FSU. They actually had a dynasty back in the late '90s. And their coach is respectable. Which is something you couldn't say for the snake meyer and fans like you who think UF has been some sort of super power for decades.
 9 years ago '07        #3287
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Cap Peeler said:

Right...all Tebow did, besides ramming people acting like a fullback with the ball, and throwing some deep balls against D-IAA teams, was to throw little slants, screens and hooks to Harvin. It pays off when Harvin has the explosiveness that he has. He, himself made those 858 receiving yards, because all he was doing was making people miss and outrunning defenders. It wasn't because Tebow was throwing quality passes to him. Bullsh*t.

You got 8 RB's on scholarships. Are you telling us that all 8 RBs are garbage? Get the fu*k outta here. Y'all got as many RBs as Southern Cal does!!. Your 10 rushing yds a game is not those kids' fault, it's Meyer's gameplan that he chooses to give Harvin all the carries, along with the reverses and the screen passes!!

A 9-4 record and a loss to a Big Ten team that lost to a D1AA team in the Capital One bowl in Orlando ( a home game pretty much) is NOT sh*tTING on n*ggas. Escaping Ole Miss by 6 points is NOT sh*tTING on n*ggas. So just, sit ya a.ss down for a moment clown.

Don't worry, And i could speak for all my other Hurricane n*ggas. We Hate the gaytors more than any other team. I actually have some respect for FSU. They actually had a dynasty back in the late '90s. And their coach is respectable. Which is something you couldn't say for the snake meyer and fans like you who think UF has been some sort of super power for decades.
Once again 1000bluntz get murdered

5 championships>2 championships
 9 years ago '04        #3288
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Good move IMO. Receivers were clearly slipping off and there's no excuse that talent wasnt there. Maybe we did have some underachievers from the coker era (see: Lance Leggett) but that's why we have coaches; to put some character under kids' skins and Mosely wasn't doing that.
i know it'll never happen, but imagine if we were able to get michael irvin as receivers coach:wow:
i dare you to tell me he wouldnt be able to get any player in the entire nation
its nice to dream:sleepy:
 9 years ago '06        #3289
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
 Cap Peeler said:

[pic - click to view]

yo bluntz just stop homie whens the last time u beat us ????

1985??

BHAHAAAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

we own yall worse than we do FSU

pus*y a.ss mutthafu*kas finally schedule us this year at the swamp

cause they know we weak right now, gator nation gonna commit dat if we pull the upset :hang:

then they scheule us in 2013 :wtf:

what ya heart beating for ????

:rasta:

Last edited by DEDOS; 01-17-2008 at 01:21 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #3290
1000bluntz 
space
space
Y'all n*ggas are in such a huge state of denial. UF lost it's entire fu*king defense last season basically. You can't just improve like a mufu*ka coming off a national title like that. Do you people really believe the bullsh*t y'all be spitting on here. Yeah we have a lot of scholly RB's but obviously they aren't doing the job and the one we were counting on most had a knee injury that kept him out this season (Mon Williams) and Moore, while solid just isn't an SEC caliber back in my opinion right now. If y'all think Tebow will be running the ball all year like he did this season with Moody and Williams in the fold you're fu*king insane. Our running game was good as hell this year, one of the best in the SEC, it was just far as fu*k from traditional because of the lack of RB's contributing. Y'all wanna live in the past so much. We were fu*king 9-4 this year which is garbage and still won like 4 more games than you fu*king hoes, when we had a far, far more tough schedule at that.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 01-17-2008 at 01:38 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #3291
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Y'all n*ggas are in such a huge state of denial. UF lost it's entire fu*king defense last season basically. You can't just improve like a mufu*ka coming off a national title like that. Do you people really believe the bullsh*t y'all be spitting on here. Yeah we have a lot of scholly RB's but obviously they aren't doing the job and the one we were counting on most had a knee injury that kept him out this season (Mon Williams) and Moore, while solid just isn't an SEC caliber back in my opinion right now. If y'all think Tebow will be running the ball all year like he did this season with Moody and Williams in the fold you're fu*king insane. Our running game was good as hell this year, one of the best in the SEC, it was just far as fu*k from traditional because of the lack of RB's contributing. Y'all wanna live in the past so much. We were fu*king 9-4 this year which is garbage and still won like 4 more games than you fu*king hoes, when we had a far, far more tough schedule at that.

1985 right

the gators are on hoe status :rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #3292
1000bluntz 
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
1985 right

the gators are on hoe status :rasta:

Look homie, you will be very saddened when scUM comes to the Swamp next season. Or maybe you already know y'all gon get worked so it won't feel quite as bad.

Damn I don't even really hate on Miami too much, I just hate your fu*king coach. It's funny how everybody thinks everybody else coach a snake .

Y'all know Meyer a damn good coach, don't front.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 01-17-2008 at 02:38 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #3293
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 1000bluntz said:

I just hate your fu*king coach. It's funny how everybody thinks everybody else coach a snake .

Y'all know Meyer a damn good coach, don't front.
u hate our coach cause he locked down south florida

something larry coker failed to do

becides hammond u didnt get shyt from us

we might get buchannon in your territory!!!!

if shannon gets a home visit with a recruit its a wrap

snatched CJ holton from FSU too

and he won a huge battle with the top coaches in the NCAA with arthur brown/bryce brown OOS

WE MOVIN WE MOVIN

:rasta:

Last edited by DEDOS; 01-17-2008 at 03:20 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #3294
1000bluntz 
space
space
I hear there's a lot of smoke that Cookie switched to UF. I hear he's a shy kid so maybe that's why nobody will know til signing day. That could all be lies but it could definitely happen, that's a Gator school to the fullest. And Shannon's home visit didn't wrap up Patchan . Good thing too, we needed that n*gga, once he adds some weight he'll be a beast.
 9 years ago '06        #3295
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
damn when patchan commited to yall he looked like a skinny crackhead

annyways in othere new

bill young is our DC

The Jayhawks finished as the 12th ranked defense in the nation and the No. 4 scoring defense, allowing just 16 points per game.

imagine what this fool is gonna do with the Defense talent we got coming in

:wow:
 9 years ago '05        #3296
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said:
damn when patchan commited to yall he looked like a skinny crackhead

annyways in othere new

bill young is our DC

The Jayhawks finished as the 12th ranked defense in the nation and the No. 4 scoring defense, allowing just 16 points per game.

imagine what this fool is gonna do with the Defense talent we got coming in

:wow:
Yea i just saw that. I dont know much about him but it sounds like hes a good one.
 01-17-2008, 05:05 PM         #3297
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol, ill be praying for you guys

Ex-Hawaii AD to interview for UM job
Posted on Thu, Jan. 17, 2008
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN

The University of Miami athletic director search has a new name in the mix.

Herman Frazier, a former Olympic track star who was fired as athletic director last week by the University of Hawaii, was scheduled to arrive in Coral Gables on Thursday evening and meet with UM officials Friday.

Frazier, 53, won two medals at the 1976 Olympics -- gold in the 4X400 relay, bronze in the 400 meters -- and is a past vice president of the U.S. Olympic Committee. He spent the past six years at Hawaii but was let go amid criticism he didn't do enough to keep football coach June Jones from leaving for Southern Methodist University, where he will reportedly earn $2 million a year.

The Rainbows football team was 12-1 last season and went to the Sugar Bowl.

Frazier is receiving a $312,500 buyout to be released from his contract, which ran through July 2010. If the UM job doesn't work out for Frazier, he is also a candidate to become chief executive officer of USA Track. Craig Masback left that job last week to become director of business affairs for Nike's Global Sports Marketing Division.

Before taking the Hawaii job, Frazier was athletic director at the University of Alabama-Birmingham for two years, and spent 23 years at Arizona State University.

Other candidates who interviewed at UM this week to replace outgoing AD Paul Dee include University of Kentucky deputy athletic director Rob Mullens, who worked at UM early in his career, and University of Washington executive a.ssociate athletic director Jeff Compher.

UM president Donna Shalala met with Army athletic director Kevin Anderson and America East Commissioner Patrick Nero last week, but Anderson said he is staying put and Nero said via e-mail that he is ''no longer involved'' in the search.
 9 years ago '04        #3298
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Jeans&Sneakers said:
lol, ill be praying for you guys

Ex-Hawaii AD to interview for UM job
Posted on Thu, Jan. 17, 2008
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN

they shouldnt even let that cat near campus
 9 years ago '05        #3299
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
 Cap Peeler said:

everytime I come in here I see u shuttin him the fu*k up...
 9 years ago '06        #3300
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
LOL @ Patrick Johnson's test score being flagged. He's not worth the trouble.
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy