squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #4051
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
so collier is out or what?

10 years ago '04        #4052
booie4 
space
space
$5,537 | Props total: 2187 2187
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Wide receiver Jermaine McKenzie will play his first game as a Miami Hurricane this week against Florida State.

McKenzie says he doesn't know when he will get in the game or how much he will play, but he is sure he will get in the game.

"Inside I am very excited, but on the outside I have to keep within my head and stay with the game plan," McKenzie said. "I have no idea how much I will play, but I know when my number is called I will be ready."

McKenzie says he will be playing the Z wide receiver position this week and he expects to be a part of the regular receiver rotation.

"I am going to be on the outside," McKenzie said. "The coaches moved Leonard Hankerson back to the inside because of Thearon Collier. I will be getting reps at the Z position with Khalil, Sam, and Travis Benjamin."

Though McKenzie admits he is "a little" nervous going into this game, he knows this is the moment he has been waiting for.

Though McKenzie has not yet played a game for Miami, he has already been through so much while at UM.

During summer workouts last year, a scary car accident a couple weeks prior to the beginning of fall practices derailed the possibility of McKenzie getting on the field as a freshman.

After receiving high praise from teammates and coaches after his summer workouts he expecting to compete for a starting position as soon as he was healthy. McKenzie was thought to be ready by midseason, but coaches decided it would be in his best interest to keep him out and redshirt him.

McKenzie then sustained a high ankle sprain prior to the mid-spring scrimmage at Traz Powell Stadium and that injury ended up holding him out of the spring game. Then during fall practices of this year, McKenzie sprained a ligament in his knee and he wasn't cleared to play until last week.

With all he has been through, McKenzie is just ready for his UM career to begin.

"I have no pressure on myself going into this game," McKenzie said. "The spotlight is going to be on my and I am one of those players that steps up in big games. The pressure isn't on me at all."

Prior to committing to Miami, McKenzie and quarterback Robert Marve were both committed to play at Alabama. Marve and McKenzie were said to workout together in high school during the offseason and have a special connection.

McKenzie says that he knows Marve will be ready this week for Florida State.

"Robert is the same Robert," McKenzie said. "I talked to him [Wednesday] morning and asked him how he feels going into this game and he says he is more comfortable going into this game than he has ever been his whole life. Robert has a lot of confidence in himself and doesn't put a lot of pressure on himself

10 years ago '04        #4053
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Senior safety Lovon Ponder is now fully healthy and will return to the defense this week and should help bring stability to the UM secondary.

Ponder sustained an undisclosed injury at the beginning of the season that limited his playing time against Charleston Southern and kept him out of UM's next two games.

He was cleared to play against North Carolina, but played just on special teams.

"I am doing much better now," Ponder said. "I had an injury at the beginning of the season and right now I am 100 percent, so I am ready to go. I expect to get a lot more reps on defense this week. I stepped my game up this week in practice and the coaches now have confidence to put me in the game."

Ponder's return means he brings depth and experience back to a secondary that looked shaky at times last week in a 28-24 loss to North Carolina.

During his career at Miami Ponder has started 12 games and totaled four interceptions.

"I can bring a lot of senior leadership on the field when I am in," Ponder said. "I know I can help these young guys what is going on and even the older guys--hopefully I can give a little life back into them."

From what Ponder has seen from the sidelines and in film study, he says the biggest reason the secondary allowed big plays against North Carolina is because all of the defensive backs were caught up in the play-action pass plays.

"Our eyes have been k!lling us on a lot of things," Ponder said. "A lot of the passes we have given up it is because our eyes have been in the backfield. That is something that is easily correctable and we will fix that."

"The main reason why it happens is because guys are trying to make a play too early to get themselves going. You have to be aggressive and smart."

Ponder is regarded as one of the most aware and savvy players on Miami's roster. He always knows little details about his opponent and he talked about what he knows about FSU's receiving corps. Ponder says FSU has a very versatile group of receivers.

"We have played against Greg Carr the last three years and he is a big receiver who is always tough to cover because of his size," Ponder said. "Then they have Surrency and I heard if he came out of JUCO last year and went to the NFL, he would have been a first day draft pick. Then there is Preston Parker who is their every down guy who they give reverses to and try to get the ball in his hands a lot."

Ponder says that this year Florida State will have a different offensive look. FSU has always primarily been a passing team and this year Ponder expects a heavy emphasis on running the ball. FSU currently averages 212 yards per game and is ranked 19th in the country.

"I believe it is because they are playing two young quarterbacks and they need a lot of confidence," Ponder said. "Then they got a senior running back who has played all four years and he can take a lot of pressure off the quarterbacks. They are more of a running team now."

10 years ago '04        #4054
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,231 | Props total: 4271 4271
props booie

i cant wait to see how jermaine mckenzie does.

10-02-2008, 12:00 PM         #4055
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't wait for this game! They better showcase AJ this game and throw some bombs to him. and we know Spence is gonna k!ll it

10 years ago '04        #4056
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
one more day to go. props boobie

10 years ago '04        #4057
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Freshman defensive tackle Marcus Forston will return this week against Florida State after missing the North Carolina game due to a stinger.

Forston has started one game this season for UM and totaled five tackles.

Here Forston discusses his return to the field, what the Miami-FSU rivalry means to him, and more.

How does it feel to be back and healthy this week?

"It feels good to be back. Last week I was hurting on the sidelines. My teammates were out there balling and making plays out there, so I just did whatever it took this week to show Coach Shannon that I am ready."

What was toughest part of being on the sideline?

"That was hard. I think in all my high school years I wasn't hurt. I have never been the guy who looked from the sidelines because of injuries. Being on the sideline, for one of the plays I wanted to run out on the field and be there for my team. It was a new experience for me."

What does playing in this game mean to you and how familiar are you with the rivalry?

"It feels great to play in this game. If you didn't see any other college game growing up, you saw the Miami-Florida State game. The tradition and all the greats that have played in this game on both sides of the ball. I know all the alumnae are going to be tuned in for this game."

"I always saw the games growing up."

After the North Carolina loss, a lot has been made of finishing out games. What does finishing mean to you?

"It is just working hard and giving that second effort and giving it your all when you get on the field. You can tell your teammates you gave it your all and gave 110 percent. You can't let the man down that is next to you."

So is your goal this week going to be to stop the tomahawk chop?

"Oh man, that is something that you have to stop. Once it gets going, it never stops."

10 years ago '04        #4058
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Jacory Harris may not see much time on the field this Saturday against Florida State, but it doesn't mean he doesn't know about the rivalry between the two teams, one he grew up watching.

Regardless of being ranked or not ranked, the game is still big and it will have major implications for the Hurricanes in their chances of getting to the ACC Championship Game.

Another loss could really make it difficult for Miami. A win and they are still in the mix.

"It's going to be always a marquee game. It's two Florida teams going against each other," Harris said. "Florida State is a great team and Miami is always a great team and we have to go out there and make something happen."

One of the things that has been going on this week is the trash talk because of the relationship that many players on both teams have with each other.

"I am sure it will be (a lot of trash talking) because there's a lot of people on this team that know people at Florida state," Harris said.

But it's a big game for the 'Canes for many reasons beyond the fact that it's the 'Canes and 'Noles. It's big for the conference.

"It is an added excitement because it's Miami-Florida State. It's also an ACC game and we need to win our conference games," Harris said. "We need to beat that team right now. That's why it's such a big game."

Harris said he grew up watching highlight films on former FSU Heisman Trophy Charlie Ward.

"I remember when Charlie Ward was playing I would watch highlights of Charlie Ward and he was someone I admired. Coach Bowden has coached some great NFL players and some great college players," Harris said.

He also knows that he will have to be on his toes when he's in the game, whenever that may be.

"FSU is always known for having a good defense, on video games, internet services. They are very aggressive and very fast," Harris said. "We just basically go out there and do the basic things to win a footbal

10 years ago '04        #4059
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Allen Bailey will get his real first taste of the Miami-Florida State rivalry tomorrow.

Sure Bailey traveled to Tallahassee and played on special teams as a true freshman last year, but this year he has the opportunity to make an impact on defense.

"It is a big rivalry game, you know?" Bailey said. "That is what you come here for. Big games like that. The intensity level goes way up compared to a regular game. We are going to give it all that we got for all 60 minutes."

This season Bailey has rotated in at defensive end and played in three games, totaling seven tackles and two tackles for loss.

Bailey missed most of Fall camp with a pectoral injury he sustained in May while lifting weights. According to Bailey, the pectoral injury is no longer an issue and he feels like he is close to being at full health.

"The pectoral isn't really a problem, the brace really helps out," Bailey said. "It will be sore every once in a while, but in games I feel fine I just don't think about it."

One area Bailey says the defensive line has worked to improve this week is creating more penetration through the offensive line and create more of a pass rush.

Miami's defensive line has totaled 3.5 sacks on the year with Eric Moncur leading the unit with two sacks. Bailey says he has seen improvement this week with a focus on rushing the passer.

"We are getting a better pass rush on third and long to help the secondary out," Bailey said. "We are finishing that and getting the defense off the field and give the defense a break."

"We are missing a lot of opportunities to get sacks. We should have all that covered this week. Personally, I need to work on that."

Bailey says this game is big not just because it is a rivalry game, but the outcome will have important implications for the ACC standings. Even though Miami lost to UNC last week, UM is still in the hunt for an ACC Championship.

"We need [a win] bad to kind of give us some intensity," Bailey said. "We need it bad so we are going to go out there and work to get it."

10 years ago '04        #4060
Javon23 301 heat pts301
space
space
$50,091 | Props total: 17887 17887
lets go baby
beat FSU
the U bi*ches!!!!!!!

10 years ago '04        #4061
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
McCarthy out for FSU game

Linebacker Colin McCarthy, one of the heroes of last year's win at Florida State, will not play in Saturday's game against the Seminoles according to a late announcement by the University of Miami's sports information department Friday night.

It's listed as a shoulder injury according to the report. Consider it bad news for Miami, which is already going without starting right tackle Reggie Youngblood (leg) this week. It is, however, an opportunity for freshman linebacker Sean Spence. Look for Spence to start in McCarthy's place. McCarthy ranks third on UM's defense in tackles with 18 this season. Guess it also means Spencer Adkins will see more time at linebacker, as well as true freshman Jordan Futch.
damn that sucks, C-Mac is our special teams ace

oh well, more burn for spence and futch, and hopefully arthur brown sees some time too

10-04-2008, 12:09 AM         #4062
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That does suck for us cause McCarthy is that dude on special teams. On the other hand tho, it'll be great to see the younger guys Futch, Spence and hopefully Arthur Brown get more pt. I just hate seeing #11 covering punts and kicks instead knocking heads off between the tackles.

10 years ago '05        #4063
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
working till noon so i can get some tailgating done..cant wait

10-04-2008, 11:23 AM         #4064
Killa Da Don  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

10 years ago '04        #4065
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
we are making fsu's offense like if they were missouri or something ... and we making ponder look like the next coming of tebow... i'm fu*king pissed dude, this is aggravating

10 years ago '07        #4066
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Marve soph
cooper soph
Benjamin freshman
A.Johnson freshman
collier freshman
ojomo soph
spence freshman
harris(even though he got k!lled) freshman

looking at our teams best players, its all damn freshman and sophmores. Ive never seen a big time program lean on so many young players before and succeed...this team will be amazing in 2-3 years though gurantee it

10 years ago '04        #4067
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
 ttime236 said
Marve soph
cooper soph
Benjamin freshman
A.Johnson freshman
collier freshman
ojomo soph
spence freshman
harris(even though he got k!lled) freshman

looking at our teams best players, its all damn freshman and sophmores. Ive never seen a big time program lean on so many young players before and succeed...this team will be amazing in 2-3 years though gurantee it
thing that sucks is knowing that we could easily be 4-1 right now and 2-0 in conference play....we let these last 2 games slip away:banghead:

but i'm just happy the team hasn't quit in any of their games and have fought til the last whistle. the wins will come, we just gotta stay patient.

10 years ago '07        #4068
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 madness said
thing that sucks is knowing that we could easily be 4-1 right now and 2-0 in conference play....we let these last 2 games slip away:banghead:

but i'm just happy the team hasn't quit in any of their games and have fought til the last whistle. the wins will come, we just gotta stay patient.
thats expected with such young players but your right, the wins will start piling in.....realize these kids are 18 n 19 going up against senior and juniors and some nfl prospects and are still able to hold their own

one thing to add is nix really needs to step his game up or hes out. If he doesnt improve the play calling by the end of the season, i say that shannon should look elsewhere

10 years ago '04        #4069
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
UM football: Travis Benjamin was a one-man wrecking crew

UM's Travis Benjamin was a one-man wrecking crew, accounting for 274 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns against Florida State.

The Blur from Belle Glade made his mark Saturday against Florida State -- just like University of Miami coach Randy Shannon said he would earlier this week.

Unfortunately for the Hurricanes, freshman Travis Benjamin was only on the field for special teams and offense.

Benjamin was the centerpiece in UM's second-half rally against FSU. He got his first career touchdown on an 18-yard run in the third quarter to cut UM's deficit to 24-10. He scored again on a trick play, when he hauled in a 51-yard pass from running back Graig Cooper to cut FSU's lead to 31-22. He also had kickoff returns of 57, 42 and 29 yards and finished with 274 all-purpose yards.

None of it felt any good, though, after a wet, wild and disappointing 41-39 loss.

''I played my best. I played real good, but I was still hoping and wishing we'd come out with the win,'' Benjamin said. "Whatever I did doesn't matter unless we win. There are no good feelings after a game like this.''

No good feelings, but maybe there is hope for a team looking for a bright spot after falling to 2-3 overall and 0-2 in the Atlantic Coast Conference. Benjamin, who has the Hurricanes' fastest time in the 40-yard dash (4.29), provided life for UM nearly every time he touched the football. And he left teammates, who often have compared him to former Canes great Devin Hester, wondering what will happen if he gets more chances to handle the ball.

''This guy seems like he just kind of came in a couple days ago. But he's full on now,'' said quarterback Robert Marve, who completed three passes to Benjamin for 71 yards. "There were a couple times on special teams where I said, "They got that fool." Then, he poked his head around the corner. It's like he runs a 3.9.

"He looked great. He's the type of guy we need to keep getting the ball to. It's going to be interesting to see what he turns into when he's here for a couple years instead of a couple of days.''

Benjamin, a cousin of former Hurricane Alphonso Marshall, said he has never spoken to Hester. He doesn't mind the comparison -- or getting more involved in UM's offense.

''Maybe I needed a game like this because people thought I was only good on special teams,'' Benjamin said. "I knew I was good on special teams, but I'm also very good on offense too. Every time I'm on the field I feel like I can't be stopped.'

10 years ago '05        #4070
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
man i wasnt even mad last night bout the game....got fu*king soaked last night, contacts fell out cuz of the rain...my blackberry got fu*ked up...my sb blazers got fu*ked and prolly are ruined due to all the fu*king puddles in the stadium....im more pissed off at the rain that the game...oh yea and dolphins stadium sucks as a stadium

10 years ago '04        #4071
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
Miami starting LB McCarthy out for season

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP)—Miami linebacker Colin McCarthy will miss the remainder of the season because of a shoulder injury.

Miami coach Randy Shannon said Sunday that McCarthy, who has had ongoing shoulder problems since high school, suffered his latest injury in practice last week.

McCarthy did not play in Miami’s 41-39 loss to Florida State on Saturday. Before getting injured, McCarthy was the Hurricanes’ third leading tackler this season.

Also Sunday, Shannon said defensive end Eric Moncur’s status for the remainder of the season is unknown because of a leg injury.

Moncur had sports hernia surgery over the summer, and has been bothered by a leg injury not related to the hernia—plus is still dealing with the death of his his 42-year-old mother, who succumbed to cancer last month. He left the field briefly on Saturday to be checked in the locker room, came back into the game for part of the second quarter, but didn’t play again after halftime.

“I told him, ‘I love you to death, but I can’t do this to you. We can’t do this to you. You can’t do this to yourself. You just got to shut it down. We’ll send you to a specialist, whatever we need to do. Right now you’re not going to be able to help us this season,”’ Shannon said.
our already-weakened defense takes another blow

put arthur brown in, who cares how many mistakes he makes. its not like the defense can get any worse than it already is

10 years ago '05        #4072
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,401 | Props total: 9 9
yall any denial...with this let it slip away talk....we let you back in it...u werent everthere....FSU ran yall

10-05-2008, 07:16 PM         #4073
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CO Butta said
yall any denial...with this let it slip away talk....we let you back in it...u werent everthere....FSU ran yall
FSU fans delusional as always. If you think you even gonna do anything this year. You blew it when you were ranked for beating two DII teams.

10 years ago '04        #4074
booie4 
space
space
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Randy Shannon met with reporters on Sunday morning following the 41-39 loss to Florida State on Saturday afternoon.

Shannon watched the game film and talked about various topics.

NEWS & NOTES

? The turning point of the game according to Shannon was the penalty on wide receiver Sam Shields for illegal substitution on first and goal from the four yard line. "I thought definitely we were going to score because we had the momentum going," Shannon said. "If we score we go up and Florida State has a different mentality."

? Shannon said he "had no idea" why Shields ran into the game in that spot. "He is never in that personnel group. He is not second team, third team, or fourth team. He had no idea he is not in that personnel group."

? Last year at this point, Miami was 4-1. Though UM has a record of 2-3 right now, Shannon says he still feels like this year's team is better than last year's team. With two close losses in the last two weeks, Shannon says he feels like the team is very close to getting to where they need to be. "Losing is hard and we don't accept losing," Shannon said. "Am I proud of those young guys f!ghting and coming back in the fourth quarter? Yes, I am very proud of them. Every week it seems like we are that close to flipping it to get where we are going."

"We can't baby you and say it is going to be ok. It is not going to be ok. We are going to keep pushing and try to get everything we can out of you. The coaching staff has to do everything they can to get the players in those situations."

? The biggest thing Miami can take from the past two weeks is learning from their mistakes and not allowing them to occur again. "You learn from mistakes," Shannon said. "When you get close in a game and have a chance to win it, you can't cost yourself."

? Wide receiver Travis Benjamin is already drawing attention from defenses and Shannon said it is important to have him in the game as much as possible even if he isn't the primary receiver because of the attention he draws.

? Shannon on the similarities between Travis Benjamin and Devin Hester: "They are very comparable, but Travis is probably faster than Devin. When Hester came into his own, he was about 195 pounds. Travis is probably about 165 soaking wet."

"He is just flat out fast. When you watch him, he just goes. He just out-runs everybody to the edge. Remember what Santana was like? He was just fast and Travis is a fast kid."

? Freshman linebacker Sean Spence started his first game at Miami and led the team with 10 tackles and scored on an interception return. Shannon said he was impressed by his ability to make that scoring play. "That shows that hey we have a freshman again putting us in a situation to win the game."

? Because Miami got down by 14 early in the game, Shannon said the offense had to abandon the running game. Running back Graig Cooper finished the game with 16 yards on seven carries.

? The key to getting back in the game was the special teams play with the long returns by Travis Benjamin and the pressure that they got on FSU's punt team to cause botched snaps.

? Shannon said FSU quarterback Christian Ponder was able to break free for long runs because of defensive busts that occurred. "We had busts on simple things that we have been running all year," Shannon said. "I think they got a little fatigued and they stopped thinking. As coaches we have to do a better job of identifying that in practice and getting it corrected. It is us as coaches who have to get that corrected."

? One of the problems Shannon saw from the defense was the secondary trying to arm tackle the FSU ball carriers and that allowed too many yards after contact. "That is a big key point," Shannon said. "We are making contact, but we aren't bringing guys down."

? Freshman cornerback Brandon Harris had a tough game according to Shannon, but he will continue to have confidence in Harris the rest of the season. "It was tough and Brandon and he is a true freshman, but we have to give him an opportunity," Shannon said. "He had a rough day, but if we don't put him in those situations then we won't know if he can be successful. You have to throw him into the fire and see what he can do."

? Miami did not record a sack against FSU Saturday. "If we don't correct that, then it is going to be a long season for us," Shannon said. "This week we are going to work on third down offense and third down defense."

? Shannon said his two greatest needs they are addressing in recruiting this year is offensive line and defensive backs. "We need corners bad. On the offensive line you got a chance to lose every offensive tackle except one and you have Ben Jones who is redshirting this year. We think Ben Jones is going to be a good player for us at tackle."

? Running back Javarris James "might be ready to go" this week against Central Florida Shannon said. A decision likely won't be made until the end of the week after James does more running on his ankle.

? Kicker Matt Bosher had one of the best games of his career against Florida State and Shannon believes it was because he limited his kicking reps during the week of practice leading up to the game. Shannon said Bosher and Jake Wieclaw were competing for the kickoff job and Bosher won the job as a game time decision.

? Wide receiver Jermaine McKenzie did not play in the Florida State game. Shannon said he will try to work McKenzie into the Central Florida game and he may see reps in the slot.

10 years ago '04        #4075
booie4 
space
space
Randy Shannon

On the offense...
"Offensively, we couldn't get the run game going. We kind of struggled with that early in the game. We gave the ball to [Graig] Cooper early, but we couldn't get the run game cranked up the way we needed to. Our passing game started off sharp and crisp. They were doing a lot of good things. Then they started picking up blitzes and we made some big plays off of that."

On the defense...
"Defensively, we weren't able to hold them consistently. We got them to third down a lot of times, but then we couldn't get off the field."

On the last scoring drive for FSU...
"I thought the last drive that Florida State scored on was a great call. We had two guys find the quarterback. The guys just miscommunicated and [Antone] Smith broke free. The call was to man everybody up and double the quarterback, but Smith came free."

On special teams...
"The special teams were tremendous. I thought that was the one phase of the game that kept us in it and gave us the opportunity to win. Special teams is the thing that you always say gives you the chance to win the game. That was the one phase we felt going into the game we had the opportunity to capitalize on. We did and it almost gave us a chance to win this game."

On the team...
"Do we have a long ways to go? Yeah, I think so because we've got to win the game. I'm not going to make excuses for it. We're going to coach these guys hard. We're going to get these guys back to where they need to be. We're going to teach these guys what it takes to win and finish the game."

On what he told his players...
"I told them when you have an opportunity to come back in that sense, you can't just break down and have one mental lapse."

Robert Marve

On the loss...
"Obviously it was a tough loss to be in a situation where you feel like you have the edge to come back so strong. We didn't job out the gate like we wanted to, but in the second half we gave it all we got and fell just short."

On the effectiveness of FSU's pass rush...

"I probably just held onto the ball too long."

On the effect the rain had on the game
"Normally you can get your thumb on the ball and get pretty good control of the ball, but when the ball is soaked, sometimes the ball rises. If I put the ball in better position, Hankerson probably catches a touchdown, but the ball felt funny out of my hand."

Sean Spence

On what this loss feels like...
It is very disappointing. It feels like somebody stabbed me in the heart. We put in a lot of hard work. We practice hard and then we come out here and lose. It hurts. We just have to stay calm and keep being positive.

On the defense giving up too many touchdowns in the red-zone...
"We have to improve our red-zone defense. There is no way to hide that. We have to bow up and play hard."

On what happened on FSU's final touchdown...
"We had a blitz called and we expected the pass. They slipped the draw on us and we didn't execute."

On FSU quarterback Christian Ponder...
"He is a great quarterback. He is tough and runs hard. You have to really wrap him up to bring him down. He surprised me."

On how disheartening it was to allow 11-of-17 third downs for first downs...
"It is very hard because we call third down our money down. We try to get off the field and get the ball back to our offense. For some reason we just couldn't get it done today."

Adewale Ojomo

On his fumble recovery...
"I ran straight up the field and I saw the exchange between the running back and the quarterback and I hit the running back as soon as he got the ball and I caused the fumble and recovered it."

On not getting off the field with third and longs as a defense...
"It is just something we have to work on and get better at as far as pass rushing goes.

On if he was surprised the defense couldn't stop Ponder...
"Yeah, because he is not a very mobile guy as far as speed goes, but he got the job done today."

Bruce Johnson

On not being able to stop FSU on third down...
"We just have to keep f!ghting. Third and long, they are getting first downs and that is not good at all. It is kind of frustrating, but you have to put in the past and move on to the next play. You just have to keep f!ghting."

On why FSU quarterback Ponder was able to have a big rushing day
"To be honest with you, we were not playing a.ssignment football at the beginning. We came into halftime and made some adjustments and I feel like we did slow him down a little bit more in the second half. If we had come out and played fast in the first half, it wouldn't have been an issue."

On if he was surprised by how fast Ponder was as a runner
"I wouldn't say I was surprised. Any time somebody comes down to Miami, they are going to play like they are a Heisman candidate. I wasn't surprised because every week we play somebody and they try to go off and do good. It is on us as a defense to buckle down and do our job."

Jason Fox

On picking up Florida State's blitzes...
"It was kind of rough. Some times it felt like we were picking it up and then some times they would make a big play and Rob and Jacory were on the ground. I don't know where exactly it came from and we could have done a better job of picking it up."

On his touchdown at the end of the game...
"I was already gasping for air and we called the play. Coach Nix texted me in the middle of the week that we will score on the tackle throwback. I have been begging him to run it ever since he got the job. He did run it and it was successful and it is too bad we came up short."

On coming close to winning again at the end...
"Losing hurts. You can't really say this and that when the bottom line is that it is a loss. I am really happy with guys f!ghting until the end. If we would have done a better job at the beginning of the game, we wouldn't have had to make those plays at the end to win it."

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cassie Offers Savage Update Following Diddy Break-Up
46 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This is the exact play no one is talking about that actually started the L..
38 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Pusha T in June HINTED to DRAKE on Drink Champs Who 'THE SOURCE" Was
50 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is Chamillionaire low key the most financially savy rapper ever?
124 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NFL Cowboys get WR Amari Cooper
112 comments
13 minutes ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Ingram speaks on suspension
22 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LiAngelo Ball has s3x tape with a tr@nny. #BBB #BallControl
173 comments
14 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside This B!tch Might Be Retarded
12 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Here is our very first look at BANE in GOTHAM Season 5
48 comments
3 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson requests to be traded
43 comments
1 hour ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Curly Head Killa juggs galore👀
7 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Rae Carruth has been released from prison after 17 years
83 comments
3 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
OutKast was never really accepted in the Hip Hop community
47 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Masaai tribe roll in on 15 lions...
10 comments
3 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I Think Pusha T is Assed Out in This Beef
84 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This my type
4 comments
2 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside WELL DAMN...40 GLOCC Starts A GoFundMe For THE GAME So Their House Do..
38 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside I’m a young king I might fu-k Alexis Texas/but I’m not on no drake sh-t..
21 comments
3 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Wonder Woman 1984 Release Date Pushed Back To 2020
6 comments
2 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 22 - Two Native American Geneticists Explain Outrage Over Elizabet..
38 comments
2 hours ago
@news
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
micropave
DATKIDD121
Lord God
2Cold
StillNigga
Cowboywiz
Proffesor X
Jeavila1014
Pleasure Boy
Spot Rusherz
Top 10 most slapped recently
chef12
blah blah blah
BuyGold
Monkey Nuts
Flippa Huxtable
suavehooper
ElQueHablaSucio
theFREAK
Spot Rusherz
micropave

most viewed right now
online now  42
What’s The Worst Lie A Woman Has Ever Told You?
180 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  42
Image(s) inside LA Legend Nipsey Hussle ALMOST JUMP INTO THE LAKERS MALEE BRAWL FIGHT ..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  35
Image(s) inside Sticking My Finger In Her A** Like It’s Rondo’s Face
65 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  34
Video inside after 20 years tchina arnold talks about the drama on martin
105 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  18
Oct 20 - This is Like a Ad for the Border Wall
118 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  15
50 cent taking shots at Ashanti
96 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  13
Oct 21 - Trump: Middle Class Tax Cuts Before November... Forreal this time!
55 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Did YouTube go down last week to erase a livestream of an object hittin..
67 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
 Closes in 3 hours - NBA: Orlando at Boston - 7:30 PM
 Closes in 3 hours - NBA: Charlotte at Toronto - 7:30 PM
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy