Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-06-2006, 05:09 PM         #301
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
December 6, 2006

"I still have time -– if I get a Miami offer then I'll definitely go there," McKenzie said.
:rasta:
 12-06-2006, 05:10 PM         #302
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
6'1 4.4 speed... Great Kick returner.. GIVE THIS KID AN OFFER.. Im telling you we need get that Texas Tech guy.. I mean he really will get WR's and QB's to wanna come to Miami.... Plus with our speed..
 12-07-2006, 04:45 PM         #303
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 7, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Publisher

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

If West Virginia Coach Rich Rodriguez is playing his courtship by Alabama and Miami for leverage on a better deal in Morgantown, then he is doing a good job of it.

That's because appearances are that the Hurricanes and Crimson Tide are locked in a knock-down, drag-out battle to win the heart of the Mountaineers coach.

Bama got a head start on Tuesday when athletic director Mal Moore interviewed Rodriguez in New York and then Thursday offered him a contract. Wednesday Paul Dee jumped into the fray and ESPN is reporting that Dee was told to have a contract proposal ready for when he opened talks with Rodriguez on Thursday.

CaneSport reported on Monday that UM officials have known for several days that Rodriguez had an interest in the Miami opening. What is not known is the level of Rodriguez' sincerity. If it is real, Rodriguez just might end up as Miami's next head coach. If not, he will stay at West Virginia or end up at Alabama.

Meanwhile, school officials at West Virginia are working overtime these days to convince Rodriguez to reject the Miami and Alabama offers and remain in Morgantown.

"We want him to stay," Pastilong said in a phone interview with the AP. "He's the one that can make that call. We're hoping it continues.

"We want to make sure Rich has the resources so that he can recruit well, so that his student-athletes can condition and train well, and we also want to have the facilities in place so that people who come to our games are comfortable. And we've been fortunate to be able to accommodate those situations."

According to the report, funds needed to upgrade facilities would have to come from private donors. Ironically, Miami is in a similar situation of needing to upgrade its existing facilities.

"There are some situations there that Rich would like improved and we're going to improve them," Pastilong said. "That project's going very good. It's on track and I'm pleased to say that will be done in the near future."

About half of the funds for the $2 million study center have been raised. Fundraising for the $4 million locker room renovations, which include a redesign and expansion, is just getting started, Pastilong said.

The university recently installed new turf in its indoor football facility and in October opened a 3,000-square-foot area dedicated to the history of Mountaineer football.

The turf at Milan Puskar Stadium, installed in 2002, will also be replaced next spring with a more updated version. Also, about 350 club-level seats are being added to the stadium as "part of our expansion and opportunities to generate revenues to continue the facility improvement," Pastilong told the AP.

A sticking point is the seven-year, $8.65 million contract Rodriguez signed five months ago that has a $2 million buyout. Miami was reportedly prepared to pay Greg Schiano $2 million a year.

It is unknown whether the University is willing to spend a significant amount of money on a buyout, especially when weighed against the significantly lower cost of hiring Randy Shannon who would come with no buyout and a significantly lower salary.
 10 years ago '04        #304
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Northwestern High football player arrested in s3x case
BY MANNY NAVARRO and PETER BAILEY

Three men, including a star member of Northwestern Senior High's football team, were arrested and charged with lewd and lascivious battery this afternoon by Miami police.

Miami police detectives said they arrested Antwain Easterling, 19, and two other men -- a 16-year-old and Jefferson Vincent Shannon, 24 -- after receiving a complaint of ``improper s3xual conduct between a young lady and several men.''

Police did not disclose any further information about the alleged incident, though they did describe the encounters as ``consensual.''

Earlier, police confirmed that the victim was 14 years old.

It's unclear if others are involved, but police said they are continuing their investigation.

Easterling, who is scheduled to play for the Class 6A state championship on Saturday night, was released from jail on bond Thursday, according his father, Enifel Joseph.

Joseph told The Miami Herald that he and his son would meet with Northwestern football coach Roland Smith on Friday.

Smith and Northwester Athletic Director Greg k!llings deferred comment to the school principal, Dwight Bernard, who declined comment until the investigation is complete.

Northwestern, the top-ranked team in the state, faces Lake Brantley on Saturday in the Class 6A state championship game.
 10 years ago '04        #305
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
antwain, antwain, antwain :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 10 years ago '04        #306
space
space
Antwain Easterling is a running back for Northwestern High School, which has the No. 1 high school football team in the state.
Click here to find out more!

Easterling is accused of s3xual misconduct involving a 14-year-old girl who also attends Northwestern. Two other men were also arrested in connection to this case.

"She's named as the victim even though it was consensual because of her age," Herminia Salas of the Miami Police Department said.

Easterling was questioned on Thursday morning and later booked in Miami's main jail. Police said a 24-year-old man was also arrested in the case and several others were being questioned.

"He is not the only person involved in the situation," Salas said. "There are other persons who we are interviewing regarding this particular case."

"I don't know anything about it right now man," Easterling's father Enifel Joseph said.

"I don't feel it's true," a member of Easterling's family said.

The Northwestern High School football team plays in the Class 6A state championship this Saturday against Altamonte Springs Lake Brantley.

Copyright 2006 by NBC6.net. All rights reserved.
 12-07-2006, 07:46 PM         #307
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn my n*gga, 14 years old? Three n*gga's with you? Come the fu*k on, you got to much talent for this bullsh*t...
 10 years ago '04        #308
space
space
on the news this said this girls has been with atleast 10 n*ggas...

she get around
 10 years ago '04        #309
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Channel 7 here in Miami just announced Randy Shannon is gonna be named head coach tomorrow
 10 years ago '04        #310
space
space
Defensive coordinator to become new head coach
By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com

Miami didn't look far for a coach to rebuild its struggling football program. Randy Shannon, the Hurricanes' defensive coordinator the last six seasons, has agreed to a four-year contract to become the school's new head coach, a source close to Shannon said Thursday night.

The source said Shannon was offered the job on Thursday and accepted later in the day. Financial terms weren't immediately known, but Shannon's annual salary is believed to be more than $1 million per season.

A Miami official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, also confirmed the hiring.

Shannon, a popular former player and longtime a.ssistant, becomes only the sixth African-American coach in Division I-A football.

Shannon replaces Larry Coker, who was fired Nov. 24, the day after the Hurricanes upset Boston College 17-14 to salvage a 6-6 season.

Coker had a 59-15 in six seasons at Miami and won the national championship in his first season in 2001. Miami lost to Ohio State 31-24 in double overtime in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, which cost the Hurricanes a second straight national championship.

Shannon, who has been Miami's defensive coordinator since 2001, is considered a safe hire for the financially strapped athletics department. A native of Miami, Shannon was a linebacker on the Hurricanes' 1987 national championship team and has been a longtime a.ssistant at the school.

Shannon, 40, began working at Miami as a graduate a.ssistant in 1991 and left to work for the Miami Dolphins from 1998 to 2000. He returned to his alma mater to join Coker's staff in 2001.

Shannon has long been regarded one of the country's top defensive coordinators and is well-liked by players. The Hurricanes ranked fifth in Division I-A in total defense this season, allowing 252.1 yards per game, and was third in rushing defense, surrendering only 66 yards per game.

Shannon was considered a viable candidate to replace his former boss from the beginning of the search. The Hurricanes targeted Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as their top choice, but the former Miami defensive coordinator told athletic director Paul Dee on Monday that he wasn't interested in the job.

It is believed the Hurricanes also talked with Texas Tech coach Mike Leach, who expressed interest in the job, and requested permission to interview West Virginia coach Rich Rodriguez, who is in contract negotiations to become Alabama's new coach.

Shannon had lenghty interviews with Miami president Donna Shalala throughout the day Thursday, and she and Miami board of trustee members agreed Shannon was their choice. Shannon met with Dee and Shalala in New York on Tuesday.

The school is expected to announce Shannon's hiring at a press conference Friday morning.

Mark Schlabach covers college football and men's college basketball for ESPN.com.
 10 years ago '04        #311
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
Congrats Coach Shannon....One of The Highest Profile Black Head Coaches Out There now.
 12-07-2006, 09:13 PM         #312
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The U

:rasta:

we movin !!!!

damnnnnnnnnit easterling
 12-08-2006, 01:10 PM         #313
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 12-08-2006, 01:38 PM         #314
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
December 8, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

To the casual observer, Randy Shannon is a quiet, reserved and intense coach.

But, when talking with high school coaches he deals with regularly, it's a whole different story.

Joe Zaccheo is among coaches who have dealt personally with Shannon that say his hiring is huge for UM.
"Randy Shannon, a lot of people perceive him as a very quiet, reserved, business-like guy," said Pace High School coach Joe Zaccheo, who recently stepped down as head coach after almost 40 years coaching. "Randy is a very personable guy in the recruiting end. I've personally seen him sit and talk with kids, and it's almost a different side people don't get to see with Randy. He's a no-BS type of guy, yet he comes across very family-like. He is business-like in that he covers all the details, but he does it in a very friendly, warm manner. Everyone perceives him as a quiet, reserved guy, but he's as personable as anybody else I've seen. I've seen Randy match [outspoken former Cane coach] Art Kehoe's enthusiasm."

Gulliver Prep defensive coordinator Ron Butler recalls how Shannon closed the deal with current Cane Eric Houston –- Butler was coaching at Coral Reef at the time.

"Eric was thinking about taking a Florida State visit," Butler said. "Well, coach Shannon gave me a call, said, `Listen, I want you to look at my track record, the guys we have playing linebacker, and it speaks for itself.' He came into Eric's home, and after that Eric told me, `Listen, I'm not going to visit Florida State. I'm going to Miami.'"

Houston committed to the Canes shortly afterward.

"If you need someone to close the deal, he's going to be the guy to close it because No. 1 he's honest, and No. 2 he has a great track record," Butler said. "The kids listen to him and trust what he has to say."

One area coach -- Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas coach George Smith –- spoke with Shannon this morning.

Smith says he considers himself "very good friends" with Shannon.

"I called him, left a message and he called back two minutes later," Smith said. "I asked what we could do to help him. We were just laughing about some things.

"I think it's a great hire. You chase [other coaching candidates] all over the place, but you have a great guy right in your backyard. They'll be very pleased with what they've done."

Smith also spoke with UF coach Urban Meyer this morning: "He was very excited about Randy being the head coach," Smith said. "He thinks they did the right thing by hiring him."

Area high school coaches reached by CaneSport were unanimous in their support of Shannon as UM's new head coach.

A sample:

"I think it's one of the smartest things Miami has done in a long time, hiring Randy," Zaccheo said. "I've talked to a lot of local coaches down here, and I don't know anyone that's ever had a bad word to say about Randy Shannon. I think it's a major, major plus that they gave Randy the opportunity. I think he's going to do very well."

Miami Booker T Washington coach Tim Harris said, "It's tremendous hire. He's going to bring a kid in and make it feel like a family. He gets close to the athlete as well as the parents, so you feel good when you send your kid off to UM. You know your kid will be taken care of, looked after with him. That gives you that sense of feeling good.

"This is an excellent hire. I just wonder why it took so long. He's great and perfect for the job and the University of Miami, the community, the City of Miami and all of South Florida. It's a great, great, great move."

Smith said, "Randy is an excellent recruiter, plus he's a very, very smart person. He believes in the University of Miami, and that's what they need. This guy has been around, is a home guy."

Coral Gables High School coach Joe Montoya [who coached Shannon's son, Xavier, and sent Jon Vilma, Frank Gore and Darryl Sharpton to Miami] said, "Without a doubt I think he's going to do a tremendous job. He has so many people he knows, and they know him. He's well-known in the community, all over Dade County. I'm happy for him. I know he works hard. He's done a lot for me here at school opening the door, giving us advice, anything we needed in football and just talking. He's been very helpful. He's always been a guy you can ask for advice or help and has always been there for that.

"He's a disciplinarily type of guy, runs the program tough. Talking with Jon and Sharpton, those two kids loved him. They have tremendous respect for him. They come back, say `Coach knows the game, knows how to prepare us.'"

Nigel Dunn, who coaches Shannon's high school alma mater at Norland [where Shannon's No. 56 jersey was retired last year], said of the hire that, "First of all, Randy has proven himself as a great football coach. That's a great thing. He's also one of our big leaders in our community. Anytime someone asks of his time, he's always there. So therefore the high school coaches are going to support him because he's always been there. He grew up in this community. And one thing about him: He's a gentleman. When he speaks to you, you know it's honest. I think they made a great decision to hire him.

"If they didn't give him the job they probably would have lost me [as a UM proponent]."

South Miami High School coach Eric Washington, who spent 13 years as a defensive a.ssistant/coordinator before being promoted to head coach this year, said of Shannon that, "I think he definitely understands the South Florida athletes because he's one himself. All of my dealings with him in the past have been all positive. I know for a fact that kids love playing for him. He's just a great guy. He goes out of his way to help you with anything. I've been to several University of Miami coaching clinics, and I've enjoyed listening to him speak about the defensive schemes they run. I think it was a great hire for the University of Miami.

"This might help them not lose kids to Florida State, because they lost a couple to Florida State last year. In the past, kids didn't know Miami was interested in them until the last minute. I don't know why, but we've had big-time kids in the past and they commit to other schools before they even know Miami is interested. Hopefully that will change under Randy Shannon."

Butler added, "He has a great rapport as far as the community. I couldn't think of a better person for the job."

A common thread high school coaches point to when it comes to Shannon: His willingness to give them pointers.

That's something coaches from other schools only rarely do.

"We just sit down and talk about schemes -- he kind of helps me improve on my knowledge of the game," Butler said. "Coaches don't really do that, but Randy is the type of guy that will grab you: `Come on, let's get up on the board and talk about what you're doing.' He does a hell of a job."

Shannon has earned a reputation as a tireless recruiter.

"Randy's very visible around here, comes around probably three, four, five times a year," Zaccheo said. "Randy is very active in recruiting."

When asked if he sees Shannon as someone who could lock up South Florida recruits for the Canes, Smith said, "I would think so. I've known Randy many years. Randy does his homework, knows what he wants and what he's looking for. He has a good demeanor dealing with kids in what he has to sell and offer. Randy wants an all-around [recruit] -- when they get out of there he wants them educated and learning the lessons of life."

Montoya added, "Coach Shannon looks at the things that are important, the little things. When he came by it was evaluation of film, checking up on grades, getting the film that would help. He would go to games to see kids. We'd see him at different events that were going on -- we'd scout Homestead and Southridge, and he'd be there. He's always around to show support for the kids he's recruiting. He's always around, looking at kids and evaluating and checking up on who is going to come to the university."

A potential benefit for Shannon as the recruiting wars heat up: He is now the nation's most high profile black coach.

"In some instances that's going to help," Dunn said. "We need more black leadership in Divison I football. Not to knock any other coaches, but if you're telling me it's 2006 and out of all these schools you only have six qualified black leaders as coaches you're sening a bad messag. The University of Miami did a great job by hiring Randy Shannon. It shows they're trying to set a standard. I'm really proud of the University of Miami for that."

Zaccheo added, "In today's society a high profile black coach has got to help in the rapport of recruiting black athletes. But I've never perceived Randy as anything but a guy -- black, white, Hispanic, Randy relates to all people quite well."
 12-08-2006, 01:39 PM         #315
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dade is officially on LOCK DOWN
 10 years ago '04        #316
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space

Hialeah defensive end commits to UM, Shannon
By MANNY NAVARRO

The decision to hire Randy Shannon as coach already has begun paying dividends for the University of Miami.

Hialeah senior Adewale Ojomo, ranked No. 28 among defensive ends in the country by Rivals.com, committed to the Hurricanes this morning after learning Shannon would be named coach.

Ojomo (6-3, 217) had named UM as a finalist along with the University of Pittsburgh and had previously said he would pick Miami if Shannon stayed with the team
 10 years ago '04        #317
space
space
^^^

rakim anything on Adewale Ojomo???????
 12-08-2006, 01:59 PM         #318
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
Dade is officially on LOCK DOWN
 10 years ago '04        #319
space
space
his son played at gables when i was there, and he use to always talk sh*t bout his dad.....
 10 years ago '04        #320
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Randy Shannon said he wanna lock everything down from the Panama to Key West
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago