Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3161
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0

December 26, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Ocean Springs (MS) High School receiver DeAndre Brown is being recruited by Cane coach Joe Pannunzio.

"I have a Miami offer," the 6-foot-6, 225-pounder said. "He talked about me taking a visit, but we haven't made anything official. He told me I'm another receiver they're trying to get, that they want me to come in and play as a freshman, get me the ball and touchdowns."

Brown has hosted Pannunzio at his school.

"I like him - he's a real cool guy," Brown said.

Brown plans other visits to LSU, Florida, Ole Miss and Texas Tech.

Of what he knows about the Canes, he said, "I know it's a winning tradition, they put a lot of guys in the NFL, do a lot of hard work, things like that."

Brown had 1800 all-purpose yards as a senior - he had over 700 receiving yards with 15 touuchdowns. On defense he had 64 tackles and three interceptions.

Brown says for now he doesn't have any clear frontrunners.

"Because of all the coaching changes I'm sitting back to see what happens," he said.
 9 years ago '04        #3162
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
December 26, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami Booker T Washington High School WR and Cane commitment Davon Johnson is keeping close tabs on how the Hurricane recruiting class is shaping up.

And he likes what he sees.

"They bring in guys like Travis Benjamin, that means I'll have good competition and better myself," Johnson said. "Anywhere you go there's going to be competition. Nothing is handed to you. You have to work at it."

Johnson has been to some camps with Benjamin, who is the latest receiver commitment, and says "He's a talented kid, has exclusive moves – he can catch the ball and they don't know if he'll run past them or shake them."

Johnson has maintained regular contact with Cane coaches.

"I try to talk to (receivers coach Marques) Mosely every week," Johnson said. "He talks about the future, future life."

Johnson sees great things in the future for himself and Miami.

He finished his senior year with 30 receptions for over 800 yards with 10 touchdowns. He also returned kicks and punts – he had two punt and two kick returns for touchdowns this season.

"I'm thinking I'll return kicks at Miami," Johnson said.

Johnson said he and his teammates haven't set up their official visit date to UM yet.

Of undecided teammate Brandon Harris, he says, "I'm not trying to recruit him - it's his choice of what will be good for his life."

* Johnson says he is qualified with a 950 SAT score and 2.8 grade-point average.
 12-26-2007, 11:32 PM         #3163
Tex-Seminole 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #3164
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Tex-Seminole said:

[pic - click to view]

Hot, too bad you aint touching that

5 championships>>>>>2 championships
Miami>>>Tallahassee
The U>>FSU

9 years ago '04        #3165
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
December 26, 2007

David Folse II
TigerBait.com
The nation's top prep cornerback is still saying that he is a commitment to the University of Miami.

However, he is still listening to other schools.

Ely High School and Rivals.com five-star cornerback Patrick Johnson talked to
TigerBait.com Staff Writer David Folse II on Wednesday afternoon to answer a few questions.

Your thoughts on the recruiting class that Hurricanes Head Coach Randy Shannon is putting together? At the moment (Dec. 26th) is rated 4th in the nation by Rivals.com.

"I am excited about the other players that they are bringing in. We are going to have the chance to be a special team in the years to come. I can't wait to get there and I can't wait for Signing Day and to just get it done."

Are you helping Miami recruit other top prep players to come and join you in Coral Gables?

"Exactly. You can never have too many good players in your program so if the coaching staff asks me to do that, then that is what I am doing."

Do you feel like you will be apart of the resurgence of Hurricane football and do you hope you can help bring Miami back to the glory days of the past?

"I want to help put them back on the map, plain and simple. I want to help get them (Miami) back to where they were when they didn't lose a lot of football games."

How do you deal with the other schools that are still calling you and recruiting you?

"You have to listen to what they have to say because you never know what you could fall back on because you never know what could happen. You have to have a back-up plan. You just don't leave the other coaches alone, you ask the questions you want to know and answer the questions that they are asking you.

"(Tigers a.ssistant coach Earl Lane) is still one me. He is a very tough recruiter. I like him; he is a real down to earth type of guy. We kind of hit it off and the thing I like is that he tells me the truth. I am still listening to what they (Lane and LSU) are saying."
 9 years ago '05        #3166
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
For Florida State, nothing beats landing a Rivals100 standout. But more than that, nothing would beat landing a Rivals100 athlete that's already committed to in-state rival Miami. Linebacker Marcus Robinson pledged his services to the Canes last summer, but will visit Florida State the weekend of January 11th.

"Yea, I'm looking forward to going out there," said Robinson, "seeing the coaches and the players and have a good time... Maurice Harris played on my team, he said he likes it and says it nice."

The 'Noles' freshman linebacker is constantly on the phone with the four-star linebacker. And why wouldn't he be. Robinson comes in at 6-foot-2, 210 pounds, can run like the wind and is rated as the nation's No. 3 outside linebacker.

Warchant.com
FSU is hoping that former Homestead teammate Maurice Harris will be able to convince Robinson to join him in Tallahassee.
While it will be an uphill battle for FSU to pull a South Florida native away from the 'Canes, the 'Noles do have a former Homestead High School teammate on campus to help their cause.

"I talk to him every night because he's like my brother," said Robinson. "He was telling me the dudes he came in with and some of the seniors, they are good dudes and he really likes them."

As of now, the talented linebacker says he's a Hurricane, but asked what it would take from either FSU or Florida to make him switch, and the Rivals100 member wasn't sure how to answer. He said he will take his visits and figure it all out before signing day.

A couple weeks ago, Florida State linebackers coach Chuck Amato paid a visit to South Florida, making sure the Homestead star was still planning to come to FSU, which he is.

"(Two) week(s) ago, coach came down here," said Robinson. "He came to the school. We talked once over the phone and then when he came to the school and we talked a little bit."

This past season, Robinson put up monster numbers recording 112 tackles and 24 sacks. After his visit to Tallahassee, the four-star linebacker will hit up Gainesville on the 18th. He's already visited LSU and USC

Robinson is rated as the ninth best player in the state of Florida according to Rivals.com and the 37th prospect overall.
I got a question for ya'll... why is Miami not after Streeter and why did u guys cut ties wit McCray? is it that serious that he took other visits?
 9 years ago '04        #3167
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 booker20 said:
I got a question for ya'll... why is Miami not after Streeter and why did u guys cut ties wit McCray? is it that serious that he took other visits?
the real question is why is streeter not after miami, the hurricanes offered him a scholarship a while ago, and have even kept one for him despite all the wideouts who have committed. i just think streeter wants to branch out and do his own thing. as far as mccray goes, the hurricanes have been burned by last minute defections over the years, and i guess they suspected that mccray was going down that path, so they did what they had to do.
 9 years ago '05        #3168
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
 madness said:
the real question is why is streeter not after miami, the hurricanes offered him a scholarship a while ago, and have even kept one for him despite all the wideouts who have committed. i just think streeter wants to branch out and do his own thing. as far as mccray goes, the hurricanes have been burned by last minute defections over the years, and i guess they suspected that mccray was going down that path, so they did what they had to do.
Streeters been saying that the canes havent been after him hard enough...

I thought it was just over the visits for McCray, what made them think he was gonna jump ship? we might end up wit him but wit all our lbs he'll be buried on the bench... i dont know why LBs and Safeties keep signing wit us now if we could start pulling in WRs and RBs like this we'd be a problem... whats the predicted number for signees? i think ours is 30...
 9 years ago '04        #3169
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 booker20 said:
Streeters been saying that the canes havent been after him hard enough...

I thought it was just over the visits for McCray, what made them think he was gonna jump ship? we might end up wit him but wit all our lbs he'll be buried on the bench... i dont know why LBs and Safeties keep signing wit us now if we could start pulling in WRs and RBs like this we'd be a problem... whats the predicted number for signees? i think ours is 30...
the hurricane coaches were at every northwestern game this year, and none of his other teammates have complained about lack of attention. i'm under the impression that he's needs a little bit of coddling, which randy shannon doesnt do.

and mccray became expendable after the coaches knew arthur brown was coming. had brown not signed, i dont think thew wouldve cut ties with him completely.

we've got about 33 spots open this class: 8 are enrolling for spring, 25 for summer
 9 years ago '05        #3170
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 Tex-Seminole said:

[pic - click to view]

lol too bad jenn sterger is originally from miami
 9 years ago '06        #3171
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
:rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #3172
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
QB Kirby Freeman leaving UM
Posted on Thu, Dec. 27, 2007
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By MANNY NAVARRO AND SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

Kirby Freeman, the only returning veteran from the Hurricanes' 5-7 season, has requested a release from scholarship according to multiple UM sources and is looking to possibly transfer to a school closer to home in Texas.
AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
Kirby Freeman, the only returning veteran from the Hurricanes' 5-7 season, has requested a release from scholarship according to multiple UM sources and is looking to possibly transfer to a school closer to home in Texas.

The University of Miami will begin next season without a quarterback who has thrown a pass in a college game.

Kirby Freeman, the only returning veteran from the Hurricanes' 5-7 season, has requested a release from scholarship according to multiple UM sources and is looking to possibly transfer to a school closer to home in Texas. Freeman and his father could not be reached for comment and did not return phone calls.

The Hurricanes currently have one scholarship quarterback, redshirt freshman Robert Marve, who missed the 2007 season after injuring his non-throwing hand in a car accident. But UM is expected to add three incoming recruits before next season.

Miami Northwestern's Jacory Harris, considered the nation's ninth-best high school quarterback by Rivals.com, and Cannon Smith, a three-star Rivals.com prep school recruit from Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia, have said they will enroll at UM in January and participate in spring drills.

Taylor Cook, a 6-7, 210-pound senior from Altair, Texas, and a two-star Rivals.com recruit, is expected to arrive at UM next fall.

Marve was named Mr. Florida Football in 2006 at Tampa Plant High and was awarded UM's Offensive Scout Team Player of the Year award earlier this month.

Freeman, a 6-3, 214-pound redshirt junior from Brownwood, Texas, never had the type of career he envisioned when he arrived at UM in 2004 as one of the nation's top-rated running quarterbacks.

Despite being appointed the starter by Coach Randy Shannon in favor of incumbent Kyle Wright at the start of the 2007 season, Freeman struggled and Wright regained the starting job by the third game of the year. Freeman was relegated to the bench until Wright was injured in the first half against Florida State on Oct. 20.

After struggling for most of the game, Freeman engineered the game-winning touchdown drive against the Seminoles, capped with a 13-yard touchdown pass to Dedrick Epps. It's considered by many to be the highlight of Freeman's UM career.

Freeman made the his final start a week later in UM's 19-16 overtime loss to North Carolina State. He finished the season playing in seven games and went 18 of 58 for 256 yards, three touchdowns and six interceptions.

His career numbers: 92 completions on 197 attempts, 1,311 yards, 12 touchdowns, 16 interceptions.

Freeman entertained thoughts of transferring in April 2006. But he returned to UM for his redshirt sophomore season sporting a tattoo of the ''U'' on his back to show support for his team.

He was the team's backup quarterback until Wright was injured in the 10th game of the season. He started the final four games and led UM to a 2-2 record including a victory in the MPC Computers Bowl.

Miami Herald sports writer Barry Jackson contributed to this report.
 9 years ago '04        #3173
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
from what ive read, Streeter is good to go.
 9 years ago '04        #3174
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
 C.R.I.P. said:
from what ive read, Streeter is good to go.
as in committing to us?
 9 years ago '06        #3175
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 booker20 said:
right when we got word that arthur is coming to the U

we were done playing games with mccray so we pulled his offer, he would of been the 5th best LB coming in this class IMO

same thing with frankie hammond, he callled randy shannon and said he wanted to switch commits that he made a mistake, randy told him to " deal with it "
 9 years ago '06        #3176
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good ridance too kirby freeman but thank you for this man u will always be a cane famo

:rasta: :rasta: :rasta:
 9 years ago '05        #3177
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,654 | Props total: 3750 3750
I hope he don't get the release....damn ya'll n*ggaz are lucky, Drew needa do that for us
 9 years ago '04        #3178
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
i wonder what kirby's gonna do with that "U" tattoo
 9 years ago '06        #3179
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 madness said:
i wonder what kirby's gonna do with that "U" tattoo
he's still part of the family regardless

that drive against FSwho sealed his fate

we was the worst QB ever for the U

but he's still a came and party of the family for life

Last edited by DEDOS; 12-28-2007 at 11:58 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #3180
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
why is this guy posting this garbage on our thread??^^

n*gga posting a picture about a team that was good about 10 years ago welcome to the present muthafu*ka.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy