Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3141
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Travis Benjamin
WR | 5'11" 146

Hometown: Belle Glade, FL
School: Glades Central High School
Region: South

View Briefing Room player archive
ESPN150 Rank: #143
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive recruiting content below.

Scouts Grade: 80
Position Rank: WR #19
Considering: 1-Miami (FL) , 2-LSU , 3-Auburn , 4-Central Florida , 5-Florida

Evaluation: Benjamin is a lightning fast, lean wide receiver that works from the slot and outside and can really stretch the field. He also has game-changing skills as a return man as well. Played on a Glades team last year where he was slightly overshadowed by Deonte Thompson, but should break out in 2007. He can really scoot and is a smooth, fluid athlete that is flexible. He shows exceptional initial burst off the ball and has shifty, sudden explosiveness and after the catch. Reaches top speed in a hurry, can get over the top of defenders and is a big play threat vertically. Is dangerous on underneath screens and end-arounds as he can make people miss and when he gets a seam, he can take it to the house. He has some flash and exciting quickness in the open field. Works the underneath routes well, finds soft spots and if defenders aren't in position, he can turn a short play into a long gain. He isn't overly physical right now and needs to add bulk and strength to his upper body to handle press coverage. Could get out-muscled if stronger corners get their hands on him at the line. He is the perfect complement to bigger, more physical receivers because he can really provide a spark. Benjamin has a chance to develop into a big-time playmaker at the next level. With coaching and added weight, he has a real high ceiling.

Notes: 2006: Class 3A second team all-state selection. Also interested in Florida State, Ohio State...

a summer in the weight room with andrew swasey will get his weight up, i love all the speed we got coming in, the offense is gonna be a machine soon

Last edited by madness; 12-20-2007 at 05:42 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #3142
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,552 | Props total: 11912 11912
its gonna be a wonderful Xmas folks

keep that belle glade pipeline coming down souf!!!!!!!

:rasta:
 9 years ago '05        #3143
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
^^congrats....but that dude better put some weight on
 9 years ago '04        #3144
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
ive heard some good things about patchan
 9 years ago '04        #3145
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
ive heard some good things about patchan
really?

i heard he wants to go to miami, but his parents want him to go to florida:sick:
 9 years ago '04        #3146
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
really?

i heard he wants to go to miami, but his parents want him to go to florida:sick:
from what i can tell, which means by the reliable guys on our miami boards, he has chosen us.

he's supposed to announce somewhere between friday and over the weekend
 9 years ago '04        #3147
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
getting him would be a real good look

i mean u cant call out a team for having no heart unless u really cared about going there, right?
 9 years ago '06        #3148
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 CO Butta said:
^^congrats....but that dude better put some weight on
wont matter if you cant touch him

better hope holton dont switch on yall :rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #3149
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
 C.R.I.P. said:
from what i can tell, which means by the reliable guys on our miami boards, he has chosen us.

he's supposed to announce somewhere between friday and over the weekend
I actually got a good gut feeling that he'll take us. I'm hoping he is.

Now Streeter needs to stop fu*king around, he knows what the deal is!!!

this is the rivals article on Benjamin

December 20, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Belle Glade (Fla.) Glades Central High School WR Travis Benjamin is ready to announce a decision.

Finally.

He called coaches 30 minutes ago and gave them the news. Even they weren't prepared for it.

"They were shocked becfause they thought I was going to wait till signing day," Benjamin said.

So why did he do it now?

"I just wanted to get it over with," he said.

He says USF finished No. 2 on his list. Benjamin says "it's a done deal" and that he expects to visit Miami the weekend of Jan. 26.

Benjamin had told the CaneSport.com staff over the summer that he was planning on becoming a Cane, at one point indicating he was only a day away from giving his word.

Then he pushed that back to an Aug. 22 date for announcing. But then he moved that back indefinitely.

Now he's done waiting.

Benjamin will be playing ball for the University of Miami next season.

Benjamin also listed offers from the likes of Florida, Ohio State and LSU.

Receivers coach Marques Mosely and recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt helped sell him on UM.

"(Mosely is) a good coach," Benjamin said. "We talk about football, life outside of football. He said that I fit in great there with the offense they have. Coach Hurtt, he's my main recruiter from Miami. We (don't) talk about football, we talk about life. I think coach Hurtt is a good recruiter, a good coach.

"They (wanted) me to come there badly. When they talk to me they're telling me stuff and where I fit into the program. They say that I remind them of Santana Moss."

The 6-foot-0, 170-pounder with 4.3-second speed says his playing style also is compared to Carolina Panthers receiver Steve Smith.

"I'm explosive like him," Benjamin says.

As a junior Benjamin finished with 25 receptions for 700 yards with 15 touchdowns.

His biggest game this year: He had 339 total yards in a 28-26 win over Palm Beach Gardens, including two receiving touchdowns and a punt and kickoff return for a score.

He finished this year with 40 catches for 655 yards and eight touchdowns. His team finished with an 11-2 record.

Benjamin's cousin is former Cane Alfonso Marshall.

"He tells me it's a good school and that they're a hard-working team and that it's a good school to go and compete at," Benjamin said.
 9 years ago '06        #3150
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
good looks cap, shannon finish strong fam!!!! but even if u dont get anymore commits this class is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

add patchan and brandon harris :wow:

* faints *

9 years ago '07        #3151
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said:
good looks cap, shannon finish strong fam!!!! but even if u dont get anymore commits this class is sickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

add patchan and brandon harris :wow:

* faints *

Haha same here dude...this class is gonna unbelieveable
 9 years ago '06        #3152
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
we just bucked CJ HOLTON :wow: :wow: :wow:

hes the real deal and even sweeter we took em from fsu!!!!!

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

our D in the future is gonna be :wow: wow:
 9 years ago '04        #3153
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
C.J. Holton
S | 6'2" 195

Hometown: Crawfordville, FL
School: Wakulla County High School
Region: South

View Briefing Room player archive
ESPN150 Rank: #104 Status: Verbal
School: Florida State
You are signed into Insider and have access to the exclusive recruiting content below.
Last Updated: 11/12/2007 Data provided by Scouts, Inc.

Scouts Grade: 81
Position Rank: S #6
Considered: 1-Florida State , 2-Miami (FL) , 3-Mississippi , 4-LSU , 5-Georgia

Evaluation: Holton possesses all the tools at the safety position. He can cover, close and play the run. Most importantly, he makes plays. Tall with an athletic frame that should continue to fill out. Shows good range. Gets off the hash to the sideline quickly. Rarely covers grass. Closes the cushion on underneath routes with great, short-area acceleration. Brings the wood. Times up his hits and punishes receivers when he does not separate them from the ball. Reads the quarterback and can anticipate throws. Consistently puts himself in the right position. Explodes on contact when supporting the run. Transitions quickly out of pedal and flashes a good short-area burst flying down in the box. Solid tackler but needs improvement breaking down in space. At times, he lunges and tackles high. Flashes difficulty with his reads and pursuit angles on lateral runs. Needs to consistently take his read steps and diagnose his keys. At times, he gets caught out of position, resulting in rounded pursuit angles - exposed greatly on misdirection plays. On occasion, he does not show the elite straight-line speed that matches his other skills. We question if his short-area quickness and instincts cover his ability to turn and run with fast receivers. Man coverage skills and the speed to get over the top of elite wide outs in cover-two schemes have not been showcased. He is best roaming in space with the freedom to read, react and make plays. Needs to continue getting bigger and stronger to play with that style. If Holton continues to physically develop, he could find himself in defensive packages very early in college.

Notes: 2006: Recorded 75 tackles and three interceptions. Best friend is high school teammate Nigel Bradham. Also considering Mississippi State, Clemson, Central Florida...

yessir, keep em comin
 9 years ago '04        #3154
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
December 22, 2007
EXCLUSIVE: FSU Commitment switches to Canes
Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Crawsfordville (Fla.) Wakulla safety C.J. Holton committed to Florida State earlier in the recruiting process.

But today he switched his commitment to Miami.

"It's 100 percent done for Miami," the 6-foot-2, 195-pound Holton told CaneSport. "I like the academics there, the smaller classrooms. I love it there. I could see myself playing in their defense, the way they rotate their corners and safeties."

Holton committed to coach Michael Barrow today.

And it came as news to Barrow.

"He was a little surprised," Holton said. "The coaches were real excited. I talked to all the coaches, they all got on the phone."

Barrow was a reason Holton switched his commitment.

"He's just one of the most impressive guys, best people I've ever met coaching-wise," Holton said. "He's not even a coach to me, more like a brother to me."

Holton finished his senior year with 70 tackles, five interceptions (three returned for touchdowns) and eight tackles for losses. He also played sparingly as a tailback and had over 100 rushing yards.

As a junior he finished with over 70 tackles, two interceptions, and seven pass breakups

He visits Miami Jan. 26 and says that will be his only visit.

"Miami's just where I wanted to go," he said.

Holton has already informed Florida State coaches of his change in plans.

"Florida State's a great school," Holton said. "I have nothing against Florida State. I just felt it for Miami."
 9 years ago '06        #3155
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
my christmas wish came through folks

CJ holton :D
 9 years ago '06        #3156
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,257 | Props total: 125 125
Miami isnt bullsh*tting with this recruiting class, Shannon is making major moves in South Florida. And I think you guys will end up with Brandon Harris
 9 years ago '04        #3157
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Anybody heard anything bout a Defensive Coordinator yet?
 9 years ago '05        #3158
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
hillarious that the gators and canes stay in the fsu thread
 9 years ago '07        #3159
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
Da U getting them boyz yeeeeah!!!
 9 years ago '07        #3160
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Will hyped recruits translate into more Canes' wins?

By Heather Dinich
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: December 24, 2007

Miami linebacker Tavares Gooden is evidence coach Randy Shannon can recruit -- the regular season has ended and Gooden still has football to play.

The problem? Gooden, who was chosen for the Senior Bowl, is about the only one on Miami's roster with any postseason to prepare for.

For the first time since 1997, Miami will not play in a bowl game. Shannon entered his inaugural season with the hopes of winning eight games. Instead, he nearly lost that many, as the Hurricanes finished 5-7 -- the program's worst overall record since 1977.

[+] Enlarge
Randy Shannon

Marc Serota/Getty Images

The Hurricanes slipped to 5-7 in Randy Shannon's first season.
Restocking the roster with ready-made talent is the best solution to keeping Miami's entire program from tumbling into an afterthought -- a precipice it's come dangerously close to in the past two mediocre seasons that both included four-game losing streaks.

The question is not whether Shannon can recruit. It's how quickly he can turn the high school hype into wins.

"There's no choice but to be patient," said Gooden, who led Miami with 100 tackles and three fumble recoveries. "You can't rush things. You've got to give a person time to mold a team. I think we had better coaching … it just didn't turn out. We didn't have all the talent Miami should have. Coach Shannon is going to bring it back. He's going to get Miami rolling again."

It's not going to be easy.

Miami went through the entire season unranked for the first time since 1979. Until last year, Miami hadn't lost four games in the same season since 1977. Now they've done it twice.

"I don't really know what happened there, but I know that the class Randy is recruiting right now, if they come in, that's going be … I've seen all those kids on evaluation tapes," said former Miami a.ssistant Art Kehoe, who, after 27 seasons and five national championships with the Hurricanes spent the past two as an a.ssociate head coach at Ole Miss. "I've watched them practice. Every kid he's talking about, they're all excellent players. Certainly there was a bit of a downward spiral there, but you don't want to give him the leadership role and just flush him that fast."

Don Bailey Jr., a center for the Hurricanes' from 1979-82 who is now the team's radio analyst for the Hurricanes Radio Network, attributed the slide to two factors -- a recruiting class that fizzled instead of sizzled, and too many players opting to leave early for the NFL (like safety Kenny Phillips and defensive end Calais Campbell, both of whom are expected to be first-round picks in 2008).

"They had hit on some guys that at least on paper were four- and five-star recruits that never met their expectations from what they had done in high school," Bailey said, "and then you throw in the fact that year after year Miami constantly loses underclassman to the NFL. You say, 'That sounds like an excuse and you reload,' but take last year, Wake Forest. They had as many fifth year players as anybody in the country. They win the ACC championship."

His seniors aren't the only ones Shannon has to replace.

He recently fired defensive coordinator Tim Walton -- a move that was made after he told the media he wouldn't make any staff changes because he wanted "stability."

Try finding it first at quarterback.

Miami's offense sputtered under the combo of Kyle Wright, a senior, and Kirby Freeman, a junior. The consistency the staff is craving might come from redshirt freshman Robert Marve, a Tampa native who is already known throughout the state for breaking Tim Tebow's single season state records for passing yards (4,380) and touchdowns (48) as a high school senior in 2006.

With 26 promises already delivered and as many as seven more commitments possible, there's little doubt one of the top recruiting classes in the country will wind up in Coral Gables.

"They come off a 5-7 season and it's not that Randy Shannon is just cleaning up in Dade County or Broward County," Bailey said. "They get a commitment from one of the best kids in the country sitting in the middle of Kansas. … His recruiting is not just in his backyard. For the second year in a row, or his first full year, he's proven he can go out and secure national recruits as well."

It doesn't matter what Miami's class of 2008 is ranked, though, if at the end of the year, the Hurricanes are not.

"I think without a shadow of a doubt he's the answer," Bailey said of Shannon. "There's nothing in my mind that makes me believe he's not the answer."

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
54 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
J.Cole dissing Kanye on new song "False Prophets"
343 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy