Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #3061
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
^^^most of the moves i would have no problem with
forston gonna be a beast.....
 12-03-2007, 12:53 PM         #3062
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Man who cares if Shields missed a few classes. They should be more worried about making him a great WR. Kid has all the talent. There was like 15 players where he burned all the defense but Wright of Freeman threw a duck to him
 9 years ago '07        #3063
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
Man who cares if Shields missed a few classes. They should be more worried about making him a great WR. Kid has all the talent. There was like 15 players where he burned all the defense but Wright of Freeman threw a duck to him
Exactly, he is probaly gonna be our num 1 reciever next year....hopefully he realizes this and works his a.ss off cus hes a talented dude
 9 years ago '04        #3064
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
There's this interview on rivals.com; an audio byte from Patrick Johnson on WQAM in Portlandm OR. He says that he's still committed to Miami although it's hard for him to pick one school he's still committed. When asked if the door is still "open" a little bit, he says that he's 100% committed to the U but his dad tells him to get out and see other places. He says that since he was 7 years old he been wanted to be a part of the U.
 9 years ago '06        #3065
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12219 12219
getting free visits and SEC and Pac 10 pusssy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #3066
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Here's some info on that new commit from NJ.

December 4, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Toms River (NJ) North High School LB/FB/Athlete Zach Kane told CaneSport yesterday that he planned to commit to Miami during a visit from coach Jeff Stoutland today.

But Kane didn't wait for the in-home visit with Stoutland to give his pledge. He committed during school hours instead.

And Stoutland spent two hours this afternoon with the Kane family.

"When I first saw coach Stoutland we gave each other a big bump hug," Kane said. "I did commit, but I still haven't met the (head) coach, seen the campus. So it's 90 percent Miami's my choice."

He says of the visit by Stoutland that "It coudln't have gone any better." Kane also called coach Randy Shannon during the visit - "I thanked him for the scholarship, talked to him a bit," Kane said.

Kane will host Cincinnati coaches tomorrow and says he will go ahead with plans to visit that school. He's already visited Rutgers and Connecticut.

But he plans to be a Cane on signing day.

"Just my last name, Kane – it's been a childhood dream to play for the Hurricanes," he said. "I would always see the Canes, fell in love with the team.

"It's the school I want to go to, a dream school. There's no backing out of it."

Kane has set his official visit for the weekend of Jan. 5.

Kane's high school coach, Chip LaBarca Jr., met with Stoutland during the school day.

"We sat and talked about Zach, what kind of player and person he is, how it's a pretty good fit for him," Labarca said. "They like his toughness, his motor. He's an extremely tough kid and hits. He's your typical inside linebacker. Coach Stoutland told me he reminds them of Dan Morgan."

Kane initially found out he was getting a Hurricane offer over the weekend.

"I sent in film from last year and this year (to Miami)," the 6-foot-3, 212-pounder with 4.65-second speed said. "I was talking to coach Stoutland this past weekend, we were discussing it. He said he talked to the head coach, he reviewed the tape and told him it was definitely an offer."

Kane says he told Stoutland on the spot "I want to be a Hurricane."

"I've wanted to be a Cane since I was a young kid, 10 years old," Kane added. "My last name is Kane, and I would see a shirt that said `Canes.' I always followed them. It's just a dream come true."

It was Kane's birthday yesterday – he turned 18 – but he figured he could wait another day to confirm his biggest wish.

Kane says the Canes want him as a middle linebacker. He also played fullback in high school.

"They're saying defense for sure, but it could swing either way," Kane said. "I mainly played middle linebacker this year."

He had 145 tackles and 12 sacks in 12 games. He also had five forced fumbles and two fumble recoveries. He returned one fumble for a touchdown.

"He's a very aggressive, physical player," LaBarca said. "A lot of people say he's a throwback. He's an old school inside linebacker type, is real aggressive. Whoever he hits, he hits. His strengths are probably his tenacity, and he plays every play full go, takes no plays off. He has a tremendous motor."

Kane lists two other offers – from Cincinnati and Iowa. Both schools want him to play defense. Kane flew under the radar last year due to a shoulder injury that cost him playing time. As a sophomore he was a backup.

"Talent-wise he was always there, but he never showed himself until this year," LaBarca said. "He was thin last year, only 190 pounds. He wasn't a lifter, any of that stuff. But he has the frame. In a year he'll be 240 pounds.

"No question he's Miami caliber. Don't let the under the radar thing fool you. If you see his tape it's `Oh, my God.' There aren't too many guys that look better than him. Miami coaches love his tape. The head football coach (Randy Shannon) really likes him."

Kane says he gets compared to "a d*ck Butkus type - that's what they say in the papers up here – a hard hitting, pounding guy play after play, banging heads."
 9 years ago '07        #3067
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
thx for the info cap
 9 years ago '06        #3068
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12219 12219
ya good looks cap
 12-06-2007, 07:21 AM         #3069
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Keep em coming Cap
 9 years ago '04        #3070
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Six Northwestern stars focus on state title before moving on to help resurrect UM
By Shandel Richardson | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
December 6, 2007
Article tools
E-mail Share
Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Fark Google Newsvine Reddit Yahoo Print Single page view Reprints Post Comment Text size: MIAMI - Marcus Forston is having some difficulty.

His 6-foot-2, 290-pound frame is preventing him from fastening the straps on his shoulder pads. The elastic refuses to stretch any further, no matter how hard he pulls.

Then, almost on instinct, a teammate rushes over to a.ssist. Within seconds, Forston is ready to go.

At Miami Northwestern this season, no one handles even the smallest of problems alone. A mentality of sticking together is the players' way of f!ghting negative images from the school's involvement in a recent s3x scandal and how six recruits plan to face already being labeled the saviors of the University of Miami program.

The Bulls, who play Deerfield Beach on Friday in the state semifinals at the Orange Bowl, are looking for a second consecutive Class 6A championship that could provide closure to what has been a taxing year.

"If we finish out our season, people really can't say anything bad about us," Northwestern quarterback Jacory Harris said. "Because we're trying to come out of everything like gentlemen. We did what we had to do and everyone should have that image in their head that we're great young men."

The picture most have in their heads about Northwestern is it sits in the core of Liberty City, surrounded by run-down buildings covered in graffiti. The school has an estimated 2,500 students with video cameras positioned throughout so security can account for all activity.

Before last year, the biggest strike against it was being labeled an "F-School." That was until it took an even bigger image hit at a time when fans should have been celebrating.

Two days before the state championship game, star running back Antwain Easterling, 18, was charged with lewd and lascivious battery for allegedly having s3x with a 14-year-old girl. School officials hadn't reported the incident to police and allowed Easterling to play.

He rushed for 157 yards and a touchdown in a 34-14 victory against Lake Brantley High of Altamonte Springs. The story became national news, resulting in the firing of several administrators, including then-coach Roland Smith.

"Everyone wants to talk about the scandal," first-year coach Billy Rolle said. "It's difficult for me because I end up having to answer questions about the scandal and not about the team. I wasn't around when all of that stuff was going on. ... The scandal now comes with the name of the school."

Things got so bad there was talk last summer of Northwestern canceling the season despite being ranked No. 1 in the nation and scheduled to play Southlake Carroll of Texas on national television.

"It was tough for us being put in that category of not having a season," said Harris, recently named the state's Player of the Year by Old Spice Red Zone. "It hurt that one man's mistake could have cost the whole program."

The school was eventually allowed to play. As expected, the Bulls (13-0) have run through the season, defeating opponents by an average of more than 35 points.

"The positive is it woke us up," Forston, rated the best defensive lineman in the country by Rivals.com, said of the Easterling situation. "You learn from a mistake. That was a mistake a kid made, that any kid could've made. That just teaches you who to be around.... It's tough, but then again, you have to think, 'Is this going to hurt my future?'"

The future is all UM fans can think about. Forston and Harris headline the six Northwestern players who have orally committed to the Hurricanes. The others are lineman Brandon Washington, linebacker Sean Spence and receivers Aldarius Johnson and Kendal Thompkins.

They decided during the summer to attend the same college, only accepting interest from those willing to recruit the group. Nearly all have known each other since youth league and grew up within a few blocks of the school.

"We have a big bond together," Spence said. "While sitting down and talking with each other, it just came down to us wanting to stay together."

Matt Shodell, managing editor of Canesport.com, said the Northwestern commitments are easily the most discussed players on the website devoted to UM athletics. A recent message-board thread urged all fans to attend Friday's game, referring to it as the Hurricanes' real finale at the Orange Bowl.

"Miami fans are freaks when it comes to Miami Northwestern this year," Shodell said. "You have fans who have probably never been to Northwestern but attending games simply because they think they are watching the Miami Hurricanes. ... The attention they are getting is in a league of its own."

Forston and Spence are expected to enroll at UM in January, with Harris and Johnson still debating. They say the pressure will not affect them after their experiences in high school.

"The thing we have to do is finish our season off and then we can worry about everything else," Forston said. "The only thing we can do is get down [to UM] and bust our butts. We want to build a chemistry with some of the players that are already there and teach them the tools that we got of learning how to win."
 9 years ago '04        #3071
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Key UM recruit says he's considering Oregon

If there is one member of the next University of Miami football recruiting class considered a must-get, have-to-have, no question "we need this guy," most experts would agree it would be Northwestern quarterback Jacory Harris.

The 6-3, 172-pound signal-caller for the nation's No. 1 high school football team is one of six current Jacory_harris_actionBulls committed to the Canes. As captain and leader, he has tremendous pull with many of his teammates. Well, after taking a trip to Oregon with receiver Tommy Streeter last weekend, I caught up with Harris moments ago -- the first reporter to do so since they returned (CHECK OUT THE AUDIO) -- when I visited Northwestern's practice and spoke to Harris and several players. What did Jacory say? Something Canes fans DO NOT want to hear. Harris said he loved his trip to the Oregon so much, he is now strongly considering the Ducks. In fact, he's sent both Oregon and Miami applications for enrollment in January.

"The trip to Oregon was wonderful," Harris said. "They came out here yesterday and talked to me, [Coach Mike Bellotti] asked me about the trip and I just told him I enjoyed myself. Me and Streeter, went up there, had fun, seen the facilities and seen what they had to offer athletically and academically and you know, we really liked the program. And they will be a thought, something I'll be considering. I'm still committed to Miami, but I'll still be considering the University of Oregon too."

Harris told me he and Streeter, a receiver The U is also trying to chase down, were impressed by the facilities at Oregon and the atmosphere before the team's final game against Oregon State. Harris said he was impressed by the way the crowd responded to its hero, quarterback Dennis Dixon and said he was very impressed by the ovation Dixon was given.

"Soon as he came out, my ears started hurting," Harris said. "It was super loud. They really impressed me. I love the stadium. The stadium is built kind of weird, but it looks good. And I like that feel. The fans there are real supportive, its really a football town, that's all they have there. Oregon Ducks football and Oregon Ducks athletics."

Were there things he liked about Oregon more than UM?

"Yeah, there were a lot of things I liked better than UM. People are always going to say the facilities are better elsewhere than UM. But UM has the tradition of winning games with or without the facility. That's not going to determine where I am going to go. The fans are kind of better because of the fact that's all they have to cheer for. And the fans here if you do bad, they're going to get on you. You do bad there, they don't say too much."

Harris said among the many things he did on his visit was have dinner with Dixon, whom he said coaches were constantly comparing him to.

"He wasn't really trying to convince me to go there, but he was saying how I look very much like him from film. He said how his style of play is. He came in 6-3, 178. I'm coming in 6-3, 172. So, we basically have the same measurements. He runs a 4.48. I run a 4.52. We're kind of similar, both of us."

So, will this open things back up for Harris in recruiting?

"Yeah, I've been open. But it's just the fact I'm still committed to Miami. I don't know, that's still a place that strong in my heart, but Oregon has taken a big chunk of that away. Hopefully, I'll make the right decision."

Harris said he's going to sit down with his parents and talk things over soon. I spoke to Jacory's father, Northwestern defensive coordinator Rodney Harris, who told me "my son would first have to convince his mother to allow him to leave." Jacory said his mother mentioned that to Oregon coaches last night.

So what is UM doing to make sure it doesn't loose a huge commitment? Jacory said he spoke to coach Randy Shannon last night, whom Harris said asked him about his trip and encouraged him to "go on more visits and see other places."

"Your word is your word. And he's not worried about anything," Harris said. "I told him don't be worried about anything."

But should Hurricanes fans be worried, especially after Harris was walking around campus Thursday wearing an Oregon Ducks skully?

"I don't know," Harris said. "I've been messing with everybody today throwing up a University of Miami sign then curving it into an O. I have everybody scared. But those are just the little things I do to mess with everybody."

-- So is Harris going to end up going to Oregon? My money still says no, that he's going to stay put and go to Miami. But after hearing him speak Thursday, I definitely feel there's a chance Dixon and Oregon could sway him. Until now, I had always thought the Northwestern guys were locks.

-- As for the rest of the Bulls, I got a kick out of the way defensive tackle Marcus Forston, another key UM recruit, took to hearing Harris talk about Oregon. Forston refused to shake Harris' hand and told him, "Man, get away from me, you ain't no real Cane." Forston told me when LSU coaches attempted to visit him last week, "I pointed and told them to go home."

-- Forston told me other schools have calling him of late trying to trick him and other recruits by telling them coach Randy Shannon has only one year left on his contract. Forston and Harris both told me they've been receiving calls from UM coaches to stop the false information from spreading. I got a phone call from a UM a.ssistant who pleaded with me and said "please put it out there that coach Shannon's contract runs through 2012. People are spreading garbage that he's only got one year left. That's bull."

-- As for Streeter, landing him at this point is not going to be easy. He said he hasn't spoken to UM coaches in a month. Although, I hear from the other end, it is because Streeter is not returning phone calls, a sign UM coaches have taken as a sign he isn't interested. When I spoke to Streeter for 10 minutes tonight, he seemed a bit brainwashed by the apparent pitches other schools are delivering. He brought up Sean Taylor, safety and how going away can be a good experience. Streeter, who has also visited Boston College, said he won't make a decision until February. But the likelihood of him ending up a Cane is tough at this point. UM coaches are going to have to work hard to convince him. Although, he also told me that the thought of winning a national championship in high school and then following his teammates to the same school is what entices him most about UM.

-- I'll have audio from all of my interviews up shortly, including an interview I did the other night with New Jersey linebacker Zach Kane, a 6-3, 215-pound senior who could become the 24th player to committ to the Hurricanes. Kane told me he plans to visit UM in January and will likely commit then.

-- I've been told UM is down to its final 10 scholarships and will attempt to more of an emphasis in the coming weeks on defensive backs. The Hurricanes are also trying very hard to sway current Illinois commitment Corey Liuget, a 6-3, 260-pound defensive end from Hialeah High. This is the early report. Check back later tonight and tomorrow for more on recruiting
not extremely worried as there's no way i see him leaving the city of miami, but not the kind of news u wanna hear from a kid who's been screamin "The U" all season long
 12-07-2007, 01:21 AM         #3072
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Don't sleep on Oregon's ability to recruit though.. They got that Nike money for stadium and work out rooms and sh*t.. Plus they probaly telling him right now he will be the next Dennis Dixon.. We need him bad, we need comp for Marve next season
 9 years ago '04        #3073
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
Don't sleep on Oregon's ability to recruit though.. They got that Nike money for stadium and work out rooms and sh*t.. Plus they probaly telling him right now he will be the next Dennis Dixon.. We need him bad, we need comp for Marve next season
if anything i'd be more worried about les miles and LSU making a late run at him, especially if/when they win the NC, or even USC, because pete carroll is a master at this sh*t.

i know oregon coach mike bellotti is whispering sweet nothings in that n*ggas ear....but realistically miami would be a much better gateway to the pros than oregon (joey harrington? aj feeley? still not sold on kellen clemens)

plus marcus forston and them other cats from Tha West wouldnt let him go. he's a 17-year old kid enjoying the recruiting process, but i truly believe his heart is in miami.
 12-07-2007, 01:55 AM         #3074
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I do too, but I want the coaches to still put the full court press on him. Do I think hes just loving the recruiting process? Of course, I thought the same thing with Deonte Thompson last year. I really hope the coaches wake up and try to get Streeter one more time
 9 years ago '04        #3075
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
i dunno why streeter would wanna leave a good thing....miami would be ideal for him, he'd be playing with the same ppl, he'd get immediate burn, and i dont even need to mention tradition....but maybe he wants to get out of that shadow of northwestern and make his own niche, who knows

landing him would be huge, but knowing that we got other stud WRs coming in would ease the blow of him not coming a little
 9 years ago '04        #3076
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM FOOTBALL
UM safety Phillips leaving for NFL
Safety Kenny Phillips has chosen to forgo his senior season at UM. He is a projected first-round draft pick.
Posted on Fri, Dec. 07, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

AL DIAZ / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
UM safety Kenny Phillips, left, will forego his senior season to enter the NFL Draft.The University of Miami will be without one of the nation's finest defensive backs next year.

Kenny Phillips, a 6-2, 211-pound safety out of Miami Carol City High, will forgo his senior season to enter the NFL Draft, his mother said Thursday night.

''Kenny is going to the NFL,'' Taranda Wilson told The Miami Herald. ``He's going to go into the League.

'We've been talking about it and [Thursday] he decided that, `OK, it's time to go.' We've been praying and we'll continue to pray. We're going to put it in God's hands and hope that it goes the way it should go.''

Phillips, 21, is a projected first-rounder by NFL analysts -- as high as 12th in the latest mock draft by Todd McShay of Scouts Inc.

ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has Phillips listed as the No. 1 junior safety.

A semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, presented to the nation's top defensive back, Phillips was second on the team in tackles this season with 82, including six tackles for losses. He also had two interceptions, five pass breakups and three forced fumbles. Like UM defensive backs in the past, such as former NFL first-rounder Mike Rumph, teams tried to throw away from him.

Phillips and fellow junior pro prospect Calais Campbell, a defensive end, said Sunday during the UM awards ceremony that they each had sent to the NFL College Advisory Committee their requests for NFL Draft projections.

Both said they were advised by UM coach Randy Shannon to return for their senior seasons should they not be projected to go in the top 15, but they conceded it would be tough to turn away from a first-round projection -- 32 total picks.

WHERE WILL HE GO?

Campbell said Sunday he was told it would take about two weeks to hear from the advisory committee, made up of NFL personnel directors who advise underclassmen on their chances of being drafted, and how high they might be selected.

''Kenny hasn't gotten a response from the advisory committee yet, and it's coming to our house,'' Phillips' father, Kenneth Wilson, said.

Either way, Phillips has made up his mind.

''I definitely agree that if you're [projected] in the top 15 you should go,'' Phillips said Sunday. ``It's not every day that guys get the opportunity to live out the dream and play in the NFL.''

Phillips was asked what he would do if he were projected to go in the last half of the first round.

''Well, then, you just have a decision to make,'' he said. ``People would still love to be in your position. We don't get these opportunities every day, so you definitely have to take advantage of them.

''I'm probably thinking just like Coach Shannon talked about, top 15 -- but I probably could stretch it,'' he said, laughing.

Taranda Wilson said the family spent a lot of time talking about the decision.

''We prayed on it,'' she said. ``We looked at the ups and the downs. He had been doing such a good job playing football and in school and being a humble person. Things are looking so good for him, it's not a bad decision. You don't get a lot of opportunities in life, so you should take advantage of them.

EXCITEMENT

``I'm excited and he's excited, too. Kenny is a humble kid. He's kind of shy a little bit. But I think he'll be able to handle it fine.''

Wilson said her son will ''definitely come back and get his sports management degree'' when he is able.

''He's doing his homework right now,'' she said.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2008 draft is Jan. 15.

Campbell is rated as the No. 3 junior defensive end by Kiper. In McShay's mock draft, he is projected as going 19th to Minnesota.

''I really haven't made any decision at all,'' Campbell said Sunday. ``I've been relaxed. I'm not going to rush this decision at all.''
 9 years ago '07        #3077
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
good luck to Kenny, you were a legend at the U. Hopefully, the skins get him, although that would be a ton of pressure on him.......
 9 years ago '07        #3078
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
damn heard some recruits were swayin...props to anyone that can get these articles?

9 years ago '05        #3079
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
can someone explain me to what good they saw in kenny phillips
cuz imo dude didnt pan out in miami..complete bust imo
 12-07-2007, 06:53 PM         #3080
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought this year he played really good. 95 Tackles 6.5 for a loss 3 FF and 2 picks. He had a very inexperienced secondary IMO. DVD was starting games @ CB and Redd*ck got injured right off the bat and didn't play a snap.

Is he as good as Taylor and Reed? No, but hes 6'2 210 and can cover. People like that don't grow on trees.
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
22 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy