Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #3001
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
R.I.P. #21

just 7 years ago i was playin against him in high school (dude ran for like 150 in the first half)....knew he'd beast in college and the pros....like so many others, he left us too soon

but he left us with plenty of memories, we wont ever forget
 9 years ago '04        #3002
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
the show must go on....

heard a bunch of cats got their scholarships revoked:

kirby freeman
jerrell mabry
dajleon farr
dimitri stewart
daren daly

just a rumor tho
 9 years ago '07        #3003
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 madness said:
the show must go on....

heard a bunch of cats got their scholarships revoked:

kirby freeman
jerrell mabry
dajleon farr
dimitri stewart
daren daly

just a rumor tho
that would make me happy, but on a day like this, nothing does:banghead:
 9 years ago '04        #3004
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,024 | Props total: 2216 2216
sh*t there's a whole bunch more n*ggas y'all need to kick off the team. More recruits for that team the better.
 9 years ago '05        #3005
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,651 | Props total: 3742 3742
R.I.P to tha n*gga Sean............
 9 years ago '04        #3006
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
sh*t there's a whole bunch more n*ggas y'all need to kick off the team. More recruits for that team the better.
there were rumblings during the season that shannon was gonna clean house and strip scholarships, he's just gettin started
 11-27-2007, 03:48 PM         #3007
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
An Ex-Cane Helped Coordinate Rescue

November 27, 2007 1:02 PM

Former University of Miami linebacker George Mira Jr. is now a Miami-Dade fire battalion chief. He was on duty at the Coral Reef Fire Station early Monday morning when the call came through that Sean Taylor had been shot.

"I knew the Redskins played Sunday, and I thought, 'No way it's Sean Taylor. Must be a mistake.' But then I got to the house, and looked right down at his face, and I was like, 'Oh my God, it's him,' "

Mira, who played at UM from 1984 to '87, described a horrible scene at Taylor's home, but praised paramedics for doing a "super, super fantastic job."

He was responsible for coordinating the units on the scene and dispatching information over the radio. Mira described a bloody scene.

'"The femoral artery is a horrible area to be shot," he said. "People watch Westerns, see someone shot in the leg, and it's no big deal, but in real life, if you get shot in that area of your leg, it's like slicing a garden hose. The blood comes out fast."

In the moments before Taylor was care-flighted to the hospital, Mira said it was like having one of his teammates on the ground.

"It was so hard to stand back and watch another UM football player in trouble and not be able to do more myself. I was getting antsy, and found myself yelling, 'Let's go! Let's go!' to the other guys. We did all we could do for him, and then packed him off to air rescue."

:(:(:(
 9 years ago '05        #3008
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
R.I.P. Sean Taylor
 9 years ago '04        #3009
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Sean Taylor became the latest former University of Miami player to be touched by tragedy when he was shot in his home Monday. Ten other incidents during the past two decades:

• Dec. 14, 1989: Kevin Gibbs, the Hurricanes' second-year freshman running back, died at SW 110th St. and South Dixie Highway when the car he was riding in crashed into a metal utility pole, k!lling him instantly. Gibbs, who attended Coral Gables High, was 20.

• May 3, 1992: Shane Curry, the former Hurricanes standout defensive lineman, was shot in the head after 1:30 a.m. during an argument over a blocked vehicle in a parking lot outside Brandy's Lounge in Cincinnati. Curry, 24, died an hour later. Police charged a 15-year-old boy with felonious a.ssault. Curry was going to be entering his second season with the Indianapolis Colts.

• June 25, 1992: Jerome Brown, one of the greatest defensive linemen in Canes history, lost control of his Corvette after he left a dealership in Brooksville, Fla. The car hit a utility pole and flipped, k!lling the 27-year-old Brown -- who played for the Philadelphia Eagles -- and his 12-year-old nephew.

• April 13, 1996: Marlin Barnes, a Hurricanes linebacker at the time, and friend Timwanika Lumpkins were murdered in a UM campus apartment complex. Labrant Dennis, Lumpkins' ex-boyfriend, was convicted of fatally beating them to death. Barnes and Lumpkins were 22.

• May 11, 1996: Robert Woodus, the former UM offensive lineman, died in the ValuJet airline that crashed into the Everglades. Woodus, who was en route to North Carolina to spend the weekend with his girlfriend, quit the team in November 1995 after missing most of the season with a knee injury. Woodus was 23.

• Feb. 16, 2002: Chris Campbell, the former Canes linebacker who had completed his eligibility, died when his car struck a tree in Coral Gables. He had been engaged to Tombi Bell, sister of Phoenix Suns (and former FIU guard) Raja Bell. Campbell was 21.

• March 20, 2003: Al Blades, the former UM safety, died when the car in which he was a passenger struck a bridge abutment and plunged into a canal. Witnesses said the car was racing with another car on Northwest 22nd Ave. in Miami. Blades was 26.

• April 26, 2005: Stanley Shakespeare, the former UM receiver who was on the program's first national-championship team in 1983, drowned when a wave knocked him overboard as he returned to Jupiter Inlet from a fishing trip. He was 42.

• Nov. 7, 2006: Bryan Pata, a senior defensive tackle, was murdered in his apartment complex in Kendall. He was 22. The case remains unsolved.

• Sept. 9, 2007: Buffalo and former UM tight end Kevin Everett fractured his cervical spine in a game, and doctors initially called it a ''life-threatening injury'' and had doubts about whether Everett would walk again. But Everett has made a wonderful recovery, and NBC reported last week that he has been able to walk ``to an extent.''
 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM         #3010
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Marlin Barnes one really fu*k my family up.. My uncle was going there at that time and was really close to him.. That was a terrible terrible incident.. I remember all the blood on the scene and it was just horrible
 9 years ago '04        #3011
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
my mind and my heart cant grasp that their is no more Sean Taylor. ...
 9 years ago '06        #3012
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
 RakimAllahNY said:
The Marlin Barnes one really fu*k my family up.. My uncle was going there at that time and was really close to him.. That was a terrible terrible incident.. I remember all the blood on the scene and it was just horrible
at least that muthafu*k got caught and right now is sitting on deathrow

we need this scum to get caught or hopefully streets get em

11-27-2007, 09:59 PM         #3013
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P Taylor..
 9 years ago '04        #3014
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,321 | Props total: 565 565
 C.R.I.P. said:
my mind and my heart cant grasp that their is no more Sean Taylor. ...
:(:(:(
 9 years ago '04        #3015
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
It's just fu*ked up man... I'm still in shock..

I don't even wanna post news from rivals but it may just be something to get your minds off of this tragedy for a lil bit... :(
 9 years ago '04        #3016
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
ovember 28, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

The good news for Cane fans when it comes to Norfolk (VA) Maury High School OT Vinston Painter: Miami is in his top two.

The bad news: Virginia Tech is his frontrunner.

Painter has already taken official visits to both schools, so it's not going to be easy to change his mind. But the Canes certainly are trying.

Coach Marques Mosely visited Painter in person yesterday.

"He was here for about 30 minutes," Painter said. "It was cool. We were just talking, that's all. He was just seeing how things are going."

Painter says he talks with Mosely twice a week on the phone and that the receivers coach has never asked where the Canes stand in his recruiting picture.

And Painter says he isn't quite sure just how big a lead the Hokies have.

"Virginia Tech is still leading, but I'm not sure by how much," Painter said.

Painter has no set time line for announcing a decision.

He says UM does have some things going for it.

"It's a good program, has a nice campus and good coaches," Painter said.

Painter says he wants to go to a winning program, and he says he will take a closer look at the depth charts of both programs before making a final choice.

He says Miami's losing record doesn't sway him further away from UM.

"I see Miami winning down the road," he said.
 9 years ago '04        #3017
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 27, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Freshman receiver Jermaine McKenzie wowed teammates this summer with his speed, route-running ability and shoestring catches.

Quarterback Kyle Wright said he's never seen McKenzie drop a pass thrown near his oversized hands.

A neck injury in a rollover car accident this summer was the only reason McKenzie didn't get immediate playing time. McKenzie will be ready this spring, and he has high expectations. He's spent this season learning as much as he can.

"I've been readying the coverages," McKenzie said. "Coming from high school, the defenses get tougher. So, mentally, that's what I worked on. That was my biggest attribute coming into the season was being redshirted."

That's right, McKenzie is glad he was redshirted.

"(It allowed me) to understand the tempo, speed and everything else," McKenzie said. "Redshirting's not a bad thing. During the summer, when we were doing workouts, I was expected to play. I look at the accident as a setback, but it helped me, matured me a lot."

McKenzie says he tries to pattern his game after Darnell Jenkins.

"He's been here, has the experience," McKenzie said. "I try to see what he sees me and him talk a lot."

McKenzie has always reached out for help when he thinks he needs it. And that was also the case in high school. As a junior he had 33 receptions. Then he transferred to a school that was in its first year with a football program.

"We ran a Wing T, so I was a wing back, caught only 17 balls," McKenzie said.

Because of his lack of receiving experience, he spent his senior year working out for several hours on weekends with former Florida State and NFL receiver Peter Warrick.

Warrick helped teach him the right way to run routes, among other things.

"Warrick, that's one of my biggest critics," McKenzie said. "Every Saturday and Sunday I went to a YMCA in Sarasota and me and him worked out one-on-one.

"My routes were always there even though I didn't play (receiver) my senior year. I knew Miami wanted me to be a wideout, so I would go out and run routes. I would run routes, routes, routes (with Warrick). That's how they became precise."

McKenzie's always had great hands.

He says he thinks he hasn't dropped a practice pass at Miami "because I'm so focused."

McKenzie rooms with quarterback Robert Marve. And the two have a tremendous friendship. They already have some private hand signals they used on scout team.

"He always knows that wherever he throws the ball I'm going to get it," McKenzie said. "Working together, that's where we've got our connection."
 9 years ago '04        #3018
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 28, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Torrance (CA) El Camino Community College FB Patrick Hill got a visit from coach Tommie Robinson two days ago.

"He came down and met with me, my dad and my brother and my mom," Hill said. "We sat down for an hour and a half, had a nice long talk about how he feels me as a player and person and how I'd fit into their program."

Hill said Robinson didn't come out and officially offer a scholarship, but "He said they need a fullback and are very interested. He said he didn't fly out there for no reason."

Miami is so interested that they've set up an official visit date of Dec. 14-16 for Hill.

Hill has already taken an official visit to Texas A&M, which is the only major program that has offered him.

Assuming Miami offers and he likes his visit, Hill knows where he'll be going.

"I could commit during the (Miami) visit," Hill said. "Miami's No. 1 on my list. I love the program, have followed them since I've been a college football fan. There's a lot of tradition and history there."

Hill attended Los Angeles Fairfax High School and was the third leading rusher in the city as a senior he played tailback and had 2,056 yards and 19 touchdowns.

He moved to fullback at El Camino Community College. Last year he had seven touchdowns; this year he had four scores.

"They use me as a lead blocker and to get the tough yardage when it's third and one or fourth and inches," the 5-foot-9 1/2, 250-pounder with 4.7-second speed said.

Hill is being recruited as a fullback.

"Yesterday my coach compared me to Lorenzo Neal (of the Chargers)," Hill said.

Hill says he began speaking with Cane coaches in the last two weeks.
 9 years ago '04        #3019
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 28, 2007

The Hurricanes need immediate help at defensive tackle.

And Bakersfield (CA) Community College DT Daniel Calvin might be a quick fix.

Calvin is a first-team All-Conference selection this year and is rated one of the nation's top JUCO defensive tackle prospects by Rivals.com.

On top of that he wants to be a Hurricane.

"Oh, man, it would be a big chance I go there, a great chance," Calvin said.

Just one holdup: He doesn't have an offer yet.

"Miami's recruiting me I last talked to coaches a couple of weeks ago," Calvin said. "I spoke to (defensive backs coach) Wesley McGriff. He was saying how he heard about me, wants to watch my film and that I have to get my grades and everything. He said they'd like to see me at Miami."

Calvin says he's heard great things about UM from former Cane Robert Bergman, who attended the same high school as Calvin Bakersfield High.

"I've been a big fan of the Hurricanes for a long time," Calvin said. "When I was little I remember watching them beat everybody, just winning all the time. I see the players that left Miami like Ray Lewis and Warren Sapp I'm a big fan of them."

Calvin's team plays in the Southern Cal JUCO championship Dec. 1. He hopes to hear from the Canes by then or soon after.

Otherwise he'll turn his attention to offers he does have. Those include Kansas State, Utah, Nevada and Cal. He had offers from Nebraska and Ole Miss as well before their coaches were fired.

A 6-foot-4, 315-pounder, Calvin runs the 40 in 4.9 seconds.

"I sent in film to Miami and my grades, so we'll see what happens," Calvin said.
 9 years ago '04        #3020
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 27, 2007

El Dorado (KS) Butler County C.C. DE Markus White signed with Rutgers out of Lake Worth (FL) John I. Leonard High School.

He says he would have signed with Miami had the Canes dangled a scholarship offer.

They didn't.

But they have now.

White was a nonqualifier out of high school and attended El Dorado (KS) Butler County Community College. The 6-foot-4, 245-pounder with 4.55-second speed emerged as a force this year with 85 tackles and 24.5 sacks.

He was named the Jayhawk Conference Defensive Player of the Year. His team is ranked No. 2. nationally and has won 14 straight games. The championship game is set for Dec. 1.

White currently lists seven offers: UM, West Virginia, Florida State, Oklahoma, North Carolina, NC State and Arkansas.

Because White's season is ongoing, he hasn't set up any official visits yet. He's being recruited to Miami by Michael Barrow.

"I like Miami, like the location," White said. "They've been a good program.

"Coach Barrow is cool, down to earth. I'll have to figure everything out after I take my visits."

White arrived at Butler Community College last spring and says he will have the 62 credits needed to transfer to a Division I school by May.

White says he's always followed Miami's program closely.

"Growing up everyone wants to go there," he said. "I didn't think I'd have a chance (to go there)."
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago