Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #2981
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
 Cap Peeler said:
get your gay a.ss obnoxious sh*t outta here, it's sickening as hell. :finger:

On other news, hell yeah i'm glad this season is over. The sh*t was sickening to see how these seniors were complete garbage and how we're paying the price thanks to Coker's recruits and fu*k ups of the past 3 years.

Now we about to get all these new kids with winning attitudes and spring ball will get started. I know Shannon and his crew will steal a few more players from other programs, Brandon Marti, a two star athlete just decommited from wisconsin and now he about to put on that green/orange jersey on. We will for sure get more defensive players, especially LBs and that's the depth of our class coming in. Another thing we need is receivers; if we can get 3 or 4 more solid guys on that position that would be good. Shannon needs to lock up more south florida players such as those other two kids from the NWestern that haven't commited yet such as Streeter who i believe will end up being a Cane and Benjamin Jones...

Finally the kyle Wright era is over and so is the Kirby Freeman cuz my n*ggas Robert Marve and Jacory Harris are taking over college football by storm next season and sh*t...even that QB from Texas might even make a push at the starting position as well and also homeboy from Virginia as well... Aldarius Johnson will ball out and that bum a.ss Sam Shields is out as well. Davon Johnson will make garbage a.ss Lance leggett get his a.ss to the bench as well. Whole bunch of underachievers.... and our D-Line will get much much more improvement with Forston coming in as a freshman. I dunno if we finna end up with Patrick Johnson... that n*gga has really been acting suspect with his commitment and if we get him, good, if not then oh well fu*k that n*gga then.

Graig Cooper should be one of the most electrifying RBs next season, no doubt and that backfield should look much better cuz baby J and McNeal are gonna get their yards as well.
THANK YOU MY MAN THANK YOU:applause::applause:
 9 years ago '04        #2982
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM's Shannon: Seniors are key
Coach Randy Shannon said the presence of seniors on UM's football team 'makes a difference.' He wants more of them.
Posted on Mon, Nov. 26, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY PATRICK DORSEY

ROBERT WILLETT/RALEIGH NEWS & OBSERVER
Junior defensive back Kenny Phillips, shown vs. North Carolina earlier this season, is ranked No. 16 by Scouts Inc. among next year's NFL draft prospects.The University of Miami finished its season with nine seniors atop the depth chart -- an average number compared to other college football teams.

A few were strong, but others were unproductive. Some struggled with injuries all season.

So, coach Randy Shannon wants more. A lot more.

''[In] the years we've won championships, we've had a lot of seniors at the University of Miami,'' Shannon said Sunday at his last post-game-day press conference of the season. ``It makes a big difference in what you're trying to get done.''

The big difference, specifically: something Shannon calls ''that extra push,'' which separates programs like that of Boston College -- which notched another of its many late wins Saturday against UM by scoring 14 fourth-quarter points -- from those like that of the Hurricanes, who by Shannon's count lost five winnable games this year.

Those five games -- especially the ones against North Carolina, North Carolina State and Georgia Tech -- kept UM (5-7, 2-6 ACC) out of a bowl game for the first time since 1997.

They also kept Shannon from reaching his goal of eight wins in his debut season.

And the slide can be stopped by stockpiling seniors -- especially the fifth-year kind.

But how to do it?

''If Calais [Campbell] and Kenny [Phillips] stay,'' Shannon said, ``that's a start.''

Campbell, a redshirt junior defensive end, is ranked seventh by Scouts Inc. among next year's draft prospects. Phillips, a true junior, is ranked No. 16. Some mock drafts have both going in or near the top 10 if they declare.

Neither has indicated which way he is leaning. But if Shannon had his way, both would be back.

''I'm not going to prevent Kenny or Calais from ever reaching the goals that they want to do,'' Shannon said. ``But, like I always do with all the guys on defense -- and I'll do it with these guys -- [I'll tell them] to fill out their forms, send them to the NFL, and get evaluated by the NFL.''

If they grade too low, Shannon said, they should come back. If they grade high, Shannon wouldn't blame them for leaving.

But it never hurts to play all four years -- with Shannon citing former standout safety Ed Reed, who delayed his Pro Bowl NFL career by one year and shared a national title in 2001.

''Like [Reed] told me,'' Shannon said. `` `Because the money's [always] going to be there, I need to win a championship.'

``I'm not the guy to try to keep them in school for myself . . , [but] that could be a start if those guys start the trend.''

The trend would involve more than just bringing back one strong junior class. It also would restart the ''grooming'' process, which recently has allowed UM to reload instead of rebuild.

Add Shannon's commitment to recruit ''football players'' instead of ''athletes,'' and the soon to be second-year head coach was decidedly positive a day after ending a season he termed ``disappointing.''

''The future's there [that] we want,'' said Shannon, noting the number of young players to see playing time this season. ``We've got to get these guys to stay here -- to be fifth-year, fourth-year guys -- to develop those young guys and show them how to understand what it takes.

``Because when you're young, you're young. But when you've got all these old guys staying, then you'll be OK.''
 9 years ago '04        #2983
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
it was just reported that shawn taylor got shot this mornin in the groin
 9 years ago '07        #2984
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Playnogames305 said:
it was just reported that shawn taylor got shot this mornin in the groin
:wow::wow::wow::wow::banghead::banghead::banghead: :banghead:

prayers go to him
 9 years ago '06        #2985
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11928 11928
Damn the great sean taylor was shot :(
 11-26-2007, 10:21 AM         #2986
Mr. 2-85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my thoughts and prayers are wit 'em
 11-26-2007, 12:51 PM         #2987
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Keep Taylor and his fam in your prayers. He was there when I was there.. Crazy kid but funny as hell.. I heard he was shot twice.. damn
 9 years ago '07        #2988
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
Keep Taylor and his fam in your prayers. He was there when I was there.. Crazy kid but funny as hell.. I heard he was shot twice.. damn
i met him a couple times and the dude is a genuine good guy and a father. About the bullets, one missed and one hit him in the groin
 11-26-2007, 02:33 PM         #2989
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
First Everett now this. And Bryan last year.. I really hope he pulls through this...
 9 years ago '05        #2990
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 RakimAllahNY said:
First Everett now this. And Bryan last year.. I really hope he pulls through this...
Yea thats what i was just thinking about. How all of this is happening. This is too much.
 9 years ago '04        #2991
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
one of these cubans or haitians must have done some santeria sh*t to all the sports teams in this city. They did it the year the heat won the championship

bad sh*t has happened since that series
 9 years ago '06        #2992
titanreese 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 384 384
RIP Sean Taylor :(
 9 years ago '04        #2993
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
we have lost a great one...

rest in peace sean taylor.
 9 years ago '04        #2994
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
man, im hurt.....R.I.P.
 9 years ago '04        #2995
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,321 | Props total: 565 565
R.I.P. Sean Taylor
 11-27-2007, 09:33 AM         #2996
Mr. 2-85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P to my boy Sean Taylor...you'll truly be missed homeboy.

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #2997
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
R.I.P Sean Taylor
 11-27-2007, 10:42 AM         #2998
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm literally in shock.... Like speechless..... This was the big homie, had a young daughter too.. like damn
 9 years ago '07        #2999
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
damn, RIP to a great human being
 9 years ago '05        #3000
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
damn this fu*king sucks, i just woke up so its like im in total shock

rip sean
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
196 comments
2 days ago