most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #2941
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 1000bluntz said:
Hey homie I don't trash them in every post just after pathetic showings like they've had recently. I don't like Miami sure but I am a Florida fan but I hate FSU far more. You act like I have no right to post in here which is dumb. At least I understand the game unlike most n*ggas on this forum.
true, im not trying to start an arguement, but it just seemed like you always had some critism for the U
 9 years ago '06        #2942
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
 1000bluntz said:
I bet I could call better games than Nix, he's atrocious.
He's not great, in fact he calls the worse RZ plays I have ever seen, but he does an OK job with what he has. I'm just glad Larry Coker chose Sam Shields over Preston Parker SS is gonna be a good player, but PP is already hella good.
 9 years ago '04        #2943
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
 ttime236 said:
true, im not trying to start an arguement, but it just seemed like you always had some critism for the U
Yeah I'll tone it down I ain't trying to trash I'm just being real about the recruiting situation and how I feel about the coaching staff, they remind me of Zook at UF but even more inept. Zook was a great recruiter for UF like Shannon seems to be so far. We need quite a few guys you are recruiting and or have committed right now. Well not need because Urban will get his regardless but getting South Florida talent is important.

Last edited by 1000bluntz; 11-19-2007 at 03:35 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #2944
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Yeah I'll tone it down I ain't trying to trash I'm just being real about the recruiting situation and how I feel about the coaching staff, they remind me of Zook at UF but even more inept. Zook was a great recruiter for UF like Shannon seems to be so far. We need quite a few guys you are recruiting and or have committed right now. Well not need because Urban will get his regardless but getting South Florida talent is important.
I see where your coming from man
 9 years ago '06        #2945
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
u can have mccray u scum

but bucahnon and brandon harris

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM         #2946
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
November 18, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Basketball Board
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

What a difference a year makes.

After struggling last year with injuries and rarely catching a break, the men's basketball team is off to a 4-0 start. And already has a title under its belt.

The Canes won the Puerto Rico Tip-Off tonight with a 64-58 victory over Providence.

"It was a tremendous feeling," coach Frank Haith said. "Our guys showed tremendous toughness. We knew tonight's game would be a tough game. We knew Providence was hard-nosed, physical."

With five minutes left UM was tied for its biggest lead of the game the Canes were up four points, 50-46. But then Providence reeled off five consecutive points to lead, 51-50, with four minutes left. That was the last lead the Friars would enjoy. A Brian Asbury three put the Canes up two points, but with three minutes remaining it was a tie game, 53-53.

Then Jack McClinton, after taking a lengthy break on the bench with four fouls, hit a long three with 2:17 left. It was 56-53 Miami. After an offensive foul against Providence James Dews made a runner and was fouled. He hit the free throw to put Miami up, 59-53, with 1:30 on the clock. McClinton fouled out with 1:06 left chasing a loose ball, and the Friars made one of two to make it a 59-54 game. Anthony King was quickly fouled, and he missed the front end. Dwain Williams followed by hitting a running layup with 50.3 seconds left. That quickly it was a one possession game, 59-56. With 33.1 seconds left Eddie Rios went to the line and made one of two. It was 60-56. Providence followed with a basket that cut Miami's lead to 60-58 with 22.4 seconds on the clock.

With 13.7 seconds remaining Dews was fouled he calmly made both to give Miami a four-point lead. Then, with 2.9 seconds left, Asbury came away with a rebound that sealed the outcome.

"It was a tough, hand-to-hand combat type (game)," Haith said. "Late in the ball game, something we've done this year is practice late game situations more than in the past we do it every day. Our guys felt real good about making plays. We had guys that wanted to go to the free throw line late in the game."

Asbury was scoreless in the first half but finished with 16 points on five of 11 shooting.

Dews added 17 points on five of 10 shooting.

"Dews hit some huge shots in the second half," Haith said.

Also in double figures was King with 12 points on five of six shooting. He added eight rebounds along with four a.ssists and two blocked shots.

McClinton had eight points despite limited time due to foul trouble. He was named to the All-Tournament team after the game.

Freshman Eddie Rios had four a.ssists in significant time off the bench.

"Jack gets in foul trouble, we have guys step up," Haith said. "Eddie gets in the game, gets us going offensively by attacking the zone. We had so many guys make huge plays - Jack's cold, comes in and knocks down a three."

Miami picked up the pace after a lackluster first half that saw the team trail at the break, 22-18.

What did Haith tell his team at halftime?

"I said, `We didn't play our best basketball and we're only down four,'" Haith said. "We talked about how to attack the zone."

The Canes finished hitting 44.7 percent of their shots from the floor. The Friars were held to a 36.7-percent shooting percentage.

Miami had a 40-39 rebounding advantage in the game.

"I'm so proud," Haith said. "This gives us a boost of confidence. I talked to our guys about how to handle this. I want them to feel god about it, but I want them to understand that we still have a lot of work to do. We're heading in the right direction.

"Because of all the adversity we had last season, our kids are hardened by that. That's the luxury of having a bench (this year)."
 9 years ago '04        #2947
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
Not to further ingrain my Gator sh*t in y'alls Miami thread but I've been hearing that Travis Benjamin is really looking for a Gator offer and if he gets it, which is highly likely he will commit to the Gators. I guess Deonte been in his ear and I heard Benjamin was doing the Gator chomp all game his last game. He may be small but the kid is definitely a baller and will help any team he is on, hear he is a very hard worker and I hope he goes to UF but if not y'all will be getting a pretty good one.
 11-19-2007, 10:21 PM         #2948
VirginiaHustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:
it will when the seniors leave and the imcoming freshman start playin ball
True that. Almost all of V Tech's defense is graduating this year so it will be interesting to see how we are next year and if Taylor can stay healthy. I see you're a fellow Skins fan, I'm so fu*king pissed Sean Taylor was out because they had GD Fletcher covering TO and made damn fools out of Springs. Jason Campbell is really coming along though, they should have let him loose earlier in the season.
 9 years ago '07        #2949
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 VirginiaHustler said:
True that. Almost all of V Tech's defense is graduating this year so it will be interesting to see how we are next year and if Taylor can stay healthy. I see you're a fellow Skins fan, I'm so fu*king pissed Sean Taylor was out because they had GD Fletcher covering TO and made damn fools out of Springs. Jason Campbell is really coming along though, they should have let him loose earlier in the season.
Yea, Taylor's gonna be a good one for years. You speak the truth bout the skins man. JC should be able to just ball and Sean Taylor had better get a fu*kin extension soon.....Him and McIntosh are building blocks and are both from the U:D
 9 years ago '07        #2950
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Not to further ingrain my Gator sh*t in y'alls Miami thread but I've been hearing that Travis Benjamin is really looking for a Gator offer and if he gets it, which is highly likely he will commit to the Gators. I guess Deonte been in his ear and I heard Benjamin was doing the Gator chomp all game his last game. He may be small but the kid is definitely a baller and will help any team he is on, hear he is a very hard worker and I hope he goes to UF but if not y'all will be getting a pretty good one.
no argument there, the kid is a legit ballplayer.:applause:
 9 years ago '04        #2951
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 Xaiv said:
He's not great, in fact he calls the worse RZ plays I have ever seen, but he does an OK job with what he has. I'm just glad Larry Coker chose Sam Shields over Preston Parker SS is gonna be a good player, but PP is already hella good.
he didnt "choose" shields over parker.

we were supposed to get both, but Parker didnt want to put in the work to get past admissions
 9 years ago '06        #2952
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
man i miss the swagger we had :( :( :( :( :(

lol @ 3:50 seconds what erickson said

"forget about it, drop dead, where gonna win anyhow"

lol @ grilling them before the game started

lol @ us setting a record for personal fouls

* wipes tear from the eye *

Last edited by DEDOS; 11-20-2007 at 09:23 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #2953
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
man i miss the swagger we had :( :( :( :( :(

lol @ 3:50 seconds what erickson said

"forget about it, drop dead, where gonna win anyhow"

lol @ grilling them before the game started

lol @ us setting a record for personal fouls

* wipes tear from the eye *

stop watching sh*t like that...that era of miami football is dead.

its a new beginning. we cant keep living off the past
 11-20-2007, 01:37 PM         #2954
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Shannon keeps up with these rules aint sh*t gonna change. Ever Butch let up after a while and let the players go. Shannon will learn or be unemployed.
 9 years ago '04        #2955
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
If Shannon keeps up with these rules aint sh*t gonna change. Ever Butch let up after a while and let the players go. Shannon will learn or be unemployed.

dude the rules aint a problem. because none of that sh*t has anything to do with the football field.

our problem is strictly football issues...that the questionable ability, skill wise, and character wise of about half our team.

dont be suprised if you hear about some guys getting ran off.
 9 years ago '07        #2956
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
The off-field rules are beneficial and keep the players out of trouble. I think that with winning, Shannon will open up and allow the players to start "celebrating" on the field. But, first he needs to get this program winning again before it can regain the swagger.
 9 years ago '05        #2957
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 C.R.I.P. said:
he didnt "choose" shields over parker.

we were supposed to get both, but Parker didnt want to put in the work to get past admissions

another reason why donna shalala can suck a d*ck

Last edited by Deeangoe; 11-21-2007 at 12:34 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #2958
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Without a win at Boston College, Saturday would be the finale for a UM senior class that produced some positive stories ( Darnell Jenkins' productive year, Vegas Franklin's team-leading seven sacks), but several disappointments, too.

Chatter on some of the 23 seniors and their futures:

Kyle Wright, rated the No. 1 quarterback of the 2003 class, says he can't pinpoint why he couldn't build on his 18 touchdown, 10 interception sophomore season (he's at 10/13 this year), or deliver more games like September's 21-of-26, 275-yard gem vs. Texas A&M. (Blame receivers for at least a couple of his INTs this year.)

''You depend so much on what goes on around you,'' said Wright, who hasn't had elite receivers. ``Four offensive coordinators the past five years -- it was hard to get continuity and used to a system. Every offseason, not only me, but helping others learn a new system.

``If I would have listened to people who said how bad I [stink], I would start believing I [stink]. But I know that's not the case. I gave it my best shot.''

Wright -- who appreciates the help Ken Dorsey, Bernie Kosar and Gino Torretta offered -- says he's counting on a pro career. ''He'll probably be an undrafted free agent,'' NFL Network draftnik Mike Mayock said. ``He's out of sight on my board.''

Underachieving receiver Lance Leggett, rated No. 21 overall by rivals.com in '04, has dropped from 38 to 15 receptions, and coaches have been down on him. ''I'm disappointed because I haven't achieved what I wanted the last four years,'' Leggett said. ''It's not talent. I'm talented!'' Leggett could be another Ryan Moore, who never got an NFL tryout and has been auditioning for Arena teams.

Sixth-year cornerback Glenn Sharpe overcame two serious knee injuries, only to be slowed by hamstring problems this year. 'It's frustrating -- I've asked myself, `Why?' '' he admits of a hard-luck career which also included the questionable pass interference call in the January 2003 national championship Fiesta Bowl. `` Antrel Rolle said to keep my head up and pray.''

Mayock said Sharpe remains an NFL prospect because of ``good size and long arms.''

NFL people say Jenkins and Tavares Gooden boosted their stock: ''Both run well -- Gooden will be in the third round area,'' Mayock said. Draftnik Russ Lande said Jenkins projects as a mid-round pick. . . . Mayock sees Teraz McCray as a late-round pick, at best. . . . Among injured seniors who could be redshirted or get a medical redshirt ( Glenn Cook, Romeo Davis, Charlie Jones), a UM official noted Jones was introduced with the seniors at the last home game, but Cook and Davis weren't and might return. Coach Randy Shannon highly values Cook.
 9 years ago '07        #2959
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
Damn, I feel bad when the good seniors get wrongly criticized by everyone(even I did it), but imma miss someof these dudes when they graduate
 9 years ago '04        #2960
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
Recruits sticking with UM
Even though it has played poorly this season, UM likely won't see many defections from its 2008 recruiting class.
Posted on Wed, Nov. 21, 2007
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By MANNY NAVARRO

Miami Northwestern quarterback Jacory Harris, leader of the nation's top-ranked high school football team, laughed last week when he was asked what would happen if his team would lose a game by the same 48-0 score the University of Miami did against Virginia on Nov. 10.

''. . . The school would go on code red lockdown,'' said Harris, one of 21 University of Miami commitments, and one of more than a dozen who was on the sideline for the Virginia game.

Barring an upset victory at 15th-ranked Boston College, UM's season will end Saturday at 5-7, its worst record since it finished 3-8 in 1977. Many outsiders believe it could lead to a similar ''code red'' situation for the Canes' recruiting efforts, which feature a class some have tabbed as the nation's best. But UM coaches and recruits are saying otherwise.

`NOT BUDGING'

Northwestern linebacker Sean Spence, a UM recruit, said he's ''not budging'' and ''believes in coach Randy Shannon,'' even if Tennessee and North Carolina have been pressuring him lately to change his mind. The same goes for Booker T. Washington receivers Davon Johnson and Thearon Collier, and Hollywood Chaminade linebacker Jordan Futch.

Talk aside, one thing is for sure: the Hurricanes badly need their next class to be talented because players, coaches, recruits and fans are banking on it.

''Once those guys get here,'' safety Randy Phillips said Tuesday, ``the attitude around here is going to change.''

But nothing is guaranteed -- especially in the unstable world of recruiting. After a 44-14 loss to Virginia Tech last week, Shannon said he and his staff needed to ``recruit their butts off.''

The Hurricanes did that after their last fall from grace. Following a 5-6 season in 1997, Miami responded by bringing in some of the most talented players in the program's history, including Dan Morgan, Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss. A year later, Miami turned to Morgan, Reed and Wayne -- who led the team in tackles and receiving -- to an 8-3 season. The talent run eventually led to the program's fifth national title in 2001.

''To me, this is 1997 all over again,'' said defensive line coach and recruiting director Clint Hurtt, who was part of UM's 1997 recruiting class. ``We had 32 of the 44 players in the two-deep then who were freshmen, redshirt freshmen or sophomores, and all we continued to do was build off that talent and bring in great classes after that.''

But before anyone in South Florida starts talking about championships again, Shannon has said UM needs players in next year's class to contribute immediately. He said he wants players that ''can change the culture'' of Miami's football program.

''The guys we're evaluating we feel are bosses, hogs, guys who are competitive,'' Hurtt said. ``They are guys that come from winning programs and they understand what it takes to win.''

Futch said he, Harris and a number of other recruits visited UM a day after the Virginia loss (a usual occurence on Sundays by Dade, Broward and Palm Beach county recruits) and told coaches they didn't like what they saw from their future teammates.

''None of us like what we're seeing, but all of us think we can come in, make a difference,'' said Harris, who is taking online English and economics courses so he can graduate early and attend UM classes in the spring.

``You're not supposed to lose 48-zip and be OK with it. You expect to see more if you're a die-hard Cane.''

WAVERING RECRUITS?

Once the season ends, all that will matter for UM's program is who the die-hard Canes recruits are. Recruiting analysts say a few commitments are wavering, including Pompano Beach Ely's Patrick Johnson, the best player in Broward and one of the best cornerbacks in the country, and Dunnellon linebacker Lerentee McCray.

''I think Patrick Johnson will end up picking LSU or Florida. But I think the six kids from Northwestern will probably stick together,'' said Charles Fishbein, the director of high school scouting for MSLCombines.net. ``And that's important. UM needs their talent, but they also need their mentality, the kind that raises the level of intensity in practice and carries the program.''
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago