Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
44 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2921
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Northwestern tops Coral Gables, remains unbeaten

The Miami Northwestern Bulls took the first step in their quest to repeat as 6A state champions Friday night as they completely dominated the Coral Gables Cavaliers in a 53-10 rout at Traz Powell Stadium.

The Bulls, who are ranked No. 1 in the nation by every major poll, looked to be clicking on all cylinders; gaining 377 yards of offense and only allowing the Cavaliers to gain 127 yards.

Senior quarterback Jacory Harris had one of his best performances of the season, completing 15 of 18 passes for 211 yards and 4 touchdowns and running for two more touchdowns.

Harris said that he was just taking what the defense was giving him.

''They tried to show us some different things than what we saw on film, but we made some minor adjustments and just made plays,'' Harris said. ``My receivers made plays, my o-line blocked, and we just did our thing tonight.''

Northwestern also got big a lift from their running game, as junior tailback Daquan Hargrett ran around and through the Coral Gables defense for 121 yards and a touchdown.

Coral Gables did start the game off well, as they returned the opening kickoff 49 yards, which led to a 32 yard Xavier Carville field goal with 8:10 remaining in the first quarter.

It only took the Bulls a minute to answer back when Harris found wide receiver Kendal Thompkins on a swing pass and Thompkins snekkid through the entire Cavaliers defense for a 31 yard touchdown.

The Bulls defense also got into the act, forcing two fumbles and intercepting Christopher Gordon three times.

Northwestern coach Billy Rolle said that he was just glad to have his whole team back on the field.

''We've had a lot of kids out with injuries from the regular season, and we finally got healthy enough to put our whole team out there on the field. We played our original basic lineup and they produced big for us tonight,'' Rolle said.

If the night wasn't great enough for the Bulls, senior defensive tackle Marcus Forston was honored before kickoff with an invitation to play in the 8th Annual U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

''He's a great teammate and a great leader,'' Harris said. ``They couldn't have picked a better person to go other than Marcus.''

The Bulls will now move on to face the Christopher Columbus Explorers next Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

in other news, brandon harris had a pick in booker t. washington's 49-0 first-round win

florida high school playoff season >>>
 9 years ago '04        #2922
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
NW's Forston, Krop's Sabino chosen

Two more of Miami-Dade County's top prospects were named to the eighth annual U.S. Army All-American Bowl game this week.

Northwestern senior defensive tackle Marcus Forston and Krop linebacker Etienne Sabino join Homestead linebacker Marcus Robinson on the roster, giving Miami-Dade County its highest number of participants ever in the prestigious all-star game.

Sabino (6-3, 230 pounds) is rated the No. 4 middle linebacker in the nation by Scout.com and is the first Krop player to receive this honor.

''I feel extremely honored to even be considered for the game,'' said Sabino, who has committed to Ohio State. ``All the hard work I put in; waking up at 5 a.m. to run and lift weights. I also would like to thank all my coaches and my teammates.''

Forston was presented with his official invitation Friday night before the Bulls' first-round playoff game against Coral Gables.

''I feel really good about getting selected to the game. I really appreciate them for recognizing me and selecting me to play. But I really owe it all to my coaches and my teammates that helped me get to this point,'' Forston said.

Forston (6-3, 305 pounds) is the second Northwestern player to be named to the all-star showcase. Travarous Bain was the first in 2002.

The event will be televised Jan. 5 from the Alamodome in San Antonio on NBC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHASING STATE CROWNS

Northwestern and Booker T. Washington's victories out of town are looking better and better. Southlake Carroll (Texas) remains in the top 10 in every major national poll and has rolled past its seven opponents since losing to the Bulls 29-21 on Sept. 15.

The Dragons (9-1) are ranked sixth by ESPN.com and Rivals.com and must win six games to claim their fourth consecutive Class 5A Texas state championship.

Booker T., ranked No. 4 by ESPN, is the only team to beat Summerville High of South Carolina. Since the Tornadoes' 36-3 victory on ESPN on Aug. 25, the Green Wave slipped from the national rankings, but has won 11 consecutive games. Summerville could play South Carolina power Byrnes in the next round of the playoffs. Byrnes (12-0), which is ranked No. 21, beat Belle Glade Glades Central last season and Orlando Dr. Phillips earlier this year. Both games were nationally televised.
 9 years ago '04        #2923
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
patrick nix calls the worst redzone plays i've EVER seen
 9 years ago '06        #2924
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,552 | Props total: 11912 11912
kyle wright is bipoler man i swear

this is prob the best game hes ever played

our D tho
 9 years ago '04        #2925
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
we're gonna miss darnell jenkins next year, he's like 1 of 3 seniors i'll be sad to see go
 9 years ago '06        #2926
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
i should of known
 9 years ago '07        #2927
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
no surprise with Kyle Wright f*ckin up...

cant wait til him and freeman are outta here

its the same sh*t every week
 11-17-2007, 10:07 PM         #2928
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
patrick nix calls the worst redzone plays i've EVER seen

Pretty much.. Guys is fu*king terrible.. And they switch backs in the wrong situations too..

Only good thing about this game? My fam Hankerson caught a touchdown.
 9 years ago '05        #2929
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
i keep jinxing the canes

games ive listened to in the radio while stuck at work canes are 3-1
games ive seen live / in stadium 2-1

games i didnt see cuz i was getting fu*ked up at gator growl 0-1
games ive seen on my hdtv specifically for sports 0-3

and yes i saw the game on tv today
 9 years ago '04        #2930
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:

Pretty much.. Guys is fu*king terrible.. And they switch backs in the wrong situations too..

Only good thing about this game? My fam Hankerson caught a touchdown.

it was a fu*king joke watching 285-pound jarell mabry waddle around at slot receiver

you'd think someone on that coaching staff would tell nix to line him up at fullback to pick up one of those guys who was pummeling wright all day
 9 years ago '04        #2931
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,021 | Props total: 2214 2214
I bet I could call better games than Nix, he's atrocious.
 9 years ago '06        #2932
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
the passing offense was on fire( and i say that from this seasons stand point it was on ), again turnover cost us, and kyle needs to get rid of the ball out earlier than he did on those fumbles and protect the ball

i swear this team is bi poler , one game we have 350 yards rushing and one completion in a game and then we have this game

regardless that was prob the best game kyle wright has ever played in miami ( and that should tell u about how great kyle has been, ohhh well one more game one more game and hes out, wish i can say the same for kirby )

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by DEDOS; 11-18-2007 at 10:19 AM..
 9 years ago '06        #2933
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
and the positives, we had a same sheilds sighting, hankerson played goood and bosher avg 58 yards punting :wow:

damn this season has been tough :hang:
 11-18-2007, 10:26 AM         #2934
VirginiaHustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats up fam, not in here to talk sh*t I just want to converse with some real UMfootball fans. I feel like Kyle played a heck of a game, he did have some turnovers but Tech usually has a pretty stout defense. That guy played season after season with almost no offensive help or protection so I don't think he ever had a chance. I hate Miami with all my heart but even I want you guys to bounce back because it's just good for the rivalry. In college football there's no game I look forward to more than a VA Tech/Miami game and I want for it to mean something again.
 9 years ago '07        #2935
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 VirginiaHustler said:
Whats up fam, not in here to talk sh*t I just want to converse with some real UMfootball fans. I feel like Kyle played a heck of a game, he did have some turnovers but Tech usually has a pretty stout defense. That guy played season after season with almost no offensive help or protection so I don't think he ever had a chance. I hate Miami with all my heart but even I want you guys to bounce back because it's just good for the rivalry. In college football there's no game I look forward to more than a VA Tech/Miami game and I want for it to mean something again.
it will when the seniors leave and the imcoming freshman start playin ball
 9 years ago '04        #2936
1000bluntz 
space
space
Do y'all think Shields is gonna be a player? I remember some Cane fans were foolish enough to say that the kid was better than any receiver we recruited that year, and that was the year we got Harvin .
 9 years ago '07        #2937
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Do y'all think Shields is gonna be a player? I remember some Cane fans were foolish enough to say that the kid was better than any receiver we recruited that year, and that was the year we got Harvin .
idk why you always come in the hurricanes thread with your trash?

5 championships>>2 championships
 9 years ago '04        #2938
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 1000bluntz said:
yes i do believe he will be good. he has had his struggles this year on the field and off the field but their have been plenty of times he's been open and we couldnt get him the ball.

so until we get at least Average QB play he will continue down this path.

luckily Marve and Harris are 1 and 2 next year.

but he wont be better than harvin. he's just not.
 9 years ago '04        #2939
1000bluntz 
space
space
 ttime236 said:
idk why you always come in the hurricanes thread with your trash?

5 championships>>2 championships
Hey homie I don't trash them in every post just after pathetic showings like they've had recently. I don't like Miami sure but I am a Florida fan but I hate FSU far more. You act like I have no right to post in here which is dumb. At least I understand the game unlike most n*ggas on this forum.
 9 years ago '04        #2940
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
it would be nice to see what shields could do with a decent QB
harvin is on another level tho
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Alleged 72 hour Final Fantasy XV battle actually takes 50 minutes
54 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
J.Cole dissing Kanye on new song "False Prophets"
343 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy