Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '07        #2881
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Cap Peeler said:
November 12, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Pompano Beach Ely High School DB Patrick Johnson has said in the past that he tells some reporters what he thinks they want to hear.

And it appears that's happened again.

A Georgia website reported yesterday that, after an official visit to the school, Johnson said, "I am opening things back up now. I am open to other schools and not committed to Miami. I am now looking at Georgia, LSU, USC and Florida too."

Not so fast, says Patrick's father.

"He didn't decommit," Patrick Sr. said. "The commitment is still there. Everything's still the same. You know how that goes – you hear different stuff from different people.

"Pat knows what he's doing."

Dad adds that "The commitment should still be there when it comes time to lock it down. He's still there. He just wants to keep his options open, see other schools, what they have to offer. The University of Miami is his first goal."

Patrick Sr., his wife and Pat took the visit to Georgia together.

"It was not what we thought it would be like," Patrick Sr. said. "The atmosphere wasn't powerful like we thought it would be. It was nice, though. The fans were nice."

Patrick Sr. says No. 2 on Pat's list behind Miami is LSU.
bluntz, just take that and get the fu*k back to your gaytors thread
 9 years ago '06        #2882
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12219 12219
 Junior G said:
I'm hearing Robinson and Johnson are decommited.
O RLY?

the only way robinson dont come here is cuz of his grades and i think thats gonna be a problem

9 years ago '04        #2883
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Hurtt has message for recruits

On a night when the Hurricanes were embarrassed, UM recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt had a message for the many high school recruits in UM's losing lockerroom. And basically, it was this: Get your gear and get ready because you're going to play next season.

"I'd tell them hurry up and get in their mind right now that when they get here next spring or in the fall, hurry up and get your equipment fitted because they’re going to be on the field right away," Hurtt told me in a private moment.

"There’s a culture about this team we got to change. And we’re going to start with the guys with who we recruit. Not because we feel that they’re great players, but because of their mentality and the kind of players we’re recruiting. That’s the biggest thing for us and I would tell them, just make sure they hurry up and get to campus as soon as possible because they got to get fitted and ready to go. Because all of them are going to play.

I asked Hurtt why he believed these potential recruits could really changed the losing culture at UM.

"Everything is about evaluation in recruiting and the guys we’re evalutating we feel are bosses. Guys we feel are hogs, guys who are competitive. Guys, that come from winning programs and they understand what it takes to win. And that’s the reason they’re being recruited, not just because they’re great players because we believe they have a desire to win. Point blank."

It will be interesting to see what happens. UM's 48-0 loss was embarrassing. But in the brief conversations I had with recruits -- linebacker Jordan Futch and cornerback Brandon Harris (a target) -- they didn't seem to bothered. In fact, both seemed happy, like they were licking their chops and couldn't wait to get here next year. UM has to hope that feeling lasts long. The rest of the season is not going to get any easier.
 9 years ago '04        #2884
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Keeping recruits a concern amid UM's slide
Some wavering, but UM expects stellar '08 class

CORAL GABLES - At each home game, potential Miami Hurricanes recruits sit together in the southwest corner of the end zone at the Orange Bowl.

They are so visible fans often ask them to pose for photographs, making the stars of tomorrow feel like they are being chased by paparazzi. The scene occurs in Section X, but these days the question is whether they will become ex-commitments.

With the Hurricanes coming off an embarrassing defeat to Virginia and facing a losing season, the whispers have begun of one of the nation's top recruiting class possibly breaking apart. The recruits say no, but anything is possible in the uncertain world of college football recruiting.

"A lot of people try to go out there and cherry pick," said Jeremy Crabtree, national recruiting analyst for Rivals.com. "In the southeastern part of the country, you've got so many schools that are concentrated. They're already battling for top talent. When you throw in that a team is struggling, they're going to continue recruiting. They're not calling off the dogs."

The Hurricanes have 21 commitments for the 2008 season. It has been ranked anywhere from first to sixth among recruiting classes by scouting services, including No. 1 by ESPN.com. Coach Randy Shannon and staff have already hinted they expect immediate contributions next season, but keeping the recruits and landing additional ones will be tough.

A quick surf of the Internet is all that's needed to know the Hurricanes are in for a f!ght as National Signing Day approaches. The gem of the class is rumored daily to have jumped ship, and a potential commitment ripped into the UM program despite his father being a member of the Hurricanes' 1987 team.

"It's almost like [Shannon] has to baby-sit things," Crabtree said.

Ely cornerback Patrick Johnson is regarded as the state's top prospect. He has been linked to Southern California, LSU and recently Georgia. When asked what happens if UM is blown out in its final two games, Johnson takes a deep breath. After a pause to think, he says, "I'm still unchanged."

"I'm 90 percent sure I'm going to Miami," Johnson said. "I really wasn't concerned with [Miami] getting whupped. I was just thinking that I can go in there and make a name for myself."

Quarterback Taylor Cook of Altair High in Texas felt the same. He watched the 48-0 Virginia debacle with his grandparents.

"It was disappointing to see them lose, but it just gives me more incentive to come," Cook said. "We want to help change things."

For the most part, the members of the recruiting class agreed. But a blowout loss in the Hurricanes' Orange Bowl finale may have been a little too much for potential commit Matt Patchan. He left the stadium more disappointed than an angry fan.

Patchan is one of the nation's top offensive lineman recruits at Armwood High in the Tampa area. His father, Matt Sr., is a former Hurricane, so it was understandable why Patchan was so critical in an interview with Rivals.com after the game. He criticized the current players' attitude and work ethic and said "half those guys in Miami uniforms shouldn't be there."

After reading the comments, UM commitment Jordan Futch said Patchan was only speaking the truth.

"They're going to feel disrespected," said Futch, a linebacker who plans to enroll in January after graduating from Chaminade-Madonna. "They probably needed to hear it. I've talked to some of the [current] players and they feel that's the truth, too. You can't get mad at somebody for telling the truth."

Futch said he believes only two commitments are wavering, possibly linebackers Lerentee McCray of Dunnellon and Homestead's Marcus Robinson. If they go elsewhere, Crabtree says it would be a huge blow because linebackers are the strength of the class.

The positive is the six players from top-ranked Miami Northwestern are all but guarantees to become Hurricanes. The group that includes defensive tackle Marcus Forston and receiver Aldarius Johnson are the reason the class is so highly regarded.

The players have even taken the nickname "Shannon's Boys" to show support for their future coach.

"We're the ones that everybody is looking forward to be the new generation out there," Futch said. "We've come out saying we're going to be a family and have no mercy. This recruiting class, we're Shannon's Boys."
 9 years ago '04        #2885
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
kyle wright, lance leggett, carlos armour, willie cooper, kirby freeman, charlie jones, darryl sharpton, spencer adkins, romeo davis, glenn cook, tyrone byrd, cyrim wimbs, khalil jones, matt bosher, zampogna, darren daly, & many other..............

Last edited by madness; 11-13-2007 at 03:13 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #2886
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,687 | Props total: 3795 3795
If ya'll lose these next 2...say bye to a few recruits
 9 years ago '06        #2887
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Junior G said:
If ya'll lose these next 2...say bye to a few recruits
wanna bet from now until signing day that our class is gonna be stronger?
 9 years ago '04        #2888
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
November 13, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Hallandale (Fla) High School WR Frankie Hammond Jr. remains a Florida commitment.

But he says the Hurricanes remain high in his recruiting picture.

"I still am going to visit Miami," he said. "I'll also visit Florida and possibly BC as well."

He's already taken an unofficial visit – he was an invited recruit for the NC State game at the Orange Bowl.

"I haven't scheduled the official yet," he said. "Our football team is in the playoffs, we're still playing football. When the season comes to an end I'll make that arrangement."

Hammond remains in regular contact with UM receivers coach Marques Mosely.

"He knows (I'm committed to Florida), but it's a soft verbal so my options are still open," Hammond said. "I tell him my current status, how football is going."

Asked if Florida has a big advantage, Hammond said, "I mean, they have a slight advantage. And the only reason I say that is because they go four wide so the opportunity of receivers getting into the ball game is more likely than at Miami. And academically it's not a bad program at all."

Of how UM's struggles affect him, Hammond said, "It just opened my eyes to see that Miami probably needs playmakers, and I could probably be that person.

"It helps Miami with me because everything seems to be not clicking right. I don't know if they're missing something ... maybe they just need help. It's a developing program. I don't know if next year they'll be national title contenders, but within years to come they'll be back."

What will Hammond look at most closely in the end?

"Academics, athletics, and the need for receivers," he said. "Once I take my visits I'll have a better understanding of what each college is really offering me."

Asked if he's getting flack from some locals about committing to UF, Hammond said, "A lot of people are coming to me and saying Miami will be better than Florida."
 9 years ago '06        #2889
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
:Dan intresting quote regarding arthur brown

That research includes talking with other high profile recruits, such as the country's No. 1 rated cornerback, Patrick Johnson and the country's No. 1 defensive tackle, Marcus Forston.

"Arthur is not the most talkative person, and neither is Patrick," laughed Butler. "But I've spoken to Patrick's dad, as well as Will Hill's dad. I know Arthur speaks with Patrick, Marcus Forston and Matt Patchan – who's a real character.

"Matt is very knowledgeable and knows what's going on. Arthur also hit it off with Jerrell Harris from Alabama. Those are the kids that have been proactive about recruiting and have talked with Arthur. It's just good to communicate and see what other recruits are thinking.

"I mean, to have the nation's No. 1 defensive back, linebacker and defensive tackle on the same team would make one heck of a defense. But they don't talk because they want to attend the same school – it's more about sharing thoughts and comparing different schools."

if barrow pulls this off somehow he has to be the recruiter of the year

he visits here later this month

hes bringing his lil bro with him too for the visit:D

Last edited by DEDOS; 11-14-2007 at 09:32 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #2890
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
Meyer has the last in-home with Brown because he didn't schedule an official with UF. Hopefully he can show him how much all these other programs ain't sh*t and UF about to reel off a few more titles in the coming years. Who would want to go to Miami to play for a coach that has obviously quit and who the players don't want to play for? Shannon is fu*king inept on the sidelines, I don't care if it is his first year these losses are fu*king inexcusable the way the lose.
 9 years ago '04        #2891
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
 1000bluntz said:
Meyer has the last in-home with Brown because he didn't schedule an official with UF. Hopefully he can show him how much all these other programs ain't sh*t and UF about to reel off a few more titles in the coming years. Who would want to go to Miami to play for a coach that has obviously quit and who the players don't want to play for? Shannon is fu*king inept on the sidelines, I don't care if it is his first year these losses are fu*king inexcusable the way the lose.
lol at Shannon "obviously quitting"

and lol at your foolish arrogance
 9 years ago '06        #2892
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
[QUOTE=1000bluntz;10848408]Who would want to go to Miami to play for a coach [QUOTE]

well to answer your question, 26 players are gonna wanna play for miami by signing day somewhere around there

:rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #2893
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
[QUOTE=P. Dedos;10848519][QUOTE=1000bluntz;10848408]Who would want to go to Miami to play for a coach

well to answer your question, 26 players are gonna wanna play for miami by signing day somewhere around there

:rasta:
31 baby..heard thats the #
 9 years ago '06        #2894
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
Future hurricanes

MNW VS Jackson

wow @ sean spence, str8 crushing these fools

damn i pray streeter is this class

Booker T Vs Southridge

brandon harris :wow: :wow:

Colombus vs k!llian

your looking at the future jakori gore, wow @ those cuts

lamar miller was injured :(

future looking bright, gotta love south florida football!! :D
 9 years ago '04        #2895
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
@ these lame-ass schools praying for miami to lose to have a shot at recruits

dade and broward county are on lock bi*ches, even if miami finishes 5-7 most if not all them n*ggas will still end up in orange and green on february 1st:applause:
 9 years ago '07        #2896
Lex Lossis 77 heat pts77
space
space
$25,245 | Props total: 398 398
scout.com

Look at FSU's recruits compared to UM....these n*ggas is comin to FSU...yall got 3 star recruits while we're raking in 5 and 4 star recruits...fall back son. FSU > UM

EJ Manuel my n*gga....NIGEL CARR..JULIO JONES...BRADHAM...n*gga
 9 years ago '07        #2897
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 Lex Lossis said:
scout.com

Look at FSU's recruits compared to UM....these n*ggas is comin to FSU...yall got 3 star recruits while we're raking in 5 and 4 star recruits...fall back son. FSU > UM

EJ Manuel my n*gga....NIGEL CARR..JULIO JONES...BRADHAM...n*gga
dawg, the main website for this sh*t is rivals, but if you wanna bring inother recruiting websites, espn has us at #1
 9 years ago '04        #2898
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Recruits critical of UM
Several football players being recruited heavily by UM sharply criticized Canes players this week. And the Canes don't want to hear it.

On Tuesday, UM players reacted angrily to comments by Seffner Armwood High offensive tackle Matt Patchan, whose father played for UM. But UM oral commitment Marcus Forston of Miami Northwestern and UM target Brandon Harris of Miami Booker T. Washington said in phone interviews that Patchan's comments were dead-on.

Patchan, who attended UM's 48-0 loss to Virginia, told canesport.com that 'there's too many guys that it doesn't bother them that they lost the game. There's too many guys now at the U that [say], `It's OK we lost. Well, what am I going to do tonight?' Like it doesn't mean anything. They need to get rid of those types of guys.''

UM players reacted angrily. ''That insults me a lot,'' tight end Dedrick Epps said. ``It's a false statement. Why would we come to the University of Miami to lose? I didn't hear anybody say what we're going to do tonight. We were hurt.''

Said offensive tackle Jason Fox: ``When someone that's not around your program every day makes judgments about you, it doesn't sit well . . . You take offense. It's unfair.''

Said linebacker Colin McCarthy: ''He doesn't know how we feel. We were all hurt in the locker room. Some may deal with it differently.'' And safety Randy Phillips cracked, ``Evidently, he knows something I don't know from being around here one or two days.''

Coach Randy Shannon, who obviously wants Patchan, said, ``Everyone is entitled to their opinion.''

Forston, a top-rated defensive tackle who attended Saturday's Canes game, said he remains a strong UM commitment, but agrees with Patchan. ''Some guys are not giving full effort,'' Forston said. ``It surprised me. A couple [UM] guys were smiling. I didn't see too much cheering teammates on the sideline. I'm not used to that type of environment.''

Harris, a highly regarded cornerback, was at the OB on Saturday and said Patchan's comments ``are true. Some guys care. Some guys don't. You can sense it. Some are just coasting.''

Harris -- considering UM, Florida and Louisiana State, among others -- said Saturday's UM drubbing ''if anything, would have a positive impact'' on him.

``It lets you know they need players. It's a bad situation.''

UM's Phillips conceded, ``Some guys may not care. I haven't seen it, but evidently it's showing up on the field.''

Patchan, who also told canesport.com that ''half those guys in Miami uniforms shouldn't be there -- they physically don't cut it,'' still is ''absolutely'' considering UM (along with UF and LSU), his father, Matt Sr., said by phone. ``His comments were borne of frustration and his lifelong connection to the team. He's a very passionate kid.''

• UM freshman defensive back Doug Wiggins (torn hamstring) remains away from the team and won't decide whether to transfer until he meets with Shannon after the season, said Jeff Bertani, his coach at North Miami Beach. Wiggins -- who had a physical confrontation with injured safety Anthony Redd*ck earlier this season -- wants more playing time, but Bertani said there's a bigger source of ''friction'' he wouldn't identify.
 9 years ago '04        #2899
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
i hope we end up getting patchan, he seems like a born leader and free-speaker, not giving a fu*k about what ppl think
 11-15-2007, 01:48 AM         #2900
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah hes the type of person we need. Plus hes a Cane from blood, that sh*t matters.. But I'm pissed with this Wiggins sh*t, thats my little homie for real and they need to stop fu*king around.. And motherfu*k Redd*ck and all his bullsh*t, I hope Wiggs slapped the sh*t out of him
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy