Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
45 comments
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '05        #2861
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
^^ he might not be around to right it
 9 years ago '04        #2862
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
the team quit in the 2nd quarter
after the mccarthy fumble was called back, the game was over
only reason i can tolerate this pathetic sh*t is because of the bright future that's coming up

but i felt bad for all the old-timers who came to see the program they help build go up in flames for the last time
 9 years ago '06        #2863
Xaiv 133 heat pts133
space
space
$3,912 | Props total: 1081 1081
Man I'm not even a U fan but that sh*t was sad to see them go out like that. The only thing you can really blame Randy for was not having his players mentally ready. They didn't look prepared out of the gates.

SMH at Lance Leggett dude is a huge bust, Kyle Wright is bad but his WRs beside Jenkins do nothing to help him and then you got Chavez Grant and the other defensive players quiting it was so obvious sh*t had me heated watching Grant not play hard and half a.ss it out there.

The schedule is going to be tough next year @UF,@TAMU,@UVa. But patience is key. Miami will see better days
 9 years ago '06        #2864
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,552 | Props total: 11912 11912
u really gotta question this coaching staff and wonder wtf is lance legget a.ss still doing in the game, do they not get the point that this guy hurts us rather than help us and lmao willie cooper still seeing the feild too, he gets shytted on every fu*king game

thank goodness there both seniors and along with some other seniors leaving next year it will only help our team

i wouldnt be suprised if we lose some recruits over this nonsense

Last edited by DEDOS; 11-11-2007 at 09:01 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #2865
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 P. Dedos said:
u really gotta question this coaching staff and wonder wtf is lance legget a.ss still doing in the game, do they not get the point that this guy hurts us rather than help us and lmao willie cooper still seeing the feild too, he gets shytted on every fu*king game

thank goodness there both seniors and along with some other seniors leaving next year it will only help our team

i wouldnt be suprised if we lose some recruits over this nonsense

If I were a recruit, I would wanna go to Miami even more cus you have a better shot of playing with such bad upperclassmen
 11-11-2007, 04:26 PM         #2866
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have nothing to say so instead of bi*ching I'll just keep it quiet..

Well two things . One recruits won't care because of the Freshman that are playing right now, they know they will get burn. Secondly Shannon needs to learn theres a difference between Emotion and over celebrating.. And hes taking away all the emotion..
 9 years ago '04        #2867
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,021 | Props total: 2214 2214
The thing I don't understand is why any kid would even consider Miami at this point. To lose that badly against a team that really isn't anything special whatsoever in what is supposed to be a big time send off for the OB is fu*king pathetic and to give up is even worse. Playing in front of a stadium full of half empty seats is not a good look and I doubt it'll ever change. Hopefully yesterday's performance cemented Patchan as a Gator, we need some gifted OT in the worst way.
 9 years ago '04        #2868
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 1000bluntz said:
The thing I don't understand is why any kid would even consider Miami at this point.
because they are smart kids. and the majority are local kids who bleed orange and green.

we'll purge the Roster this off-season and then we actually have a competent QB playing in Marve.

we'll be fine.
 9 years ago '05        #2869
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
we werent even this bad in probation.....only good thing about yesterday was halftime when the ex canes came out and when booooed the hell outta donna shala fu*king bi*ch
 9 years ago '04        #2870
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,021 | Props total: 2214 2214
 C.R.I.P. said:
because they are smart kids. and the majority are local kids who bleed orange and green.

we'll purge the Roster this off-season and then we actually have a competent QB playing in Marve.

we'll be fine.
I don't buy that Marve will be some incredible savior one bit. Plus I think while Shannon is a real good guy and everything that he has no idea how to be a head coach. Nix needs to just go far away for y'all in the worst way.
 11-11-2007, 06:14 PM         #2871
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No Heart.. No Emotion..
 9 years ago '07        #2872
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
The thing I don't understand is why any kid would even consider Miami at this point. To lose that badly against a team that really isn't anything special whatsoever in what is supposed to be a big time send off for the OB is fu*king pathetic and to give up is even worse. Playing in front of a stadium full of half empty seats is not a good look and I doubt it'll ever change. Hopefully yesterday's performance cemented Patchan as a Gator, we need some gifted OT in the worst way.
Maybe cus miami has 5 championships and that the majority of floridas high school talent is from dade-county and feeds into Miami:rolleyes:
 9 years ago '04        #2873
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 1000bluntz said:
I don't buy that Marve will be some incredible savior one bit. Plus I think while Shannon is a real good guy and everything that he has no idea how to be a head coach. Nix needs to just go far away for y'all in the worst way.
im very cautious on using the word Savior as i feel it may add an amount of expectations that one probably will not live up to...so while savior might not be the right word to describe marve... a Good QB is a phrase i would use.

dude would have started during like week 7 if he hadnt been in that fu*king wreck.

Shannon, is a rookie head coach learning on the fly nothing more and nothing less.

Nix, he does good things but he then does some boneheaded things..but like i said about shannon, Nix is also young as well (only 2 years of calling plays)

So basically you combine Rookie HC + Rookie Coaching Staff + Average Talent with no Heart, No Desire, and are Soft and cant Execute= The Product we have over the last few years.
 9 years ago '07        #2874
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
can anyone post the article about PJ possibly decommiting?
 9 years ago '05        #2875
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,641 | Props total: 3737 3737
I'm hearing Robinson and Johnson are decommited.
 9 years ago '06        #2876
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,552 | Props total: 11912 11912
 Lex Lossis said:
them n*ggas can hit up the state :)
thats a negative u f*g**t
 9 years ago '04        #2877
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
Ain't nobody decommiting, so everybody slow ur roll, especially you bluntz. Get yo a.ss back to the gator threads, and stop talking that bullsh*t overhere, tryna make UF like if it was the greatest place in the world. Anyways, i ain't gonna start no flame here. Here's the update on all those rumors:

November 12, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Homestead High School LB Marcus Robinson hadn't heard about a report from an LSU website stating that he has decommitted from Miami.

But he says that report is simply wrong.

"I didn't decommit, I'm still committed," Robinson said. "I don't know why anyone would say that."

Robinson did say he had a great time at LSU on an official visit this past weekend.

"It was great out there," he said. "They didn't pressure me to switch or anything like that, were talking about what opportunity I have if I come there."

Robinson says he'll also visit Florida and USC.

"Miami will probably be after those," he said.

So what is the current level of his commitment?

"It's still a very strong commitment," he said. "I talk to coach (Michael) Barrow a lot. It'd be hard for another school to get me because he coached me. I'm real close to him."

Robinson spoke to Barrow yesterday after the LSU visit.

He says Barrow encouraged him to visit LSU and take other trips.

"He isn't worried about me switching," Robinson said. "He asked me how the trip went. I told him it went fine.

"He wants me to take trips – he said I work hard for it, so I shouldn't turn it down, can go and see other things, enjoy myself."

Robinson said UM wants him as an outside linebacker. This year he has 19 sacks and two fumble recoveries, one for a touchdown.

His team's first playoff game is Friday.

* Robinson didn't watch Miami's final Orange Bowl game on television, but he saw lowlights on ESPN.

"I was like, `Damn, the last game in the Orange Bowl they get beat like that, that's not normal,'" Robinson said.

What does that loss tell him?

"That tells me if I go there I'm going to have to play hard to start, but I see I have a chance to go in and start," he said.
 9 years ago '04        #2878
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 11, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Seffner (Fla.) Armwood High School OL Matt Patchan picked the final game at the Orange Bowl for his official visit weekend.

And he witnessed a 48-0 slaughter at the stadium. Growing up with a former Cane as a father and as a UM fan himself, that didn't sit well.

"They played terribly," he said. "That was extremely tough to watch. Guys after the game – there's too many guys that just it doesn't bother them that they lost the game. There's too many guys now at the U that `It's okay we lost, well what am I going to do tonight?' Like it doesn't mean anything. They need to get rid of those type of guys. One of the guys not like that is (Robert) Marve. Marve's a high character guy.

"Anytime you lose there's no way around that – if you lose a game, you cannot be satisfied. There's no positives, no nothing. Some of these guys need to get it through their head that that's the reality. They don't understand."

If Patchan seems passionate about Miami's current shortcomings, that's because he is.

"There's a lot of things that go into this," he said. "I've always been a Cane. I grew up watching them. All I've heard growing up was Hurricanes."

And Cane fans no doubt hope his personal interest in the situation could mean he'll pick UM in the end. But he's noncommittal on what he'll do.

"Look, the visit was till a good experience for me," said Patchan, who went in the locker room after the game. "It was fun. I've been to Miami a bit. It adds to everything that goes into the decision process. It adds more information."

Asked if his take that there are players at UM that aren't passionate about never losing a game and whether that would make him shy away from the Canes, Patchan said, "There's going to be one or two guys like that wherever you go. You need leaders to step up and say something in the locker room. You can't have freshmen trying to get the team pepped up. You should have your seniors that are getting ready to go in the draft, their last home game, they should be able to step up, say `Hey look, you're not going to screw up my season. We need to work our butts off.'"

Patchan added, "Half those guys in Miami uniforms shouldn't be there. They physically don't cut it. A lot of those guys were wasted scholarships. That was Miami's fault in recruiting. You can't take a guy who doesn't know how to play football and ask him to do things that are expected out of University of Miami players."

Patchan said he doesn't view the current Cane struggles as a sign he can come in and play right away. The way he sees it, he can play at any school if he works hard enough.

"Wherever I go, if the team is 13-0, wins the title or whatever, or they're 0-12, I still feel like wherever I go I'll be able to make an impact my freshman year, work my butt off to where I need to be," Patchan said. "That's just my mentality."

While the game wasn't a highlight for Patchan, he says a trip to another stadium was.

He got a tour of Dolphin Stadium with coaches Jeff Stoutland and Joe Pannunzio.

"That was cool," Patchan said. "It's a real nice facility. They showed me a lot of good stuff when we were there."

Patchan and his father met with coach Randy Shannon this morning.

"We talked to him about a lot of things," Patchan said. "He agreed with me about leadership, that they need leaders, need guys to step up and do things, that they need good recruits."

Patchan was hosted on the visit by Derrick Morse.

"He's a real good kid – I like him a lot," Patchan said.

The big question: The chances he'll be a Cane now.

"This visit I'll suck in, set it aside, focus on my high school season so we can win a state championship," he said. "After that's over I'm going to sit down and talk to my parents and decide."

Asked to say if the visit was very good, good or not so good, Patchan paused.

Finally he said, "I don't know."

This kid is getting deep with what he saying.
 9 years ago '04        #2879
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 12, 2007

Jim Martz, CaneSport Magazine

Norfolk (VA) Maury High School OT Vinston Painter took an official visit to Miami from Saturday through today.

"It went well," he said. "I had a lot of fun."

When he first arrived at noon Saturday he was whisked to Dolphin Stadium, where UM will play next year.

"It was nice," he said. "That was a nice stadium. I looked at it, walked around the field. I liked it."

Then he went to Miami's final game at the Orange Bowl, a 48-0 loss.

"Our game Friday went kind of the same way theirs did," Painter said. "I can almost relate to how they were feeling in the game. We lost 44-3. I went in the locker room after the game. It was like how our locker room would be after a loss, quiet."

Painter also took a tour of campus, met with coaches, and visited Coconut Grove and Miami Beach while on the visit.

His host was Chris Rutledge.

"He's a cool dude, a real cool guy," Painter said.

Painter said no one pressured him about any decision while he was on campus. He went into the trip with Virginia Tech as a clear frontrunner. And he emerged saying the visit "helps Miami." But at the same time he wouldn't say it pulled UM even with the Hokies.

"I'm not sure," he said. "I have to go home and sit on it for a while. Miami's up there."

Painter says he hopes to be selected for the Army All-American Bowl so he can announce a final decision there.

He spent his final day on campus today touring the athletic facility, meeting with coaches and going to classrooms to get a feel for the school.

"I also got some souvenirs for my family back in Virginia, got some shorts and shirts, Miami stuff," he said.

Painter met with coach Randy Shannon before leaving.

"It was just basic conversation, answering questions about the school, things like that," Painter said. "The whole trip was fun. I got a chance to meet the players. They were just explaining to me how college life is, things like that."
 9 years ago '04        #2880
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 12, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Pompano Beach Ely High School DB Patrick Johnson has said in the past that he tells some reporters what he thinks they want to hear.

And it appears that's happened again.

A Georgia website reported yesterday that, after an official visit to the school, Johnson said, "I am opening things back up now. I am open to other schools and not committed to Miami. I am now looking at Georgia, LSU, USC and Florida too."

Not so fast, says Patrick's father.

"He didn't decommit," Patrick Sr. said. "The commitment is still there. Everything's still the same. You know how that goes – you hear different stuff from different people.

"Pat knows what he's doing."

Dad adds that "The commitment should still be there when it comes time to lock it down. He's still there. He just wants to keep his options open, see other schools, what they have to offer. The University of Miami is his first goal."

Patrick Sr., his wife and Pat took the visit to Georgia together.

"It was not what we thought it would be like," Patrick Sr. said. "The atmosphere wasn't powerful like we thought it would be. It was nice, though. The fans were nice."

Patrick Sr. says No. 2 on Pat's list behind Miami is LSU.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Budden calls Hov his idol on IG,
59 comments
1 day ago