squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
238 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #3526
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
that mike james kid aint half bad

10 years ago '04        #3527
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,230 | Props total: 4266 4266
3 canes drafted in the 1st round in the MLB draft

yonder alonso, jemile weeks (rickie weeks' brother), carlos gutierrez

MLB-U!:applause:

06-06-2008, 07:36 AM         #3528
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea mike james isnt that bad..everybody wants to know why miami offered mike james and not jamaal berry but mike james is vary big and explosive..and having bryce brown..lamar miller and maybe mike james would be sick

10 years ago '04        #3529
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
canes lost:banghead:

10 years ago '08        #3530
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,698 | Props total: 5250 5250
 CANEBOI11 said
Yea mike james isnt that bad..everybody wants to know why miami offered mike james and not jamaal berry but mike james is vary big and explosive..and having bryce brown..lamar miller and maybe mike james would be sick
Where is dude from?

10 years ago '04        #3531
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
my god lamarcus joyner is explosive:wow:

he better jump in, class of 2010 is filling up fast:applause:

10 years ago '05        #3532
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
 madness said
canes lost:banghead:
tell me about that...we could easily won that game....we left too many runners on base in scoring position...the wind fu*ked us up 3 times...raben coulda easily had 3 hrs that game.....the bottom of the ninth with yonder alonso and that long a.ss drive...i like everyone thought that was game and then that dude catches it and double play :banghead::banghead: i literally did that at work, arizonas bullpen was siiick....they overused their 2 best relievers...so hopefully today miami should have no problem scoring runs in todays game...cuz that dude perry and that closer were making miami hitters look like they were hs kids, whenever they sh*t ther pants when a pitcher throws in the high 90s

06-07-2008, 09:12 PM         #3533
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We gotta win this next game. Lets go!!!!

10 years ago '04        #3534
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
got lights out closer carlos gutierrez in:applause:

10 years ago '04        #3535
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

they were taunting the shyt outta that player

who caught that shyt???

mark light fans >>>>>>>

the food stand at mark light >>>
their hot dogs are good as fu*k

10 years ago '04        #3536
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
 P. Dedos said
real talk man... i havent been there in a while but youz to go all the time... my best friends pops at season tickets... he died of cancer tho like 3 years go :(

games there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

is there tickets for tommorows game available doubt it....

im bout to get early in the morning to ticket master....

do they even sell em there???

show up early, you should be able to get tickets

worst comes to worst, try parking next to the psychology building, its parking lot is right next to the outfield fence and u can watch the game from your car. my homegirl works in the psych building and she parks her car there all the time and says the view is perfect. u gotta go real early tho before all the TV trucks and buses show up.

i'd go to the game but i gotta work, them boyz could use the support tho

06-08-2008, 05:12 PM         #3537
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My n*gga Weeks

06-08-2008, 05:16 PM         #3538
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alonso bi*ch

10 years ago '04        #3539
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
yonder alonso's gonna tear sh*t up in the big leagues:wow:

reppin that lil havana!:applause:

10 years ago '04        #3540
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
omaha here we come!!:applause:

lets get it...

06-10-2008, 09:16 AM         #3541
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whether it's riding with him in his Nissan Altima or lining up next to him on Columbus High's defensive line on Friday nights, Caesar Rodriguez said he's had a lot of fun hanging out with his big friend and teammate Antwan Lowery.

Rodriguez has known Lowery since before the eighth grade and laughs every time before he shares a great Antwan story. But it's the following one, he says, that best explains why college football recruiters from across the country are trying to reel in his 6-4, 315-pound friend.

''Antwan has a hidden talent -- he knows how to make quarterbacks and running backs disappear,'' the 6-3, 218-pound 2009 football prospect said. ``For a guy his size, Antwan is so mobile, so quick. Last year against Belen, he chased down their quarterback and swallowed him whole. I swear when Antwan was on top of the guy, you couldn't see him at all.''

A TOP RECRUIT

Spotting Lowery, The Miami Herald's No. 4-ranked high school football recruit in the Class of 2009 in Miami-Dade County, hasn't been a problem for college football scouts. A list of 22 schools have offered Lowery a scholarship -- more than any other recruit coach Chris Merritt said he's had in the 10 years he's been coaching the Explorers.

North Carolina State was the first -- a week after Lowery's junior season concluded. Then, Florida a few days later. Followed by Miami, Rutgers, Auburn, Florida State, Clemson, South Florida, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC and a laundry list of others.

Not bad for a kid with only one real season of varsity experience and who grew up playing catcher and third base in baseball and center in basketball at The Northwest Boys' Club in Miami because he was too heavy for Pop Warner football.

''Antwan has made himself into the player he is now,'' Merritt said. ``He's always been a great kid, always smiling, one I've had around my locker room since he was in the sixth grade. But as a sophomore we had our constant battles with him to stay focused, to go in the weight room and turn that baby fat into muscle.

``He was supposed to be dieting, but his brother used to tell us stories how they would find wrappers and empty soda cans near his bed in the morning. Now, he's tons of muscle. This is a kid that benches 325 pounds and military presses 305 pounds above his head. That's impressive. I try to mess with our kids, grab them by the arm, pull them. I don't mess with Antwan. If he was 30 pounds lighter, turned that stuff around his belly into muscle -- he'd be illegal in high school.''

DANGEROUS PLAYER

Lowery, rated the 29th-best defensive tackle in the country by Rivals.com and seventh in the state of Florida, was dangerous last season. Despite facing constant double and triple teams at defensive tackle in Columbus' 4-4 defense, he managed 75 tackles, 13 for loss and helped the Explorers put together a 11-1 season that ended with a loss to mythical national champion Northwestern in the second round of the playoffs.

His goal for this fall is to improve upon the three sacks he had. Merritt said he will have more of an opportunity now when he lines up at nose guard, directly in front of opposing centers when the Explorers go to a three-man front. Lowery, meanwhile, who was clocked at 5.3 seconds in the 40-yard dash and 4.9 seconds in the shuttle run at the Scout.com combine this spring, said he will continue dieting and exercising to trim down to around 300 pounds.

''I don't eat breakfast anymore,'' Lowery said. ``Instead, I eat two big salads a day. I get four heads of lettuce, a few pounds of baked chicken or grilled chicken and I chop it up and mix it up. It feels me up.''

Chopping down his recruiting list could prove to be a tougher task than cutting weight. Lowery, who grew up a die-hard Hurricanes fan, said the one thing he learned when his older brother was being recruited from Columbus three years ago was to keep an open mind -- and to stay out of trouble.

Antonio Lowery, now a 20-year-old sophomore linebacker at Rutgers, had offers from nine different schools and was piling up more offers as a senior when he got in trouble in school trying to sell a classmates' book. Lowery was suspended for six games his senior season and some college recruiters cooled off on him.

AVOIDING PROBLEMS

Antwan Lowery said he wants to stay away from trouble so he can keep all of his options open. Lowery, who has a 2.7 GPA and took the SAT for the first time this past Saturday, said it's been hard enough initially convincing some schools he wasn't just going to pick the Hurricanes or follow his brother to Rutgers.

''The first thing a lot of recruiters ask me is if it's all about The U or do we really have a shot?'' Lowery said. ``But I'm straight up with them. I've followed my brother my whole life and it's my time to become my own man. I tell them if they evaluated me, offered me and really want me, the least I can do is really listen and consider them.''

Lowery said his recruitment could ''basically become a waiting game.'' But it seems to be more of a wooing game. Lowery said he fell in love with Gainesville's college atmosphere when he made an unofficial to watch the Gators' spring game two months ago. He said Florida coaches have spent more time than any school sending him hand-written letters. He said the Canes have recently started to pick up the pace and that he recently received a letter from UM coach Randy Shannon.

''A lot of websites, reporters call me and ask me if I have a top five, if I've narrowed things down, but I'm far off from making a decision,'' Lowery said.

``I want to build a relationship with the coaches, get to know them, trust them. I'm building that now with coach [Vance] Beford from Florida, coach [Clint] Hurtt from Miami, the Rutgers coaches, the South Florida coaches. When they send letters, keep in contact, it tells me they're interested. Other schools have come by and offered and I haven't heard from them. Miami, Florida, Rutgers, South Florida and Clemson -- those schools have been really interested in me.''

SOME PRESSURE

Miami and Florida each currently have defensive line commitment for 2009. The Hurricanes, Lowery said, have told them they only want to take one more defensive lineman in their next signing class and have pressured him a bit to be that recruit and fill that spot.

Lowery said a few weeks ago he worked out with Hurricanes freshman defensive tackle Marcus Forston -- a friend -- at Columbus. And he said he UM sophomore cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke, a childhood friend, has called him a few times to put in a good word for Miami. But he says the Canes are just going to have to wait.

''They tell me if you know you want to come to Miami, why don't you just pull the trigger,'' Lowery said. ``But I don't know if I want to go to Miami. I love the Canes. I'm a city boy. But so many other schools have come in, talked to me, that I've got to think about with an open mind. And that's what I'm going to do.''

10 years ago '04        #3542
1000bluntz 
space
space
$19,080 | Props total: 18300 18300
That Lowery kid is underrated, he's real good and hasn't played much.

06-11-2008, 08:35 AM         #3543
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In private chats, Florida's Urban Meyer and Florida State's Bobby Bowden admitted last month that with Randy Shannon coaching the Canes, it has become increasingly difficult for them to lure top players from South Florida. But after recent lulls here, both are making a big push for top Dade and Broward 2009 prospects.

''Last year was real hard. Coach Shannon has done a nice job,'' said Meyer, who plucked seven Broward/Palm Beach players -- but none from Dade -- in the past three years, after UF grabbed 11 from Dade from 2002-05. ``We'll always be real aggressive here because there are more NFL players from this area than any in the country. It has just made it a little more difficult.''

So impressed with Shannon's recruiting, Bowden is reminded of a UM legend. ''That's where Howard Schnellenberger made a real good move -- wrapping up kids from this area,'' said Bowden, who signed seven players from Miami-Dade from 2004-06 but just one the past two years.

Heading into the summer, an update on some of the top local seniors-to-be who haven't orally committed:

• k!llian running back Lamar Miller said ''I really like'' UM -- which covets him -- but also is considering eight others, including UF, FSU, UCF and USF. ''This will be a UM/UF f!ght,'' recruiting guru Larry Blustein predicts. Dade's other top running back, Palmetto's Jaamal Berry, said UM hasn't offered; he has strong interest in UF, FSU, Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn and Ole Miss.

• Miramar's Eugene Smith, South Florida's top quarterback prospect, said he is considering five schools -- FSU, USF, LSU, Louisville and Michigan. UM, deep in young QBs, hasn't offered, and though the Gators offered, ``They've recruited other quarterbacks, and I don't want to be set back.''

• Plantation QB/defensive back Brandon McGee (rated 110th nationally) said UM, FSU and UF are among 30 offers, and he will play cornerback in college: ''Miami stands a good chance. I grew up a Florida State fan, but that won't benefit them. Florida's [strong] depth at cornerback concerns me'' because he wants to play immediately.

• Undecided Gulliver linebacker Frankie Telfort, a potential safety in college, said UM hasn't offered, but 30 have, including FSU, UF, LSU, Notre Dame and USC. . . . South Broward offensive tackle Steven Jacques calls Auburn his favorite but hopes for an offer from UM. . . . Hallandale receiver/cornerback Ricardo Dixon said USF is his favorite (FSU offered; UM and UF haven't).

• Undecided Krop defensive tackle Brandon Taylor, son of NFL Hall of Famer Lawrence Taylor, said only UM, Purdue and UCF have offered. . . . Florida and Clemson are making the strongest push for Northwestern safety Tevin McCaskill. . . . Blustein predicts a UM/UF battle for top Plantation American Heritage OT Jared Wheeler, and they also are top contenders for Columbus DT Antwan Lowery.

10 years ago '06        #3544
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 549 549
Rueben Randall will probably visit you guys at some point during the summmer, If you fools play your cards right, I believe you guys can reel him in, since he grew up rooting for you guys, and his brother is a big time U fan....

10 years ago '06        #3545
Against D Grain 
space
space
$6,396 | Props total: 549 549
^^^ Thats whats up, If we dont get him, I hope he ends up at the U. fu*k LSU

06-12-2008, 12:29 PM         #3546
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
OL signees Brandon Washington and Benjamin Jones officially graduated from high school today.

But a dark cloud hung over what should be one of the brightest days of their lives: Neither are qualified for admission to college per NCAA standards.

Washington received his ACT results from the recent test, the first he's taken – he missed a previous testing date with a severe toothache. He scored a 15.

He needs a 17 to qualify.

"It wasn't high enough," Washington said. "I had a 15 and I take it this Saturday again. I have to get a 17. I've been studying. I think I'll get it, but I'm a little worried. It's my last chance. It's this or go home, go to JUCO. I've been tutoring with a lot of people. Everyone's helping me."

If he makes the grade he says he'd report to UM June 24 for the start of summer school.

Jones says he got what Washington needs – a 17 – on the most recent ACT.

But he says his understanding is he'll need an 18 to balance out his GPA per the NCAA sliding scale.

"I'm taking it again Saturday," he said.

06-12-2008, 12:29 PM         #3547
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oakland Park (FL) Northeast High School DB Isaac Geffard got a visit from coach Jeff Stoutland for his spring game.

"He watched the game and I've talked to him on the phone - Miami is recruiting me," the 6-foot-3, 187-pounder with 4.53-second speed said. "We talked about how he feels that there's no doubt in his mind that I'm a potential Hurricane and that he sees me playing for the University of Miami."

Geffard's twin brother, Jacob, has also caught UM's eye.

"We want to go to the same school," Isaac said. "Coach Stoutland feels like me and my brother should definitely come to the camp (that ends on Monday) and show the rest of the staff how he feels about us, how good we really are, that we're the guys to come on that team."

They will attend the camp.

It was Isaac that got UM's attention first.

"Miami was recruiting me at the end of this past season," he said. "I went to a few games, watched them play, loved the environment. I went to their spring game, and it looked real good. I saw some real good things out of the coaches – they're very energetic, and I love the atmosphere of the U."

Isaac currently lists five offers: Louisville, South Carolina, FIU, Iowa State and Marshall.

"Miami's high in my recruiting picture," he said. "I'm just waiting on them to pull the trigger, take that chance with me. Miami's a local team. I grew up watching them play, and a lot of great players came out of the U."

Geffard says he's in no rush to make a decision, even if the Canes do offer after the camp.

"I want to go to a school where I have a chance to play," he said. "Right now I'm open to a lot of schools. I'm going to take a good look at Miami. Miami was one of the first teams to recruit me."

Geffard finished his junior season with 100 tackles, eight sacks, five forced fumbles and 12 passes broken up. He also played blocking tight end.

06-12-2008, 05:11 PM         #3548
-Scar-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I Found This Canes Userbar.....Not Sure If It's Old Or Not But I Like It So I'm A Rock It.....

Figured I'd Drop It Here As Well...

[pic - click to view]

My Bad If It's Old....

06-12-2008, 05:18 PM         #3549
SteveSS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going to be at the Central Florida/South Florida game on September 6th with a sign that says "WE COULDN'T AFFORD TICKETS FOR MIAMI AND FLORIDA"

Watch for me on ESPN2.

10 years ago '05        #3550
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
 SteveSS said
I'm going to be at the Central Florida/South Florida game on September 6th with a sign that says "WE COULDN'T AFFORD TICKETS FOR MIAMI AND FLORIDA"

Watch for me on ESPN2.
lmao, sorry ill be missing out..ill be at the um/uf game

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
238 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
26 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brittany Renner Is About To Expose Your Favorite Rapper
100 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
227 comments
7 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Billy and 6ix9ine officially beefing
15 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashanti Concert Canceled After Selling Only 24 Tickets
107 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
7 comments
2 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cardi B Needs Help With Post-Baby Body
18 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
My nigga Iím dying 🤣
10 comments
2 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Cuban doll splits open another female rapper stomach
9 comments
3 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
DJ / Officer VLAD proves that he is an informant that works with the Police
26 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
34 comments
5 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA KEVIN KNOW has to be CARRIED TO LOCKER ROOM after INJURING HIS ANKLE :mjda..
13 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Rae Curruth Free Monday
23 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
18 comments
4 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Stic Man of Dead Prez Gives His Opinion on Kanye & Trump
13 comments
38 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 3
25 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Not Even Trying Bruh
36 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 Article inside sher "Bad Girl" Songwriter Awarded $44 Million In Lawsui
5 comments
37 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Famous Dex picking up minors?
3 comments
38 minutes ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Flippa Huxtable
Blaffy
Lonny Breaux
Deuterion
Papi
tokinjohn
FrescoB
dominicanlipz
Mikkelangelo
Cartel-Clipz
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
Blaffy
danneywilliams
TommyD
Sandyy
BlackDynamite
GoldBluded
two-face
dominicanlipz
micropave

most viewed right now
online now  30
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  28
Oct 19 - the spectrum cable cartel raping its victims for even more money
71 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  19
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
277 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  16
Video inside Steve Harvey Just said the realest sh-t ever!
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Image(s) inside Consummate professional. A true pillar to her craft.
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside MoneyBagg who ? Speaks and exposes rap industry
201 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
New details about the Drake & Kendrick Lamar beef surface