Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2821
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
November 7, 2007

A Message from President Shalala and Coach Shannon
To the University Community:

This Saturday the University of Miami will conclude a glorious chapter in its history when our Hurricanes take on the University of Virginia in the final game to be played in the Orange Bowl. It will be a day to be remembered, as we gather together for the last time in the stadium that has been the site of UM home football games for the past 70 years—a place where fans have enjoyed some of the greatest moments in collegiate football history.

We hope you'll join us for the game, which will be broadcast on national television and will feature an exciting halftime show as well as other special activities to mark the historic occasion. We are counting on all our fans to make the University proud in front of millions of viewers by displaying the highest level of spirit, sportsmanship, and decorum. We certainly don't want to leave the Orange Bowl on a down note.

We raise this matter because it has come to our attention that some fans wish to rush the field at the end of the game—a move that would have serious consequences indeed. Security will be in full force, with at least 300 City of Miami law enforcement officers a.ssigned to the field at the conclusion of the game. They plan to arrest any fans who rush the field or vandalize the stadium in an attempt to secure a memento.

The University will also enforce its own disciplinary code, and any UM students who rush the field may face major discipline charges. Please note that ACC rules clearly prohibit rushing the field at any time, and FIU is scheduled to play three more games at the Orange Bowl after November 10.

We are confident that all our fans will appreciate a great game experience that is enjoyable and safe and that maintains the integrity of the stadium and field. The Orange Bowl has earned a classy goodbye from our team and our fans. We look forward to seeing you there and your support as we begin a new exciting chapter of Hurricanes football next season at Dolphin Stadium.

Go Canes!

Donna E. Shalala

Randy Shannon
fu*k that, i'm jackin somethin from that joint on saturday
 9 years ago '04        #2822
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
November 8, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Altair (TX) Rice Consolidated High School QB and Cane commitment Taylor Cook doesn't like what he's seen from UM's offense this year.

But at the same time he knows the struggles of Kirby Freeman means it will truly be an open competition for the job next season.

"It gives me more incentive to come and work hard and beat him out," Cook said.

And now Cook has another player he'll need to beat out. Robert Marve is already at UM and Jacory Harris committed earlier in the year ... and prep quarterback Cannon Smith committed to Cane coaches yesterday.

Cook says Smith's decision doesn't change his commitment level.

"I respect coach (Patrick) Nix and coach (Randy) Shannon to do that [take another quarterback]," Cook said. "You can't just rely on two. More competition makes it more fun, will make me compete harder."

Asked if he sees himself starting as a true freshman at UM, Cook said, "I'll try. It doesn't happen very much. with Robert (Marve) getting in trouble, anything's possible."

Cook says he's trying to get ready for the challenge: "I'm trying to get the playbook as early as possible and work hard, that's the main thing," he said.

This season Cook has led his team to an 8-1 record. His team has one game left before the playoffs begin.

"We've never won a title, have gone a few rounds in the playoffs before," he said.

Cook has 10 touchdown passes with six interceptions this season. He's also run in 10 scores – his team has a run-first philosophy.

Cook's thrown for over 250 yards in two of the nine games – he had 280 yards passing in one game and 360 in another. In a win over Edna High he had four passing touchdowns and two rushing touchdowns.

What is Cook working on most to improve?

"Reads, just getting better at reading defenses," he said.

Cook is talking on a weekly basis with Cane coaches.

"I talk to coach (Patrick) Nix," Cook said. "He sees how the season's going, talks about how their season's going, said he's waiting for me to get up there and start working."

Of the status of his commitment, Cook said "It's 100 percent to Miami. LSU tries to contact me quite a bit and I've talked to them a few times, but don't really talk to them very much."

* Jacory Harris says Smith's commitment also doesn't affect his decision to become a Cane.

"It doesn't do anything to me," Harris said. "If they bring Peyton Manning down there I'll still come and will compete and do my job."
 9 years ago '05        #2823
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,688 | Props total: 3796 3796
Kendall Thompkins? seriously?

1 star a.ss n*gga
 9 years ago '04        #2824
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
Jacory Harris says Smith's commitment also doesn't affect his decision to become a Cane.

"It doesn't do anything to me," Harris said. "If they bring Peyton Manning down there I'll still come and will compete and do my job."
:wow::applause:thats what the fu*k i'm talkin bout right there
 9 years ago '07        #2825
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Hopefully harris or Marve can be the next great canes qb, not like the bums we've had lately
 9 years ago '04        #2826
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Junior G said:

1 star a.ss n*gga
ignorance is bliss.

ask anybody who has seen dude play
 9 years ago '04        #2827
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Junior G said:

1 star a.ss n*gga
best possession receiver on the best high school team in the country
doesnt get the hype johnson and streeter do, but he keeps the chains moving with key catches
 9 years ago '07        #2828
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 madness said:
doesnt get the hype johnson and streeter do, but he keeps the chains moving with key catches
exactly, its better than dudes than run 4.3's but dont catch sh*t
 9 years ago '06        #2829
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,706 | Props total: 12245 12245
Breakaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speak on the boi jacory!!!

Last edited by DEDOS; 11-09-2007 at 07:50 AM..
 9 years ago '07        #2830
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
Breakaway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

speak on the boi jacory!!!
Dude doesnt have a big vocab, but he sounds like a leader that knows what he is doing
 9 years ago '05        #2831
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 madness said:
ahh, I was wondering why ya'll got him...I just can't see Miami recruiting little n*ggaz
 9 years ago '05        #2832
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
ignorance is bliss.

ask anybody who has seen dude play
we'll see how his college career pans out :rolleyes:
 11-09-2007, 03:23 PM         #2833
T.O.N.Y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RIP to the toilet bowl, good luck in ur last game there
 9 years ago '04        #2834
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Junior G said:
ahh, I was wondering why ya'll got him...I just can't see Miami recruiting little n*ggaz
wouldnt be the first time: santana/sinorice moss, roscoe parrish, darnell jenkins, and we got another small speedster coming in theron collier
 9 years ago '05        #2835
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 madness said:
wouldnt be the first time: santana/sinorice moss, roscoe parrish, darnell jenkins, and we got another small speedster coming in theron collier
none of them were 1 star players though

EDIT : Jenkins was, wasn't he? but he's still not proven

Last edited by Junior G; 11-09-2007 at 05:01 PM..
 11-09-2007, 05:09 PM         #2836
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't wait for the this years freshman and the incoming class to play next year. Even if they struggle (Which they wont) at least you will see them grow.. Watching seniors struggle is the worst
 9 years ago '04        #2837
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 Junior G said:

santana wasnt ranked very highly at all, he didnt even have a football scholarship; he came to miami on a track scholarship.

plus thompkins is used to winning, those are the kids u need to change the culture of losing thats taken over the past couple years
 9 years ago '04        #2838
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,798 | Props total: 1401 1401
 Junior G said:

man, stars dont mean sh*t.....if you can play ball, you can play ball.

and Thompkins can play ball.

he's basically like Darnell Jenkins, same measureables and everything
 9 years ago '05        #2839
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:
man, stars dont mean sh*t.....if you can play ball, you can play ball.

and Thompkins can play ball.

he's basically like Darnell Jenkins, same measureables and everything
I don't follow the U's recruiting that much. didn't know ya'll went after some little players...

Roscoe came out great
 9 years ago '04        #2840
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
November 9, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami Booker T Washington High School CB Brandon Harris was an unofficial visitor for UM's game against NC State along with several teammates.

It was Harris' third game as a recruit at the Orange Bowl this year.

"It was tough - I thought that was a game they should have won, so I was surprised," Harris said.

After the game Harris went in the locker room and had a sitdown talk with defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff.

"His message was basically saying they have a bad need for recruits right now, that they need us, and by them losing so much that gives recruits a chance to play," Harris said. "He said they need some help, basically, and with everything going on it should be a good sign for recruits knowing you can come in right away and get the job done."

Harris says UM's losses this season don't affect him when it comes to choosing a college.

"I know anybody can lose at any given point," he said. "This is this year, so that doesn't have any effect on how I feel about Miami. It's all about who they're bringing in to help turn around the program. A lot of recruits might turn away because of the losses, but you can't let that affect your decision because that's a whole different team."

Harris says he's keeping close tabs on the recruiting classes of Miami and other schools he's considering.

"That's going to be a big influence on my decision," he said. "I want to go to a school that's trying to improve, bringing in top recruits to keep things going."

So how does he see UM's class shaping up?

"The majority of Miami's recruits I know personally, especially those from the Miami/Broward County area, all the Northwestern guys," Harris said. "We have a good relationship, keep in contact.

"(Miami's commitment list is) very impressive. They're all very talented."

Of where Miami stands with him, Harris says, "Miami is still in the top half of my recruiting. I enjoy watching them play, talking to their recruits and their staff. They're still one of my top schools.

"I'm looking at 10 schools. Miami's in the top 5."

Harris says he will wait until after his season to take visits. He's decided not to graduate early.

"I talked to counselors and administration at the school, we came up with the decision that maybe it's best if I relax and enjoy this situation," Harris said. "I have a smooth senior year going, am enjoying it a lot with my senior class. It's a time to enjoy high school. Once I get into college everything's going to move so fast."

Asked if staying in high school will affect his chances of playing right away in college, Harris said, "That's one thing a lot of those school that recruited me, I asked if it would affect my playing time, ability to come in and compete for a spot. All of them gave me the answer it didn't matter when I came in as long as I work hard."
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy