Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
10 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2801
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
 UknowWhatItIs said:
who yall play last game in the Bowl??
Virginia.
 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM         #2802
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Peerman out for season, may need surgery on right foot

By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: November 5, 2007, 10:36 PM ET

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Virginia coach Al Groh said Monday night that leading rusher Cedric Peerman will miss the rest of the season and will probably undergo surgery to repair his injured right foot.

Peerman, who was the ACC's leading rusher with 585 yards and five touchdowns when he was hurt in a 23-21 win over Middle Tennessee State on Oct. 6, has missed the No. 19 Cavaliers' (No. 23 AP) last four games.

"He was leading the conference in rushing when he got hurt, but he was more than that," Groh said. "Lots of guys can carry the ball and do it effectively, but there are a few backs that kind of carry the flag for the team. ... They energize and excite everyone around them with their energy and their toughness. Cedric was the right back for this team. He wasn't going to be a Heisman Trophy winner and there are more spectacular backs, but he was the perfect back for this team."

Without Peerman, Virginia has relied heavily on quarterback Jameel Sewell and former receiver Mikell Simpson in the running game. They combined to carry the football 25 times in Saturday's 17-16 win over Wake Forest; no other Cavailers player ran the football in the game.

Virginia (8-2) has won eight of its last nine games and is in first place in the ACC's Coastal Division standings with a 5-1 record in conference play. The Cavailers play at Miami on Saturday, the Hurricanes' last game in the Orange Bowl.

Virginia closes the regular season Nov. 24 against No. 11 Virginia Tech at Scott Stadium in Charlottesville, Va.

"We all feel bad for Cedric, but we're moving on," Groh said. "We don't talk about it and we don't whine about it. Every team has guys that get hurt. Why talk about it all the time?"

Mark Schlabach covers college football and men's college basketball for ESPN.com. You can contact him at .

9 years ago '04        #2803
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 C.R.I.P. said:
Virginia.
oh, please beat them n*ggas... im tired of seein fuk'n virginia ranked ahead of us... sh*t Tiki dont play there no mo
 9 years ago '04        #2804
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
nix should run a few option packages for doug wiggins

and what happened to lining up james and cooper in the backfield at the same time?
 9 years ago '07        #2805
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
We would be at the top of the acc if kirby freeman was never born
 9 years ago '06        #2806
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11964 11964
another QB commit, damn shannon gonna have 4 schollys at the QB position

hes gonna make sure we make a hit with one of these

cannon smith???

eugene smith or brandon mcgee next year?????

godfrey in 2010????

the bad QB streak has to stop somehow

Last edited by DEDOS; 11-06-2007 at 07:29 PM..
 9 years ago '07        #2807
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
whos the new qb commit?
 9 years ago '06        #2808
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 ttime236 said:
whos the new qb commit?
Cannon Smith, a prep player
 9 years ago '05        #2809
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
 P. Dedos said:
Cannon Smith, a prep player
Shannon bring qbs in like I do on NCAA08... couple scramblers and coupler pocket passers every year...
 9 years ago '04        #2810
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
November 6, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

The Hurricanes will make room for another quarterback in this class.

With Jacory Harris and Taylor Cook already committed, Hargrave prep school's Cannon Smith gave his word to coach Randy Shannon today.

"I committed to Miami," said Smith, whose father, Fred, is founder and CEO of FedEx. "I told him that I was going to come there. We talked for a little bit, had a real nice conversation. I got a chance to talk to the other coaches recruiting me and let them know. So now we're ready to go.

"(Shannon) just seemed real excited. We talked about a bunch of things, talked about some logistic things as far as getting all my paperwork down there. This is a done deal."

Smith says he's spoken regularly with offensive coordinator Patrick Nix and that "I've built a good relationship with him. I really like him, like his game plans."

Smith will arrive in January. He's generally considered the nation's top prep school quarterback.

With UM struggling at quarterback, can he start right away?

"They're brining in some other real good guys," Smith said. "(Robert) Marve's a heck of a player. I'm going to go down there and play my hardest. The best guy's going to play. That's the way it is."

Smith said he had offers from Miami, Memphis, Hawaii and Tulane.

He took an official visit to Miami this past January but opted for the prep school route.

"I'm extremely exited about the opportunity (to play at Miami)," Smith said. "I really like the school. I'm excited about getting to play for the coaching staff down there and get with all the guys. I feel this is the best chance for me. I'm real, real excited."

This year at Hargrave he broke the single-game passing record with a 476-yard, four-touchdown performance against Lewisburg Junior College. His team is currenty 6-3-1 with one game remaining against West Virginia's JV this Friday.

He's thrown touchdowns in every game except one, and has enjoyed two three-touchdown games. He's had more than one interception in only one game.

Who is he compared to?

"I've heard Drew Brees before," Smith said. "I'm not one of these 6-6 guys. I'm 6-1."

At 6-1 and 195 pounds and with 4.7-second speed, Cannon arrived at Hargrave via Olive Branch (Miss.) High School. His junior year he played at Memphis (Tenn.) Christian Brothers, where he platooned at quarterback. He quickly won the starting job at Olive Branch and finished his senior year throwing for over 2,400 yards with 27 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He also rushed for over 500 yards with seven more scores. He helped his team finish ranked No. 2 in the state's biggest classification, 5A.

"He's a very accurate passer, puts the ball right on the spot," said his Olive Branch High coach, Scott Samsel, who stays in regular contact with Smith. "He's very intelligent, make good decisions, has a good understanding of the game.

"He learns real fast. He came here and picked up our system as fast as you could want a quarterback to. He has learned a new system at Hargrave and has performed well up there."

Smith's current coach, Robert Prunty, was with Smith when he committed over the phone today.

"He's real excited, it's a big day for him," Prunty said. "That's the school he liked from the beginning."

Prunty says of Smith's play that "He's got a great arm, is athletic, intelligent, savvy, competitive. The key thing is he's very accurate and throws a good ball. I have never had a true quarterback like him. The biggest thing about Cannon is he's already played against Tennessee's JV, Marshall's JV, so he's already gone against Division I players, has competed against them."

Can Smith succeed at UM as a true freshman?

"I think he can," Prunty said. "He's competitive, has the arm to play. Cannon is very mature, has a year under his belt. I think Cannon can rise to the opportunity. He's going to meet any challenge that's presented in front of him."

* Cannon's birth name is Frederick Buchanon Smith.

"I've been called `Cannon' since birth," Smith said. "Everyone my whole life has called me that. I started playing quarterback when I was 6."

Damn kid is rich as fu*k. Dad's the CEO and founder of FedEx :wow:

but fu*k that, he's supposedly good. Like Dedos said, fu*k it we gotta make a hit with one of those QBs somehow!!
 9 years ago '04        #2811
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
ovember 7, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami Northwestern High School OL Benjamin Jones says he pretty much knows where he'll be attending college.

But he's not saying where that is. And he's not giving out any hints.

He just wants to make sure it's the right choice.

"After I take my trips that's when I'll make my decision," he says. "I sort of know where I'm going, need to see everything. I have to meet the coaches. I've met all the Miami coaches, have to meet all the other coaches and get to know the players on and off the field."

Jones hasn't taken any visits yet. He says he'll visit Miami, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson and "probably" Auburn.

"I talk to all the coaches at the schools, talk to them for about 30 minutes," Jones said. "Some of them just say the same things all the time."

Jones last talked to Cane coaches last week after his team's victory over Hialeah. He went head-to-head with highly rated defensive end Corey Liuget in the game.

Jones didn't give up any sacks or tackles for losses.

"I went against him most – he's a phenomenal player," Jones said.

* Of UM's loss to NC State, Jones said, "I heard about it, didn't see the game. It doesn't affect me. Next year might be a whole new thing."
 9 years ago '07        #2812
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
that prep school he goes to has like 40 ncaa recruits on it....ridiculous
 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM         #2813
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cats name is Cannon.. Of course hes a QB. And I wanna get about 10 more QB's. I love how none of these QB's care about depth or Marve already there. They got swag..

I seriously can't wait for a real QB to play ( @ all the hate Dorsey got when he was here and now look)
 9 years ago '06        #2814
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
cannon's pops has 3 billion dollars :wtf:

that fu*k does he need scholly for ?

matter of fact that muthafu*ka needs to save the OB!!!!!

and yeah we were spoiled with dorsey mang

didnt he only lose two games, those were the days
 9 years ago '04        #2815
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Breaking news n*ggas, we got another Northwestern Commitment:

November 7, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Add another Miami Northwestern player to the Hurricane commitment list.

Receiver Kendall Thompkins got an offer from the University of Miami. And he took it on the spot.

"Coach (Clint) Hurtt told me Miami was offering," Thompkins said. "I said I'm ready to commit. He said, `Alright!'

"I'm excited, very excited."

With good reason.

Thompkins had only one other offer, from FAMU.

Now he'll be joining Northwestern quarterback Jacory Harris and fellow receiver Aldarius Johnson as Canes.

"Me and Aldarius talked about it, we want to be roommates," Thompkins said.

A 5-foot-11, 165-pounder with 4.5-second speed, Thompkins reminds Northwestern fans of Chad Johnson. Hence his nickname "Chad."

And Northwestern players say "Chad" deserves to be considered in the same breath with Aldarius Johnson and Tommy Streeter, a highly regarded Northwestern receiver who has a UM offer but remains uncommitted.

"(Thompkins) brings a lot to the table," Harris said. "People have underestimated his speed. He's gotten fast over the years, is one of he best route-runners on our team.

"Aldarius and Tommy are top recruits, and then you have this other dude Kendall Thompkins doing the same as them. But the media and on-line people don't want to put too many good players on one team. To me he should be ranked up there."

Thompkins has 25 receptions for over 500 yards with seven touchdowns this season. He plays mainly in the slot.

"Every time I get in I try to make best of it," Thompkins said.

Thompkins is also the team's main return man, and he has a 40-yard punt return for a score.

His goal at Miami?

"Just to go in and make an impact as a freshman, help the team out," he said.

Thompkins said Cane coaches didn't begin recruiting him until two weeks ago.

"They came to my game last week, decided to offer me," he said. "I'm calling coach (Randy) Shannon tonight, will talk to him for the first time."
 9 years ago '05        #2816
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 RakimAllahNY said:
Cats name is Cannon.. Of course hes a QB. And I wanna get about 10 more QB's. I love how none of these QB's care about depth or Marve already there. They got swag..

I seriously can't wait for a real QB to play ( @ all the hate Dorsey got when he was here and now look)
uhhhh tell me about it i remember this f*g**t kid in high school use to clown on dorsey saying how he sucked and he could start over dorsey...and was like omg i cant wait till brock berlin starts...and the same thing happend to berlin...omg wait till kyle wright starts....
 11-07-2007, 10:10 PM         #2817
Black_Deuce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UknowWhatItIs said:
oh, please beat them n*ggas... im tired of seein fuk'n virginia ranked ahead of us... sh*t Tiki dont play there no mo
 11-07-2007, 10:15 PM         #2818
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deeangoe said:
uhhhh tell me about it i remember this f*g**t kid in high school use to clown on dorsey saying how he sucked and he could start over dorsey...and was like omg i cant wait till brock berlin starts...and the same thing happend to berlin...omg wait till kyle wright starts....

The media completely k!lled him every chance they got. "Hes not athletic enough, his arm isn't good enough. Hes only good because of his weapons.". Brock comes in with good a.ss weapons and chokes (Although he murked Florida in a huge come back).

Dorsey was the best QB because he never got rattled and he demanded respect and got it.
 9 years ago '04        #2819
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
sh*t, i'm looking forward to the spring game already:wow:

you know all those northwestern kids will bring in winning attitudes cuz theyre not used to losing, and i have no doubt they'll keep it up at the college level
 11-07-2007, 11:22 PM         #2820
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yesssir.. With the Patriots on a bye its time to bring back da future Hurricane avy
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
33 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
37 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
69 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside SOCCER is better than FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL!!!!!
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
164 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy