Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-28-2006, 09:14 PM         #261
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cane commit to get in-home visit this week

November 28, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Chris Perry bioVideo highlights

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Keller (TX) Fossil Ridge DL and Hurricane commitment Chris Perry is expecting an in-home visit with coach Todd Berry this week.

"He said he wanted to do an in-home visit with me," Perry said.

Perry says Berry didn't mention the firing of coach Larry Coker when they talked.

But Perry says Coker's dismissal doesn't affect his commitment status.

"Everbody had been talking about it," Perry said. "I knew it would happen. I wasn't really surprised."

Perry plans to take official visits to Nebraska, Arkansas, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Miami.

His UM visit date isn't set yet.

Perry says he didn't have regular contact with Coker, and that is a reason he doesn't see it as a big deal for the recruiting class.

"I talked to coach Coker like once out of every three times I talk to coach Berry," Perry said.

Of what could affect his commitment status, Perry said, "I've always known Miami to be under coach Coker, so it depends who they bring in. I want somebody that knows what they're doing and has some championships under their belt because I want someone that's going to be there the whole time I'm there."

The chances Perry sticks to his commitment to the very end?

"I don't even know," he said.
 10 years ago '04        #262
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
rakim any info on these players

Leonard Hankerson
Major Wright
QB Stephen Garcia
WR Frierson (from Coral Gables High School)
 10 years ago '04        #263
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i hope cooper still rides with us
 11-29-2006, 12:43 AM         #264
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:

Leonard Hankerson
Major Wright
QB Stephen Garcia

November 9, 2006

Bill Kurelic
BuckeyeGrove.com

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board
Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Aquinas wide receiver Leonard Hankerson had planned to make an official visit to Ohio State along with teammate Major Wright when the Buckeyes play Michigan Nov. 18.

Wright is still visiting OSU Nov. 18 when the Bucks play Michigan.
"I talked to Ohio State a couple days ago," Hankerson said. "I talked to coach (Darrell) Hazell. We talked about my visit.

"I'm not going up there for the Michigan game. They want me to come in January."

Hankerson said he definitely still wants to visit the Buckeyes.

"I don't have any visits set up right now," he said. "I want to visit Miami, Florida, Georgia and Ohio State.

"Miami and Ohio State are still my favorites."

On the other hand, Wright is still scheduled to visit Ohio State when the Bucks play Michigan.

"He's still going that weekend," Hankerson said. "He's going up there on Saturday (Nov. 18) morning."

The 6-foot-2 and 185-pound Hankerson has 20 receptions for 433 yards and eight touchdowns as Aquinas has won eight of nine games. Hankerson and his teammates have their first playoff game on Friday against Pompano Beach Ely.
 11-29-2006, 12:45 AM         #265
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KiNgJaMeS305 said:

Leonard Hankerson
Major Wright
QB Stephen Garcia

November 28, 2006

Tony Morrell
GamecockCentral.com

Talk about it in Football Recruiting Board
As of tonight, Tampa (Fla.) Jefferson four-star quarterback Stephen Garcia is the only signal caller in the Rivals250 to have not committed to a school. It appears things are about to change.

Stephen Garcia has the Gamecocks at the top of his list.
"I'm leaning towards having a press conference at my school next Wednesday," the 6-foot-2, 205-pound Garcia said. "I'll know for sure in the next day or two."

Garcia spent most of his Tuesday evening with South Carolina head coach Steve Spurrier.

"He and coach (David) Reaves were at my house for about four hours tonight," Garcia said. "It was just crazy spending that much time with him in my own house. I mean, he's the best coach in America when it comes to offense and quarterbacks. I loved it."

During the visit, Spurrier addressed the persistent rumors that he could be headed to Alabama to replace the recently fired Mike Shula.

"He said there's no chance of it happening. He's staying at South Carolina for sure, so that was good to hear."

Garcia is still contemplating when he'll take his visits and whether he'll graduate in December and enroll in college in January.

"As far as the visits go, I'm definitely visiting South Carolina and maybe Oklahoma. Ole Miss is still in there a little bit, too, but I don't know if I'm going to get there for a visit or not. It's really down to those three teams."

As has been the case throughout the process, one team remains at the top of his list.

"It's South Carolina. They're still No. 1 on my list."
 11-29-2006, 12:59 AM         #266
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
November 27, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Publisher

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Greg Schiano has a big game to coach this week against West Virginia, so he is sitting on the sidelines of the coaching derby that has heated up with firings at Arizona State, North Carolina State and Alabama in the last 24 hours.

But Sunday morning, Schiano might find quite a crowd at his door.

Sources have told CaneSport.com that in addition to Miami trying to lure the Rutgers Coach that Alabama has also joined in the chase for Schiano.

That could complicate things greatly for the Hurricanes, who already would have to open the bank vault for Schiano to the tune of $2 million per year for five years before they even get into other demands the coach might have with relation to facilities, a.ssistant coaches salaries and other program elements.

That might explain the hiring of consultant Chuck Neinas to head up a national search. Schiano to Miami is shaping up as anything but the slam dunk that so many Miami people want it to be.

Meanwhile, the 40-year-old Schiano, who turned Rutgers from one of the lowliest programs in the country to a Big East contender this year, continues to say he will stay at Rutgers, even though it is hard to fathom him turning down two of the elite programs in college football.

"My philosophy is I focus on the things I have control over and can make a difference in," Schiano said. "The whole Miami thing, I've said it for six weeks, I'm very happy here, I have no plans to go anywhere else. I'm not going to talk about other jobs.

"This is a special place to me. This is where I want to be. We're going to leave it at that. I want to take the focus off of me and that job. This is my job. Rutgers is my job. At this place, the sky's the limit and I plan on being here to see it.
 11-29-2006, 01:28 AM         #267
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just updating the recruits... From what ive read and seen on video

McCoy is done, hes ethier going to Pitt or PSU. Unless we get a coach who blows him away hes gone..

Cooper is not as sold on Miami as he once was ethier, hes going to take a visit to Tenn really soon and LSU and Florida are still possibility

Damien Berry is def going to be a Miami Hurricane, they talked to his dad who played for Miami and he says his son isnt look around and he will be a Hurricane..

Phelon Jones is looking around and it looks like were gonna lose him unless the coach comes in and handles the situation quick. Hes getting alot of pressure to local to Bama or Auburn and his Parents were less then happy with the Pata shooting

Demarcus VanDyke is gone pretty much, he uncommitted after Coker got fired and the word is hes going to announce along with his teammate that he will be a Gator next year 10 am Friday.
 10 years ago '04        #268
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
thanks Ra
 10 years ago '04        #269
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,871 | Props total: 32 32
rakim..... any vids on this guy?

UM lands big receiving recruit
BY MANNY NAVARRO

The University of Miami landed a big commitment late Tuesday from 6-6, 215-pound receiver Daniel Adderley from Southside Christian Schools in Simpsonville, S.C. He committed to UM receivers coach Marquis Mosely during an in-home visit, according to Adderley's high school coach, Dexter Davis.

''He grew up in Nassau, and I think the ability to be a little close to home was exciting to him,'' Davis said. ``We sent a tape to coach Mosely two weeks ago and it took about a week and a half to reach this point.''

Davis said Adderley grew up rooting for the Hurricanes as a child while living in Nassau and is good friends with another big Bahamian, Hurricane 6-8 freshman offensive lineman Ian Symonnette. Adderley said Davis was being heavily recruited by Tennessee before suffering a season-ending collarbone injury his senior year.

Adderley had 33 catches for 786 yards and seven TDs as a junior. This year, he had 27 catches for 459 yards and five TDs in three games before the injury.

Unranked on Rivals.com and Scout.hom, Adderley is the third receiver commitment Miami has landed this fall -- a position Miami sorely needs to improve. Adderley joins Taurus McKinley, a 5-9, 163-pounder from Belle Glades Central and Kayne Faquaharson, a 6-2, 185-pound JUCO recruit from El Camino, Calif.

''Having coached collegiately for five years and seeing guys in the pros, he ranks above the majority of the kids that have come out at that position,'' said Davis, who starred at Clemson and played in the NFL before coaching as an a.ssistant at Morgan State for five seasons.

``I kind of compare him to [USC's] Dwayne Jarrett. What I like about Daniel is he has size, he can catch it inside, he can make the big play. He's a big kid, you're talking 6-6, that can move. He can run the slant. He can run the deep.''
 11-29-2006, 01:29 PM         #270
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They have NO videos on this kid... I guess the only tape floating around is the one that there coach to Miami. The coaches saw it and offered him the Scholarship right away..

November 29, 2006

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Southside Christian Schools (Simpsonville, SC) WR Daniel Adderley isn't your typical Miami Hurricane recruit.

For one, he didn't play any organized football until his sophomore year. And that year he spent most of the season as a backup on the Mesquite (Tex.) Poteet High School team. He had just 15 catches for 280 yards.

"I was just learning the game," he says.

Add that to the fact that his only full year of high school ball was last season at a brand new program, and that he only played three games this season, and it's easy to see why no major programs offered him.

Adderley spent last summer in the Bahamas, so he didn't attend any Junior Days or summer camps.

Few knew about him or saw him play live.

In the end, it was a highlight tape that earned Adderley a Hurricane offer that he accepted last night.

Adderley's coach, Dexter Davis, sent the tape into UM at Adderley's request –- Adderley grew up in the Bahamas and wanted to play close to home.

The Canes began recruiting Adderley just two weeks ago.

"The day [receivers coach Marques Mosely] saw it he called, said, `That's what we're looking for down here,'" Adderley said. "That was my dream school, so that's why I sent [the highlight tape] there."

And the Canes gave him an offer during an in-home visit by Mosely Nov. 28.

How does a program with no head coach in place give out an offer?

"The athletic director [Paul Dee] authorized it," said Davis, who was in attendance at the in-home meeting with Mosely. "They won't do many scholarships now, but they wanted to get in the game because everyone else is doing it. [They want to wrap up] the key people they're going after that they can get.

"The offer was there for [Adderley] during the conversation last night, and he accepted. We talked about it a little bit: Myself, him and his dad met. We sat there and talked about the pros and cons. Obviously, schools are coming after him and things are picking up for him. But he wanted to go to Miami because he grew up in the Bahamas. He was sold on Miami."

Adderley is good friends with current Cane Ian Symonette, who is also from the Bahamas.

"Me and Ian went to the same high school [in the Bahamas]," Adderley said.

Just how good is this 6-foot-6 receiver?

Last season he had 33 catches for 786 yards and seven touchdowns. This year he had 27 catches for 459 yards and five scores. And that came in just over three games –- a broken collarbone ended his season early.

In one game -- a 28-22 four-overtime loss to Fox Creek -- he had 10 catches for 127 yards and two scores.

"He is an exceptional athlete," said Davis, Morgan State's former Defensive Coordinator who played college ball at Clemson and in the NFL with the Cardinals and Rams. "To me, he was the best receiver in our state. Tennessee was recruiting him heavily last year following his junior season. He broke his collarbone and it tailed off. He was on pace to do some fantastic things this year. You're 6-foot-6 running a low 4.5, can catch the ball. He's tough. He's a special kid and very humble."

Adderley arrived on the scene at Southside Christian in much the same way he made his arrival on the UM recruiting scene: As a complete shock.

"I got an e-mail from the young man that said `I'm 6-6, all I want to do is play football for you,'" Davis said. "I'm thinking `Yeah, right.' I told the kid if he's serious he has to go through the admissions process and take care of that. He did that and then all of a sudden one night I'm walking out of the office and one of my players was standing there -- he's 6-2, and this kid's there and he is 6-6. He said `Hey coach, nice to meet you. I told you I'd be here.' I said `I tell you what, tomorrow morning you meet me on the practice field.' I ran a slant and 9 route with him and I realized God had sent me a gift.

"I go against him one-on-one -- I was a cornerback. He holds his own, is an aggressive kid and has an attitude."

Why did Adderley choose the South Carolina program?

"I heard they were starting a program, and I noticed coach Davis had played in the NFL," he said. "I have an aunt who lives here and a cousin who goes to Southside Christian. So I came."

Davis compares Adderley to Dwayne Jarrett at USC.

"I've seen a kid that has his ability at a more advanced state, and that's the kid from Southern Cal," Davis said. "He uses his body well, and Daniel's hands are bigger than my head. He has huge hands. He's just an exception. He has some blessings that are hard to come by."

Davis said Mosely helped seal the deal when it came to Adderley's commitment.

"He's a great guy with great character," Davis said. "He didn't promise a starting position but talked about how hard he would have to work and what UM meant and how prestigious it is just to get a degree from there. It's a small school, not a big school, and he told Daniel about the great opportunities just to get your degree. His genuineness is what impressed."

Adderley says he decided to commit after Mosely said he expects to still be at UM when the new coach is hired.

"He just told me that he plans on being there, and that was a sign to me," Adderley said. "He seemed honest and straightforward, and if he's there then that's something I want to do.

"I kind of figured I'd get an offer from Miami -- I figured he wasn't coming here to tell me he wasn't interested."

Asked if it's a done deal for the Canes, Adderley said, "I've always loved Miami. I grew up watching them in the Bahamas. It's always been my dream school. So I'm pretty much looking forward to coming to Miami. I highly doubt anything will change."

He says he plans to visit UM in January.

Adderley is playing basketball for the first time this year, and don't be surprised if he winds up starring in that as well. At 6-6 he has a 36-inch vertical jump.

He is working on his strength numbers – he benches 265 pounds and squats 330.

Adderley's recruitment might be picked up more now by Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia Tech and Tennessee. Those programs have been in touch with him already but have not offered scholarships.

But Adderley says any offers now will be too late.

"I'm committed to Miami," he said. "I definitely see myself playing right away. I know I have the ability. I'm going to get the strength in the next year. Mentally, physically I think I'll be ready to help the team."
 11-29-2006, 01:30 PM         #271
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
November 29, 2006

Related Links:
Billy Bob Orsagh bio

If Miami's new coach, whoever that is, decides the Canes are in need of instant quarterback help, he can rest a.ssured he has an interested prospect at Highland (KS) Community College quarterback Billy Bob Orsagh.

Orsagh hit on 121 of 209 passes for 2,100 yards with 14 touchdowns and nine interceptions this season. He added 395 rushing yards and four scores.

Orsagh was voted the No. 2 player in the Kansas Jayhawk Conference by the league's coaches and was Offensive MVP.

Some past players in the conference: NFL standouts Rudi Johnson and Corey Dillon.

"Let me put it this way: He's a poor man's version of a Michael Vick," Highland coach Keith Majors said of Orsagh.

Orsagh had set up an official visit to UM for Dec. 8, although that is now in doubt with the coaching shakeup.

"I'd sure be interested [if UM offers a scholarship]," Orsagh said.

Orsagh wasn't recruited out of Eastland (Tex.) High School.

"I came from a real small high school, so I didn't get a lot of looks, no offers," he said. "I talked to Houston until signing day and everything fell through so I came to JUCO."

He played as a freshman at Millsaps College in Jackson, Miss., before going to Highland.
 10 years ago '04        #272
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
good sh*t
 11-29-2006, 06:13 PM         #273
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nevada has a football team

:wtf:

:rasta:

lets get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 10 years ago '05        #274
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
im ready to see Adderley and see what he can do now. sounds like he could be a problem at 6'6. and it should be fun watching us play nevada.
 11-29-2006, 06:37 PM         #275
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Dee: New Coach Should Be In Place Soon

November 29, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Cane fans eager to find out the name of Miami's new coach won't have long to wait.

Athletic Director Paul Dee said today that he expects to have the coaching search wrapped up in the next couple of weeks.

"We hope that as time goes on in the next week or so that we'll be able to come to a conclusion -– probably in a week, maybe two weeks from now," Dee said.

Dee said no interviews have been conducted yet, but that he has a list of coaches he's interested in hiring.

UM hired Chuck Neinas as a consultant in the search for a new coach, and Dee said the two speak "two to three times a day."

For more on Neinas' qualifications, CLICK HERE.

Dee added, "We've put together a list of people we're interested in with a lot of names on it, are reviewing them. Mr. Neinas has a lot of contacts in the business, and a lot of people have contact him. Various agents have contacted me and him. We've put together a list, are in the process of culling through that list and determining the direction we want to go based on the availability and interest that we're finding."

Dee said there are "far more people" from the college ranks than the pro ranks on his list of potential coaches.

Asked if there are any a.ssistant coaches on the current staff that he will interview, Dee said, "We have strong interest in Randy Shannon."

He said he has not asked other athletic directors for formal permission to talk to their coaches ... yet.

"There's no reason to make 10 phone calls when you want to talk to three people," Dee said. "We're going to make sure we have the right ones, then will ask permission and go from there."

Dee said there might be more than three finalists for the job.

"We'll do what we need to do given the circumstances," he said. "If you have two to three people really interested, then you can make a choice. If you sense their degree of interest is now what you want, you might have more."

* Dee also addressed the facilities issue today.

The school is hoping to upgrade its facilities.

"The facilities we have are adequate and above average, but there's always room to improve," Dee said. "We've spent a lot of money in the last 10 years, over $100 million on facilities. We feel our facilities are constantly in need of upgrading. The facilities we need to have here: Certainly a better academic facility, a better training facility for treatment of our players, there is some need for an indoor practice facility, the track we need to renovate and resurface, the Orange Bowl stadium we're working on -– I just finished a two-and-a-half hour meeting with the senior administration at the University on the Orange Bowl and the progress that's being made there."
 10 years ago '06        #276
samsin420 36 heat pts36
space
space
$5,846 | Props total: 23 23
 P DEDOS 954 said:
nevada has a football team

:wtf:

Real talk,we're like playin in da toilet bowl...Phuck it,long live da U!!! :rasta:
 10 years ago '05        #277
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,688 | Props total: 3796 3796
Nevada > UCLA
 11-29-2006, 06:47 PM         #278
P DEDOS 954 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damnnn if the anouncement comes in acouple weeks

its doubtful that it will be anyone thats already coaching there team

i wonder who are the choices

:wow:

but yeah i dont care who they play as long as they play

should be a sight to see the U play on the blue turf

:rasta:
 11-30-2006, 03:33 PM         #279
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
November 30, 2006

Related Links:
Phelon Jones bioVideo highlights

Mobile (AL) McGill-Toolen High School CB Phelon Jones is standing by Miami after coach Larry Coker was fired.

"He's still committed," said Jones' father, Tony. "We're not going to make a knee-jerk reaction. What we're going to do is wait and see who the new guy is. At the same time we are surveying our options, taking unofficial visits so we can see our options."

Jones has already gone to LSU, Auburn and Florida on unofficial visits.

"We haven't scheduled any official visits," Tony Jones said. "We're trying to wait and see, let the dust settle, see who is where. There's a lot of changes that are going to happen not only at Miami, but at other places."

What would the effect be on Jones if Randy Shannon isn't at Miami when the dust settles?

"We haven't drawn that line, because when you do that you close off options," Tony Jones said. "We're trying to make an intelligent decision, not a draw-a-line-in-the-sand decision. We have until February. We've been committed to Miami since April, and we haven't decommitted so far.

"We still love Miami, hope everything works out."

The Jones family did not want to see Coker fired.

"He's a great guy," Tony Jones said. "The player getting k!lled had nothing to do with Larry Coker. Zero. The brawl, if it had not been Miami it would not have made national news. Teams f!ght and brawl, but it was Miami and the media ran with it.

"Miami's having a down year. How many teams in America have down years? We don't see any fault with Coker. The defense is doing well, the offense isn't."
 10 years ago '04        #280
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
nice, i'm really hopin he comes thru

*awaits the how-fitting-a-player-named-"phelon"-would-want-to-come-to-miami jokes*
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy