Video inside 21 Savage Threatens To Kill Tyga and Disses Him In Sacramento
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside ATL Strikes again
19 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Blac Youngsta puts $250,000 cash on counter at gas station kwiki-mart
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2761
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
November 1, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

DERRICK MORSE Q&A

Q: You got some help with Virginia and Virginia Tech losing last week.

Morse: It's everything we were hoping for. We put ourselves in that position, but we got a little help and now we're in the driver's seat. We didn't plan to have a couple of those losses, were out of the ACC Championship run. Now we're right back in it and control our own destiny. Everyone sees we can still salvage this season and end up in the ACC Championship and a BCS Bowl game. Everybody's excited about it. You can tell everyone's spirits are up. We're definitely on the right track.

Q: NC State likes to blitz. Does that put an emphasis on the offensive line's play?

Morse: They definitely blitz a lot and pack the box, pretty much say, `You can't run the ball.' But so far our mentality each week going into each game is `We're going to run the ball no matter what.' And we proved that against Duke when they stacked the box. We came out and ran the ball great the second half at Florida State, so that gives us a lot of confidence, too. So we expect to do the same against NC State.

Q: NC State seems to blitz every third down. Is that what you've seen?

Morse: Yeah. We've gotten our blitz percentages from our coach. A lot of teams come on third down. We expect the blitz from them. But we have a great scheme and haven't had a problem picking up the blitz yet this year. So hopefully we'll hurt them by picking it up.

Q: What's the mindset with four games left?

Morse: it's like a playoff now, coach was saying. We win out now and we're going to the ACC Championship. And if we lose it's our fault and we put ourselves in that position. We got pretty lucky with what happened this weekend. We're right back in it and we're excited.

Q: Did you watch the Virginia and Virginia Tech games last week?

Morse: I was at home watching with my family. I was a Boston College fan Thursday night and was an NC State fan Saturday. But now I'm back to being a Miami fan. We'll be playing all three of them pretty soon.

Q: NC State has a 3-5 record.

Morse: Just watching them, their record doesn't really show how good they are. Just like Georgia Tech, they have a lot of talented players, play hard. They're NC State, have great athletes. That's how they win games. We'll be in for a good game Saturday.

Q: Did the bye come at a good time?

Morse: We definitely needed that break. We had three weeks of camp, eight weeks of games. Your body needs some type of rest. Coach Shannon did a good job of getting us that rest without giving us too much or too little. I know everyone's feeling fresh. I know everybody's ready and anxious to play, that's for sure.

Q: Talk about Teraz McCray.

Morse: Teraz is a load. He's strong and he's short, but he uses that to his advantage. He comes off the ball extremely fast, which helps us prepare for teams, what we're going to see. Not many guys can play like him. What makes him so tough to block is his explosiveness, quickness and strength. You can't be passive on him. You try to bullrush him and he'll do a swim over you. Those type of players make you a lot better. He's doing a great job. He's one of the toughest guys on the D-line to block. I'm glad he's having a great year.

Q: How big was that final pass of the FSU game for Kirby Freeman's confidence?

Morse: He won us the game. We expect him to play Saturday and expect him to play well.

Q: Talk about Kirby as a player.

Morse: Kirby as a player, you never know where he's going to be. If he's getting pressure he'll run to one side, and if there's nothing he'll run to the other side just trying to make a play. So you never stop blocking because you never know if the ball's thrown or if he's still got it. It's exciting, and that's how he makes plays.

Q: Kyle Wright's run the ball well this year. It seems like every game he gets a big first down with his legs.

Morse: Right. He's definitely been running the ball real well. I think he learned that from Kirby. He's been doing a great job. He realizes how important third downs are, and if he can get them he puts his helmet down and gets them. That's big for our offense, and we can't wait to get him back.
 9 years ago '06        #2762
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,552 | Props total: 11912 11912
good looks cap
 9 years ago '04        #2763
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Shannon's 'first guys' raise hopes for UM
UM coach Randy Shannon's first recruits are showing why they will be the key for the football program's turnaround.

One of the first things coach Randy Shannon told reporters this season was to expect to see many of the 19 players in his first recruiting class on the field. And so far, more than half have played in some capacity -- including five who have played prominent roles.

Running backs Graig Cooper and Shawnbrey McNeal have a made splash in the backfield. Cooper leads the team in rushing and McNeal has come on of late. DeMarcus Van Dyke has made four starts at cornerback in eight games. Orlando Franklin plays half of the game at left guard and Kayne Farquharson, a JUCO transfer, has had his moments at receiver. All are expected to play a lot again Saturday, when the Hurricanes (5-3, 2-2) host North Carolina State (3-5, 1-3) at noon in the Orange Bowl.

But behind the scenes -- on special teams and on the scout team -- there are other young players whom coaches are getting really excited about. And aside from maybe two or three players who might not pan out, Hurricanes coaches believe Shannon's late push for recruits after he got the job in January should provide a solid foundation for the program's turnaround.

''There's no doubt we're excited about the progress of the freshmen,'' recruiting coordinator and defensive line coach Clint Hurtt said. ``You may not see what some of those guys are doing because they aren't in the game, but we love what many of them are doing in practice, on special teams and on scout team. We got high hopes.''

At the top of the list is quarterback Robert Marve, who has returned from the car accident he was involved in this summer with fellow freshman Jermaine McKenzie and impressed while working with the scout team.

McKenzie, meanwhile, is drawing rave reviews from coaches since returning to the scout team the same way he did during summer workouts.

''I'll reserve comments about receivers because I don't coach those guys,'' defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff said Wednesday. ``But I would hate to face Jermaine McKenzie on Saturdays. That's all I'll say.''

Of the four freshman defensive backs UM signed in February, McGriff said Damien Berry and Joseph Nicholas likely will be the first to compete for playing time in the spring. Berry, whom Shannon praised again Thursday for his special teams work, is a player McGriff said figures will see playing time at nickelback and safety next season.

''He's just so physically tough. He'll strike you,'' McGriff said. ``He watches a lot of film and is really getting that down. Once he does, his talent is limitless.''

Said Hurtt: ``He reminds me of [former Hurricane] Antrel Rolle.''

Although Franklin has been the most impressive freshman lineman, offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland said Thursday that guard Harland Gunn and center Tyler Horn should more than compete for starting jobs in the spring after the Hurricanes lose their three interior starters to graduation.

''Horn is very athletic,'' Stoutland said. ``He's gaining a lot of weight now and he's put on 10 pounds in the last two weeks.

Said Hurtt: ``Of all the guys my defensive linemen have to line up against the scout team during one-on-ones, Harland Gunn is by far the one they hate to go up against most. That boy is mean.''

Hurtt said of his young linemen, Adewale Ojomo has made the most strides since arriving in the fall. He also praised the play of linebacker Allen Bailey, who has moved up to No. 2 on the depth chart at middle linebacker.

''We take a lot of pride being Shannon's first guys,'' Ojomo said. ``I was telling Jermaine McKenzie in the shower the other day that I don't expect him to drop passes. I expect a lot from him because we're the future of the program.

``We talk all the time about being Shannon guys and making it happen. Those old guys had their chance and us young guys have to come around and help this program turnaround. Our time is soon.'
 11-02-2007, 01:51 AM         #2764
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

I can't wait to see Allen Bailey play a lot.
 9 years ago '04        #2765
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
dont sleep on damien berry, kids gonna be explosive in the secondary with doug wiggins and DVD
 9 years ago '04        #2766
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 madness said:
dont sleep on damien berry, kids gonna be explosive in the secondary with doug wiggins and DVD
i seriously doubt Doug Wiggins will ever play here
 9 years ago '06        #2767
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
more of a reason we need to lock up brandon harris ^

lol @ luther cambells radio show on 790 the ticket

he gave out an email to get a hold of brandon harris to beg him to become a cane, i bet Luke sent him strippers too
 9 years ago '07        #2768
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Damn, its official...Freeman is the worst qb in Miami history
 9 years ago '06        #2769
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
one completion and 3 INT's

wow just wow
 9 years ago '07        #2770
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
I swear, Imma k!ll Kirby Freeman:banghead::finger:

Edit:Imma take out Darren Daly too

Last edited by ttime236; 11-03-2007 at 02:44 PM..
 11-03-2007, 02:42 PM         #2771
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going to k!ll fu*king KIRBY FREEMAN. YOU MAKE ONE MOTHERfu*kING COMPLETION? ARE YOU fu*kING KIDDING ME
 9 years ago '06        #2772
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
hmmmmmmmm

so 300 yards rushing and our D did everything they could

can some1 explain to me what randy shannon saw in kirby freeman to give him the starting job in the beginning of the year :wtf:

lmao @ freeman having a U tattoo, u muthafu*kin scrub why dont u do us a favor a transfer to a D4 school

yo randy how bout u recruit a fu*king punter and feild goal kicker dammit man!!!
 9 years ago '05        #2773
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
cant believe this sh*t, didnt see the game cuz im in gainesville right now for gator growl but unbelievable 1 completion the whole game is pitiful
 11-03-2007, 03:34 PM         #2774
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kirby Freeman is really a piece of sh*t QB. I have seen at least 12 QB's in high school better then him. And thats not even an exaggeration. I don't think Ive ever see a college QB this bad. Shannon needs to do something about this right now
 9 years ago '04        #2775
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
one completion? three picks?
unbelievable
freeman should have his scholarship revoked
 9 years ago '04        #2776
MiamiDade 55 heat pts55
space
space
$14,321 | Props total: 565 565
1 for 14? WTF!!!

i didnt see the game, but im seeing the stats like wat the fu*k
 9 years ago '04        #2777
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
to add even more insult to a sh*tty day, robert marve was arrested in coconut grove a couple nights ago
it was only a misdemeanor, but u know shannon and his zero-tolerance policy

Last edited by madness; 11-03-2007 at 05:13 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #2778
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 madness said:
to add even more insult to a sh*tty day, robert marve was arrested in coconut grove a couple nights ago
it was only a misdemeanor, but u know shannon and his zero-tolerance policy
Yea i just saw about it. I aint know if it was true or I was late cus I aint really been on the computer much but on InsideTheU.com it says it happened on Halloween.
 9 years ago '07        #2779
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
at whoever saw anything in kirby freeman to even consider recruiting him...the man honestly cant do anything right
 9 years ago '04        #2780
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
goddamn we fu*king suck...

We need this 2007 recruiting class to come to campus like right fu*king now!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 1 - China To Trump: "Good Luck Bringing Jobs back To U.S."
59 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
197 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
183 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
J.Cole dissing Kanye on new song "False Prophets"
343 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
134 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Was Born Ready. I'm Sure you can Guess What for
154 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy