Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2741
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
October 29, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami Booker T Washington High School WR and Cane commitment Davon Johnson says the Florida Gators are "coming on hard."

"They send me a lot of letters comparing me to Percy Harvin, explaining it could be me next year like him," Johnson said.

Johnson also says "South Carolina is coming into the picture."

"Their coach stopped by the school this past week," Johnson said. "They offered me a scholarship back in May."

Johnson also says he'll take a visit to USF in December or January.

The level of his Miami commitment?

"90 percent," he says.

Johnson says he sees an immediate need for a player of his caliber to come in and make an impact for the Canes.

"At receiver Miami has little depth, not a lot of playmakers," he said. "So you don't throw the ball a lot because there's not a lot of playmakers around. I'll set my goals high and try to contribute to the team as a freshman."

Johnson says he's enjoying all the attention he's getting in the recruiting process.

"It's going well," he said. "I'm blessed to be recruited like this. I'm really enjoying it."
 9 years ago '07        #2742
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
good stuff cap
 9 years ago '06        #2743
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHYT

its a wrap for virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the last game at the OB is gonna be a night game, 7:15 pm!!!!!

* wipes tear from eye *

lets get it!!!

:rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #2744
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
October 29, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

When Hurricane coaches offered Jacksonville (FL) Forrest High School OL Byran Jones four days ago, he had only five other offers: Western Kentucky, FIU, UCF, Minnesota and East Carolina.

"I was surprised Miami offered," Jones said.

And happy.

Jones now says UM is his clear frontrunner.

"They're way ahead," Jones said. "I expect to be a Hurricane.

"I like their academics, the football program – the tradition there I want to be a part of."

Jones says No. 2 on his list behind Miami is Florida – the Gators are recruiting him but have yet to offer. No. 3 on his list is Central Florida.

It's not hard to see why Jones plans to be heading to Coral Gables. In his bedroom is a picture of the Michael Irvin-era Hurricane team.

"I'm a Hurricane fan," Jones said. "Growing up my uncles were all rooting for Florida and Florida State. I wanted to be different. I saw the Hurricanes on TV, liked how explosive they are."

Jones says he will be a guard or center in college. He's playing guard this season and says he's "learning to play center."

He says he compares himself to NFL lineman Jeff Saturday.

"He's smart, works hard," Jones said. "I'm trying to be like him."

The 6-foot-3 Jones certainly works hard. He dropped 30 pounds from his junior season, now weighing in at a toned 300 pounds.

"I changed the way I was eating, no fried foods, no soda, no French fries," Jones said.

Jones says he will take his official visit to UM in January. He's being recruited by Clint Hurtt.

"He's cool, a great guy," Jones said.

Jones's high school coach, Dennis Clemons, says of the lineman that "He's a very good run blocker. He's a very gifted kid, is extremely strong, benches close to 450."

Jones plays both ways in high school, and one of his offers – from Minnesota – is as a defensive lineman.

Jones transferred to Forrest High in ninth grade from Jacksonville Episcopal High School.

"At first all we saw was the size," Clemons said. "We're not used to having linemen that size at our school. You could see he's a kid that could be molded. He's come miles from where he was a sophomore, wasn't that good a linemen. You saw the improvement that came in his junior year. Right now he's no doubt the best offensive line since I've been here."

Clemons has been coaching at Forrest High for eight years.
 9 years ago '05        #2745
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
ne one know where i can buy a TH"U"GS tshirt....i saw ppl in tally wearing it and im wondering where i can cop
 9 years ago '04        #2746
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
I don't know if you guys have heard this but it looks like Doug Wiggins was dismissed from the team after he got in a f!ght with another teammate and was just plain frustrated and walked off the field and what not. I don't think he's on the roster anymore by the way.

I heard this on the CaneSport.com message boards by the way.
 9 years ago '06        #2747
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
damn !!!!!! sad shyt mang!!!! i thought wiggins was the future but i guess hes mad cause he didnt get playing time handed to him!!! if thats the case goodbye and good luck
 10-31-2007, 11:43 AM         #2748
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wtf not Wiggins... Thats my n*gga for real. Hes gonna be a lock down corner
 9 years ago '06        #2749
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
how the fu*k is redd*ck f!ghting people if he has a torn ACL!!!! thats the name thats coming up lol and this sounds true because he hasnt been at practice this week :hang:

Last edited by DEDOS; 10-31-2007 at 11:53 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #2750
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Supposedly Wiggins was lazy as fu*k in practice and was outta shape and wasn't really following Shannon's sh*t. And got pissed becuz he wasn't being given any playing time at all.
 9 years ago '04        #2751
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 10-31-2007, 03:49 PM         #2752
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its fu*ked up he wasn't given any playing time. Kid came in as one of the top corners in the country. I understand what Shannon wants to do but I think he needs to understand its a different college scene then when he was playing. Kids don't come in as top prospect and not get playing time its not like it use to be. Esp with DVD starting I wonder how he broached the subject with Wiggins
 9 years ago '07        #2753
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
maybe wiggins was being lazy?
 9 years ago '06        #2754
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
theres an article on rivals about the wiggins situation

sounds like he isnt kicked off the team

9 years ago '04        #2755
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
yeah, he isnt kicked off the squad.
he's been goin thru some personal problems A.K.A. he's frustrated with lack of PT.
i feel him tho, both he and damien berry should be gettin some burn now, all the juniors and seniors in front of them aint nuthin special.
 9 years ago '06        #2756
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
REDSHIRT HIS a.ss!!!!!!

:rasta:
 9 years ago '04        #2757
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
apparently we're interested in Lawrence Taylor's son, a DL/LB from Miami Krop
 9 years ago '04        #2758
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
October 31, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room

Freshman cornerback Doug Wiggins has been a no-show for practices the past week because coach Randy Shannon says "Doug has some personal things he's taking care of. When he finishes them we'll discuss his problems."

Shannon said Wiggins remains on the team and is attending class at UM.

Wiggins is also dealing with a hamstring injury.

"It wasn't anything really bad he's done, he's just taking care of some things personal-wise now," Shannon said.

Wiggins graduated high school early, arriving at UM in time for spring practice. But he never worked his way into the rotation, struggling to pick up the nuances at nickel and dime.

The 5-foot-11, 188-pounder was rated the nation's No. 4 cornerback prospect by Rivals.com. His senior year he played quarterback and passed for 1,324 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also played cornerback, but teams rarely threw his way. As a junior he threw 13 touchdowns as a quarterback and had seven interceptions while playing safety.
 9 years ago '04        #2759
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 1, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Facing Florida State wasn't just any other game for OL Orlando Franklin.

It was personal.

Franklin was heavily recruited by the Seminoles two years ago out of high school, and one of his best friends – Preston Parker, a former high school teammate – plays for FSU.

Franklin and Parker speak regularly.

"I tell him he should have come to Miami all the time," Franklin said. "I grew up with Preston. He was telling me he was going to Miami all the way up to Signing Day, that morning. That was pretty personal, when he switched out."

The two got together on the field after the game. Franklin said Parker was upset about the loss.

What did they talk about?

"He was saying they should have won, that I know they should have won," Franklin said. "That's what he told me - `Oh, you know we should have won.' I said, `Hey, we'll see next year.'"

Franklin said coaches graded him out at 100-79-100 for the Florida State game.

"100 in effort, 79 in technique and 100 in a.ssignment," Franklin said.

* Franklin estimates he's playing 35 snaps a game, which is about the same amount as starting left guard Andrew Bain.

Franklin says he's working most on his technique.

What does he expect for himself down the road?

"Next year I see myself being the starting left guard, and the year after that I see myself going back to tackle," Franklin said.

Franklin, who played tackle in high school, said the adjustment to guard hasn't been difficult.

"It wasn't that hard of a transition," he said.
 9 years ago '04        #2760
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
November 1, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Randy Phillips is a man in motion.

He began the season at cornerback, then was moved to safety after he struggled against Oklahoma. He got extensive action at dime at Florida State and came through with two interceptions.

Now he says he'll be playing nickel this weekend.

"Where (coaches) put me, that's where I go," he said. "Someone gets hurt, I fill in."

Phillips said he was moved to nickel on Monday. He says he has no problem playing anywhere on the field.

"If I'm on the field it's good," he said. "God blessed me with talent. My coach sees I can play multiple positions. We want to win. Whatever we've got, we're going to use it."

Phillips says he feels most comfortable at safety. That's the position he played in Pop Warner and high school.

"In high school I was going to be the next great safety, then I moved to cornerback when I got here," Phillips said. "That kind of slowed me down as far as my playmaking ability because if nobody throws over there I can't really do anything. At cornerback I'm real physical because I like to stop the run, stuff like that. At corner you need guys with more patience, that cover and let safeties do the dirty work. I'm a guy that likes to make plays, read an offense."

Asked about the upcoming game against NC State, Phillips said, "We thank them for beating Virginia. Now we just have to go out, play hard and execute."

Of the NC State offense, Phillips said, "They have two great running backs that run hard, are hard to tackle. They're going to be one of the best backfields we face all year. And their receivers are good."

This is the homecoming game for the Canes.

"You never want to lose at homecoming," Phillips said. "You want to go out and perform at a high level. Homecoming is always special."

* The team now controls its own destiny in the ACC.

Phillips' take on that?

"We have to take it one game at a time, one play at a time," Phillips said. "Early in the year we probably tried to look forward, look down the schedule with so many great teams coming up. Now they're here and every game counts. We lose one and our dreams can be shattered. We have to play one at a time. We just can't slip up."

* With only two games left at the Orange Bowl, Phillips said, "I have no control, no feelings" about it.

He adds, "I can't control it, so I can't worry about it. When the other team says `Hut' and hikes the ball it doesn't matter where we're at. We can be in a hallway."
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago