Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside 'Who Shot Biggie & Tupac' on FoX Right NOW!!!!! *******NEW INFO RE..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This sh-t feels like Teenage Fever
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Derek Wolfe: "If you don’t think America is greatest country, why do you s..
247 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Imagine the backshots
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11-19-2007, 09:21 PM         #2701
VirginiaHustler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ttime236 said:
it will when the seniors leave and the imcoming freshman start playin ball
True that. Almost all of V Tech's defense is graduating this year so it will be interesting to see how we are next year and if Taylor can stay healthy. I see you're a fellow Skins fan, I'm so fu*king pissed Sean Taylor was out because they had GD Fletcher covering TO and made damn fools out of Springs. Jason Campbell is really coming along though, they should have let him loose earlier in the season.
 10 years ago '07        #2702
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 VirginiaHustler said:
True that. Almost all of V Tech's defense is graduating this year so it will be interesting to see how we are next year and if Taylor can stay healthy. I see you're a fellow Skins fan, I'm so fu*king pissed Sean Taylor was out because they had GD Fletcher covering TO and made damn fools out of Springs. Jason Campbell is really coming along though, they should have let him loose earlier in the season.
Yea, Taylor's gonna be a good one for years. You speak the truth bout the skins man. JC should be able to just ball and Sean Taylor had better get a fu*kin extension soon.....Him and McIntosh are building blocks and are both from the U:D
 10 years ago '07        #2703
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Not to further ingrain my Gator sh*t in y'alls Miami thread but I've been hearing that Travis Benjamin is really looking for a Gator offer and if he gets it, which is highly likely he will commit to the Gators. I guess Deonte been in his ear and I heard Benjamin was doing the Gator chomp all game his last game. He may be small but the kid is definitely a baller and will help any team he is on, hear he is a very hard worker and I hope he goes to UF but if not y'all will be getting a pretty good one.
no argument there, the kid is a legit ballplayer.:applause:
 10 years ago '04        #2704
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,669 | Props total: 3664 3664
 Xaiv said:
He's not great, in fact he calls the worse RZ plays I have ever seen, but he does an OK job with what he has. I'm just glad Larry Coker chose Sam Shields over Preston Parker SS is gonna be a good player, but PP is already hella good.
he didnt "choose" shields over parker.

we were supposed to get both, but Parker didnt want to put in the work to get past admissions
 10 years ago '04        #2705
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
man i miss the swagger we had :( :( :( :( :(

lol @ 3:50 seconds what erickson said

"forget about it, drop dead, where gonna win anyhow"

lol @ grilling them before the game started

lol @ us setting a record for personal fouls

* wipes tear from the eye *

stop watching sh*t like that...that era of miami football is dead.

its a new beginning. we cant keep living off the past
 11-20-2007, 12:37 PM         #2706
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Shannon keeps up with these rules aint sh*t gonna change. Ever Butch let up after a while and let the players go. Shannon will learn or be unemployed.
 10 years ago '04        #2707
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
If Shannon keeps up with these rules aint sh*t gonna change. Ever Butch let up after a while and let the players go. Shannon will learn or be unemployed.

dude the rules aint a problem. because none of that sh*t has anything to do with the football field.

our problem is strictly football issues...that the questionable ability, skill wise, and character wise of about half our team.

dont be suprised if you hear about some guys getting ran off.
 10 years ago '07        #2708
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
The off-field rules are beneficial and keep the players out of trouble. I think that with winning, Shannon will open up and allow the players to start "celebrating" on the field. But, first he needs to get this program winning again before it can regain the swagger.
 10 years ago '05        #2709
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,006 | Props total: 588 588
 C.R.I.P. said:
he didnt "choose" shields over parker.

we were supposed to get both, but Parker didnt want to put in the work to get past admissions

another reason why donna shalala can suck a d*ck

Last edited by Deeangoe; 11-20-2007 at 11:34 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #2710
madness 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$12,908 | Props total: 2433 2433
Without a win at Boston College, Saturday would be the finale for a UM senior class that produced some positive stories ( Darnell Jenkins' productive year, Vegas Franklin's team-leading seven sacks), but several disappointments, too.

Chatter on some of the 23 seniors and their futures:

• Kyle Wright, rated the No. 1 quarterback of the 2003 class, says he can't pinpoint why he couldn't build on his 18 touchdown, 10 interception sophomore season (he's at 10/13 this year), or deliver more games like September's 21-of-26, 275-yard gem vs. Texas A&M. (Blame receivers for at least a couple of his INTs this year.)

''You depend so much on what goes on around you,'' said Wright, who hasn't had elite receivers. ``Four offensive coordinators the past five years -- it was hard to get continuity and used to a system. Every offseason, not only me, but helping others learn a new system.

``If I would have listened to people who said how bad I [stink], I would start believing I [stink]. But I know that's not the case. I gave it my best shot.''

Wright -- who appreciates the help Ken Dorsey, Bernie Kosar and Gino Torretta offered -- says he's counting on a pro career. ''He'll probably be an undrafted free agent,'' NFL Network draftnik Mike Mayock said. ``He's out of sight on my board.''

• Underachieving receiver Lance Leggett, rated No. 21 overall by rivals.com in '04, has dropped from 38 to 15 receptions, and coaches have been down on him. ''I'm disappointed because I haven't achieved what I wanted the last four years,'' Leggett said. ''It's not talent. I'm talented!'' Leggett could be another Ryan Moore, who never got an NFL tryout and has been auditioning for Arena teams.

• Sixth-year cornerback Glenn Sharpe overcame two serious knee injuries, only to be slowed by hamstring problems this year. 'It's frustrating -- I've asked myself, `Why?' '' he admits of a hard-luck career which also included the questionable pass interference call in the January 2003 national championship Fiesta Bowl. `` Antrel Rolle said to keep my head up and pray.''

Mayock said Sharpe remains an NFL prospect because of ``good size and long arms.''

• NFL people say Jenkins and Tavares Gooden boosted their stock: ''Both run well -- Gooden will be in the third round area,'' Mayock said. Draftnik Russ Lande said Jenkins projects as a mid-round pick. . . . Mayock sees Teraz McCray as a late-round pick, at best. . . . Among injured seniors who could be redshirted or get a medical redshirt ( Glenn Cook, Romeo Davis, Charlie Jones), a UM official noted Jones was introduced with the seniors at the last home game, but Cook and Davis weren't and might return. Coach Randy Shannon highly values Cook.
 10 years ago '07        #2711
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
Damn, I feel bad when the good seniors get wrongly criticized by everyone(even I did it), but imma miss someof these dudes when they graduate
 10 years ago '04        #2712
KiNgJaMeS305|M 58 heat pts58
space
space
$22,900 | Props total: 44 44
Recruits sticking with UM
Even though it has played poorly this season, UM likely won't see many defections from its 2008 recruiting class.
Posted on Wed, Nov. 21, 2007
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By MANNY NAVARRO

Miami Northwestern quarterback Jacory Harris, leader of the nation's top-ranked high school football team, laughed last week when he was asked what would happen if his team would lose a game by the same 48-0 score the University of Miami did against Virginia on Nov. 10.

''. . . The school would go on code red lockdown,'' said Harris, one of 21 University of Miami commitments, and one of more than a dozen who was on the sideline for the Virginia game.

Barring an upset victory at 15th-ranked Boston College, UM's season will end Saturday at 5-7, its worst record since it finished 3-8 in 1977. Many outsiders believe it could lead to a similar ''code red'' situation for the Canes' recruiting efforts, which feature a class some have tabbed as the nation's best. But UM coaches and recruits are saying otherwise.

`NOT BUDGING'

Northwestern linebacker Sean Spence, a UM recruit, said he's ''not budging'' and ''believes in coach Randy Shannon,'' even if Tennessee and North Carolina have been pressuring him lately to change his mind. The same goes for Booker T. Washington receivers Davon Johnson and Thearon Collier, and Hollywood Chaminade linebacker Jordan Futch.

Talk aside, one thing is for sure: the Hurricanes badly need their next class to be talented because players, coaches, recruits and fans are banking on it.

''Once those guys get here,'' safety Randy Phillips said Tuesday, ``the attitude around here is going to change.''

But nothing is guaranteed -- especially in the unstable world of recruiting. After a 44-14 loss to Virginia Tech last week, Shannon said he and his staff needed to ``recruit their butts off.''

The Hurricanes did that after their last fall from grace. Following a 5-6 season in 1997, Miami responded by bringing in some of the most talented players in the program's history, including Dan Morgan, Ed Reed, Reggie Wayne and Santana Moss. A year later, Miami turned to Morgan, Reed and Wayne -- who led the team in tackles and receiving -- to an 8-3 season. The talent run eventually led to the program's fifth national title in 2001.

''To me, this is 1997 all over again,'' said defensive line coach and recruiting director Clint Hurtt, who was part of UM's 1997 recruiting class. ``We had 32 of the 44 players in the two-deep then who were freshmen, redshirt freshmen or sophomores, and all we continued to do was build off that talent and bring in great classes after that.''

But before anyone in South Florida starts talking about championships again, Shannon has said UM needs players in next year's class to contribute immediately. He said he wants players that ''can change the culture'' of Miami's football program.

''The guys we're evaluating we feel are bosses, hogs, guys who are competitive,'' Hurtt said. ``They are guys that come from winning programs and they understand what it takes to win.''

Futch said he, Harris and a number of other recruits visited UM a day after the Virginia loss (a usual occurence on Sundays by Dade, Broward and Palm Beach county recruits) and told coaches they didn't like what they saw from their future teammates.

''None of us like what we're seeing, but all of us think we can come in, make a difference,'' said Harris, who is taking online English and economics courses so he can graduate early and attend UM classes in the spring.

``You're not supposed to lose 48-zip and be OK with it. You expect to see more if you're a die-hard Cane.''

WAVERING RECRUITS?

Once the season ends, all that will matter for UM's program is who the die-hard Canes recruits are. Recruiting analysts say a few commitments are wavering, including Pompano Beach Ely's Patrick Johnson, the best player in Broward and one of the best cornerbacks in the country, and Dunnellon linebacker Lerentee McCray.

''I think Patrick Johnson will end up picking LSU or Florida. But I think the six kids from Northwestern will probably stick together,'' said Charles Fishbein, the director of high school scouting for MSLCombines.net. ``And that's important. UM needs their talent, but they also need their mentality, the kind that raises the level of intensity in practice and carries the program.''
 11-21-2007, 04:15 PM         #2713
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did you guys hear Donald Trump saying we hired the wrong guy? He sent a letter to Donna Shalala
 10 years ago '04        #2714
madness 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
yeah, trump recommended mike leach.
he's an offensive guru, but who knows if his style would've worked at miami....then again anything would look better than a pat nix offense.
 11-21-2007, 05:06 PM         #2715
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If Trump would have given us some of his money I'd be happy . I wanted Leach anyway. I thought he would be a great fit because it would remind me of the Erickson days with the high powered passing attack
 10 years ago '04        #2716
madness 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
yeah leach has worked wonders at tech....considering he gets all the leftover talent that texas and oklahoma dont want
but he wouldnt come close to matching shannon's recruiting prowess, at least not in south florida
 10 years ago '07        #2717
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
Dont tell me y'all are already bailing on coach shannon. The man will get it turned around
 10 years ago '07        #2718
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
fire randy shannon right now and hire these muthafu*kin coaches right here, now this is how u coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BHAHAHAAHAHAAH

where the fuk is the full video of this i will cop LMAO

damn its foul that easterling got dem fired
Damnnnnnnn, those coaches werent f*ckin around
 10 years ago '04        #2719
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM's Shannon will keep coaching staff intact
Posted on Wed, Nov. 21, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
UM STAFF WILL STAY INTACT

University of Miami coach Randy Shannon said Tuesday that his staff will remain intact after this season.

''You've got to get stability,'' Shannon said. ``Remember when the Pittsburgh Steelers were doing good? stability. That's the key. You've got to be stabilized. You can always go in and every other year fire somebody, get a new guy in, fire somebody, get a new guy in, [and] you'll go up for a little bit and then you're going to go back down. You've got to build that foundation for what you're trying to do.

``I'm not saying some guys on the staff [won't] leave and take other jobs. . . . But if they're here, they're here.''

• Saturday's forecast for the noon Boston College game: 39-degree high and 33 low, with 10 percent chance of precipitation.

• Tailback Graig Cooper, who missed the Virginia Tech game with a sprained knee, practiced Tuesday. . . . Defensive end Courtney Harris (undisclosed) is still out.

-- SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN
 10 years ago '05        #2720
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,006 | Props total: 588 588
nebody know who won between northwestern and columbus?

*edit* oh my god did i just son myself....wow ive been going out since weds that i thought today was saturday fu*k...the game hasnt even played

Last edited by Deeangoe; 11-23-2007 at 05:05 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
the ig is @hotisraeliarmygirls
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil mama a thot, and she got ass And she gon' fu-k up a bag
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah Badu Has switched sides now
86 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When u get caught by ur daddy :mjlol:
66 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The truth about the United States, the law... & YOU.
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Another Justice League Charcter Cut By Joss Whedon
27 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX ESPN declares GGG P4P #1 after Ward retirement
58 comments
1 day ago