squad up!

Miami Hurricanes

view the rest of most viewed

most viewed right now
232 comments
@thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #3351
booie4 
space
space
$5,535 | Props total: 2184 2184
In CaneSport's final Inside the Weight room segment, strength and conditioning coach Andreu Swasey breaks down who he sees as solid performers at each position [Note that sprint and vertical testing will occur in the months ahead]:

QUARTERBACK

Swasey spoke about Jacory Harris and Cannon Smith in Part II of the Inside the Weight Room segments, which leaves Robert Marve for this section.

Marve benched 285 pounds, squatted 300 pounds and had a 200-pound power clean this spring. That's about back to where he was before he suffered injuries that kept him from working last summer and into the fall.

"Now we're back to full speed," Swasey said. "We lost so much time. He was 190-something when he was hurt. Now he's up to 200, 205 pounds. We're just starting to make gains now. It's a little slower process, but we're back on schedule and moving forward.

"We want to have him continue gaining some nice muscle mass. We have to pad up. We're young, so I'm trying everything I can to make sure the quarterbacks get padded up, and I have to pad up the offensive line to keep them protected."

Swasey says Marve is a "very hard worker."

"He's very competitive," Swasey said. "That's the good thing about all our kids coming in - they're hard workers and dedicated to winning. That shows in their work ethic."

RUNNING BACK

Javarris James and Graig Cooper were banged up at times last year but are back at full strength. And both have gained a lot of strength.

Last year James benched 290 pounds, power cleaned 286 pounds and squatted 525 pounds. This year he benched 315 pounds, cleaned 318 pounds and squatted 535 pounds.

Last year Cooper benched 270 pounds, power cleaned 220 pounds and squatted 440 pounds. This year he benched 310 pounds and cleaned 242 pounds. His squat came in at 425 pounds.

"They're doing well," Swasey said. "They both gained some mass.

"We've got some pretty good depth, also, that will allow us to do what we need to do in the backfield."

Of Derron Thomas's 500-pound squat, which tied for eighth-best on the team, Swasey simply said, "That's pretty strong."

WIDE RECEIVER

Asked who has stepped up a lot from last year, Swasey said, "Leonard Hankerson has put on a lot (of weight), gotten a lot bigger and stronger."

Hankerson tested with a 280-pound bench, 286-pound power clean and 390-pound squat.

Swasey also said Sam Shields "has had unbelievable workouts." He added, "And there's Aldarius Johnson, and I'm very impressed with Khalil Jones in the weight room."

Jones improved his bench from 305 last year to 315, his power clean has gone from 286 to 318, and his squat improved five pounds to 320.

"He's been unbelievable, coming on real good," Swasey said.

Kayne Farquharson's numbers were on the lower end of the receivers - he benched 235 pounds, power cleaned 196 and squatted 315.

"He's a junior college kid that just came in with the program (last year)," Swasey said. "Other guys are way more stronger, but Kayne's a tough kid."

OFFENSIVE LINE

Swasey points to Joel Figueroa as making a lot of improvement. Figueroa increased his bench from 350 pounds last year to 425, and his power clean went from 264 to 308. He didn't test in the squat last year but squatted 520 pounds this year, sixth-best on the team.

"He's really matured and come on," Swasey said. "He'll really help us."

Swasey also said Reggie Youngblood has made a big step forward. Youngblood has improved his bench from 335 last year to 350, and his power clean went from 318 to 340. His squat has gone down from 425 to 410.

"I'm real proud of Youngblood," Swasey said. "He had an unbelievable spring. He was healthy, was strong and did well."

Jason Fox tested at 345 in the bench (up 20 pounds from last year), 308 in the power clean (the same as last year) and 425 (down 15 pounds) in the squat.

"Fox I'm overly impressed with," Swasey said. "He came in (weighing) 270, now is at 306.

"We have some big, massive, strong guys. Our depth is older, more mature. These guys are really maturing, getting up there in size and strength."

A couple of linemen are still working to cut weight. Chris Barney weighed in this week at 342 pounds while Ian Symonette is at 358 pounds.

"If Barney can lose 10 more pounds he can be efficient," Swasey said. "We're talking about a kid coming from 365. It's improvement. We want to make it a life-changing experience for the kid. You can see him getting better. He'll be able to help us because he can move around.

"Symonette - his strength numbers are not moving that frame like he needs to, so he needs to either drop (weight) or get super, super strong real fast."

* Orlando Franklin did not participate in testing due to injury.

"He didn't get to practice but has worked real hard," Swasey said.

Franklin hasn't been able to do upper body weights this spring.

TIGHT END

A focus for Swasey right now is getting some bulk on Daniel Adderley, who moved from wide receiver this spring.

"We'll up his shake intake, his protein intake, making sure he's getting the carbohydrates and eating as much as he can around the clock," Swasey said.

Adderley tested at 225 pounds in the bench, 220 pounds in the power clean and 335 pounds in the squat.

"He needs to get some size to be in the trenches," Swasey said. "Him moving (to tight end) creates more depth. You have Chris Zellner, Dedrick Epps, Richard Gordon, who is doing an unbelievable job. You're basically swapping the departure of Dajleon Farr with bringing Adderley in. He's someone who can probably help us a little bit. He has a new position, and coach Shannon is really challenging guys to see who can help us win games."

Swasey says Gordon is still a freak in his book. Gordon benched 360 pounds (15 more than last year), power cleaned 308 pounds (seven more than last year) and squatted 500 pounds (the same as last year).

"I know he'll end up being faster, and he's already stronger," Swasey said. "He should probably break some (tight end) records when we test in (40, vertical and other events). I'll be shocked if he doesn't."

Epps had a strong spring. In testing he benched 325 pounds, power cleaned 308 pounds and squatted 470 pounds.

"Epps has been kind of the unsung quiet hero - he made the big catch last year against Florida State," Swasey said. "He put on some huge mass, size. He's at 253 pounds, looks good.

"I'm real impressed with our tight ends with Richard, Chris Zellner (who squatted 500 pounds) - they look real good. It's exciting. No matter who is in there I think they'll help us blocking and passing. They're going to really shock you."

11 years ago '04        #3352
booie4 
space
space
DEFENSIVE LINE

Swasey gave Allen Bailey his Freak of the Year award (see Part I for more on Bailey).

And other linemen are also doing well.

"You've got Adewale Ojomo, Steven Wesley that has done an unbelievable job - I'm very impressed with him," Swasey said. "You've got Marcus Forston in there (see Part II for more on him) and Chaz Washington has really picked it up. I'm really impressed with Chaz working and getting better."

Washington tested well with a 365-pound bench (30 more than last year), 286-pound power clean (up 22 from last year) and 445-pound squat (up 20 pounds).

"The competition really breeds success," Swasey says. "What I see is young guys coming in and challenging. You have competition going on. You've got Eric Moncur, Bailey, Ojomo, who will make some noise. You're creating depth, and that's the key. Wesley, Courtney Harris and Allen Bailey, that's pretty good depth. When we're pretty good that's what we have, that arsenal to go in and rotate. You didn't take Jerome McDougle and put him at tackle. You had enough arsenal, and it allows guys to get better at that position."

Antonio Dixon has struggled with his weight but is making some strides - he weighed in this week at 323 pounds.

"It's going down," Swasey said.

Dixon tested at 350 pounds in the bench (he did 375 last year), 274 in the power clean (he didn't test last year) and 435 in the squat (20 better than last year).

Eric Moncur, who weighed in this week at 252 pounds, remains one of the strongest Canes despite an injury that held him back a bit this spring.

He tested at 340 pounds in the bench (up 5 from last year), 286 in the power clean (off of last year's 340) and 500 in the squat (down from last year's 525).

A big question entering next year: Is Forston physically ready to be a starter as a true freshman?

"Right now it's a process," Swasey said. "We can't forget that they're freshmen. It sounds good (to have him start), but we have to rely on our older guys to come through for us. We've got Dixon, Dwayne Hendricks, Joe (Joseph). We have to rely on those guys. You can't rely on freshmen to take the bulk (of the work). They should help us out with spot play. Look at last year with Joel Figueroa and Orlando Franklin (who became starters by the end of the year as freshmen). You don't just throw them out there to the wolves. You have to help them grow and develop. It's a man's game in those trenches."

LINEBACKER

Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis are coming off injuries that cost them last year, and Swasey was effusive in his praise of Cook.

"Glenn is doing unbelievable in the weight room," Swasey said.

Cook benched 300 pounds (up 15 pounds from last spring), power cleaned 308 (the same as last year) and squatted 420 (up 5 pounds).

Davis benched 285 and squatted 365. He didn't test in the power clean. And last year he didn't test due to injury.

"Romeo is looking better," Swasey said. "He's still coming along."

Asked if anyone surprised him at linebacker, Swasey said, "I thought Spencer (Adkins) did pretty well. And Darryl Sharpton had an unbelievable spring."

Adkins and Sharpton were both among the team's top performers in the squat - Adkins was third on the team at 545 pounds while Sharpton tied for fourth at 535 pounds.

* Colin McCarthy didn't participate this spring due to injury and did not test.

DEFENSIVE BACK

Safety Anthony Redd*ck is coming back after missing time due to injury - he participated this spring - and Swasey says he likes what he's seeing.

"The kid hasn't played for two years now," Swasey said. "It's just a matter of him continuing to work and developing his confidence back. He's working hard and getting ready."

Redd*ck benched 295 pounds, power cleaned 264 and squatted 365.

"He's still a little down - was a 405, 415 kid in the squat (before the injuries)," Swasey said. "We're still working to get that leg strength back."

Swasey pointed to JoJo Nicolas as performing well - he benched 275 and squatted 375 this spring.

At cornerback, Swasey said he's been very impressed with Chavez Grant, who benched 255 pounds (up from 225 last year), power cleaned 242 (up from 230) and squatted 390 (up from 365).

"And Bruce Johnson put on some size - he's at about 186 right now from 170," Swasey said. "I'm real impressed with them and how they're working."

Johnson benched 235 pounds and squatted 320 in spring testing.

DVD came into UM last year without big weight room numbers, and Swasey says "He's getting better, is a work in progress. He just has to keep working."

DVD benched 225 pounds, power cleaned 230 and squatted 300 this spring.

11 years ago '04        #3353
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$13,230 | Props total: 4266 4266
todd chandler was unblockable in the state game, hopefully he stays home so him and fortson can wreck shop in college

04-12-2008, 03:45 PM         #3354
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said

LB vs RB ^

IMO thank goodness we stocked up on Linebacker recruits this year, none of these guys IMO should get an offer

^ OL vs DL

Chandler Vernon is quick as fu*k

^ WR vs DB

bailey ripped it from the wideouts and dwayne drifton

DB we need to get Carter, Ely let us down last year

yo how do I play those videos?

04-12-2008, 11:06 PM         #3355
Cheeze  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Still doesn't work for me but oh well.

Does anyone know whats the deal with the TE situation? I wanna see Richard Gordon as a starter cause he seems like a such talent to not use him more often. And does anybody know what happened to DajLeon Farr? Is he still on the team?

11 years ago '04        #3356
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
 JNyiri77 said
Still doesn't work for me but oh well.

Does anyone know whats the deal with the TE situation? I wanna see Richard Gordon as a starter cause he seems like a such talent to not use him more often. And does anybody know what happened to DajLeon Farr? Is he still on the team?
epps, zellner, and gordon will all split reps there, plus they just moved 6'6 daniel adderley there, hopefully one of those guys emerges as the man.

and farr transferred, i forget to where

11 years ago '04        #3357
booie4 
space
space
Farr transferred to Memphis

11 years ago '05        #3358
Junior G 117 heat pts117
space
space
$54,655 | Props total: 8002 8002
M.G. is my nig, ya'll gettin a raw a.ss player. I'm gonna have to root for Malcolm now with you bums :yuck:

[pic - click to view]

MALCOLM GRANT TRANSFERS TO MIAMI
Apr 13, 2008 | 3:43PM | report this
According to sources, former Villanova freshman guard Malcolm Grant has decided to transfer to Miami.

The 6-foot, 185-pound Brooklyn native averaged 5.6 points in 12.7 minutes this past season. He had an up-and-down season under Jay Wright, going for 23 points against Rutgers, 22 against Pittsburgh and 18 in a win over LSU.

However, the Wildcats had three young guards - sophomore Scottie Reynolds and freshmen Corey Stokes and Corey Fisher. It would have been difficult for Grant to get consistent minutes with that trio on front of him.

Last edited by Junior G; 04-13-2008 at 07:02 PM..

11 years ago '05        #3359
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
does ne body know what happend to rakim, seems every other weekend they making a thread bout him on bxsc....did he do a if duke loses ill never return type bet?

11 years ago '04        #3360
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
anyone got that rivals article about northwestern's class of 2010?

11 years ago '04        #3361
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
April 15, 2008

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Todd Chandler
Miami Northwestern High School was kind to the University of Miami this past recruiting season, with all the top prospects the Canes targeted opting to sign with UM.

The Hurricanes are targeting another prospect from Northwestern this year – WR Tevin McCaskill – but those in the know say the next real wave of talent at the school will be for the Class of 2010, when talented running backs, defensive backs and linemen will be seniors.

And one prospect who has already caught the eye of college coaches is rising junior DT Todd Chandler.

The good news for Miami is he's a big Cane fan.

The bad news: He says UF is also going to play into his recruiting picture.

"UM is on the top of my list because they're a hard-working program, but I went to UF for a practice a few weeks ago and their coaches talked to me - it was nice there also," Chandler said. "Right now it's Miami and Florida neck and neck. I love both their programs. Both their coaches have a nice coaching style, push players to their limits."

Chandler says it will be hard to dissuade him from joining former teammate and friend Marcus Forston as a Cane.

"He taught me," Chandler said. "I never played football in middle school because I was too big. When I moved up in ninth grade he taught me how to use my aggression, my hands and strength. I did what he told me to do."

It worked out pretty well, as last year Chandler finished with 107 tackles, 16 sacks and three forced fumbles.

He'll be looking for a program that will get him ready for the next step.

"I want to go to the NFL," Chandler said. "When my football career stops, I want to be in the Hall of Fame. That's how I want my football career to stop in the NFL. So I'm looking for a college that's known for putting its players in the NFL."

Will having former teammates at Miami make a difference?

"Yeah, it makes a big difference," Chandler said, "because when you play with a guy like Marcus, it's going to be the same thing as it was at Northwestern. And if I go to Florida I saw how they break players into their program. That's why those two are my top colleges right now."

11 years ago '04        #3362
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
good lookin out, cap

11 years ago '04        #3363
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
 Deeangoe said
does ne body know what happend to rakim, seems every other weekend they making a thread bout him on bxsc....did he do a if duke loses ill never return type bet?
he's been ghost since the super bowl, his whereabouts are a mystery

11 years ago '07        #3364
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
I just saw this vid on Jakhari Gore:wow::wow:

It was just sophomore year highlights too

11 years ago '04        #3365
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
t-ward got that swag for real, if he aint scared of comp he'll stay in south florida

and gore' got orange and green in his veins:applause:

damn we went from having no running backs to having a sh*tload coming in

11 years ago '07        #3366
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Btw the whole copy of Year of The Bull is on youtube

11 years ago '05        #3367
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,115 | Props total: 730 730
shoulda done a year of the bull with last yrs team

11 years ago '06        #3368
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$248 | Props total: 1 1
I love that documentary. Not because of the Bulls. My high school APK beating Northwestern in the championship game. Brandon Merriweather was on that team. He use to k!ll me in practice.

About the U. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

10 years ago '04        #3369
madness 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
THE DRAFT: I caught up with a few agents and former Canes this week for my Sunday sidebar. From the people I spoke with in and outside the program, it sounds to me like UM will be lucky to have more than four players taken in this year's draft. That would end the streak UM has enjoyed of having at least five players taken in each draft since 2000. So, who are NFL teams looking to draft after Calais, Kenny and linebacker Tavares Gooden are gone?

UM officials are privately saying it will likely be defensive end Vegas Franklin, who at 6-3, 255, has done well enough in workouts to impress scouts. One agent told me he thought Franklin would end up being better than Campbell in the long run. I caught up with Franklin Thursday and he told me he's been working out hard on UM's campus with trainer Andrew Swasey and teammate Teraz McCray. Franklin said he flew to Houston for a private workout with the Texans earlier this month and worked out with the majority of his UM teammates at the Dolphins facility last week. "I'm hearing second day to free agent," Franklin told me when I asked him what he's heard about his draft stock. "I just want a chance to show people what I can do."

*Receiver Darnell Jenkins' agent told me regardless of what has been said or written about his clients slow times in 40-yard dash testing, he believes an NFL team will invest a Darnell_jenkinspick in UM's MVP from last season. Agent Daniel Rose told me Thursday Jenkins has been doing really well in private workouts for teams. "Swasey has clocked him at 4.26 and I know at Dolphins day he ran under a 4.4. It's just when he's been timed on bigger stages he's run slower times. The bottomline is Darnell is faster on the field than in the 40. The best way to describe his speed is that North Carolina game when he had the 97-yard touchdown. He's just a guy who is much faster in games than when there's a stopwatch."

* Mel Kiper said quarterback Kyle Wright, who quarterbacked the combine in Indianpolis, is likely headed to the free agent route but said he wouldn't be surprised if Wright is drafted late.

* Offensive lineman Derrick Morse, who returned home to workout at his high school in Bonita Springs, Fla. after UM's Pro Day in late February, told me Thursday he's been encouraged by the emails of support he's been receiving from Canes fans here in Miami. He said he won't get discouraged even if he isn't picked Sunday as Kiper expects.

"There is only 250 guys who get picked," Morse said. "And there is only a 52-man roster. I know if I don't make it, I'm just going to continue to work at my dream. I've seen lots of guys make it in other places like the CFL and the All-American football league. [Anthony Wollschlager] is still trying. He didn't make it last year, but he's still busting his butt. I've got a degree in Criminology and Liberal Arts. I want to at least try for a couple years to make it. It's the only time I'll get to do it because once your done you'll never get a chance to do it again in your life."

POSITION SWITCHES: Canesport.com and InsideTheU.com reported this week position switches for three Hurricane players following the spring. They were defensive lineman Luqman Abdullah (he was buried on the depth chart) moving to offensive line, junior Ryan Hill switching from receiver to cornerback (he was recruited as a corner) and the real eye-opener of sophomore Damien Berry getting moved from safety to running back.

In my conversations with UM officials Thursday, I was told the move to switch Damien_berryBerry was made to "create more competition in the backfield." Another UM official said, "we're loaded with safeties, but last year injuries k!lled us at running back. Coach made the move to make us more secure there. It wasn't because Damien was upset. He was asked and he accepted it."Reading between the lines, I get the sense a few things could have led to it. One, perhaps coaches were disappointed with the play of freshmen Shawnbrey McNeal and Lee Chambers -- the slotted No. 4 and No. 5 running backs. Or, the injury to No. 3 running back Derron Thomas was serious enough to get coaches worried they'd be short at running back this coming season.

Either way, Berry has plenty of experience with the football in his hands. At Glades Central, he was the team's star running back before suffering a knee injury. What I'm interested to see is how long this experiment lasts or if Berry becomes the next Cane to be lost in translation, ala Devin Hester, James Bryant and a cast of other former Canes. After all, Bryce Brown is supposed to come in '09 and Javarris James and Graig Cooper aren't going anywhere right now.
i'm glad hill's moving back to corner, he drops too many balls. and berry was a stud when he played running back in high school, the kid is an athlete and will ball out no matter what position he plays.

10 years ago '08        #3370
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,698 | Props total: 5250 5250
 P. Dedos said
gore is a lock and clements and lamb also for 2010 :wow:
Now come on now.......... Ain`t no way in hell ya`ll gone get Miller, Berry, Gore, Lamb, and maybe Ward in two years!!!!! I know them boys say they ain`t scared of comp, but still........ Oh yeah, i head ya`ll were recruiting Trabis as a corner though.........

10 years ago '08        #3371
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
Yeah.....Gore is a shoe-in to be a Cane........ But honestly......Berry >>> Miller.....In my opinion......

10 years ago '08        #3372
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
If it were me...... Miller & Berry.....I`d turn Brice into a Full-back or something....

10 years ago '04        #3373
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$18,703 | Props total: 6860 6860
 904Nole said
If it were me...... Miller & Berry.....I`d turn Brice into a Full-back or something....
f*ck that....Bryce is to good to be a FB. dude will be a star

04-22-2008, 02:16 PM         #3374
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea yall i been gone for a minute but im back for good..had to renew my subscription canesport.com...soo im back with all the info boys

Coach Randy Shannon spoke today, and he summed up his team's spring by saying, "The spring went very well for us. We were excited about how the progress of the quarterbacks came along. Those guys did a tremendous job of working a quick game, getting the ball out to the wide receivers. The biggest addition was getting eight guys in (early). Now they have the rhythm and pace of what we're trying to do in practice. It was very competitive on both sides of the football. The addition of Bill Young and Aubrey Hill were a tremendous a.sset to us."

Shannon pointed to the quarterbacks and the receivers as surprising him the most with their strides this spring.

"The quarterbacks did tremendous strides," Shannon said. "I was pleased with the way the receivers played the entire spring except maybe the spring game - there were drops - but for the most part I was impressed by the receivers and the runs after the catch."

Shannon also praised the play of Allen Bailey, who moved from linebacker to defensive end before the spring.

"We were really, really excited about the way Allen Bailey picked up," Shannon said. "He still has a couple of things to go, but as far as his first time playing defensive end, we're really excited by him. He has a lot of pass rush natural ability. He really controlled the tight end, the offensive tackle, had a good get-off chasing the football and mentality on the defensive line."

Shannon said he wouldn't be surprised if Bailey weighs 310 or 315 pounds by the fall – he weighed in at 290 this spring.

"He's an explosive, big kid," Shannon said. "I don't know if he'll ever stop (gaining) weight, get bigger."

Shannon said he thinks the eight freshmen that came in early will contribute right away.

"Those guys have brought something to the team, that mentality of competing and winning," Shannon said. "It makes you develop depth. This is the first time in a long time (we could) go first and second team, both sides of the football. That's a tremendous part of what we were trying to get done."

Shannon said he expects that some of the true freshmen yet to arrive could also help out right away. In particular he mentioned the skill players as possibly playing.

Shannon also addressed several players that have changed positions.

"We moved (Luqman) Abdallah from defensive line to offensive line, don't know his position yet - either guard or tackle," Shannon said. "We moved Ryan Hill to defensive back - Ryan has done a great job at receiver for us, but we need more out of him. His natural position is defensive back. He gives us more depth at the safety position. Damien Berry is doing a great job at nickel, but we need more depth at running back. Last year we play Boston College at the end of the season and have no (running backs). I'm always concerned about that. At that nickel position we have guys, and I think this gives Damien a chance to come in and compete, do situational things, great things at running back. And Eric Houston we moved to fullback (from linebacker)."

Shannon addressed rumors about DE Adewale Ojomo being suspended.

"No, I don't know who told you that," Shannon said. "That's not true."

Shannon hopes for a big turnaround from last year.

"Nobody in the program wants to go 5-7," he said. "We're recruiting players from wining teams who win championships. You're going to develop that winning attitude by recruiting that type of guy. That sense of urgency will come back."

Shannon also spoke about his planned tour of the Middle East next month. His daughter returned two weeks ago from service in the Middle East and is now living in San Diego.

"President Shalala had received an email from somebody in the military and asked would they get in contact with me," he said. "I thought it would be something great because you could support the people protecting the United States, f!ghting for freedom, democracy. It's an opportunity to go over there and talk with the guys, let them know we're supporting them and keep doing your job the best you can."

04-22-2008, 02:16 PM         #3375
CANEBOI11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Garland (TX) South Garland High School OL Jeramie Roberts says he expects a solid Hurricane offer in the near future.

"Their coaches talked with our coaches, and my coach told me they want to offer," the 6-foot-4, 305-pounder said. "I've gotten letters from the whole (Miami) coaching staff. They just say come to the U, we need you to come to Miami. It's just got a big `U' on it."

Roberts has also spoken with line coach Jeff Stoutland.

"He says `We'll be following you,' said he's going to try and come out and see me, and within the next month or so I'm going to try to go out there to Miami."

Roberts says he's already visited five other college campuses.

"I've gone to other ones for junior days," he said.

Roberts says he's interested in Miami but that "I have to find out more about them academically."

He adds, "Their program is one of the best to go to the next level pro-wise."

Roberts plays guard in high school and says he may move to center this season.

So far he lists two solid offers: Kansas and Baylor.

His favorites?

"At my top is Miami, Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma," Roberts said.

And he says Miami and Baylor are his top two.

"Those are the main colleges I've looked at so far," he says.

Baylor is under a two hour drive from his house, and Roberts says "Distance may be a factor, but it doesn't really matter how far - it's the school I'm going to fit best at."

Roberts had initially planned to make a commitment in August, but now he says he's thinking about waiting longer to make up his mind.

"Miami has a good chance," he said. "I haven't been down there to see their facilities yet. I'll do that before I make any decisions, see what kind of coaching staff they have before I make any decision."

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside OK So You All Asked Me For A Proof Pic
232 comments
5 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lawd! Dave Chapelle describes Kanye's 'Manic Episode' at the White House
26 comments
4 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Brittany Renner Is About To Expose Your Favorite Rapper
97 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside "If Your 30 Years Old & Slept With Only 25 Women Your a Beta Male."
226 comments
7 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Billy and 6ix9ine officially beefing
12 comments
2 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Ashanti Concert Canceled After Selling Only 24 Tickets
106 comments
7 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
My nigga I’m dying 🤣
9 comments
2 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Samsung may have just killed the game... Zero bezels on deck!
5 comments
2 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
The fastest way for Disney to recoup the billions they spent on Fox
16 comments
4 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Not Even Trying Bruh
36 comments
7 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cardi B Needs Help With Post-Baby Body
18 comments
4 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DJ / Officer VLAD proves that he is an informant that works with the Police
25 comments
5 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Article inside sher "Bad Girl" Songwriter Awarded $44 Million In Lawsui
5 comments
21 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Rae Curruth Free Monday
21 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Cuban doll splits open another female rapper stomach
9 comments
3 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 Famous Dex picking up minors?
3 comments
22 minutes ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Oct 20 - BREAKING: Trump says US will withdraw from nuclear arms treaty with R..
34 comments
4 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA KEVIN KNOW has to be CARRIED TO LOCKER ROOM after INJURING HIS ANKLE :mjda..
10 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship 3
24 comments
2 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Stic Man of Dead Prez Gives His Opinion on Kanye & Trump
8 comments
22 minutes ago
@hiphop
Top 10 most propped recently
Last few hours...
Flippa Huxtable
Blaffy
Lonny Breaux
Deuterion
Papi
tokinjohn
FrescoB
dominicanlipz
Mikkelangelo
Cartel-Clipz
Top 10 most slapped recently
suavehooper
Blaffy
danneywilliams
TommyD
Sandyy
BlackDynamite
GoldBluded
two-face
dominicanlipz
micropave

most viewed right now
online now  34
Image(s) inside 💥👀👉Say Something !!! 🍑🍒㈇..
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  27
Oct 19 - the spectrum cable cartel raping its victims for even more money
71 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
PART 2. BX have you ever smashed a famous or well known broad before?
277 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside Steve Harvey Just said the realest sh-t ever!
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  11
Netflix Pulls The Plug On ‘Luke Cage’, No Season 3 For Marvel’s Harlem Hero
243 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Consummate professional. A true pillar to her craft.
33 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside One of the best films of that last ten years nobody cares about
107 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  8
New details about the Drake & Kendrick Lamar beef surface