Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Mulann Milla: I Knocked Young MA Out When We Fought! (Young MA Is Fakin..
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Zombie Pr0stitute & 10 Others Arrested for Pr0stitution (Myrtle Be..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA This Nigga still can't produce a Son
82 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Biggest Disappointment So Far in the East?
60 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-15-2007, 12:23 PM         #2681
Mr. 2-85 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 madness said:
the fu*k is up with baby j? he doesnt look like he's running as hard as he was last year. he better quit loafing, shawnbrey mcneal looks like he's gonna be special.
yea really, didn't know he was from the longhorn state either, i see texas let him slip through their hands...even though he leads us in rushing, craig cooper tip toes so fu*king much its pathetic...sometimes i be wonderin who the hell hes really tryna be and jarvis james isn't really patient, he tries to get yards that aren't there for him
 9 years ago '07        #2682
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
Mcneal does look like hes gonna be special and cooper needs to buff up and learn how to not always sidestep in the hole.
 9 years ago '04        #2683
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
Apparently this Frankie Hammond kid that everybody though would be a Cane just verballed for UF. I saw his video and he looked damn good and fast as hell. Any of y'all know anything about him?
 9 years ago '06        #2684
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,683 | Props total: 12219 12219
dont really care much for him ( even before meyer offered him and was leaning to us )

just please dont take bunchannon from and us and dont offer benjamin

im happy with out recruiting class at WR as it is, if we finish off getting benjamin and streeter, well have the best WR class in the country :wow:

but i dont know how much more losses we can take before they bounce
 9 years ago '07        #2685
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
dont really care much for him ( even before meyer offered him and was leaning to us )

just please dont take bunchannon from and us and dont offer benjamin

im happy with out recruiting class at WR as it is, if we finish off getting benjamin and streeter, well have the best WR class in the country :wow:

but i dont know how much more losses we can take before they bounce

IDK, but sometimes it attracts the recruits cus they believe they can get early playing time when they see scrubs like kyle wright and lance leggett out there....and it helps that Shannon isn't afraid to play the young gunz
 9 years ago '04        #2686
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM's Marve expects big things in '08
Freshman quarterback Robert Marve, almost fully recovered from a scary car accident this summer, will be redshirted this year but is ready to 'command the troops' next year.
Posted on Tue, Oct. 16, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By MANNY NAVARRO

WALTER MICHOT/MIAMI HERALD STAFF
UM's Robert Marve, right, and Jermaine McKenzie discuss their automobile accident during Media Day in August. Marve said he's almost 100 percent recovered.
Audio | UM quarterback Robert Marve
University of Miami fans hoping to see quarterback Robert Marve under center this season will have to wait until next year. Coach Randy Shannon said Tuesday he's redshirting Florida's Mr. Football.

But when Canes fans finally do get to see the 6-1, 195-pound freshman from Tampa, Marve said they'll see a fully healed and tireless worker who knows the playbook and is ready ``to command the troops.''

''I'm feeling really good right now, physically,'' said Marve, who met with the media for the first time since fall practice began and showed reporters the scars he sustained on his left wrist and nonthrowing hand from the rollover car accident he was involved in this summer.

``Being able to go out and practice has helped me mentally. I'm just trying to keep my arm strong, throw routes to receivers. So, I throw 10 or 15 deep balls a day. I work on my footwork some days, run through the plays by myself. I feel good about everything.''

Marve, who said he still experiences slight pain from nerve damage in his left hand, expects to be 100 percent healthy by the spring. By then, he could be in the middle of a tight race for the starting quarterback job with current backup Kirby Freeman and two current Hurricane commitments -- Miami Northwestern High's Jacory Harris and Texas native Tyler Cook, who are both trying to enroll at UM by January.

Right now, though, Marve is trying to heal. He has regained 12 of the 14 pounds he lost after the accident and said he began running Miami's scout team the week before the Texas A&M game Sept. 20.

Marve said he accidentally re-opened his ''open wound'' taking snaps a couple of weeks later and had to have stitches put in and now wears a glove during practice to protect his injured hand. And although some days Marve says he can't grip the ball, Marve said his hand is starting to feel better.

''He throws it very well,'' UM cornerback Chavez Grant said of Marve. ``He drops back and he's looking around and scrambling and everything. He's very accurate -- I believe he's deadly accurate. He has a quick release. Once you're watching film, you can see it. I think, he'll be great.''

As for the playbook, Marve said he's picking it up little by little.

''I've definitely been looking at the basics of the playbook, trying to know a couple basic things first before I start getting into something bigger,'' he said. ``I feel good about where I'm at now in the playbook. There's a lot to it, the audibles, there's a lot of things that go into it. It's going to take time.''

As for his relationship with his future competition, Marve said he and Freeman are ''good friends'' and that he and Harris, whom he knows well, also are friends.

''We all want Miami to succeed,'' Marve said. ``That's the ultimate goal -- to win.''
 9 years ago '04        #2687
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Don't forget about Taylor Cook

> Posted by Shandel_Richardson at 3:22:48 PM
I've noticed most of the fans only talk about next season's quarterback competition being between Kirby Freeman, Jacory Harris and Robert Marve. Well, Taylor Cook of Altair Rice (Texas) High would beg to differ. He seems to be the forgotten man, but is ready to become a household name once he arrives on campus. Caught up with him Tuesday before he headed to practice and here's a quick Q & A:

SR: How are things going so far this season?

TC: We're 6-0 right now. I think we do have a chance to make a good run at it (a state championship). We play in Class 2A, but our district is pretty tough.

SR: Has anything changed since you committed to Miami?

TC: There's more attention me, I guess. More people know about me.

SR: What was the biggest reason for choosing Miami?

TC: I went there at the beginning of the summer. Talked to the coaches. I just had a chance to come in and compete for the starting job. That really sold it.

SR: And how do you feel about those chances of starting?

TC: Well, they're going to have Kirby Freeman there being a senior and Robert Marve for sure. Jacory (Harris) and I will be true freshmen, but I feel I have a good shot. I'm very competitive and I'm ready to get there and compete.

SR: How much does it help that you're 6-foot-7?

TC: It's a lot easier to see things. I don't have to look over anybody. I can see a lot easier than a lot of other (quarterbacks).

SR: Why has your coach allowed you to run so much more this season?

TC: I have been running a little more this season. I guess I got a little bit faster. It'll spread teams out and they'll have to respect me running the ball.

SR: Do you feel you'll be the odd man out in the quarterback competition when you get here?

TC: Not really. I don't let it get to me. It doesn't bother me.

SR: Any recruiting visits coming up?

TC: No more visits. I feel that Miami is the place for me. I'm not really looking at anybody else anymore. I'm going to take my official visit (to Miami) after our football season.
 9 years ago '06        #2688
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
harris finally getting the respect he deserves 4 star

davon johnson too
 9 years ago '04        #2689
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
UM's McNeal is tuned for speed

Two-time 100-meter Texas state champion Shawnbrey McNeal might be the fastest football player the Hurricanes have on the field.

It was Shawnbrey McNeal's hurdle over a pile of defenders that first drew the attention of 52,000 fans in the Orange Bowl last Saturday.

Then, it was the lightning separation from three Georgia Tech defenders -- a Devin Hester-like separation -- that sprung them to their feet and drew their awe. As the University of Miami true freshman sprinted 39 yards to his first collegiate touchdown, fans likely sensed this Hurricane could make a difference.

''As a high school freshman, he jumped 22 feet in the long jump,'' Dallas Madison High track coach Randall Johnson said. ``But when I found out how fast he was, I never had him jump again.''

At a time when nothing seems right in UM's football kingdom, two-time 100-meter Texas state champion McNeal gives fans something to be hopeful about. Expect to see a lot more of him Saturday at Florida State.

''Exceptional'' is how Johnson, also Madison High's offensive coordinator, described his state champ and two-time All-State tailback.

''Electrifying'' is how UM quarterback Kyle Wright described him.

''The guy has afterburners,'' guard Derrick Morse said. ``It's a nice thing to see someone turn on the jets and get away from everybody.''

McNeal, whose first name is pronounced with the accent on the last syllable -- ''ShawnBRAY'' -- turned 19 on Wednesday. He is believed to be possibly the fastest Hurricane. But because there was a delay in his getting admitted through the NCAA Clearinghouse, he didn't get a chance to compare his 40-yard time against wide receiver Sam Shields' team best of 4.26 seconds.

''He starts off real good, but then he explodes and kicks into another gear,'' Madison head coach Ronald Johnson said. ``When he was here, he consistently ran 4.25 or 4.26.''

Said Shields: ``He's fast. But I have confidence I'm the fastest.''

McNeal will continue his track career at UM this spring. He won the Class 3A Texas 100-meter title in 10.5 as a Madison sophomore and in 10.48 as a junior -- right around his average of 10.4 yards per carry last season (139 rushes for 1,441 yards and 20 TDs). He was the 100-meter runner-up in May and twice anchored the champion 400-meter relay winners.

[pic - click to view]

SIZE NOT A MATTER

He is short, admittedly 5-9 instead of the 5-11 listed on the roster, and a thick 190 pounds. His muscular calves and ankles lead to size 13 feet.

''His lower body is extremely strong, and his big feet just don't go with his body,'' Randall Johnson said. ``You won't get him down unless you completely wrap him up.''

Said McNeal: ``Me being the size I am, you really don't want to be getting pounded by 250-pound guys every play, so if you have a little speed to get around them and give a move and get them off you, the flow of the game gets a little [better].''

McNeal has carried the ball in only three games this season for a 5.1-yard-per-carry average. He ran twice for 20 yards against Florida International, seven times for 17 yards against Texas A&M (the school to which he committed before UM offered him a scholarship) and eight times last Saturday for 48 yards and the score.

McNeal also handles kickoffs, returning six for 109 yards (18.2-yard average).

UM coach Randy Shannon said after Georgia Tech that sophomore Javarris James, whose production has been down because of a sore neck, and freshman Graig Cooper still will get most of the carries, with McNeal ``giving you that eight-to-10 carries a game -- a change of pace guy.''

Clint Hurtt, the UM a.ssistant who recruited McNeal, said he initially was skeptical when he saw his size. Then he slipped in the game tape.

``We watched it as a staff and he reminded us of Frank Gore. It was incredible. He had Frankie's vision to get through holes, but his separation was ridiculous.''

After his touchdown, the exuberant freshman chest-butted anyone he could find.

''I'm always the person on the team that when something good happens, I tend to let all the emotions go through me,'' he said. ``It [felt] like when you're in church and you get anointed.''

McNEAL'S NO. 1 FAN

His mother, Mattie McNeal, is ecstatic about Shawnbrey's achievements. She raised him and his three older siblings, and lives in the projects of East Dallas. She has diabetes and heart disease and has never left Texas.

''There goes my baby!'' Mattie McNeal said she screamed when she watched Shawnbrey score during the ESPN telecast. ``We have struggled so long for him to accomplish what he has -- from being in the ghetto to being at the University of Miami. I wasn't able to pay the money for him to go to college, but his talent got him there. He's my [youngest] one, and with the Lord's help he can accomplish anything.''

my n*gga finna do big things, watch
 9 years ago '05        #2690
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,687 | Props total: 3795 3795
I just saw Lance Leggett is out for the game
 9 years ago '04        #2691
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,797 | Props total: 1400 1400
Baby J has had a neck injury since the duke game.

i mean you can look at him run recently and you can tell its not the same. he's not running with authority like he usually does.

-McNeal is gonna be good. Coop is good he just needs more muscle.

- it doesnt matter if leggett plays or not he's a non-factor.

im worried about our Front 7 on D...sh*t is paper thin
 9 years ago '07        #2692
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
man, cant wait to see a harris/marve, cooper/mcneal/, a.johnson/davon johnson
trio in 3 years....
 9 years ago '05        #2693
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
Ya'll Boys Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooooooooooo
 9 years ago '07        #2694
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
 CO Butta said:
Ya'll Boys Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooooooooooooo
hey, lets agree whoever wins still aint doin sh*t this season:D but lets look forward to bright futures
 9 years ago '07        #2695
Kinglew88 13 heat pts13
space
space
$13,226 | Props total: 466 466
man i cant wait till this game. i also cant wait to see what marve will do because we need a qb badly! kyle and kirby are straight trash!
 9 years ago '06        #2696
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 C.R.I.P. said:

im worried about our Front 7 on D...sh*t is paper thin
shyt im worried about our secondary too
 9 years ago '05        #2697
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
i feel ya...but theres somethin about beating miami and or florida...that makes or break our season
 9 years ago '05        #2698
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
im worried about our o-line....sh*t is prob gonna be 3-0 or 7-3 or somethin
 10-20-2007, 10:51 PM         #2699
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know McNeal fumbled but we gotta keep giving him the ball and not fu*k up his confidence at this point. And James/McNeal/Cooper tandem is unreal. Don't sleep on Lee Chambers guy is unreal with his speed, I guess they don't want to many backs.

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 10-20-2007 at 11:12 PM..
 9 years ago '06        #2700
Xaiv 134 heat pts134
space
space
$3,922 | Props total: 1109 1109
congrats to you guys. But I have a question wtf happened to your DL???? FSU hadn't been able to run on anyone until we played guys. But whatever it was entertaining game. Think we all agree when these two teams are on there is no better more quality game to watch. Hopefully next years game will have some high stakes again
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
162 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Guy Tricked By Tr@nny - Cringe Video
230 comments
24 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
158 comments
24 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Adult Entertainer That Sold Out Her Race
93 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
108 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Keep it 100: Would you jump in this 3some
67 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Trevor Noah Spittin Real on The Breakfast Club
71 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside YouTube superstar PewDiePie vows to DELETE his channel once he hits 50m..
60 comments
23 hours ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy