Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2601
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
i actually think Nix called a good game...good enough that it got us 400 yards of offense...again.

we just have to execute better and finish.
 9 years ago '07        #2602
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
we need a new qb...hope jacoby harris is the second coming
 9 years ago '06        #2603
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,667 | Props total: 12179 12179
:banghead:
 9 years ago '05        #2604
booker20 
space
space
$10,295 | Props total: 0 0
I wanted a ranked matchup... we have to unite to f!ght off the evil gators
 9 years ago '04        #2605
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
can still compete for the ACC title....it's a must that we beat Gtech tho
 10-08-2007, 10:19 AM         #2606
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
What pisses me off is Wright threw 4 picks and if Nix knew how to fu*king call a game and Shannon knew how to use his touchdowns we would have won. The game will go down as Wright lost it (Which he deserves those throws were horrendous) but it should go down as terribly coached game as well.
Im with you Rakim.. But just because Nix calls a pass play in the red zone, that does not mean that the QB has to throw into double coverage.. If there is nothing there, a decent QB throws it away..
 9 years ago '05        #2607
booker20 
space
space
they are beatable... stop that running game and get something goin on offense... We got wake this saturday and pay back is a bi*ch for what they did last year..
 9 years ago '06        #2608
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
they dont sell hurricane tickets @ ticketmaster

where can i cop tickets @, only at the OB?

EDIT: nevermind found it

Last edited by DEDOS; 10-09-2007 at 11:56 AM..
 9 years ago '05        #2609
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
 P. Dedos said:
they dont sell hurricane tickets @ ticketmaster

where can i cop tickets @, only at the OB?

EDIT: nevermind found it
^^^^^ u loooking for tickets to the gatech game....im not in the mood to go to a noon game
 9 years ago '06        #2610
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
^^^^^ u loooking for tickets to the gatech game....im not in the mood to go to a noon game
check ya pm b

Last edited by DEDOS; 10-09-2007 at 01:18 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #2611
booker20 
space
space
they overrating the hell out of the talent from PA and NJ....even Cali players is overrated this year, besides Darrell Scott he a beast...
FL talent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other state.....
 9 years ago '05        #2612
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
interesting outlook on cokers 2004 class
 9 years ago '04        #2613
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM FOOTBALL
Shannon tells Canes to `believe'
Going into Saturday's game against Georgia Tech, coach Randy Shannon refuses to accept a halfhearted effort from his players.
Posted on Wed, Oct. 10, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

JARED LAZARUS / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
'It's not acceptable to lose at the University of Miami!' Randy Shannon told his players Tuesday.After a disheartening loss Saturday at North Carolina, University of Miami coach Randy Shannon had seen enough to be crazed.

But when Shannon noticed players loafing between drills Tuesday, the enraged coach lit into the team. As reporters stood at least 30 yards away -- far enough not to hear most of the specifics -- Shannon screamed for at least five minutes after practice.

''It's not acceptable to lose at the University of Miami!'' he said during an expletive-filled rant. Another audible phrase: ``. . . from the first play to the last play!''

Then, Shannon seemed to point his finger menacingly to different players, and finally to guard Derrick Morse.

''Here's a real Hurricane!'' Shannon screamed to the others. ``D-Mo!''

When Shannon finally disbanded his players after extra sprints, he ran to reporters. This time, he was smiling.

The Hurricanes (4-2, 1-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) collapsed almost immediately in allowing 27 points in the first half at UNC, so Shannon's theme of the day was getting his Canes to believe. It also was getting them to start fast and stay fast.

When the Hurricanes play host to Georgia Tech (3-3, 1-3) on Saturday, it all will be a challenge, as Tech leads the nation in tackles for loss, is second in sacks, sixth in rushing defense and 11th in turnover margin.

''We had to get their blood going, and we're going to try every day to get those guys motivated to start fast from the beginning [and continue] to the end,'' Shannon said. ``Whatever it takes us to do, we're going to get it done.''

Earlier in the day, Shannon spoke in depth about players having to learn to trust their coaches. But by Tuesday evening he decided a more accurate word was ``believe.''

'It's not trust, the word is `believe'. They've got to believe us and believe we'll do what we need to get done. I thought about that all day. Believe in everything about Miami -- the coaches, what we say.

'If we say, `You need to start fast,' start fast. If we say, 'We need to protect the football,' protect the football. Don't just say, well, 'OK, we're going to go through the motions.' We're not going to accept that.''

Wright, who agreed his four interceptions Saturday were unacceptable, was asked his thoughts on a remedy for recent lackluster efforts.

MOTIVATION

''The only way Coach Shannon knows how to do it is to come out here and push us and make us practice at another level,'' Wright said. ``Guys got caught for loafing today and we started out practice by running sprints. If you're not running to and from drills, that's lackadaisical. . . . Every time that happens, we had to get on the line and run.''

Wright said they were warned about playing hard from beginning to end, and what can happen if players turn it on and off.

'One thing the coaches said: `You can't underestimate someone's heart,' '' Wright said. ``Everyone is turning it up a notch, I'll just say that.''

Morse, who practiced despite a stomach virus that, according to receiver Darnell Jenkins, caused the lineman to lose 20 pounds in the past few days, ''lays it on the line for everybody, no matter what it is,'' Shannon said. ``Broken leg, broken arm, concussion, he's going to line up and play . . . full speed. And that's Hurricane football -- bottom line.''

Said Morse, somewhat embarrassed: ``It's just accountability. He was just singling me out because I was probably the first guy he saw.''

Kenny Phillips, a soft-spoken junior safety who usually doesn't give speeches, addressed the Canes during halftime at North Carolina and at a Sunday meeting.

He said he told them not to worry about making mistakes. ``Just go out and play full speed. It's not on the coaches and the play-calling and schemes, it's us with our tackling and hustling. That's all us.

``They need a guy to get them going sometimes, to look up to. Everyone is not self-motivated. If I say something, they know it's from the heart.''

COMMON GOAL

Senior linebacker Tavares Gooden said he's not real vocal from a pep-talk standpoint, but he tries to get the team ''pumped up'' through his play. ''Of course I believe,'' he said. ``That's why I came here. I came here to win. Everybody came here to win.

``If you're top-notch players, you've got to play to your potential. That's what people aren't doing here. You just have to play like you were in high school. That's why you got recruited here.''

Added sophomore left tackle Jason Fox: ``Coach Shannon speaks the truth. As long as we get back to what he's telling us, he's going to lead us in the right direction.''
 9 years ago '04        #2614
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
interesting outlook on cokers 2004 class
good article
 9 years ago '04        #2615
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Many questions for UM
Posted on Wed, Oct. 10, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By BARRY JACKSON

Halfway through this UM season, so many questions remain. Among them:

• Can Kyle Wright put a positive punctuation on a disappointing career? Although he's third in UM completion percentage (behind Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde), his eight interceptions in 115 passes top his seven in 250 last season. And, he's far more error-prone than as a sophomore, when he had 18 touchdowns, 10 interceptions.

''He's getting caught staring down his receivers again,'' ex-Canes quarterback Steve Walsh said. ``Linebackers and safeties can read his eyes.''

• Will Graig Cooper (averaging 5.7 yards a rush) get more carries at the expense of Javarris James (averaging 4.0)? No, running backs coach Tommie Robinson said. Robinson -- who decides which back will play, according to Cooper -- said James will remain the starter and praised his blocking. Robinson said he will continue alternating the backs every series or two to keep them in rhythm.

• Will a clear-cut No. 1 receiver step forward? Randy Shannon insisted there is no need for one per se, but Walsh said, ''It's been another frustrating season not watching someone emerge as a go-to receiver. If you make a case for anyone, it's Darnell Jenkins.'' But Jenkins (team-leading 18 catches, 360 yards) is a backup on this week's depth chart, with Sam Shields and Lance Leggett as starters.

• Can anyone on the roster continue the legacy of elite UM tight ends? Doesn't seem so. DajLeon Farr -- who some thought was best-suited to succeed Greg Olsen -- was dropped to No. 3 on the depth chart Tuesday, behind Chris Zellner (who has started five games) and Richard Gordon. Shannon made clear he expects more from Farr.

• With run-stopping defensive tackle Antonio Dixon (knee) out at least four weeks, who steps in? Josh Holmes -- ''he's done a great job,'' Shannon said -- will make his first start Saturday vs. Georgia Tech.

• Will linebacking play improve? Shannon took steps Tuesday, demoting Spencer Adkins and moving Darryl Sharpton to the first team.

• Is there a legitimate No. 1 cornerback? Coaches considered Bruce Johnson the team's best cover corner, but he lost his starting job for the North Carolina game. And UM will have at least one new starting cornerback for the fifth consecutive game. Shannon said two starters will be chosen from among Johnson, DeMarcus VanDyke and Glenn Sharpe, and that Carlos Armour -- who started Saturday and struggled tackling -- will be ``the fourth guy automatically.''

• Will the inconsistent special teams improve? Shannon spoke of an open competition this week for the kicker job, but special teams coach Joe Pannunzio said he's inclined to stick at least another week with senior Francesco Zampogna (who's 9 for 14 on field-goal tries and missed a 32-yarder -- plus an extra-point attempt -- on Saturday) and erratic Matt Bosher at punter. Shannon said finding a kicker for '08 and beyond is a ``priority.''
 9 years ago '06        #2616
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
good looks fam
 9 years ago '04        #2617
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
urban meyer is in town recruiting, he was at the ely game keeping a close eye on patrick johnson
 10-12-2007, 12:01 AM         #2618
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have nothing good to say and I don't want to keep playing the same old song so I aint been posting. But Hurricane Ra is down for life everyone knows that
 9 years ago '04        #2619
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
I have nothing good to say and I don't want to keep playing the same old song so I aint been posting. But Hurricane Ra is down for life everyone knows that
u already know
 9 years ago '04        #2620
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Its a rough year to be a miami fan. Hurricanes not great, Dolphins garbage and im under 500 in my fantasy league. Hopefully the Heat do something
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago