Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
28 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Derrick Rose high as sh-t
19 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2441
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,789 | Props total: 1391 1391
Will it Come down to the hat trick for Patrick Johnson

Pompano Beach Ely High School DB Patrick Johnson took an official visit to Florida this past weekend.

His father, Patrick Sr., says his son remains a Hurricane commitment.

"Probably just Miami will be his only other visit, but he might also visit LSU or USC," Patrick Sr. said. "He's still a Miami commitment. He just wants to get out and see different things."

Dad says his son is an "80 percent" done deal for the Canes right now.

And he says his son is "leaning toward" making a public decision on national television during the Army All-American Bowl.

"He's going to have hats in front of him – will probably fully commit then," Patrick Sr. said. "We're trying to decide if he'll do it that way. He's probably going to fully commit then. If it's Miami he'll just say it twice, nothing wrong with saying it twice, picking up a UM hat and showing the world."

Dad said the UF visit impressed them.

"The neatest thing was the team walk when they first get off the bus and walked into the stadium," he said. "That was cool. And the fans, the way the place is is very impressive."

Patrick Sr. says he's leaving a final decision in the hands of his son.

"He likes it at Miami," dad said. "It's his decision. I'm just trying to back him up. I want him to make the right decision. Right now he just wants to get out there and see different things.
 9 years ago '04        #2442
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
With Time to think, WR solidifies Commitment

Miami Booker T Washington High School Davon Johnson has had a couple of days to mull things over since returning from an official visit to Florida.

While he says "I was swayed" during the time in Gainesville, he says "I'm still a Hurricane as of now. I'm a commitment. I'm still a strong commitment."

At the same time he says "It's still early in the process."

And he says he plans to take an official visit to the University of South Florida Jan. 19.

"I just like that it's an upcoming school, the offensive scheme they're running," he said.

Johnson says an overriding concern he has is UM's passing offense.

"I've been concerned about the offense because, as a receiver I want the ball in my hands," he said. "I talked to coach (Marques) Mosely last night. He said they have a lot of spreads, that they have to have enough receivers to do what they want to do.

"He was telling me to keep my head focused, know who you're going to play with this year, the class they're bringing in, not to worry about the offense, that they have enough receivers to spread it out."

So what are the chances Johnson signs with the Canes in February?

"It's an 80 percent chance right now," Johnson said.
 9 years ago '04        #2443
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Canes Getting Healthy, Coach Returns to Team

UM head coach Randy Shannon said today linebacker Darryl Sharpton and defensive tackles Dwayne Hendricks, Teraz McCray and Antonio Dixon are expected to play against the Aggies on Thursday night. All either missed or were limited in the last game.

"We got all those guys back," Shannon said.

Someone else that's back: Running backs coach Tommie Robinson.

He left the team the week before the FIU game – his father was dying, and when he found out he says Shannon gave him immediate permission to leave the team.

Robinson got to his father, who died the next day.

"It was tough, real tough," said Robinson, who returned to UM yesterday.

Robinson had never missed a game before.

"First time in my life," he said. "I've been coaching ball over 20 years, never missed a game. I didn't even get a chance to watch the FIU game - it was ESPNU and my parents don't have that service. I was on my little phone, on the Internet with play by play. They would say, `Kyle Wright incomplete.' They wouldn't say, `Jerrell Mabry missed the ball.' I didn't know what was going on.

"I tell you what surprised me – I didn't know Shawnbrey (McNeal) was going to play. When I looked at my phone it said Shawnbrey carried the ball. I was like, `Wow, what are they doing?' I was really happy to see he carried the ball, he and Lee Chambers. Lee got a kickoff return. It was a little different for me missing games, missing practice and being around here. But that's part of life. It's something we all have to do. I really missed it. I'm just happy to be back."

* Shannon says he isn't talking to any potential transfers. He says they have to get a release before he'll talk to them.

With rumors swirling around Deonte Thompson possibly transferring - despite some media outlets that have debunked the possibility - Shannon was asked if he would accept any transfers.

"It depends who it is," Shannon said. "I don't worry about things like that right now."

* Shannon said there is no update on Robert Marve, who is working the scout team and taking snaps with a soft cast on his left wrist with a glove over that, or on Jermaine McKenzie, who is not yet cleared to wear a helmet and practice (he is recovering from a neck injury).

* LB Glenn Cook is out of a protective boot, but there is no word on when he might return to practice.

* Patrick Nix's wife is expecting their fourth child - the due date is tomorrow.
 9 years ago '04        #2444
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Canes High on 4 Star DB's List

Waco (TX) High School safety Victor Johnson is busy concentrating on his senior season.

So his coach, Johnny Tusa, has asked that he not do media interviews.

But Tusa does say the Canes are among the frontrunners for the talented 6-foot-1, 170-pounder.

"He likes Miami, he likes Oklahoma State and he likes Texas A&M - those three for sure," Tusa said. "Miami, he's said that it's intriguing to him."

The Hurricanes have offered Johnson a scholarship, and defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff is recruiting him.

"Coach McGriff was at Baylor, so there's that connection there," Tusa said.

Johnson hasn't set up any official visits yet, according to Tusa.

And that's the way Tusa likes it.

He doesn't like his players making early commitments.

"We're very much opposed to early commitments because that harms us," Tusa said. "If you knew you weren't going to work your job, that you already had another job two or three months down the road, sometimes you'll be looking too futuristically. And let's say you have a little injury, you're not going to want to risk that. We've seen that work against us."

Tusa knows whatever program lands Johnson will have a tremendous prospect.

"He's just an energetic, talented young man that enjoys playing the game and plays it at a rapid pace," Tusa said. "He has the motor of a kid that played for us, plays for the Chiefs, (linebacker) Derrick Johnson."

A good example came this past week: "He came in on a punt and knocked the personal protector back to the punter," Tusa said. "The next time the personal protector kind of dodged him. There's incident after incident. One thing about an outstanding player – what is extraordinary becomes ordinary. You almost take that for granted.

"He'll always `Oh, wow' you. And especially on special teams because he's a very unselfish person that excels not only at safety, but trying to block punts and running back kicks."

Academics could factor in for Johnson, as he is likely to be a borderline qualifier.

"To his credit he is trying to focus really hard on his academics," Tusa said.
 9 years ago '06        #2445
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,579 | Props total: 11962 11962
good looks famo

we need to win some damn games and it will be the icing on the cake for these recruits
 9 years ago '05        #2446
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
ne one got a espn360 pass theyd kindly let me borrow....espn fixed the loopwhole i had to access 360 from work...otherwise ima be missing toms game cuz i got work :banghead::banghead:
 9 years ago '04        #2447
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,025 | Props total: 2224 2224
Man that would be dope as fu*k if Florida can steal Patrick Johnson, it would obviously be the wiser decision for him to go to UF.
 9 years ago '06        #2448
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
big game in the OB folks!!!

and whats the deal with glen cook i thought his injury was 3 games

:banghead:
 09-20-2007, 06:58 AM         #2449
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Last I heard Cook was still in a cast...

Can we get those Rivals Articles for today?
 9 years ago '04        #2450
1000bluntz 
space
space
Most exciting thing about y'all game against A & M tonight is Will Hill announcing his commitment to UF during halftime
 9 years ago '04        #2451
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
@urban cryer using his dirty tricks to sway our commits away.
too bad, patrick johnson and brandon harris aint goin nowhere
 9 years ago '06        #2452
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
dont do it PJ

:hang:
 9 years ago '04        #2453
1000bluntz 
space
space
Guess Hill's announcing at 6:30 on ESPNU now. There's a great chance the Gators could sway PJ or land Harris when alls said and done.
 9 years ago '04        #2454
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 1000bluntz said:
Guess Hill's announcing at 6:30 on ESPNU now. There's a great chance the Gators could sway PJ or land Harris when alls said and done.
yall gators trip me out.
 9 years ago '05        #2455
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
ne one have a @att.net email so i can watch the game on espn360

im desperate
 9 years ago '04        #2456
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Deeangoe said:
ne one have a @att.net email so i can watch the game on espn360

im desperate
i think the games on regular ESPN, isnt it?
 9 years ago '05        #2457
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
yes but im also stuck at f*g**t work ^^
 9 years ago '04        #2458
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
good win for us.

we're not in the top 5 teams, as per OU.

but we're definitely a nice top 25 team
 9 years ago '05        #2459
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
Damn i only got to see the 4th qtr cause i came home late. But i saw it was 31-3 and was suprised. Looks like KW had a good game too so thats good.
 9 years ago '05        #2460
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,950 | Props total: 5 5
Woooo! We whooped an a.ss. Whole game was good. Cooper is really coming out man. He is one fast kid. Our defense was so nice tonight too. Even Kyle Wright looked good and so did our receiving core, finally. I liked the use of tight ends too, we need more of that. Great game. I think this may get us ranked.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Best Twerking Vines
31 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
162 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
360 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside J Cole 4 Your Eyez Only Documentary! Drake Stans Come See a TRUE Hip Ho..
36 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Soulja Boy caught Pump faking he in Singapore but really in a ratcher ..
57 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
156 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 2 - Man who gunned down ex-NFL player in road rage case released wi..
142 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy