Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #2421
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
they overrating the hell out of the talent from PA and NJ....even Cali players is overrated this year, besides Darrell Scott he a beast...
FL talent>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other state.....
 10 years ago '05        #2422
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,051 | Props total: 645 645
interesting outlook on cokers 2004 class
 10 years ago '04        #2423
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM FOOTBALL
Shannon tells Canes to `believe'
Going into Saturday's game against Georgia Tech, coach Randy Shannon refuses to accept a halfhearted effort from his players.
Posted on Wed, Oct. 10, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

JARED LAZARUS / MIAMI HERALD STAFF
'It's not acceptable to lose at the University of Miami!' Randy Shannon told his players Tuesday.After a disheartening loss Saturday at North Carolina, University of Miami coach Randy Shannon had seen enough to be crazed.

But when Shannon noticed players loafing between drills Tuesday, the enraged coach lit into the team. As reporters stood at least 30 yards away -- far enough not to hear most of the specifics -- Shannon screamed for at least five minutes after practice.

''It's not acceptable to lose at the University of Miami!'' he said during an expletive-filled rant. Another audible phrase: ``. . . from the first play to the last play!''

Then, Shannon seemed to point his finger menacingly to different players, and finally to guard Derrick Morse.

''Here's a real Hurricane!'' Shannon screamed to the others. ``D-Mo!''

When Shannon finally disbanded his players after extra sprints, he ran to reporters. This time, he was smiling.

The Hurricanes (4-2, 1-1 Atlantic Coast Conference) collapsed almost immediately in allowing 27 points in the first half at UNC, so Shannon's theme of the day was getting his Canes to believe. It also was getting them to start fast and stay fast.

When the Hurricanes play host to Georgia Tech (3-3, 1-3) on Saturday, it all will be a challenge, as Tech leads the nation in tackles for loss, is second in sacks, sixth in rushing defense and 11th in turnover margin.

''We had to get their blood going, and we're going to try every day to get those guys motivated to start fast from the beginning [and continue] to the end,'' Shannon said. ``Whatever it takes us to do, we're going to get it done.''

Earlier in the day, Shannon spoke in depth about players having to learn to trust their coaches. But by Tuesday evening he decided a more accurate word was ``believe.''

'It's not trust, the word is `believe'. They've got to believe us and believe we'll do what we need to get done. I thought about that all day. Believe in everything about Miami -- the coaches, what we say.

'If we say, `You need to start fast,' start fast. If we say, 'We need to protect the football,' protect the football. Don't just say, well, 'OK, we're going to go through the motions.' We're not going to accept that.''

Wright, who agreed his four interceptions Saturday were unacceptable, was asked his thoughts on a remedy for recent lackluster efforts.

MOTIVATION

''The only way Coach Shannon knows how to do it is to come out here and push us and make us practice at another level,'' Wright said. ``Guys got caught for loafing today and we started out practice by running sprints. If you're not running to and from drills, that's lackadaisical. . . . Every time that happens, we had to get on the line and run.''

Wright said they were warned about playing hard from beginning to end, and what can happen if players turn it on and off.

'One thing the coaches said: `You can't underestimate someone's heart,' '' Wright said. ``Everyone is turning it up a notch, I'll just say that.''

Morse, who practiced despite a stomach virus that, according to receiver Darnell Jenkins, caused the lineman to lose 20 pounds in the past few days, ''lays it on the line for everybody, no matter what it is,'' Shannon said. ``Broken leg, broken arm, concussion, he's going to line up and play . . . full speed. And that's Hurricane football -- bottom line.''

Said Morse, somewhat embarrassed: ``It's just accountability. He was just singling me out because I was probably the first guy he saw.''

Kenny Phillips, a soft-spoken junior safety who usually doesn't give speeches, addressed the Canes during halftime at North Carolina and at a Sunday meeting.

He said he told them not to worry about making mistakes. ``Just go out and play full speed. It's not on the coaches and the play-calling and schemes, it's us with our tackling and hustling. That's all us.

``They need a guy to get them going sometimes, to look up to. Everyone is not self-motivated. If I say something, they know it's from the heart.''

COMMON GOAL

Senior linebacker Tavares Gooden said he's not real vocal from a pep-talk standpoint, but he tries to get the team ''pumped up'' through his play. ''Of course I believe,'' he said. ``That's why I came here. I came here to win. Everybody came here to win.

``If you're top-notch players, you've got to play to your potential. That's what people aren't doing here. You just have to play like you were in high school. That's why you got recruited here.''

Added sophomore left tackle Jason Fox: ``Coach Shannon speaks the truth. As long as we get back to what he's telling us, he's going to lead us in the right direction.''
 10 years ago '04        #2424
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
 Deeangoe said:
interesting outlook on cokers 2004 class
good article
 10 years ago '04        #2425
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Many questions for UM
Posted on Wed, Oct. 10, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By BARRY JACKSON

Halfway through this UM season, so many questions remain. Among them:

Can Kyle Wright put a positive punctuation on a disappointing career? Although he's third in UM completion percentage (behind Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testaverde), his eight interceptions in 115 passes top his seven in 250 last season. And, he's far more error-prone than as a sophomore, when he had 18 touchdowns, 10 interceptions.

''He's getting caught staring down his receivers again,'' ex-Canes quarterback Steve Walsh said. ``Linebackers and safeties can read his eyes.''

Will Graig Cooper (averaging 5.7 yards a rush) get more carries at the expense of Javarris James (averaging 4.0)? No, running backs coach Tommie Robinson said. Robinson -- who decides which back will play, according to Cooper -- said James will remain the starter and praised his blocking. Robinson said he will continue alternating the backs every series or two to keep them in rhythm.

Will a clear-cut No. 1 receiver step forward? Randy Shannon insisted there is no need for one per se, but Walsh said, ''It's been another frustrating season not watching someone emerge as a go-to receiver. If you make a case for anyone, it's Darnell Jenkins.'' But Jenkins (team-leading 18 catches, 360 yards) is a backup on this week's depth chart, with Sam Shields and Lance Leggett as starters.

Can anyone on the roster continue the legacy of elite UM tight ends? Doesn't seem so. DajLeon Farr -- who some thought was best-suited to succeed Greg Olsen -- was dropped to No. 3 on the depth chart Tuesday, behind Chris Zellner (who has started five games) and Richard Gordon. Shannon made clear he expects more from Farr.

With run-stopping defensive tackle Antonio Dixon (knee) out at least four weeks, who steps in? Josh Holmes -- ''he's done a great job,'' Shannon said -- will make his first start Saturday vs. Georgia Tech.

Will linebacking play improve? Shannon took steps Tuesday, demoting Spencer Adkins and moving Darryl Sharpton to the first team.

Is there a legitimate No. 1 cornerback? Coaches considered Bruce Johnson the team's best cover corner, but he lost his starting job for the North Carolina game. And UM will have at least one new starting cornerback for the fifth consecutive game. Shannon said two starters will be chosen from among Johnson, DeMarcus VanDyke and Glenn Sharpe, and that Carlos Armour -- who started Saturday and struggled tackling -- will be ``the fourth guy automatically.''

Will the inconsistent special teams improve? Shannon spoke of an open competition this week for the kicker job, but special teams coach Joe Pannunzio said he's inclined to stick at least another week with senior Francesco Zampogna (who's 9 for 14 on field-goal tries and missed a 32-yarder -- plus an extra-point attempt -- on Saturday) and erratic Matt Bosher at punter. Shannon said finding a kicker for '08 and beyond is a ``priority.''
 10 years ago '04        #2426
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
$13,018 | Props total: 2910 2910
urban meyer is in town recruiting, he was at the ely game keeping a close eye on patrick johnson
 10-12-2007, 12:01 AM         #2427
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have nothing good to say and I don't want to keep playing the same old song so I aint been posting. But Hurricane Ra is down for life everyone knows that
 10 years ago '04        #2428
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
I have nothing good to say and I don't want to keep playing the same old song so I aint been posting. But Hurricane Ra is down for life everyone knows that
u already know
 10 years ago '04        #2429
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
Its a rough year to be a miami fan. Hurricanes not great, Dolphins garbage and im under 500 in my fantasy league. Hopefully the Heat do something
 10-12-2007, 08:32 AM         #2430
Mr. 2-85  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where can i get a damn miami hurricane fan tab like yall n*ggas got in ya sigs?
 10 years ago '04        #2431
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,314 | Props total: 11350 11350
 madness said:
urban meyer is in town recruiting, he was at the ely game keeping a close eye on patrick johnson
It would be sick if we pulled him. The Gators will get at least one more stub CB in this class whether it's him or not.
 10-13-2007, 10:57 AM         #2432
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Todays game will be on ESPN. I hope we come out and slap G-Tech
 10 years ago '05        #2433
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,051 | Props total: 645 645
whats with that wackass green strip in the middle of the field...looks ugly
 10-13-2007, 11:15 AM         #2434
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Wright fu*ked up twice.. Shoulda been a touchdown.. The Rock>>>ESPN
 10 years ago '05        #2435
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,395 | Props total: 1 1
yall know im a seminole...but the rock is that dude
 10 years ago '05        #2436
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,395 | Props total: 1 1
you guys gotta win this weekend...so fsu and miami will be halfway descent
 10 years ago '04        #2437
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
shawnbrey mcneal is gonna be a problem
 10-13-2007, 11:35 AM         #2438
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
McNeal is a fu*king beast. Imagine if McCoy had decided to stick to his commitment we would have the best stable of backs in the country. But fu*k him. James, Cooper and McNeal is fu*king raw as hell. Plus we got Lee Chambers
 10 years ago '04        #2439
madness 15 heat pts15
space
space
space
i knew they wouldnt go the entire game without mentioning shannon's rules
 10 years ago '05        #2440
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,163 | Props total: 957 957
Miami Better win this sh*t, I am still p!ss about last week..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy