most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2381
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
 RakimAllahNY said:
I can deal with a loss when our players aren't as good but when they coaches put them in terrible situation I can't deal with that
agreed...we got bi*ched slapped today...i havent watched the game yet though
 9 years ago '05        #2382
stillsouf 
space
space
$919 | Props total: 6 6
peeda rolled
 9 years ago '04        #2383
booie4 
space
space
$4,874 | Props total: 586 586
 CaSeOneR305 said:
man it did seem like we got out coached cuz I have no idea why shannon didnt keep wright in the game..I mean how do you take a player out that got our offense going. IMO wright>freeman and I think he should start the rest of the season. Even with wright though we still would of not won, and I think its because we still need more time on improving our overall offense. @ not being able to score a td and having to settle for FGs. Ohh well as long as we dont repeat this sh*t we should be good.
although i always thought Wright>Freeman, before this game, i thought you have to go with the guy who gives the team more upside which was Freeman because he was a Jr, but his performance today was pathetic at best, i think and i honestly believe Shannon believe this year means nothing more than to get young players snaps and for the staff to grow (most is 1st or 2nd year at their positions). until Marve get healthy (hopefully this year) were going to be bad on Offense
 9 years ago '04        #2384
DaYoungDon_251 
space
space
$605 | Props total: 0 0
51 - 13 daaaaaaamn da U got rapped lol!!!!
 9 years ago '07        #2385
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
 DaYoungDon_251 said:
51 - 13 daaaaaaamn da U got rapped lol!!!!
learn to spell before you talk trash
 9 years ago '06        #2386
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,597 | Props total: 12031 12031
damn prayers go out to kevin everett
 09-10-2007, 11:36 AM         #2387
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Send your prayers to Kevin Everett
 9 years ago '04        #2388
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
shout out to the homie kevin everett, get well soon
 9 years ago '07        #2389
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
hope everett is gonna be aight
 09-10-2007, 04:22 PM         #2390
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
K. Everett. Best Wishes to him..

As for the game on Saturday, you guys are failing to see the fact of talent on the field.. OU is a powerhouse compared to what miami has now unfortunately..

Coaches put the players in some bad positions? Maybe SOMETIMES, but the truth is players have to make plays! We dont have that playmaker QB, or WR..

There is alot of work to do, but on the good side.. We will not face a team as good as OU for the rest of the regular season.
 9 years ago '05        #2391
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
prayers out to kevin everett, hate to see this happen to anyone but it hurts more when its someone from the U....
 09-10-2007, 06:43 PM         #2392
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sh0wty said:
K. Everett. Best Wishes to him..

As for the game on Saturday, you guys are failing to see the fact of talent on the field.. OU is a powerhouse compared to what miami has now unfortunately..

Coaches put the players in some bad positions? Maybe SOMETIMES, but the truth is players have to make plays! We dont have that playmaker QB, or WR..

There is alot of work to do, but on the good side.. We will not face a team as good as OU for the rest of the regular season.

Yeah but perfect example.

Single coverage after the DB was roasted for 2 TDs already? How does that make sense, after the first one you shoulda known no one on our team or the country could cover him one on one.

Then there was the open TD's because the CB/Safety left them get behind them.. I mean they had that miscommunication against Marshall and the coaches didn't fix it.

And on offense.. How come you run the option with Kyle Wright but you throw a lot more with Kirby? That annoyed me the most. Its like your in the Red zone with Kyle and your running options with Cooper? James is better Red zone back anyway.
 9 years ago '04        #2393
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
some of shannon's decisions have me perplexed so far

we looked slow as p!ss on saturday....where are the blazers at running back we recruited? lee chambers? shawbrey mcneal? and this just shows what a sh*tty state coker left the program in - guys like lance "i give up on deep balls" leggett and darnell "butterfingers" jenkins wouldnt see the field at any other D-1 program

i hope he's not another butch davis - amazing recruiter, average gameday coach
 9 years ago '04        #2394
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
eptember 10, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami Northwestern QB and Cane commitment Jacory Harris didn't like what he saw in Saturday's game against Oklahoma.

But the blowout loss has convinced him of something: He might actually be able to compete to be a starter as a true freshman.

It's typically unheard of, but with UM's thin depth at the position and Kirby Freeman struggling, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

"I watched both games (against Marshall and Oklahoma), and when I watched I was thinking I really need to come in and I'm going to be ready to play," Harris said. "As long as I'm given an equal opportunity as other quarterbacks, I'll be right in the running for the starting position."

Through two games this season Harris has hit on 38 of 54 passes for 584 yards with six passing touchdowns and one interception. He's also run in a touchdown.

This week's game will test him and the rest of his teammates: Northwestern is playing Southlake Carroll, which has won 49 consecutive games, on Saturday in a game televised on ESPN.

"We're not going to let (their streak) be 50," Harris said.

It's a matchup of the No. 1 and 2 teams in the nation, with Northwestern looking to gain the top spot.

"It's a big game," Harris said. "We're going up there to represent the whole state of Florida, Miami-Dade County, to show we're the best team in the nation."

Harris isn't quite sure what to expect.

You see, after Northwestern traded game film with Southlake Carroll, Bulls coaches realized the Southlake Carroll tape was corrupted.

A mistake, no doubt.

"None of our opponents all year have given us good film," Harris said. "The film they gave us was just a messed up tape. We couldn't watch it. I tried to watch it right after our game, but the tape showed nothing. You had to hear to see where they were, there was no picture. It was big fuzz all over the screen.

"We happened to find another tape that had them on, but it was just a scrimmage. They didn't show us anything."

Harris did watch their televised state game last year and says, "They're a great team."

How serious is Soutlake Carroll about this game?

Harris says two of their coaches flew down to watch this weekend's Northwestern game.

* In recruiting news, Harris says he thinks Miami will be his only official visit.

"I'm not really interested in going anywhere else," he said.

Harris says he doesn't think his teammates that have committed will take other visits, either.

And Harris is confident that two of his teammates with UM offers that haven't publicly committed yet Tommy Streeter and Benjamin Jones will "do the right thing" when it comes down to it.

Harris says he speaks with fellow commitment Jordan Futch every week.

"We talk about how we're going to be in the future, that we have to come in and make a change, be ready to come in and compete," Harris said. "I'm ready for the challenge."
 9 years ago '04        #2395
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0

September 10, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Publisher

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

It was the score.

You post 51-13 anywhere, at any level of football, and it's going to leave a sour taste in your mouth, demoralize your players and devastate your fan base.

But beyond those numbers there was a bigger picture after the Miami Hurricanes season opening loss at Oklahoma. I was determined to find it. And see it once I did.

So I holed myself up in a film room on Monday and dissected every second of the game in Norman, sometimes multiple times and in slow motion.

I emerged with a refreshed opinion about this year's Miami team.

The Hurricanes weren't nearly as bad in the game as the score suggested. I unequivocally still believe that this group can rebound, make it to Jacksonville for the ACC Championship game and win it.

There are some major adjustments that need to be made for this to happen, no question. Randy Shannon's track record as a coach has always been receptiveness to change. So if I'm seeing where some refinement might be needed, I have confidence he and his staff are seeing the same things, if not more.

So, without further delay, here are my solutions to the problems that surfaced at Oklahoma:

* Change starting quarterbacks As many have astutely and vocally pointed out, it is quite clear that Kyle Wright must return to being the team's quarterback. Not only is he more poised and confident than Kirby Freeman due to his experience, but there is less temptation for Patrick Nix to gimmick up the offense with him in there. Miami has enough weapons in the offense now that the quarterback should be a guy who drops back, finds the open man and delivers the football. Period. There were three running plays called for Freeman on Saturday before the middle of the second quarter. That's overkill. If Miami is going to run, isn't it better off with the ball in the hands of Javarris James and Graig Cooper? I'm not saying this to be critical of Nix. I like the look of his offense, just not the way he is using it (i.e., outside runs on first and goal at the 2). And it's human nature for a coach to try to take advantage of a quarterback who can run. But Wright is adequate enough in that area. Miami is the second-to-last team in Division IA football in passing offense right now. That's a total joke. The level of play Freeman provides, and this goes back to his opportunities last season, is simply not good enough. Stick with Freeman and this team goes 6-6. I really believe that. Wright looked really good Saturday while Freeman was jittery and ineffective. Freeman was 0-6 in third-down conversions when he left the game. Wright went 4-4 on his first four opportunities and led an 18-play scoring drive. I was as surprised as anybody when Freeman went back in for the fourth quarter. Maybe the coaches were looking to give him a vote of confidence. You can't have Freeman losing total faith in himself with two years of eligibility left. But it isn't play time anymore. It's time for a tough decision to be made, and a time to admit that starting Freeman based on a practice field edge might have been a mistake. We will find out soon who gets the nod for the FIU game, a prep for a greater test against Texas A&M. But I say the ball unquestionably needs to go back to Wright without any week-to-week wavering. And, when he gets his job back, Wright needs to focus on looking off defensive backs and also standing tougher and stepping up in the pocket rather than bailing out all the time when pressure comes.

* Throw the shotgun formation out of the offense on early downs It was a disaster for Miami in the Oklahoma game and it appeared to contribute to Miami's running game struggles. Running plays were way more effective when the quarterback took the snap from under center. Miami had ZERO success making positive plays out of the shotgun on first and second down and found itself in way too many second-and-long situations that limited its options on offense.

* Change personnel at linebacker The linebacker play has been very uneven so far this season and the guys playing that position often look confused. I say move Darryl Sharpton back into the middle and demand that he master his mental a.ssignments. Let Tavares Gooden move back outside and give Colin McCarthy, who has been forced to be a starter before he really was ready, extra reps in practice in identifying when and where to drop into pass coverage. He is doing well enough against the run. Spencer Adkins, too slow in his reactions, needs to go back into a reserve role.

* Move Randy Phillips to safety With Lovon Ponder hurt, Miami is real thin at safety anyway and UM just can't afford to keep watching Phillips get beat for touchdowns in man coverage anymore. If you think he had a bullseye on his chest before the Oklahoma game, imagine what a big part of opposing game plans he would be now after allowing four touchdowns in the Oklahoma game. Phillips is a decent defensive back who is simply miscast. Willie Cooper also had a rough day in Norman and isn't as physically gifted as some other guys on the roster. Time to get the best athletes on the field and Joseph Nicolas is looking like he might be one of those as well as the season progresses. Start Randy and Kenny Phillips at safety and move Carlos Armour or Chavez Grant into a starting role at corner until Glenn Sharpe is healthy.

* Stop leaving the deep middle of the field exposed The Hurricanes like to bring the safeties up to support the running game and also blitz the quarterback. But UM is giving up way too many touchdowns by leaving its corners exposed in single coverage on slants and patterns across the football field. It has gotten to the point where opponents like Oklahoma clearly are waiting for it and have automatic adjustments in place.

* Use Calais Campbell some at tackle to help solve depth problems there Courtney Harris has looked real good coming off the bench and can team with Eric Moncur at end. Miami is real thin at defensive tackle and could use 12-15 snaps there from Campbell, particularly in passing situations.

* Get more hang time on kickoffs Daren Daly must work on his consistency on kickoffs, as he is allowing opponents to get way too much of an edge in field position. At times in the first two games Daly's kicks have been good enough. But he must get it done on a more regular basis.

* Play smarter - The team isn't good enough to give up precious yardage on things like stupid unneccessary roughness penalties (Tavares Gooden) or offsides on third and four (Antonio Dixon).

That's it. The ticket to the top 10 isn't all that complicated. Miami will have a chance to win every game it plays the remainder of the year. Making a large percentage of these adjustments will go a long way toward helping the Hurricanes pull it off.
 9 years ago '04        #2396
1000bluntz 
space
space
$15,027 | Props total: 2227 2227
Man I hope that Everett dude makes it through this sh*t, that sh*t looked really, really bad.

Onto Miami I'm sorry y'all, now y'all get to see how it feels to have your team ruined by sh*tty coaching. Sorry but Shannon will not turn things around up there and the offense is pathetic and the defense was sh*t on and getting completely manhandled on the line, that shouldn't happen to a Miami team.
 9 years ago '04        #2397
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,792 | Props total: 1398 1398
the game wasnt really that bad...we were a 7-6 team last year going in to Norman Oklahoma trying to knock off the #5 team in the nation. we just failed.

but we hung tough with them for 3 Qtrs and then a personal foul call on T.Good started a Snowball effect.

and then it got out of hand.

so dont jump off the bridge just yet.

we need KW to QB for us to have a chance and we need Hurricane James to get a majority of the carries and not Memphis
 9 years ago '05        #2398
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
we need KW to QB for us to have a chance and we need Hurricane James to get a majority of the carries and not Memphis
On the bottom of ESPN they said Kyle Wright was named starter for Saturdays game.
 09-11-2007, 09:08 PM         #2399
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thats right. KW is QB this saturday..

R. Phillips being moved to safety.
 9 years ago '05        #2400
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
going to the game this sat...i swear to god this game better be over by halftime
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Single Mothers Infographic
230 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
8 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside FAST & FURIOUS 8 Trailer Teaser (2017) (Like the announcement for the a..
43 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Best Buy Buy 2 Get 1 Free 12/4/16-12/10/16
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
122 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside GTA Online: Import/Export coming December
46 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
73 comments
1 day ago