NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA My Friend Just Met Klay Thompson
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Transformers: The Last Knight(official trailer)
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Reason why jeremih got kicked out of the tour and possible going to get..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2361
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
Secret "O" in store for Sooners?

I've never been one to buy into the idea teams would withhold an entire offense for a tougher team the following week. Maybe, a few trick plays here or there. But an entire offense?

This week as Miami has prepared for Oklahoma, some of you brought up the idea that UM may have been saving something for the Sooners this week and thus that was the reason Kirby Freeman and the pass offense put up an unimpressive 81 yards against Marshall's weak pass D last Saturday. So I decided to raise the question. And to my surprise, I got a lot of smiles after practice Wednesday when I asked if offensive coordinator Patrick Nix simply didn't want to tip his hand to Oklahoma last week.

Q: Hey Darnell Jenkins, were you guys holding back?
A: "That's what Coach Nix wanted. And if we do everything against Marshall, they have all our film. Right now, we're just going over offense and preparing ourself."
Q: So people are going to be surprised? Real surprised?
A: "Watch the game Saturday," Jenkins said. "Stay tuned."

Jenkins got me thinking. Maybe there is something to it. But I had to ask some more. How about Lance Leggett?

Q: You caught a lot of quick little flare passes on Saturday, any chance we see you downfield some more?
A: "[Laughter]. I don't want to say anything. You'll see Saturday."
Q: But will the offense be more exciting?
A: "I don't really want to say. Just wait for Saturday. We can throw the ball. I know the fans want to see it. They just got to wait."

Jason Fox smiled when I asked him the same line of questioning. Sam Shields too. As much I want to believe there is some great pass offense in store waiting to be unleashed, I'm still very much skeptical. It's been a long time since I can remember Miami's pass offense being very effective. Why wouldn't Nix want his kids to go into Oklahoma with some confidence it could throw downfield?

For those of you wondering the last time Miami's pass offense actually had a big day, I went back and researched last season. The biggest passing day? 299 yards against Duke. The Canes, in fact, eclipsed the 200-yard passing mark only five times in 13 games last season. For the record, the last 300-yard passing game came against Wake Forest in 2005. What about the last time a Miami receiver had more than 100 yards? Lance Legget (6 catches for 131 yards vs. Duke). It was the only time a Miami receiver went over the 100-yard mark at all last season.

There's no doubt 81 passing yards probably won't be enough to beat Oklahoma Saturday. Miami's pass offense has to be more effective than that because Oklahoma's defensive line is no joke. After speaking with left tackle Jason Fox, center John Rochford and right guard Derrick Morse, all three said OU's d-line is just as good as the one they face in practice everyday, "just younger," Fox told me and "a bit lighter and faster" at defensive tackle according to Morse and Rochford.

"They'll get into your body and try to use a rip move or a club move," Rochford said when describing OU's attack. "It's something we're going to have be ready for. From what I saw on film, it looked like they only had one or two moves each time. They didn't blitz a lot on North Texas, they didn't need to. But we'll be prepared if they bring it this week. These guys are good, they're big, strong, we have to bring our A-game this week."

* I also asked Jenkins what having a guy like Sam Shields (who was suspended last week) back in the lineup would mean to Miami's offense. Apparently, he thinks it will make a huge difference.
"It takes pressure off," Jenkins said. "It takes them from play 3 [defensive backs] over 2 [receivers] or man. Now, they may back up a little because of the speed. He's a big threat. All of us have speed, it just hasn't been shown yet. Like I said, watch Saturday."

Shields is listed third on the depth chart, but Shannon later added "what does that really matter? They all play 35 to 40 plays anyway."

sounds like we got a couple things in store for the sooners...

Last edited by madness; 09-06-2007 at 01:05 PM..
 9 years ago '05        #2362
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
fu*k i cant wait....ima be hungover from the night before prolly working on 3hr sleep.....aint no way in hell im missing this game...even when they tryed to trick me into working double shift on saturday...i was like hell nah, got some other dude to cover for me while i get drunk at a bar watching the game
 9 years ago '04        #2363
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
10 mns til kickoff
 9 years ago '05        #2364
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
yes sir gametime is upon us
 9 years ago '07        #2365
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
freeman i hope this kid burns them
 9 years ago '05        #2366
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
wtf how was that not pass interferance
 9 years ago '07        #2367
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
Our D Better Man Up!!
 09-08-2007, 11:35 AM         #2368
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can't take another loss like this. Seriously something bad will happen
 9 years ago '07        #2369
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
I can't take another loss like this. Seriously something bad will happen
i feel your pain :sick:
 09-08-2007, 02:09 PM         #2370
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Did Shannon and Nix get out coached or what. I don't think I've ever seen us this out coached since I started watching. At least Coker's defense never let this happen.

Option with Wright?
Spread passes with Freeman?
Blown coverages all over the field?
3 Touchdowns with one player and you still play man on man with no help?

And I know its one game but you can you that excuse for young players like DVD and Coop.. But when your getting out coached thats going to continue all year.
 9 years ago '07        #2371
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
back to the drawing board boys
 9 years ago '04        #2372
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
any realistic fan knows this year is gonna be rocky, next year is when its gonna all come together.

this team is still young and they are gonna go thru some growing pains, this is just a part of the process. i just hope the recruits werent too turned off by this
 09-08-2007, 03:01 PM         #2373
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I can deal with a loss when our players aren't as good but when they coaches put them in terrible situation I can't deal with that
 9 years ago '04        #2374
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
yeah i feel u, and its like u always say, we gotta win the big games on national tv....safe to say we havent done that yet
 9 years ago '07        #2375
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
realistical, we can still have a double digit win season and noone would complain about that....
 9 years ago '06        #2376
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,595 | Props total: 12018 12018
 Skip>>>Ronnie said:
miami sucks....
you have 3 chins ........
 9 years ago '07        #2377
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
who the hell is this skip>>>ronnie kid
 09-08-2007, 07:06 PM         #2378
Twelveinchez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fuk happend to yall
 09-08-2007, 07:30 PM         #2379
CaSeOneR305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man it did seem like we got out coached cuz I have no idea why shannon didnt keep wright in the game..I mean how do you take a player out that got our offense going. IMO wright>freeman and I think he should start the rest of the season. Even with wright though we still would of not won, and I think its because we still need more time on improving our overall offense. @ not being able to score a td and having to settle for FGs. Ohh well as long as we dont repeat this sh*t we should be good.
 9 years ago '04        #2380
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,861 | Props total: 0 0
damn i really thought Kirby was gonna be a good quarterback but this n*gga is plain a.ss... might as well start Kyle for the rest of the season now..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Why Derrick Rose Got Injured, Scientifically
59 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
164 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
'Member Lil B?
112 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
112 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Fresh Prince otw to Netflix
58 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Cam'ron's Killa Season 2 Tour is a MUST SEE
80 comments
1 day ago