Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
SOULJA BOY GOONS steal MIGOS ´CHAIN !!!!!
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA NBA.COM fu-ked up.
115 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Slim Jesus Current State of Life
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Kidd Kidd EXPOSES Lil Wayne's Ghostwriters & SLAMS Him For His Black Li..
62 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-02-2007, 12:22 AM         #2321
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Couple of things.. Our running game is looking really good. Which I expected but when we face a better defense our QB needs to make plays.. BUT NO COMPLAINTS. Hurricane James heard all the Coop talk and came our ripping n*gga's. Coop played his a.ss off to

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '07        #2322
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
next weeks game is gonna be fu**in amazin......
 9 years ago '05        #2323
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,896 | Props total: 290 290
 QualityRecords said:
Well, I, like many of you, didn't get a chance to watch the game but when they showed a short highlight it looked like they took the names off the back of the jersey? That and of course they got a new jersey which seems to be an annual tradition haha
i was able to catch the final 6 mins of the game after work

yea they dont got names....still yet to see if the road jerseys have names or not im a.ssuming not

also shannon is really putting discipline on the team
remember how couple years ago on the sideline for the nondressing players, they would wear their game jersey and shorts, usually the long rocawear/seanjohn etc etc jean shorts
no more, all nondressing players wore the same attire...game jerseys with the U practice shorts....lol shannon had them looking like squares, shorts were not even knee length

and wtf at having the um/ou game at noon....i mean seriously ima be so hungoever from the night before
 09-02-2007, 08:11 AM         #2324
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I will be in Norman on Friday.. I will take pictures for my peeps here on the bx..
 9 years ago '04        #2325
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
if you think about the passing game and the QB.

KF went 9-21, and had 5 drops...so really we should be looking at 14-21 and at least 150 yds. we were greatly missing the Sam "4.26" Shields Dynamic on the field as the Freeman to Shields connection was very prominent in practices

KF can do better, he needs to step it up to beat OU and so do our WR's

i say start Leggett,Hankerson and Shields
 9 years ago '05        #2326
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,394 | Props total: 1 1
Congrats On The Win....hope Yall Are Undefeated When We Get Yall
 9 years ago '04        #2327
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
 Sh0wty said:
I will be in Norman on Friday.. I will take pictures for my peeps here on the bx..
:applause:
 09-02-2007, 12:38 PM         #2328
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sh0wty said:

Thats whats up.. I can't wait for that game for real..
 9 years ago '06        #2329
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261
 9 years ago '04        #2330
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,799 | Props total: 1401 1401
Graig Cooper in Action

9 years ago '06        #2331
DEDOS 121 heat pts121
space
space
$57,715 | Props total: 12261 12261

9 years ago '07        #2332
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
anyone know of a site i can go to, to buy a custom made jersey?
 09-02-2007, 01:52 PM         #2333
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 2, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

In his first interview since coach Randy Shannon announced that Kirby Freeman would be the starting quarterback, Kyle Wright tells CaneSport.com that he's "doing fine."

"I just continue to work hard every day and I know I'm going to get my opportunity," he said. "I know I'm going to get my opportunity and I just have to be ready. I'm still on this team, I'm still a quarterback on this team. I'm just going to keep working hard and not let anything get me down."

Wright says something that has bothered him is criticism by fans that he's somehow selfish.

Wright says blogs and message board posts were brought to his attention by Hurricane coaches.

"I know some things have been said that I'm not a team player and that I'm selfish," Wright said. "But you can ask the coaches – that's about as far from the truth as it can get. I'm still here, I'm still working hard, and I'm still going to support my teammates. That's coming from a lot of people who don't know me and don't know who I am. That's all I can say about that. I'm just going to go out and work hard and that's it."

While perhaps that perception in part arose when Wright declined to meet with reporters following Freeman being named the starter, Wright says the reason he didn't talk was, "I really didn't have anything to talk about. It was tough for me, but I really wanted to go out and still have a good practice. It was hard. But I'm far from selfish and far from not being a team player. That's absolutely not what I am. That's unfortunate that (some fans) think that, but that's far from the truth. I'm still here and I'm still going to work hard."

Shannon was asked today about the perception that Wright is a selfish player.

"Everybody's got their opinion," Shannon said. "I can't tell the fans what their opinions are.

"I think Kyle has done a wonderful job with this team. He's still competing every day in practice to be the best he can be. We had a two-minute drill (in practice) the other day and he almost got one in the end zone to win it for us. So Kyle is not shutting it down, and Kyle is very positive. He had a great time at the game cheering Kirby, the offense and being involved."

Wright says he is simply trying to make the best out of a difficult situation.

He says he was "definitely surprised" when Shannon announced Freeman would be the starter last week.

He thought he had shown he should be getting the first snap this year.

"Obviously I was disappointed," Wright said. "But there was nothing I could do about it. I have to go out and work every day, just be ready.

"I could go one of two ways, and I'm just going to continue to work and be ready when I get my chance."

Asked if he thinks that the fact that Freeman has two years of eligibility while he has only one weighed into the decision, Wright said, "There was a lot of thoughts that went through my mind. The only way that I'm going to get through this and keep going is to keep working hard, not read the media."

Wright says he believes his chances of being named the starter were hurt by a week of missed fall practice due to a knee issue.

"That wasn't the way you want to draw it up," Wright said. "I don't know if that went either way, but there's nothing I could do about that. It's just something that happens, and it was unfortunate, that's for sure."

A former can't-miss quarterback prospect from California, Wright hasn't faced the prospect of being benched when he's healthy since his early years at UM when he arrived as the Gatorade National Player of the Year.

So it was difficult for him to watch on as Freeman led the team yesterday.

"I've faced adversity on and off the field since I've been here, and this is another thing that I have to deal with," Wright said. "I'm not going to let it get me down."

Was it hard for him to be out on the field and not even play in mop-up duty against Marshall?

"Of course," Wright said. "You always want to be out there and want to play. It was definitely hard, but that's not going to keep me down. I'm going to keep working. I know my time's going to come, and when that happens I'll be ready."

* Wright says he wasn't helping call plays in against Marshall, but that he was helping coordinator Patrick Nix keep an eye on what the Herd cornerbacks and safeties were doing.

"Being on the field you can see things a little differently," Wright said.
 09-02-2007, 03:54 PM         #2334
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RAKIM can we get that article on Shannon and the Corrections..

Thanks.
 9 years ago '05        #2335
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 426 426
 C.R.I.P. said:
Graig Cooper in Action

Props. All about the U
 9 years ago '05        #2336
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3801 3801
here's a nice background for ya'll

[pic - click to view]

9 years ago '05        #2337
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$8,971 | Props total: 426 426
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lame a.ss, Can't stop thinking about US, No body gives a fu*k about FSU wack a.ss.......Can't wait to wipe yall a.ss out.....
 9 years ago '05        #2338
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,691 | Props total: 3801 3801
 DymeKatcha said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lame a.ss, Can't stop thinking about US, No body gives a fu*k about FSU wack a.ss.......Can't wait to wipe yall a.ss out.....
can't stop thinking about yall? :rolleyes:

I won't even comment on us vs. ya'll, because I respect some Miami fans on here. but I thought it was a nice background ya not feeling it? :rolleyes: :applause:
 9 years ago '06        #2339
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
Here's a highlight tape of the U vs Marshall game. Props to who ever made it.

9 years ago '04        #2340
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
Dropped balls still a concern for Shannon
Shields' return will boost unit

Lance Leggett led all UM receivers with four receptions for 31 yards in the win over Marshall. (Sun-Sentinel/Michael Laughlin / September 1, 2007)

By Shandel Richardson | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
September 3, 2007
Article tools
E-mail Share
Digg Del.icio.us Facebook Furl Google Newsvine Reddit Spurl Yahoo Print Single page view Reprints Reader feedback Text size: CORAL GABLES - University of Miami coach Randy Shannon had little to complain about in Saturday's season-opening victory against Marshall.

But if there were one concern, it would be the play of the wide receivers. They dropped several passes, slowing some drives that might have made the Hurricanes' offense look more productive.

"We had too many drops," Shannon said during his weekly Sunday news conference. "We got in a lot of third-down-and-3 or 4 and the receivers had balls hitting their hands. The thing I will say is the offense didn't get down on themselves ... That's a sign of the team growing."

Related links
Going down Photo
Quarterback Kirby Freeman completed just 9 of 21 passes for 81 yards, but his numbers would have been more respectable minus the drops. Darnell Jenkins and Khalil Jones had at least one dropped pass. It surprised Shannon because most of the receivers were solid in preseason.

"I think those guys pressed themselves too hard," Shannon said. "Darnell and Lance [Leggett], those guys are making plays all through camp. They were open. They were probably just shocked that they were open that much."

The wide receiver unit receives a boost with the return of sophomore Sam Shields for this week's game at Oklahoma. Shields was suspended for the team's opener for violating team rules. It provided opportunities for freshman Leonard Hankerson, sophomore Ryan Hill and junior Kayne Farquharson, who all had one catch.

The passing offense appeared conservative because it mostly featured short routes. Shannon said it was an attempt to get the ball to the receivers, and let them make plays. Leggett caught a team-high four passes for 31 yards, but most of the receptions were made within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.

"Eventually, Lance is going to make somebody miss," Shannon said. "Sometimes, it may be a 2-yard gain and everybody will be upset. But it's not a negative play."

LOOKING AHEAD

There is little time to celebrate the first victory under Shannon. After Oklahoma's impressive 79-10 victory against North Texas, the Hurricanes now find themselves as a 10-point underdog going against No. 8 Oklahoma.

"You can't dwell on [the Marshall win]," Shannon said. "They can go out and party all night. You can get Gatorade doused on your head. You have everybody in Miami patting you on the shoulder. But you know what? That's never going to win the game next week against Oklahoma."

Shannon did say it is at least easier to prepare for this week's opponent. Marshall had mostly a new coaching staff, but Oklahoma made no changes.

"The best thing about playing Oklahoma is the coordinators are the still same, both offense and defense," Shannon said. "So we'll have an idea what they do and we'll have a good game plan."

Mabry Out

Fullback Jerrell Mabry was on crutches after Saturday's game. He was evaluated by team doctors Sunday.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside which heaux you trynna turn into a housewife??
150 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pic of Every Artist Featured On J Cole's 4YourEyezOnly... Full Lyrics ..
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Pink Toe With Ridiculous Buns
85 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING First Official Trailers
178 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Alien: Covenant Footage Just Screened And The Reactions Are In
31 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Introduction to Pizzagate
131 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
126 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy