Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oct 23 - 5 teens who threw a rock off overpass charged with 2nd-degree..
65 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel G-Checks Charlamagne Tha God On AIR!!
51 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Gucci really winning right now
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Now THATS WHAT I CALL BBW vol.1
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM         #2261
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 14, 2007

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Booker T. Washington WR and Cane commitment Thearon Collier didn't play last weekend because of a sprained ankle.

But he expects to be back for his team's next game.

While Collier says his Cane commitment is solid, he also says he plans to visit Auburn this weekend.

"I just want to see how their organization is," he said.

Collier said he watched UM's loss to Oklahoma on television.

"I think it helps my chances to play early, to start in the slot next year," he said.

Collier attended UM's opener unofficially.

"It was pretty good," he said. "I was on the sideline (before the game), got to know a few coaches – (Randy) Shannon, (Marques) Mosely. They were saying they were glad to see me there."

Collier says he hopes to attend UM with a pair of teammates: Fellow commitment Davon Johnson and cornerback Brandon Harris.

"We talk about playing together at Miami, say what we're gong to do at the next level," Collier said.
 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM         #2262
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 14, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Related Links:
Emmanuel Sourrin bio

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Miami Norland High School CB Emmanuel Sourrin says he is getting UM recruiting mail and is speaking with Cane coaches on a weekly basis.

But he's not sure he's going to get a scholarship offer.

"Coach (Wesley) McGriff tells me that he likes the way I play, that he'll be looking at me real closely," Sourrin said. "I went to the summer camp and performed well."

Sourrin has only one major offer so far – from Florida State.

"They offered after I went to their summer camp," the 5-foot-11, 170-pounder with 4.5-second speed said.

He lists other offers from Western Michigan, Middle Tennessee and Troy, among others.

What will happen if the Canes offer?

"I'd go there," Sourrin said. "It's my hometown."

Sourrin had an interception return for a 56-yard touchdown in his first game this season. He also blocked a field goal.

In his game this past weekend he lined up against American's best receiver and didn't allow a reception.
 09-14-2007, 10:58 AM         #2263
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 13, 2007

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Homestead High School LB and Cane commitment Marcus Robinson didn't watch the Oklahoma game.

But he, like many others, was surprised at the final score.

"Even though they lost, it's a positive thing for a recruit because I know if I go in and do what I have to do I can be a player (as a freshman)," Robinson said.

Robinson's team has lost its first two games, but he scored in both – he returned a fumble for a 30-yard touchdown in the opener, and last game he had a nine-yard touchdown reception.

Robinson says he hasn't spoken to Cane coaches "in a while," but he attended the Marshall game unofficially.

"That was great." Robinson said. "I got there late, didn't get to see the coaches, but I liked the atmosphere. A lot of fans recognized me. They were saying that that's the place to be."

Robinson says he hasn't been speaking with coaches from any schools because of his busy schedule.

"I haven't had time," he said.

Robinson says he will take official visits to Florida and USC at some point.

He remains committed to the Canes.

"It's solid," Robinson said. "I'm just going to check out some other schools."
 10 years ago '07        #2264
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 12 12
oh well hype for the next game i dont care who we play and what troubles we going through i am HARD CORE TILL THE DAY I DIE FAN
 10 years ago '05        #2265
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,025 | Props total: 604 604
damn no gametalk or analysis

lol yea who cares about the game

did yall see jacory harris when after he threw that 80yr td pass to tommy streeter....throwing up the U sign...sh*t gave me chills

*edit*
so im reading espn and i read this about the um/fiu recap

"Several fans were ejected, some of them dragged out by police and security guards, for altercations in the Orange Bowl stands. Police on horseback were patrolling the grounds as well."

i was there specifically for the dude being dragged out, police fu*ked him up bad, they dragged his a.ss down the rows, while he was resisting of course, ...dude was like let me go and the a.sswhole cops let him go, he falls flat on his face and dude gets cut up bad, and his face was all cut up from the asphalt, that fire rescue scooter had to come and take him in a stretcher cuz he was just pouring blood... to make matters worse they arrested that dudes mom, becuz she got behind one officer and yelled on his ear and she said "your a fu*king a.sswhole" in which he turned around grabbed the mom and pulled her down by the hair and arrested her on the spot...very fu*ked up , everyone was fu*king boooing the cops and sh*t (this was in the fiu student section)

i musta seen like 10 arrests, of course i was everywhere in the orange bowl, sat in the west endzone, the fiu student section, the um student section...um students were jerks cheering for some other dude being arrested...obviously they immature a.ss aint never been arrested to be cheering something like that

Last edited by Deeangoe; 09-15-2007 at 11:45 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #2266
madness 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$12,943 | Props total: 2617 2617
hell yeah, i was more hyped for that northwestern game than for the hurricane game. cant wait til all that talent is in orange & green.

good to see darnell jenkins and leggett show some life yesterday, i thought they died cuz i hadnt heard sh*t from them.

they got a short week to prepare for a tough texas A&M squad, i think we can take 'em at the orange bowl tho
 10 years ago '05        #2267
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
 madness said:
hell yeah, i was more hyped for that northwestern game than for the hurricane game. cant wait til all that talent is in orange & green.

good to see darnell jenkins and leggett show some life yesterday, i thought they died cuz i hadnt heard sh*t from them.

they got a short week to prepare for a tough texas A&M squad, i think we can take 'em at the orange bowl tho
speaking of dying, where the hell is sam shields, has he even caught a pass this yr .... i hope he doesnt turn into ryan moore 2.0
 10 years ago '04        #2268
1000bluntz 
space
space
$17,058 | Props total: 10313 10313
I heard Davon Johnson is about to switch to UF. Anybody heard anything about this? His step dad is a former Gator in Ben Hanks so I wouldn't doubt that he's considering going to Florida, especially after visiting yesterday for the UT beatdown.
 10 years ago '04        #2269
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,742 | Props total: 3901 3901
 1000bluntz said:
I heard Davon Johnson is about to switch to UF. Anybody heard anything about this? His step dad is a former Gator in Ben Hanks so I wouldn't doubt that he's considering going to Florida, especially after visiting yesterday for the UT beatdown.
maybe. we'll see..im guessing he's just excited from a great trip. im sure he doesnt want to be known as the dade county traitor.

and also i hear we may be receiving a gift from UF as well

keep it cool

Miami Northwestern vs SLC Highlights..of Cane Commits

10 years ago '05        #2270
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 C.R.I.P. said:
and also i hear we may be receiving a gift from UF as well
I aint know what u was talking bout when I saw this post earlier but I think I just heard about what u talking bout here. I came to see if anybody heard anything about it but I guess so. I'll just sit back and see what happens.
 10 years ago '04        #2271
1000bluntz 
space
space
Y'all think DT is going to transfer or something? I doubt that highly considering next year he'll blow up in this offense.
 10 years ago '05        #2272
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
according to other gators...apparently were tryna steal him from uf
 09-17-2007, 12:54 AM         #2273
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1000bluntz said:

Yeah I heard this too. Hes wide open now but we all knows its a race between Miami and Florida. I guess he chilled with Tebow and he was telling him a lot about how great it is. Word is even Meyer but the full court press on him. Can't blame him considering how good Florida looked and how mediocre Miami looked.

Anyway sorry I been MIA, but you know with the Patriots, Redsox vs Yanks and work I aint had much time. I'm back though.

Also I heard its two Gators.. But I'm not gonna say in till I hear a little bit more..

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 09-17-2007 at 12:56 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #2274
1000bluntz 
space
space
I'd be shocked as fu*k if two current Gators opted for Miami, especially considering the run it looks like we are about to go on. If we were to lose anybody than good riddance we have plenty of talent but I have faith in Meyer keeping those guys around, he's talked quite a few high profile guys out of leaving and those certain guys are major contributors right now.
 10 years ago '04        #2275
madness 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$12,943 | Props total: 2617 2617
if davon johnson bounces, tommy streeter will commit for sure
 10 years ago '04        #2276
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
id like to clear the fact that i doubt DT transfers here. although he has questioned his decision previously(at the MNW/GC game) so i mean its not out of the realm of possibility but i seriously doubt it.

as far as Davon Johnson.....Dade County...Booker T Washington....Head Coach Tim Ice Harris who has been friends with Coach Shannon for 20 years......i doubt he leaves
 10 years ago '04        #2277
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
big game this thursday fellas....go canes
 09-18-2007, 07:08 PM         #2278
CaSeOneR305  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
On the game on thursday....

The University of Miami will play the Texas A&M Aggies for only the second time ever, and the first time since World War II, when the two schools play on Thursday night at the Orange Bowl. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN. This will be only the second meeting ever between the two schools. On Dec. 8, 1944, Texas A&M routed the Hurricanes 70-14 at the Orange Bowl.

^^^:wow:We MUST get some payback. They came to the orange bowl and did THAT?!?!?!? fu*k naw we better stomp they a.ss the hell out of miami. This is another Texas v.s Florida game like NW vs SLC lolol whoever wins gonna be braggin bout their state if they win.
 10 years ago '04        #2279
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
Will it Come down to the hat trick for Patrick Johnson

Pompano Beach Ely High School DB Patrick Johnson took an official visit to Florida this past weekend.

His father, Patrick Sr., says his son remains a Hurricane commitment.

"Probably just Miami will be his only other visit, but he might also visit LSU or USC," Patrick Sr. said. "He's still a Miami commitment. He just wants to get out and see different things."

Dad says his son is an "80 percent" done deal for the Canes right now.

And he says his son is "leaning toward" making a public decision on national television during the Army All-American Bowl.

"He's going to have hats in front of him – will probably fully commit then," Patrick Sr. said. "We're trying to decide if he'll do it that way. He's probably going to fully commit then. If it's Miami he'll just say it twice, nothing wrong with saying it twice, picking up a UM hat and showing the world."

Dad said the UF visit impressed them.

"The neatest thing was the team walk when they first get off the bus and walked into the stadium," he said. "That was cool. And the fans, the way the place is is very impressive."

Patrick Sr. says he's leaving a final decision in the hands of his son.

"He likes it at Miami," dad said. "It's his decision. I'm just trying to back him up. I want him to make the right decision. Right now he just wants to get out there and see different things.
 10 years ago '04        #2280
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
With Time to think, WR solidifies Commitment

Miami Booker T Washington High School Davon Johnson has had a couple of days to mull things over since returning from an official visit to Florida.

While he says "I was swayed" during the time in Gainesville, he says "I'm still a Hurricane as of now. I'm a commitment. I'm still a strong commitment."

At the same time he says "It's still early in the process."

And he says he plans to take an official visit to the University of South Florida Jan. 19.

"I just like that it's an upcoming school, the offensive scheme they're running," he said.

Johnson says an overriding concern he has is UM's passing offense.

"I've been concerned about the offense because, as a receiver I want the ball in my hands," he said. "I talked to coach (Marques) Mosely last night. He said they have a lot of spreads, that they have to have enough receivers to do what they want to do.

"He was telling me to keep my head focused, know who you're going to play with this year, the class they're bringing in, not to worry about the offense, that they have enough receivers to spread it out."

So what are the chances Johnson signs with the Canes in February?

"It's an 80 percent chance right now," Johnson said.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Imagine tearing this up from the back!!! Anybody have a name?
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside These days these new girls be makin me nervous
7 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Apple is dying, and this guy eloquently lays out the case
67 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member flies 6000 miles from Barcelona to Las Vegas to meet a gi..
372 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Burger King just released one of the best anti-bullying PSAs I've ever ..
35 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Niggas what the fu-k is going on at neogaf?
119 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Karmabirdfly Tatted Up
36 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She’s hot, intelligent, clean skin, work of perfection 😇ԅ..
17 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy