Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Woman makes husband lose it after convincing him she's adopted wild co..
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Shout out to my young bosses wifing boss bi-ches
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
48 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BREAKING: OAKLAND PARTY FIRE- death toll to reach up to 40, 9 people f..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-28-2007, 11:49 PM         #2221
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe sopcast?
 9 years ago '06        #2222
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
$57,564 | Props total: 11929 11929
 RakimAllahNY said:
maybe sopcast?
tell me it aint so i already copped espn U :(
 08-29-2007, 12:09 AM         #2223
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P. Dedos said:
tell me it aint so i already copped espn U :(

It will probaly be on it but Northwester will on ESPNU a long with other sh*t well worth the price.
 9 years ago '06        #2224
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:

It will probaly be on it but Northwester will on ESPNU a long with other sh*t well worth the price.
word i hope it dosent show lou holtz & mark day getting mad airtime:hang:

and i will be flipping channels whenever they talk about recruiting in football thats fo sho

Last edited by DEDOS; 08-29-2007 at 12:12 AM..
 9 years ago '04        #2225
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i need to stop bullsh*ttin and cop ESPNU, a n*gga missed out on alot of good games last season
 08-29-2007, 12:15 AM         #2226
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Check out my 25 hour ESPN thread
 9 years ago '05        #2227
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
i got espnu....but i have to work sat :banghead:....so im praying to god that sh*t comes out on sopcast.....i definately got the oklahoma game off aint no way in hell ima miss that game
 9 years ago '04        #2228
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Amid controversy, Northwestern has something special

[pic - click to view]

FOUR OF A KIND: Northwestern football players from left to right, Brandon Washington, Jacory Harris, Sean Spence and Aldarius Johnson will need to step up if the Bulls are to repeat as the Class 6A champions.

After Miami-Dade County Superintendent Rudy Crew briefly considered canceling the football season in July, he dismissed coach Roland Smith and the majority of his staff, and declared that the school would be put on a probationary period in the wake of last December's s3x scandal involving former running back Antwain Easterling.

Northwestern, which already had a new principal (Charles Hankerson) following a grand jury investigation of the Easterling scandal, hired a new athletic director (Earl Allick) and a new coaching staff headed by Billy Rolle, who returned to Northwestern after six seasons at k!llian.

''I've been blessed to have a good mom and dad, but it was hard for some of the guys who looked up to the former coaches as that father or big brother figure,'' senior defensive lineman Marcus Forston said.

``Coach Rolle really made us feel good when he came in. We told the guys give him a chance. Here's a guy that has gone through some of the same things we have when he was here the last time.''

Through it all, the Bulls relied on their close friendships to persevere through a tumultuous offseason that brought plenty of change to the nation's No. 1 ranked high school football team.

''The day after coach Smith got fired, Jacory and I brought the guys on the team together and told them to take two days off,'' Forston said. ``We called everyone back two days later and we ran our summer conditioning ourselves. We worked on drills and busted into a little 7-on-7. There were fans at the school watching us that couldn't believe there were no coaches around. That's when we knew we must really have something special here.''

While last year's state championship team is considered one of the best ever in Miami-Dade County, this year's squad has the potential to top it if it wins back-to-back titles for the first time in school history.

Northwestern will open the season ranked No. 2 nationally by Sports Illustrated and StudentSports.com, and Rolle has said he will not alter the formula on a team that scored 600 total points and returns eight starters on offense.

Harris (6-4, 175) is the nation's fourth-best quarterback by Rivals.com, and one of five players orally committed to the University of Miami. This summer, he became the first South Florida quarterback to be chosen to the EA Sports Elite 11 National Quarterback camp where he won the ''Best Footwork'' Award.

Wide receivers Aldarius Johnson (6-4, 200), the state's No. 7 overall prospect by Rivals.com and UM commitment, will try to best the county's single-season receiving records he set last year, and Tommy Streeter (6-6, 200) is entertaining offers from Alabama, Miami and South Carolina, after a stellar performance in Northwestern's 42-21 win against defending Class 3A champion Belle Glade Glades Central in the spring. Add to that talented senior receivers Kendal Thompkins, Brandon Drayton and Robert Demps, and you have one of the best receiving groups in the state.

Offensive lineman Brandon Washington (6-5, 280), who transferred from Edison, is the nation's No. 9 guard by Rivals.com and a UM commitment. He will anchor the line along with 6-5, 320-pound senior Terrell k!llings.

The one on-field question was who will replace Easterling's 2,503 yards and 33 touchdowns rushing?

Juniors Daquan Hargrett and Tyresse Jones, who were backups last year, and sophomore Corvin Lamb are the favorites for the starting role.

The defense that posted seven straight shutouts has seven starters back and is equally replete with Division I talent.

Forston (6-4, 305) is the nation's No. 2 defensive tackle and No. 15 overall prospect by Rivals.com. He starred at the University of Florida's Friday Night Lights camp in July and committed to UM shortly after. He will anchor the line with senior defensive end Ben Jones (6-5, 280), who missed last season with a knee injury, and has offers from UM, UF, FSU, LSU and Ohio State to name a few.

Senior Sean Spence (6-1, 200), a UM commitment, is the backbone of arguably the best linebacking corps in the state. Forston said senior Quavon Taylor (6-0, 195) is the hardest hitter on the team, and senior Levonte David (6-1, 200) has excellent quickness.

''Practicing on this team is practicing with the best,'' Washington said. ``These guys all deserve the rankings they've got because they are talented and they stay humble.''

Northwestern will make its bid for a national championship Sept. 15 when it takes on Southlake Carroll in a nationally-televised game in Dallas on ESPNU. Southlake Carroll has won 79 of the past 80 games, three straight Texas state titles, and was voted national champions last year by USA Today.

''The chance to play on national TV is not something every school can say,'' Forston said. ``We want to represent our community and our alumni in a good way.''

But representing off the field is paramount to the Bulls players.

Miami-Dade County Public Schools released a new student participation contract for county student-athletes earlier this month with strict guidelines for the Northwestern football team.

Forston said this season the Bulls will strive to change the negative perception that has lingered around the school in recent years.

''The first thing my mom asks me is about my report card, not the game,'' Forston said. ``That's the kind of stuff people don't see. They say we're a bunch of thugs playing football. We want to show everyone it's not like that at all.''
 9 years ago '04        #2229
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
Players to watch in Miami-Dade

DB
One of Dade's deepest positions annually doesn't disappoint this season. All five players should sign with Division I schools, including Wisconsin commitment Donovan Varner, right

[pic - click to view]

1. Brandon Harris - Booker T. Sr.
2. Travis Howard - Krop Sr.
3. Donovan Varner - Gulliver Sr.
4. Robert Sands - Carol City Sr.
5. Shawn Abuhoff - Dade Christ. Sr.

Others to watch

Derrick Crumpton - Columbus Sr.
Judah Linder - Edison Sr.
Lavarris Edwards - Bay Point Sr.
Kenneth Smith - Booker T. Sr.

LB
A ''punishing hits'' statistic should be kept for the monsters in this year's linebacker class. Two of the best are Homestead's Marcus Robinson and Krop's Etienne Sabino, right

[pic - click to view]

1. Marcus Robinson - Homestead Sr.
2. Etienne Sabino - Krop Sr.
3. Sean Spence - Northwestern Sr.
4. Brandon Marti - Gulliver Sr.
5. Malcolm Munroe - Coral Reef Sr.

Others to watch

Quan Fletcher - Krop Jr.
Quavon Taylor - Northwestern Sr.
Levonte David - Northwestern Sr.
Drayquan Crawford - South Miami Sr.
Tyrone Everett - Coral Gables Sr.
Rashard King - Miami Beach Sr.

DL
The sack club should get its share this season. Miami-Dade is the home of the top-rated defensive tackle in the nation -- Northwestern's Marcus Forston. The class is no slouch even without him. Look for a big year from Hialeah's Corey Liuget, right

[pic - click to view]

1. Marcus Forston - Northwestern Sr.
2. Corey Liuget - Hialeah Sr.
3. Benjamin Jones - Northwestern Sr.
4. Sean Ferguson - Norland Sr.
5. Johnathan Jackson - Booker T. Sr.

Others to watch

John Williams - Central Sr.
Chris Darbouze - Sunset Sr.
Brandon Taylor - Krop Jr.
Mike Smith - South Dade Sr.
Nicholas Bowers - Bay Point Sr.

OL
This group gets rid of any belief that big men can't be nimble on their feet. A prime example is Columbus' Mike Goodman, right, who will anchor one of the top running games in Dade this season

[pic - click to view]

1. Greg Shaw - Pace Sr.
2. Mike Goodman - Columbus Sr.
3. Brandon Washington - Northwestern Sr.
4. Chris Edgecomb - Southridge Sr.
5. Terrell k!llings - Northwestern Sr.

Others to watch

Kenneth White - Norland Sr.
Fernando Losada - Varela Sr.
Paul Lungren - Ferguson Sr.
Jonathan Inoa - Dade Christian Jr.

RB
Dade has its usual share of speed demons this season. Although the major college prospect figures to be k!llian junior Lamar Miller, right, who is already getting lots of interest from major schools, including Miami, North Miami Beach's Aaron Winchester is tops among returning backs

[pic - click to view]

1. Lamar Miller - k!llian Jr.
2. Aaron Winchester - N. Miami Beach Sr.
3. Paris Cotton - Hialeah Sr.
4. George Baker - Archbishop Carroll Sr.
5. Jaren Jones - Columbus Sr.

Others to watch

Kenny McKenzie - Dade Christian Sr.
Daquan Hargrett - Northwestern Jr.
Tyresse Jones - Northwestern Jr.
Aamar Bahr - Krop Sr.
Jakhari Gore - Columbus So.

WR
Rarely do two teams look as dominant at one position as Northwestern and Booker T. do this year. Booker T.'s Thearon Collier and Davon Johnson, right, should each make life easier for their quarterback this year

[pic - click to view]

1. Aldarius Johnson - Northwestern Sr.
2. Davon Johnson - Booker T. Sr.
3. Tommy Streeter - Northwestern Sr.
4. Thearon Collier - Booker T. Sr.
5. Kendal Thompkins - Northwestern Sr.

Others to watch

Marquise Law - American Sr.
Obie Dunn - South Miami Sr.
T.Y. Hilton - Miami Springs Sr.
Andrell Smith - Palmetto Sr.
Rodney Smith - Archbishop Carroll Jr.
Wilner Marcelin - Mater Academy Sr.

QB
Miami-Dade has one of its top classes ever for quarterbacks, led by UM commitment Jacory Harris. Booker T.'s Sancho McDonald should also go Division I, and Central's Jeffrey Godfrey, right, appears headed that route in two years

[pic - click to view]

1. Jacory Harris - Northwestern Sr.
2. Sancho McDonald - Booker T. Sr.
3. Jeffrey Godfrey - Central So.
4. Chris Gordon - Coral Gables Sr.
5. Nico Flores - N. Miami Beach Jr.

Others to watch

Victor Marc - Krop Jr.
Dan Parker - Columbus Sr.
Tamba Thompson - Homestead Sr.
Von Thomas - Pace Sr

lamar miller is gonna be amazing
 9 years ago '06        #2230
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
:wow:

good looks madness

:rasta:
 08-29-2007, 10:34 AM         #2231
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
We own that whole list
 9 years ago '05        #2232
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,950 | Props total: 5 5
I'm not sold on Kirby Freeman. I mean he's fast as fu*k, but I gotta see how the first few games go.
 9 years ago '04        #2233
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,785 | Props total: 1381 1381
 KingOnSlaught said:
aight cuz i am already lookin for one of them progs that broadcast espnU
try this site

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 08-29-2007 at 03:22 PM..
 08-29-2007, 08:28 PM         #2234
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

August 29, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Coaches have always said if a player is on the two-deep, even if he's a true freshman, that he'll play right away.

Which means there are already several first-year players guaranteed not to redshirt: WR Leonard Hankerson, RB Graig Cooper, OL Orlando Franklin, safety Joseph Nicolas and CB Demarcus Van Dyke.

But there are some other first-year players that are also expected to get playing time this season: WR Kayne Farquharson (a junior college transfer with a redshirt year available) and DBs Jared Campbell and Damien Berry.

If all of the aforementioned defensive backs play this year and players say based on what's been going on in practice with scout team this week that that's what will likely happen then there will be four true freshmen defensive backs in line for immediate action.

Berry says he'll be playing on "A couple of special teams and a little in the nickel package."

He added of the young defensive backs that "We're all coming along real great. All we need to work on is talking a little more not everyone is getting the calls in, but we're going to get that straight with communication."

Veteran safety Lovon Ponder hasn't seen more than one or two true freshmen defensive backs get immediate action at UM in a given year.

But he also hasn't seen young defensive backs with this kind of potential.

"We didn't come in with a lot of numbers at DB to start with, and they came in and did well," Ponder said. "It's a good thing for them that they can travel (with the team). Once you've been clarified as traveling, to me you're an upperclassman already."

Coach Randy Shannon said of the young DB's that "They're doing really well. That's the thing we've always had is skill guys, because skill guys are the ones that can help you out early. We're always going to recruit skill guys to come in and play early. These guys are going to contribute on special teams and play some in the game, which will build depth on this team and competition."

Defensive backs coach Wesley McGriff says "I think there's a lot of talent in that group. Of course they have to mature you have very few true freshmen that can come in and make a huge contribution. Now, you have some freshmen that can come in and make a contribution. And I see that in some of the DB's that we have as freshman. I see some of them coming in the first game, some of them coming in the fifth game, and some of them coming in later in the year and making a contribution. I see several of them making a contribution on special teams."

The lack of experienced depth at defensive back is mirrored at wide receiver, where it appears two newcomers will be playing right away.

Farquharson isn't listed in the official two deep but says he has worked against the scout team all week.

"I'm getting reps in practice, so I doubt (I'll redshirt)," Farquharson said. "I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it."
 9 years ago '04        #2235
Playnogames305 
space
space
space
$662 | Props total: 0 0
UM vets must earn jobs
Posted on Wed, Aug. 29, 2007Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
By BARRY JACKSON

There's no entitlement. That was the clear message as new UM coach Randy Shannon unveiled likely starters for Saturday's opener against Marshall. ''We're not going to play a guy just because he's a veteran,'' Shannon said.

And if a former starter is ''nicked up,'' like cornerback Glenn Sharpe? He becomes ''the low man on the totem poll,'' Shannon said. ''It's not personal.'' Chatter on some positions clarified Tuesday:

Quarterback: According to a UM person, here are four reasons Kirby Freeman won the job: superior mobility to Kyle Wright, a knack for getting his team into the end zone during drills, strong leadership skills and a willingness to take accountability for mistakes. We're told that Freeman was preferred by most of the staff.

Running back: Shannon left the starting job unresolved between Javarris James and Graig Cooper, but both will play a lot. Cooper said he is being used at times as a slot receiver in practice, to get both on the field together.

Receiver: With Sam Shields suspended for one game, Khalil Jones is the surprise starter opposite Lance Leggett. ''Khalil had problems catching the ball in the past but not anymore,'' James said. Darnell Jenkins is listed behind Jones, but that's partly because Jenkins has been playing the slot and ''we may line up with three receivers and without a fullback and then Darnell is starting,'' Shannon said.

Offensive line: Jason Fox, Reggie Youngblood and Chris Rutledge will share time at the tackles so ''each can get about 50 plays [and] wear other teams down,'' Shannon said. Although Orlando Franklin opened camp ahead of Andrew Bain, Shannon said he was impressed by how Bain responded, and he won the spot at left guard for Week 1, with Derrick Morse at right guard. ''If Franklin doesn't push Bain, we stay average on the offensive line,'' Shannon said. For more on new center John Rochford, see page 5D.

Defensive line: One surprise: Dwayne Hendricks -- who has skills that Morse compared to deceased former Cane Bryan Pata -- starts at one tackle spot ahead of slightly injured Josh Holmes and Antonio Dixon. ''We're going with the guy who has been the most consistent,'' defensive line coach Clint Hurtt said. ``Dwayne's very good in the running game.''

Linebacker: Tavares Gooden, who bemoaned a few weeks ago how he hasn't fulfilled expectations, recently started getting a lot of time at middle linebacker and won the job over Darryl Sharpton, who can't stay healthy. Shannon liked Gooden's experience. Coaches have been buzzing about Spencer Adkins, who won the weak-side job, with Colin McCarthy at strong side.

Defensive backs: Freshman DeMarcus Van Dyke -- ''who's big, fast and can make a lot of plays,'' Shannon said -- won one cornerback job, with Randy Phillips/Carlos Armour still battling for the other. When front-runner Phillips missed time last week, ''Armour did such a great job, there's now competition,'' Shannon said. . . . The safety spot alongside Kenny Phillips remains open between Lovon Ponder and Willie Cooper.

Walk-on Francesco Zampogna won the place-kicker job because he was the most consistent on field goals. ''He reminds me of the Carlos Huerta situation,'' Shannon said. . . . Cooper, who won the punt-return job, dropped several punts earlier in camp but said he has corrected that.
 9 years ago '06        #2236
DEDOS 120 heat pts120
space
space
we ready we ready we ready we ready
 08-30-2007, 06:32 PM         #2237
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rakim, can we get that article on Nix and the offense that came out today..

Thanks.
 9 years ago '04        #2238
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
for those who aint got ESPNU, including myself

check back on saturday
 9 years ago '05        #2239
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,894 | Props total: 289 289
^^^ the site u posted didnt post the game that was actually airing on espnu....which was louisville / murray state

all those espn games were on espn360 tho....
>>>> check it out

fu*k ima be so pissed on sat

Last edited by Deeangoe; 08-30-2007 at 09:59 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #2240
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
dammit im gonna watch the game. even if i have to watch through somebody's window. lol.

but seriously CSS replays Miami games on Wednsday's at 12 PM and 7 PM
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Only A Matter Of A Time
104 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside "Here Lies Drake... Bodied By A Acting N!gga AGAIN": Shia LaBouef Confi..
135 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Chick With The A$$ From J. Cole's False Prophets Video...
70 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jim Jones Responds To Cam'ron: You A F*ck Boy With No Honor
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chris Pratt Keeps Cropping Jennifer Lawrence Out of Photos & It Never ..
46 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Police: Man kills parents, dismembers and dissolves bodies after than..
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside TMZ - 50 Cent Wins $14.5 Million From His Former Lawyers
55 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside China Warns iPhones Have A Serious Problem
16 comments
21 hours ago