Video inside The right way to heat up PIZZA!! Changed my life
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Kim Kardashian Allegedly Wants A Divorce From Kanye West
116 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
67 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 9 years ago '04        #2121
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,795 | Props total: 1400 1400
 ANOMOLIE said:
It's gonna be fun watching Northwestern. I enjoy watching Streeter,Johnson and Harris. So much talent.
dont forget Booker T Washington and Miami Commits Thearon Collier and Davon Johnson(Wr's) along with CB prospect Brandon Harris take on South Carolina's Summerville team with the Tremendous WR AJ Green..Georgia Commit

this saturday on ESPN
 9 years ago '07        #2122
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,219 | Props total: 7 7
ok so what is the over all feeling for everyone here about the move i think is great for the player the program the school and us fans
 08-23-2007, 01:55 PM         #2123
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingOnSlaught said:
ok so what is the over all feeling for everyone here about the move i think is great for the player the program the school and us fans
First off that sig is clean as hell. And to your point, I agree 100%. Obviously the best thing would be our own stadium on campus (which will never ever ever happen) but this is the next best thing. There upgrading it and by 2010 it will be one of the best in the country. It can only help with recruits and other sh*t. But we all know how tough we were in the OB, I know it players but damn when we had that winning streak going and 00-03 we were so tough in that place.
 08-23-2007, 03:33 PM         #2124
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August 23, 2007

CaneSport News Wire

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

Sixteen home games and 12 games versus 2007 postseason tournament teams highlight the 2007-08 University of Miami men's basketball schedule released today.

Fourth-year head coach Frank Haith and the Hurricanes will host 16 games at the BankUnited Center this season including a match-up with 2007 ACC Tournament Champion North Carolina (Jan. 23) as well as games against 2007 NCAA Tournament participants Georgia Tech (Jan. 12), Duke (Feb. 20), Maryland (Feb. 23), Virginia (March 1) and Boston College (March 4).

This year's schedule will also feature at least 18 television games including a nationally televised contest on ABC Feb. 2 at Duke.

"We are extremely excited about this year's schedule," said Haith. "Having the opportunity to play against some of the best teams in the country game-in and game-out will definitely be a challenge, but it's a challenge we look forward to."

The Hurricanes open the season Nov. 10, hosting in-state counterpart Florida Southern - one of six Florida-based opponents on the schedule - at the BankUnited Center.

Following a three-game home-stand against Morgan State (Nov. 24), Alabama State (Nov. 28) and former BIG EAST rival St. John's (Dec. 2), Miami takes on intra-city rival Florida International (Dec. 8) at Pharmed Arena.

Miami returns home from a Dec. 13 match-up with 2007 NIT semi-finalist Mississippi State in Starkville, Miss. to take on Stetson (Dec. 17), North Florida (Dec. 20) and North Carolina A&T (Dec. 23) before squaring off with Winthrop, who advanced to the second round of the 2007 NCAA Tournament and concluded the season ranked No. 22, Dec. 29 at the 2007 MetroPCS Orange Bowl Classic in Sunrise, Fla.

Wrapping up the non-conference schedule Jan. 2 against Penn, the Hurricanes open the ACC schedule at home Jan. 12 against Georgia Tech.

The 55th-Annual ACC Men's Basketball Men's Basketball Tournament will be held March 13-16 at Charlotte Bobcats Arena in Charlotte, N.C.

The schedule:

11/6/2007; vs. Barry (Exhib.) !; Coral Gables, Fla.; 7:30 p.m.

11/10/2007; vs. Florida Southern; Coral Gables, Fla.; 4:30 p.m.

11/24/2007; vs. Morgan State; Coral Gables, Fla.; 1:00 p.m.

11/28/2007; vs. Alabama State; Coral Gables, Fla.; 7:30 p.m.

12/2/2007; vs. St. John's; Coral Gables, Fla.; 4:00 p.m.

12/8/2007; at Florida International; Miami, Fla.; TBA

12/13/2007; at Mississippi State; Starkville, Miss.; 9:00 p.m.

12/17/2007; vs. Stetson; Coral Gables, Fla.; 9:00 p.m.

12/20/2007; vs. North Florida; Coral Gables, Fla.; TBA

12/23/2007; vs. North Carolina A&T; Coral Gables, Fla.; 1:00 p.m.

MetroPCS Orange Bowl Classic 12/29/2007 vs. Winthrop; Sunrise, Fla.; 4:30 p.m.

1/2/2008; vs. Penn; Coral Gables, Fla.; TBA

1/12/2008; vs. Georgia Tech *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 2:00 p.m.

1/15/2008; at Boston College *; Chestnut Hill, Mass.; 9:00 p.m.

1/19/2008; at North Carolina State *; Raleigh, N.C.; 8:00 p.m.

1/23/2008; vs. North Carolina *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 9:00 p.m.

1/27/2008; vs. Clemson *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 1:00 p.m.

1/29/2008; at Wake Forest *; Winston-Salem, N.C.; 7:00 p.m.

2/2/2008; at Duke *; Durham, N.C.; 3:30 p.m.

2/6/2008; vs. Florida State *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 7:30 p.m.

2/9/2008; at Virginia Tech; Blacksburg, Va.; 2:00 p.m.

2/17/2008; at Georgia Tech *; Atlanta, Ga.; 1:00 p.m.

2/20/2008; vs. Duke *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 12:00 p.m.

2/23/2008; vs. Maryland *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 2:00 p.m.

2/27/2008; at Clemson *; Clemson, S.C.; 7:30 p.m.

3/1/2008; vs. Virginia *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 2:00 p.m.

3/5/2008; vs. Boston College *; Coral Gables, Fla.; 7:00 p.m.

3/8/2008; at Florida State *; Tallahassee, Fla.; 12:00 p.m.
 08-23-2007, 06:59 PM         #2125
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Turns out there has been a Spy with a Video Camera at Football Practice..
 08-23-2007, 07:34 PM         #2126
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August 23, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

The Hurricanes did their first scout team work of the fall today.

"We worked a little bit on Marshall," coach Randy Shannon said. "We got done quickly and worked fast. The guys were enthusiastic. We had a couple of mistakes here and there, but for the most part, we were upbeat and guys flew around."

There were some nice plays by the defense in scout team work: Chavez Grant and Kenny Phillips had interceptions, and Tavares Gooden did a nice job breaking up a couple of passes.

"The defensive line got pressure, the corners did an excellent job of covering today," CB Carlos Armour said.

* Several players that have been limited in recent day were participating fully today: Randy Phillips, Colin McCarthy (who practiced with his right calf taped), Carlos Armour, Teraz McCray and Josh Holmes.

Kyle Wright was also doing the day's work and coach Randy Shannon said he "Practiced today, was full go."

CB [/db]Glenn Sharpe[/db] is a key player that remains out.

"We've got DBs," Shannon said. "We're very enthused by what we have at corner. Carlos got a lot of reps in practice, Randy missed the scrimmage but he's back, Demarcus VanDyke is coming along well. We've got depth. We've just got to keep going."

Randy Phillips said he's fully healthy.

"I was working with the first team today," he said. "The defense is looking great."

Carlos Armour was the primary first team cornerback across from Phillips today. If Glenn Sharpe doesn't return by Tuesday I appears Armour is poised to be a starter against Marshall.

* Richard Gordon says he's splitting first team reps with Dajleon Farr at tight end.

"I believe I'll play a lot this year," Gordon said.

* Kicker Daren Daly says he still has no idea who will be the starting placekicker against Marshall.

All three kickers continue to rotate with the first team.

"You probably know as much as we do (about who will start)," Daly said.

Asked if he thinks he'll be the starter, Daly said, "I think if I keep kicking the way I have been I have nothing to worry about."

Daly did his kicking work and also played receiver with the scout team today.

"I didn't have any catches," he said.

Was he open?

"Nah, I wasn't really open," he said, adding, "I wouldn't throw the ball to me either."

* Shannon said he is concerned by a spy holding a video camera that was lurking in the parking garage overlooking Greentree Practice Field.

Shannon said security had the man leave, but that the man returned again.

Shannon says if it happens again that UM will call police and have him arrested.

"You know what is bad about trying to have a practice is when you have guys that sneak into the garage over there," Shannon said. "(He has) been trying to tape our practice for the last two days. We don't even know who it is, we can't catch the guy. That is a discouraging thing, when you are trying to do something, that somebody is at practice and you don't know if they are for Marshall or against you. You don't know, and that is the hard thing in trying to get things done. Guys sneak in, you run them out and they come back. That's the discouraging thing."

* Glenn Cook was at practice today with a boot on his left foot. He remains out for the foreseeable future.

* Shannon indicated he will be using a lot of different players on the offensive line in games.

"The more we can get guys on the field that are rested, the better we'll be on offense," Shannon said. "Just like we've done for years on defense, we want to rotate guys. If we're able to rotate guys where they're playing 35-40 snaps a game instead of 80 snaps, we'll be fresh and we can wear teams down like that. If you're able to have depth along the offensive line, you'll take it and run with it."

* Shannon said he will release the team's full depth chart on Tuesday, when he is also set to announce the starting quarterback.
 9 years ago '05        #2127
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 290 290
hooooly shiit i must be living under a rock....the season starts next sat...fu*k have i been lost
 9 years ago '07        #2128
Chevyman 
space
space
space
$573 | Props total: 0 0
i say yes prop me if ur a hurrricaneeeessss fan and get prop back go Canes
 9 years ago '04        #2129
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
fu*k losing a game, i'm tryin to go 12-0

but realistically, its a new coaching staff, a new offense, it'll take some time to mesh....so i say 9-3 and ranked between 11th-15th at the end of the year
 08-24-2007, 01:10 AM         #2130
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Always good to see new Hurricane fans. And yes I think at the end we will be ranked. I figure by end of the year the offense will be clicking and the defense will still be one of the best
 08-24-2007, 02:18 AM         #2131
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No reason they shouldn't be.....They reloaded this past offseason......and long as I've lived, the canes not in the mix of somethin is kinda like an off year for them......

I say they'll be at least in the top ten...........

Hell they might even meet up with my team in the championship

Good luck y'all
 08-24-2007, 06:39 AM         #2132
Sh0wty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea, I believe they will be ranked... 2-3 Losses by the end of the year .
 9 years ago '07        #2133
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,135 | Props total: 8 8
does anyone know the full TV scedelue for the upcoming season
 08-24-2007, 12:10 PM         #2134
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Miami-FL Hurricanes 2007
ROSTER · DEPTH CHART · STATS · SCORES · SCHEDULE · LEADERS · STANDINGS · RANKINGS

Date Opponent* Result Record
Sept. 1, 2007 Marshall (ESPNU) 12:00 pm ET
Sept. 8, 2007 at Oklahoma (ABC) 12:00 pm ET
Sept. 15, 2007 Florida Int'l (ESPNU) 3:30 pm ET
Sept. 20, 2007 Texas A&M (ESPN) 7:45 pm ET
Sept. 29, 2007 Duke TBA
Oct. 6, 2007 at North Carolina TBA
Oct. 13, 2007 Georgia Tech TBA
Oct. 20, 2007 at Florida State TBA
Nov. 3, 2007 NC State TBA
Nov. 10, 2007 Virginia TBA
Nov. 17, 2007 at Virginia Tech TBA
Nov. 24, 2007 at Boston College TBA

This is it so far
 9 years ago '04        #2135
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 Simba said:

Hell they might even meet up with my team in the championship
 08-24-2007, 07:49 PM         #2136
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
August 24, 2007

CaneSport.com Staff

It appears the Canes will have a new look at cornerback for the start of the season.

With Randy Phillips and Glenn Sharpe nicked up, the team is preparing to start Carlos Armour and true freshman Demarcus VanDyke against Marshall.

Both players say they expect to be the starters when the depth chart is released on Tuesday.

"We're doing what's been asked of us, are coming out flying around and making plays," Armour said.

Van Dyke says when he came into Miami he was told he had a good chance to play.

But he never thought he'd be in the position he is now – working with the first team.

"I'm just learning the technique and coverage," Van Dyke said. "I'm just taking it one day at a time. Coaches are telling me to keep working hard and doing my thing and that I'll be working with the ones all day."

The depth chart will not be official until Tuesday. The current first teamers looks like this:

OL: Tackles Reggie Youngblood and Jason Fox, guards Derrick Morse (backed up by Joel Figueroa) and Andrew Bain (Orlando Franklin is now backing him up), center is expected to be either John Rochford or AJ Trump (they continue to split reps)

DL: Ends Calais Campbell, Eric Moncur, tackles Josh Holmes (although he is slightly injured, word is he is currently considered a starter – Antonio Dixon would be the next player in if Holmes won't be ready) and Teraz McCray.

LB: Tavares Gooden, Darryl Sharpton, Colin McCarthy

DB: Cornerbacks Demarcus Van Dyke and Carlos Armour, safeties Willie Cooper and Kenny Phillips (with Lovon Ponder backing up both spots)

:wow::wow: They need to give that sh*t to my boy Doug Wiggins..
 9 years ago '04        #2137
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,689 | Props total: 474 474
i think DVD is gonna do well, plus once he puts on some weight, he'll be a stud
 08-24-2007, 11:36 PM         #2138
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Canes still looking for a starter under center
Schlabach

By Mark Schlabach
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: August 23, 2007

* Comment
* Email
* Print

Great quarterbacks long have been the face of Miami's football program. The school that won five national championships and once set the standard for college football produced NFL Hall of Famer Jim Kelly, Heisman Trophy winners Vinny Testaverde and Gino Torretta and All-Americans Steve Walsh and Ken Dorsey.

Kyle Wright

Eliot J. Schechter/Getty Images

Kyle Wright entered the past two seasons as Miami's starting quarterback.
But in new Hurricanes coach Randy Shannon's first preseason camp, the quarterbacks haven't grabbed headlines. Shannon, the former defensive coordinator who succeeded Larry Coker as coach, has made his quarterbacks off-limits to the media. Shannon apparently wanted no distractions while senior Kyle Wright and junior Kirby Freeman battled for the starting job.

No big deal. Given the school's rich tradition in the passing game, Miami's quarterbacks have been rather anonymous since Dorsey left in 2002.

In two seasons as a starter, Wright has been unable to lead the Hurricanes back to the upper echelon of the sport. Inconsistent play in the pocket is a big reason Miami fell on hard times the past two seasons, leading to Coker's firing even after winning a national championship in 2001 and compiling a 35-3 record in his first three seasons.

In the past three seasons, when Miami lost three times as many games as it did from 2000 to 2003, the Hurricanes ranked no better than 43rd in passing in Division I-A.

In fact, Miami (Ohio) threw the ball much better than the U. in each of the past three seasons.

"I think our quarterback situation is a little bit crazy right now," defensive end Calais Campbell said. "But whoever gets the nod has the potential of being a great quarterback. Kyle is tall and strong and has all the potential of being a quarterback like Ken Dorsey or Vinny Testaverde. Kirby has a lot of savvy on the field and is very athletic."

Wright, a 6-foot-4, 225-pound native of Danville, Calif., was the country's most highly recruited quarterback during his senior season at Monte Vista High School in 2002. After redshirting as a freshman and playing behind Brock Berlin in 2004, Wright entered each of the past two seasons as the team's starter. He led the ACC with 18 touchdown passes in 2005 but struggled last season before missing the final four games with a broken thumb.

Freeman, from Brownwood, Texas, didn't fare much better in four games as a starter. He threw five interceptions in his first three starts, but rebounded to throw for 272 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-20 victory over Nevada in the MPC Computers Bowl.

After three weeks of preseason camp, Shannon and new offensive coordinator Patrick Nix aren't revealing much about which quarterback will start this season. Nix said a starter will be named by Tuesday, four days before Miami's opener against Marshall.

Kirby Freeman

Doug Benc/Getty Images

Kirby Freeman threw for 181 yards and one touchdown in Miami's win over Boston College in 2006.
"Both of them have done great," Nix said. "They've both progressed well, competed well and practiced well. I sat down with both of them and told them this is a whole different ballgame. I told them both of them would have an equal shot to win the job and there would be an open competition."

Nix, who left Georgia Tech to take over Miami's offense, wouldn't rule out playing both quarterbacks this season. Shannon also hinted last month that he wouldn't be opposed to rotating quarterbacks.

"Those guys have done a great job," Shannon said. "The players love them. We've had players come up and say, 'Hey, Coach, we've got two quarterbacks we're confident with.' Whatever we have to do at quarterback to win games, we're going to do it. If we have to play two quarterbacks to win games, we'll do it."

Rebuilding Wright's confidence was one of Shannon's first tasks as head coach. Wright has been much-maligned at Miami after arriving with such high expectations. He has a 14-7 record as a starter after the Hurricanes lost four of five games he started last season.

Playing at a quarterback factory such as Miami might be additional pressure, but Nix said his quarterbacks aren't under any more scrutiny than quarterbacks elsewhere.

"I don't think so," Nix said. "I think there's a lot of pressure at every university in this country. I know there was a lot of pressure on the quarterbacks at Auburn when I played there. I know there was a lot of pressure on the quarterbacks at Georgia Tech. I'm sure the past quarterbacks that played here would like to think there's more pressure because of what they accomplished, but there's pressure everywhere."

Miami's dearth of big-play receivers hasn't helped its quarterbacks. Oft-troubled receiver Ryan Moore was a big-play threat, but he played in only five games before he was kicked off the team last year. Tight end Greg Olsen led the team with 40 catches last season.

"Look at John David b00ty at Southern Cal," Campbell said. "Dwayne Jarrett made him look really good."

The Hurricanes' running game might make the quarterbacks look better this year. Sophomore tailback Javarris James, a cousin of former Miami and current Arizona Cardinals running back Edgerrin James, ran for 802 yards and four touchdowns last season, the second-highest rushing total by a Hurricanes freshman. Graig Cooper, who enrolled at Miami this spring after spending the fall at a prep school, has been just as impressive in preseason camp.

"You don't need a great quarterback to throw the ball 20 times down the field or always go for the long ball," Shannon said. "I always tell people that John Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until he got that tailback."

Shannon said he has encouraged Wright to worry less about throwing vertically, even though the quarterback has been criticized for being too conservative in the past.

During one meeting, Shannon asked Wright to recall his longest pass play at Miami. It was a 92-yard touchdown to Sinorice Moss in a 34-3 win at Temple in 2005.

"It was a 1-yard hitch to Moss," Shannon said. "He was a great athlete, one guy missed and it was a touchdown. It doesn't always have to be the deep ball. Sometimes, a quarterback's first instinct is to always throw the ball deep."

If nothing else, senior offensive lineman Derrick Morse said, the Hurricanes will be less predictable this season.

"My mom doesn't know anything about football, and she knew what was going to be called last year," Morse said.

The question remains: Who will be making the calls in the huddle?
 08-25-2007, 01:24 PM         #2139
-Scar- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where everybody get the lil thing in your sigs to rep your teams?

just tryin to get my SC...
 08-25-2007, 02:09 PM         #2140
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
New Sig Bar.. I got everyone the Hurricane one. I'll try to find a USC one if not I'll make one.

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX who the fu-k is this!!!!?
63 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside BX, Riddle me this .....
208 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Dak & Zeke Partying in Dallas Nightclub on Monday Night
66 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Busted On Social Media
88 comments
1 day ago