Miami Hurricanes

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Praise Yeezus! Taylors Swift Shut Out of MTV VMA's After Getting Expos..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Nas & Erykah Badu - This Bitter Land
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kevin Durant Reportedly Told Russell Westbrook He'd Re-Sign with Thunder
85 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Aaron Rodgers reluctantly addresses his brother’s comments
45 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props
 09-19-2006, 08:34 PM         #1
579015 pageviews
15070 comments

Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Miami Hurricanes

This is for all Hurricane stuff. Recruiting,news,videos, youtube hits what not.. Keep the Cane hate outta here, if you wanna hate talk to the 5 National Championships we have in 22 years.. Or else you finna to get your noodle whipped

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Hurricane Ra; 04-11-2010 at 07:56 PM..

15070 comments for "Miami Hurricanes"

09-19-2006, 08:35 PM         #2
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 19, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
James Bryant had enough of working as a fourth-team linebacker.

After Saturday's loss, he asked coaches to move to H-back. He is now back on offense.

"They said, `Let's do it,'" Bryant said.

Last year Bryant played fullback. The fullback position has been replaced by the H-back in the new offensive system.

"I just have to play ball," Bryant said. "Offense, defense, wherever they need me, that's where I need to be."

There could be an opportunity for Bryant to get some playing time against Houston if he picks things up quickly enough.

"I have to pick up the schemes just like I did last year and just play ball," Bryant said.

Bryant could have a chance to play in two weeks because starting H-back Chris Zellner is on crutches with a cast around his sprained ankle. Zellner told CaneSport today that he's hopeful he'll be ready for Houston.

But it's far from a sure thing.

Quarterback Kyle Wright is excited about having Bryant back on offense.

"James came to me yesterday, said he's tired of seeing everything that's going on and wants to have a contribution to the team besides special teams and thinks it would be best if he comes back on offense," Wright said. "He's a passionate player. It's good to have that type of passion and energy back on offense. I threw him a flat route for 25 yards today. He looked natural when he caught it, turned right upfield."

* Teraz McCray is the new first-team defensive tackle opposite Bryan Pata. Kareem Brown is now a second-teamer along with Dwayne Hendricks. Antonio Dixon is bothered by a knee injury, which is why Hendricks is working with the second team.

Pata did not start against Louisville because he was late to a team meeting last week.

* Center Anthony Wollschlager may have summed up the team's mood best when he said of UM's current situation, "It sucks being 1-2. We're coping with it. You just have to look yourself in the mirror, say `Hey, how can I get myself better today?'

"That's what everybody's got to do. We have to focus on ourselves to get ourselves better. Nobody's beating us right now. We're beating ourselves. And that is evident. If we focus on ourselves, there's not too many teams that can beat us."

* Linebacker Jon Beason had a message today: "You put that U on the side of your helmet, that's a tradition you have to uphold," he said. "And we're out here setting negative records. The Peach Bowl loss, the first time out of the Top 25 ... It hurts, man. It's sad. You talk to the older guys in the NFL, they're hearing it from coaches and players, friends. It hurts them, too. It's up to us to focus up and stop making so many mistakes. Myself included -- Saturday I had too many mentals. I was trying to do too much instead of doing my job."

Tavares Gooden added, "Right now we're just going to use our speed, because that's what Miami's known for. We haven't really used our speed so far. [Coaches are] making us sprint to every drill now, sprint everywhere so that Miami comes out there and we're flying around like the old Miami.

"We have to go out there and play Miami ball and execute. We can't act three series like we're big and bad and then lay down the fourth series. We have a young offense, so on defense we have to go out and do our thing, can't make mistakes. People out here, you have to have heart. You've got to run, bust your butt, play hard. You'll come out victorious every time if you do that."

* Larry Coker held a meeting with the team on Sunday. Players say his basic message was they have to stay focused, and that he was yelling and animated throughout.

* In injury news, Coker said OG Andrew Bain (fluid in knee) is being evaluated.

WR Darnell Jenkins said reports that he will miss three to four weeks are incorrect.

"Two weeks at the most," he said. "Probably Houston."

Jenkins says he has a torn PCL in his knee but that it isn't something he thinks will keep him from playing.

"I have to get the fluid drained," Jenkins said. "I could (play vs. Houston)."

* Larry Coker said after today's practice that the team "practiced extremely hard, had a good day. The spirit was great. It's a time for us to get better as a football team. We're coaching hard, practicing hard."

* The team practiced in full pads for two hours this afternoon.

Calais Campbell said today was the most intense in-season practice he's gone through at Miami.

"It was more physical, real intense," Campbell said. "It was just real intense. We were concentrating on getting better, on Miami."

Beason added, "Today we did a lot of no-huddle. No calls in. Just trying to get guys lined up, making corrections while people are going. The offense is lined up and ready to snap the ball, we have to get lined up."

* Coker said he expects Reggie Youngblood (ankle) to be ready for the Houston game.

* Coker was pumped up before practice, yelling `Let's go, let's go' as the team performed its coming out drill.
 09-19-2006, 08:36 PM         #3
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 18, 2006

Gary Ferman, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Monsignor Pace High School cornerback and Cane commitment Demarcus VanDyke isn't following the path of fellow UM recruit Chris Perry, who CaneSport reported as a decommitment yesterday.

"I'm still solid to Miami," VanDyke said. "Other programs are calling me, they're rubbing it in (how UM is 1-2), saying `We're 3-0 and won our last game.' They just tell me how their season's going.

"I talked to (fellow commitment) Damien Berry about the game yesterday. We were disappointed, but it won't affect his commitment either."

VanDyke last spoke with Cane coaches before the Louisville game.

"I talked to Randy Shannon," he said. "He's supposed to come to my game this Thursday against Edison. We talked about how the season's going, touched bases."

And VanDyke said Shannon indicated he could come in and play offense.

"Coach Shannon said I'll get a shot at wide receiver," VanDyke siad. "It doesn't matter if I play offense or defense as long as the team wins."

So far this year VanDyke's team has a 4-0 record. He has six receptions for 148 yards and two touchdowns. He's also rushed three times for 73 yards and a score. On defense he has four interceptions, returning one for a 55-yard touchdown against Key West last Friday.

Of watching the Louisville game and the 1-2 start to the year for Miami, VanDyke said, "They'll get back. We still have a shot of going to the BCS game. That wasn't an ACC game.

"I'm disappointed we lost, but I'm excited to have a chance to play as a true freshman."
 09-19-2006, 08:37 PM         #4
WillyHBonnie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ finna get your noodle whipped... thanks for Kellen
 09-19-2006, 08:39 PM         #5
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Matt Shodell, CaneSport Magazine

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Baton Rouge (LA) Southern Lab High School DB Chad Jones lists a top five of Miami, LSU, Florida, FSU and Auburn.

But he says it remains a Miami-LSU battle.

"That's my top two," he says.

Jones says he will "definitely" take an official visit to Miami.

He has not yet set up any visits.

But Jones says he's disheartened that he hasn't heard from Cane coaches recently.

"It's been a while, since before the summer (dead period)," the 6-foot-3, 215-pound receiver/defensive back said. "I've been talking to other coaches.

"I guess it's sending a message that they might not be interested anymore. I don't know what's been going on."

Is it possible the Canes think Jones, who previously listed a UM offer, is an LSU lock?

If that's the case, he says it's not so.

But he did attend the LSU-Auburn game this weekend.

"It was a very interesting game," Jones said.

As for UM's 1-2 start this season, Jones said, "They're in my top two. I've always wanted to go to Miami. They have a new coaching staff, but I don't know what's going on with them."

* So far this season Jones has two interceptions and three touchdowns (one on an 87-yard punt return and two on catches).

He says he expects to play safety in college.
 09-19-2006, 08:40 PM         #6
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ya William no doubt.. Other teams should say thanks.. You hear me Ravens and Washington? You too Giants and how about Buffalo?
 09-20-2006, 12:15 AM         #7
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
September 19, 2006

CaneSport.com Staff

Talk about it in Gary Ferman's War Room
Kyle Wright Q&A

Q: You must hear a lot of rumors swirling around Larry Coker's job status.

Wright: It's something I'm not personally worried about. None of my teammates seem to worry about it either. Like coach Coker said, `It's about Miami.' And that's going out and getting better every single day. We can't afford to take any steps back. Today was our first step in the right direction.

Q: Is this a good time for a bye?

Wright: I don't think after a loss it's a good or bad time. After this past game we've watched film over and over, are really putting in perspective what we want to do here. If we want to be mediocre at best, like we were doing Saturday, then we can keep doing what we're doing. If we want to get better and still make an ACC championship and go to a BCS game, there's a lot of things that need to change, starting with our attitude. Today was a step in the right direction. We were focused, had energy. Nobody took a play off. There were very little mental mistakes.

Q: Is there an effort problem?

Wright: I don't think you could question our effort on Saturday. Watching the film, guys played hard. Could we have played harder? I don't know if we could have. Could we have played smarter? We could have played a lot smarter. And that's something we have to get better at. Our effort, strength and speed is there. It's guys' mental mindset, and that's what we need to change.

Q: How do you get the downfield passing game to click better?

Wright: I don't say it's a big issue because we hit a few on Saturday. When protection is suspect at times, it's tough to get in a rhythm. You can't just go out and throw the ball deep just because you want to. After the first one we hit, they really respected us, stopped biting on things. We had chances to get the ball up the field and didn't execute doing it. We tried to take a couple of shots and I ended up getting hit both times. One I fumbled, which was in a crucial situation. Another time I got hit from behind. Overall, just everything we need to get better at.

Q: How are you coping mentally?

Wright: Adversity is going to test character. We're facing adverse times, and it's going to test our character. It's easy to be a leader when things are going good. When things are clicking it's easy to be positive and be a leader. Myself and other guys need to take it upon ourselves to rally our team and not accept mediocrity. These next couple of weeks are the perfect opportunity for us to get it moving back in the right direction.

Q: Are you doing anything different now?

Wright: Just a bigger sense of urgency. Today our attitude and our focus has completely shifted. I think we just got a reality check.

Q: Some said the team just didn't seem to have a fire in it in the second half at Louisville.

Wright: At the end of the game I told the guys `If you're going to quit, go in the locker room now. Take your stuff and go in the locker room.' Quitting is not going to be accepted. I said `If you're going down, you better go down swinging.'

Q: You only have one touchdown pass this year.

Wright: We can only get better. The way we played Saturday is not going to get it done. There's only one thing we can do. That's going out and giving constant effort every play. It's my job to stay on these guys and not let anyone take a play off.

Q: With the rumors swirling around coach Coker, how does that affect recruiting? Wouldn't that make someone think twice about coming to Miami?

Wright: If a recruit is going to commit to a coach, it's the wrong reason to come to a school. I came to the University of Miami for the University of Miami. I've lost all the offensive coaches and I'm here, everybody's still here plugging along. If a recruit is going to commit to a school off a coach -- a coach can be gone, go to another school and coach the next year. If a player wants to go to another school and transfer, they have to sit out. So no matter where you go, a kid has to make a decision based on he's the one running sprints, getting up early to go to meetings. You have to commit to the school. I love my coaches, but you can't commit to the coaches because things can change.
 09-20-2006, 02:25 PM         #8
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WillyHBonnie said:
@ finna get your noodle whipped... thanks for Kellen

canes are wassup... people hatin cuz i like bith yall and my school... byt iss all love for ther U baby, we not even in the same confrence :applause: :applause: :applause:
 10 years ago '05        #9
BOUNCER06 
space
space
$4,675 | Props total: 0 0
thanks for reggie wayne.. and the years with edge
 09-20-2006, 02:32 PM         #10
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BOUNCER06 said:
thanks for reggie wayne.. and the years with edge

thanks for sinorice moss.... and santana.... and jonathan vilma..... and ray lewis and ed reed....
 09-20-2006, 03:19 PM         #11
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
classic sh*t
 09-20-2006, 03:37 PM         #12
WillyHBonnie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, Miami does seem to produce high quality talent year after year...
 09-20-2006, 03:38 PM         #13
WillyHBonnie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Except Butch Davis. lol
 09-20-2006, 03:58 PM         #14
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Updated: Sep. 20, 2006, 2:50 PM ET
Reeling Canes have lost four of last six games
By Jorge Milian
Special to ESPN.com

For Brandon Meriweather, the realization of how far the Miami Hurricanes have fallen came Sunday afternoon when the a.ssociated Press Top 25 poll excluded the school from its rankings for the first time in 107 weeks -- the longest active run in college football.

"That's the part that hurts me the worst," said Meriweather, a senior free safety. "Knowing that we're not even considered to be a Top 25 team is really getting up under my skin."

Larry Coker
Brian Tietz/US PRESSWIRE
The heat is on Miami coach Larry Coker after the Canes' loss to Louisville.

But, be a.ssured, Meriweather doesn't think the Hurricanes are getting a raw deal from voters.

"Right now, we're playing like we're a Division II school," he said.

A bad Division II school.

Miami's latest nationally televised debacle took place Saturday during a 31-7 beating at the hands of Louisville.

During pregame warm-ups, Miami's players nearly caused a brawl between the two teams by stomping on Louisville's cardinal logo at midfield. Louisville spent the rest off the afternoon stomping on the Hurricanes.

"It's pretty obvious today we were embarrassed," coach Larry Coker said after the game. "Our coaches were embarrassed, our players were embarrassed. We're obviously not a good football team."

The loss was Miami's fourth in its last six games. One of its two victories during that stretch came against Florida A&M, a Division I-AA school.

More importantly, the Hurricanes fell to 1-2 for the first time since 1997 and dropped out of national championship contention with two Saturdays remaining in September.

That provoked the expected outcry against Coker from disgruntled fans, who has lost eight of his last 21 games after beginning his career as Miami's coach with 24 consecutive victories.

Amid rumors that the school's board of trustees was preparing to meet and discuss Coker's future, Miami athletic director Paul Dee announced that the coach would not be fired during the season.

"He's going to take us through and we're going to play the rest of our games and he's going to be our coach," Dee said. "I don't know what the future holds. We're going to evaluate everything after the season. We do that every year."

Not exactly a resounding vote of confidence for Coker, who is in the second season of a five-year contract.

"I'm not really concerned about job security," Coker said. "I'm really not. I'm concerned about getting our football team back to where it needs to be and winning football games. If we do that, job security will take care of itself."

Dee didn't say what the Hurricanes need to do to save Coker's job, but a Coastal Division title and a berth in December's ACC championship game figure to be the bare minimum.

Baraka Atkins
Brad Schloss/Icon SMI
The Hurricanes appear to have lost their trademark confidence.

Even that seems like a monumental task for the Hurricanes because because they appear to have lost not only some recent games but also their trademark confidence (some would say arrogance).

"The team's confidence?" quarterback Kyle Wright asked. "I've seen it waver at times."

Like on Saturday against Louisville. Miami was leading 7-0 and was on the verge of tacking on another touchdown when tailback Charlie Jones fumbled inside the Cardinals' 10-yard line.

The Hurricanes never recovered. Coker admitted after the game that his players looked beat at halftime even though they were trailing by only 10-7.

"It felt like we were down 31-7 at halftime," Coker said. "As I told them, 'I don't see it in your eyes.'"

Neither did Wright, who found himself urging his teammates not to give up late in the game.

Said Wright: "I told those guys, 'If you're going to quit, go in the locker room right now. Take your stuff and go in the locker room, because quitting is not going to be accepted.'"

Meriweather said that "some guys have a I-don't-care attitude. You can't win with a I-don't-care attitude."

Miami's biggest problem remains an inept offense. In its last five losses, the Hurricanes have been held scoreless in the second half.

Coker overhauled his staff during the offseason, firing offensive coordinator Dan Werner and bringing in Rich Olson. But, if anything, the offense seems to have gotten worse. "I'm disappointed in myself because I haven't gotten the job done that I was hired to do here," Olson said this week.

Olson hasn't gotten much help from his players. Wright has thrown only one touchdown pass this season. The running game has generated a combined 66 yards on 55 carries in losses to Florida State and Louisville. Tight end Greg Olsen, considered one of the nation's top players at his position, has eight catches for 79 yards in three games. The offensive line has helped allow eight sacks for an ACC-worst 77 yards in losses.

"When you put that U on the side of your helmet, there's a tradition you have to uphold," linebacker Jon Beason said. "You talk to the older guys in the NFL and they're hearing it from coaches and players and friends. It hurts them too, man."

It certainly hurts Lamar Thomas, who won national championships at Miami in 1989 and 1991 before embarking on a nine-year NFL career.

"I don't know if they think they can win ball games anymore," said Thomas, who is second in Miami history to Michael Irvin with 23 touchdown receptions. "It's very shocking. I'm looking at the team and I'm saying to myself, 'Wow, where did it go? How did this happen?' I'm trying to convince myself that this program is not dead."

Jorge Milian covers the ACC for The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post.
 09-20-2006, 07:43 PM         #15
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WillyHBonnie said:
Damn, Miami does seem to produce high quality talent year after year...

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

SIG!!!
 09-20-2006, 07:44 PM         #16
DrunkenMonkey58 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jesus christ.... 66 yards on 55 carries?!?

Larry COKEHEAD =

Last edited by DrunkenMonkey58; 09-20-2006 at 07:52 PM..
 09-20-2006, 07:50 PM         #17
WillyHBonnie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrunkenMonkey58 said:
jesus christ.... 66 yard on 55 carries?!?

LarryCOKEHEAD =
 10 years ago '04        #18
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,459 | Props total: 680 680
fu*k...im here now..

im got damn pissed about the season but its not out of the question we could go 10-2 reach BCS bowl.

NFL Scouts are at practice this week so expect an 10-2 season with like 10 guys drafted again
 10 years ago '04        #19
madness 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,544 | Props total: 205 205
 C.R.I.P. said:
fu*k...im here now..

im got damn pissed about the season but its not out of the question we could go 10-2 reach BCS bowl.

NFL Scouts are at practice this week so expect an 10-2 season with like 10 guys drafted again
who do you think is gonna get drafted this year outside of B-Ware, atkins, and t.moss? think a team will take a flyer on ryan moore? i hope wright and olsen dont go, they could use a lil bit more polishing at their respective positions
 10 years ago '04        #20
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$16,459 | Props total: 680 680
 madness said:
who do you think is gonna get drafted this year outside of B-Ware, atkins, and t.moss? think a team will take a flyer on ryan moore? i hope wright and olsen dont go, they could use a lil bit more polishing at their respective positions
i was just throwin a number out there...like we had 9 drafted last year.

but

Atkins(1st-2nd)
Pata(4th-6th)
Brown(4th-6th)
Meriweather(1st)
Jenkins(5th-6th, unless he test off the charts an puts up at least 500 yds this
year)
Moore(7th, do off workouts and potential)
T.Moss(4th-6th, depending what type of shape he is in and test numbers)
Wollaschlager(5th-6th)

Sharpe(2nd-4th, he's only an redshirt junior but he's been here for like 10
years it seems like, but he will come out if he plays good like he
has been, should test very well)

Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 09-21-2006 at 06:30 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside So Im the only nigga that loves hood bi-ches?
119 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Method Man Quits Social Media Over Picture Of His Wife
328 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside This Woman’s Boss Said Her Headscarf Was ‘Unprofessional’ So She Went T..
131 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Experts design a human body that could survive a violent car crash
75 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Lavelle Crawford lost 120 pounds
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside nahhhh why did they do Joe Budden like this
107 comments
23 hours ago