East Coast invented Grillz (Gold Teeth)

most viewed right now
 114
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 69
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
130 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 61
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
79 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
5967 pageviews
42 comments


jamdanny1 
space
space
space
$10 | Props total: 0 0
East Coast invented Grillz (Gold Teeth)
 

 
Did everyone forget that Wu Tang was rocking gold fangs in 93. Flavor Flav had a grill in 1988. The Jewlery shops in NY have been making Grillz since Pall Wall was in preschool, thats back when we used to call them "FRONTS". Yall thought we forgot? Back when I was in 7th grade (1987) if you had a MCM suit and some fronts you were the isht.

42 comments for "East Coast invented Grillz (Gold Teeth)"

 11 years ago '06        #2
Full Clip 77 heat pts77
space
avatar space
space
$7,167 | Props total: 4512 4512
i know, and the south found out, so they now only make songs about grills, candy paint, etc
 11 years ago '05        #3
A-N-D-1 177 heat pts177
space
avatar space
space
$4,743 | Props total: 1011 1011
I was born and raised in Brooklyn many years before Atl came into my life!!! I didn't come to the A until I was grown. I'm happy someone else is old enough to remember and know this!!!
 09-15-2006, 06:51 AM         #4
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pimp C doesnt know
 09-15-2006, 06:59 AM         #5
Uncle Sam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its like sayin the east had a hot line, but we made a hot song out of it in the south
 11 years ago '05        #6
ec18us 
space
avatar space
space
$3,446 | Props total: 0 0
it doenst matter who invented them they still look ugly and dumb as fu*k
 09-15-2006, 07:28 AM         #7
mazza89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didn't slick Rick wear Grillz?
 11 years ago '04        #8
Thirdeye 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 4 4
 Uncle Sam said:
its like sayin the east had a hot line, but we made a hot song out of it in the south
LMAO what the fu*k are you talkin about?everybody in NY was wearin fronts back in the day,they just didn't tell everyone on every track they made ^^
 11 years ago '04        #9
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,374 | Props total: 6396 6396
ummm good for u. it still look bad as hell
 09-15-2006, 08:32 AM         #10
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jamdanny1 said:
Did everyone forget that Wu Tang was rocking gold fangs in 93. Flavor Flav had a grill in 1988. The Jewlery shops in NY have been making Grillz since Pall Wall was in preschool, thats back when we used to call them "FRONTS". Yall thought we forgot? Back when I was in 7th grade (1987) if you had a MCM suit and some fronts you were the isht.
did NY make the conventional grill popular, yes, but did they invent grills hell no. grills have been round since 1700/1800 homie. thats how they used to mark valuable slaves, research b4 u just start talkin. yall talk like they was new in the 1980s. and who cares who made them, why is this even an issue? i see them sh*ts as a waste of money.
 11 years ago '06        #11
jamdanny1  OP
space
space
space
$10 | Props total: 0 0
 billieskeet said:
did NY make the conventional grill popular, yes, but did they invent grills hell no. grills have been round since 1700/1800 homie. thats how they used to mark valuable slaves, research b4 u just start talkin. yall talk like they was new in the 1980s. and who cares who made them, why is this even an issue? i see them sh*ts as a waste of money.
By "invented grills" I meant brought it to the hip hop generation. Anyone with a brain already knew this and its only a issue because the south is acting like they "invented" them. Pimp C recently said "now everybody on the east want to run out an get grills". That sh*t was played out when we stopped wearing them and it still is. On top of that they took it to far and started getting them permanently installed (filling down there real teeth). Genius!
 09-15-2006, 08:57 AM         #12
billieskeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jamdanny1 said:
By "invented grills" I meant brought it to the hip hop generation. Anyone with a brain already knew this and its only a issue because the south is acting like they "invented" them. Pimp C recently said "now everybody on the east want to run out an get grills". That sh*t was played out when we stopped wearing them and it still is. On top of that they took it to far and started getting them permanently installed (filling down there real teeth). Genius!
thats not "inventing" thats makin it "popular" and even then it was only popular in that region. and if you wanna be accurate the south did invent them like i explained in the post before. how did they not when they had them 200 years before anyone you claimed rocked em had them or even was born? and the sh*t aint played out n*ggas wear em more than they ever have, so how are they played out? spinning rims are played out. wearin your clothes backwards is played out. and only a few ppl actually have taken all their teeth out like that. that the point of the grills so they dont have to knock they natural teeth out.
 11 years ago '04        #13
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618
i mean i got pics of my great grandma wit a "grill" half the n*ggas my older sister went to school with had grillz, i mean sh*ts been around, does it really matta who "made it popular" hell my nephew had silver fronts, lmao at tryna prove which coast did that or this first, and what pimp c meant was that every since the south made them songs, its just more people wanting grillz and stuff but yea i mean grillz been around long before any of us,
 11 years ago '06        #14
504survivor 
space
avatar space
space
$1,202 | Props total: 37 37
On some real sh*t that's like a tradition in the N.O. My mom and pops was rockin that sh*t before i was born and i'm 29.
 11 years ago '04        #15
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$17,923 | Props total: 4282 4282
NY aint invent no fu*kin grills....them sh*ts been around since before my grandfather was born...i would a little after slavery...

its alot, alot of old heads down here that got gold teeth/tooth somewhere in they mouth on some tooth...im talkin 50/60/70 years old


Last edited by C.R.I.P.; 09-15-2006 at 11:56 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #16
STH_MEM83 
space
avatar space
space
$486 | Props total: 10 10
 jamdanny1 said:
Did everyone forget that Wu Tang was rocking gold fangs in 93. Flavor Flav had a grill in 1988. The Jewlery shops in NY have been making Grillz since Pall Wall was in preschool, thats back when we used to call them "FRONTS". Yall thought we forgot? Back when I was in 7th grade (1987) if you had a MCM suit and some fronts you were the isht.
Thats cause n*ggas down south was rockin permanents.
You come to Memphis right now and will see n*ggas in their 50's and 60's with 12 gold teeth in they mouth.
 11 years ago '05        #17
txhotboy 
space
avatar space
space
$5,537 | Props total: 1179 1179
 C.R.I.P. said:
NY aint invent no fu*kin grills....them sh*ts been around since before my grandfather was born...i would a little after slavery...

its alot, alot of old heads down here that got gold teeth/tooth somewhere in they mouth on some tooth...im talkin 50/60/70 years old
real talk
 09-15-2006, 12:26 PM         #18
Mr.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jamdanny1 said:
Did everyone forget that Wu Tang was rocking gold fangs in 93. Flavor Flav had a grill in 1988. The Jewlery shops in NY have been making Grillz since Pall Wall was in preschool, thats back when we used to call them "FRONTS". Yall thought we forgot? Back when I was in 7th grade (1987) if you had a MCM suit and some fronts you were the isht.

fu*kin right :applause: :applause: :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #19
TKO420 
space
avatar space
space
$1,121 | Props total: 380 380
Who cares? The south can have them sh*ts. Theyre fu*king ugly.
 09-15-2006, 12:27 PM         #20
Mr.X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
NY aint invent no fu*kin grills....them sh*ts been around since before my grandfather was born...i would a little after slavery...

its alot, alot of old heads down here that got gold teeth/tooth somewhere in they mouth on some tooth...im talkin 50/60/70 years old

most of them wasa pimps and hustlers from ny
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 54
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 43
Rappers that have or had AIDS
167 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
90 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 28
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
227 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 27
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy