Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
66 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
132 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #141
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 Hotboy504 said:
its not just him though. even biggie did. but if someone tells u what to rap about and how to rap about it doesnt that count for somethin?
no it doesnt.........

just because someone is helping u think of subject matter or influences u in some way doesnt mean they're a better rapper than you........it means simply they influenced you........u added the sh*t they told u to the sh*t u already had in ur head.......

the only way a situation like that would make someone a better rapper is if Pac actually wrote the lyrics for Biggie..........which as far as i know he didnt..........just becuase Biggie respects him doesnt mean sh*t........

and just because other people think Pac is the GOAT doesnt mean that i do...........just like u think Lil' Wayne is nice and i dont.........im not trying to change ur opinion on n e thing but ur citing bad reasons that Pac is the better rapper........
 09-14-2006, 11:52 PM         #142
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
Noo.... that was the whole point of what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if someone shows you how to do something, the student can still outclass the teacher. So just because I showed somebody how to f!ght, they can still kick my a.ss if they practice, and become better than me.

This was to refute the idea that Pac was better than Biggie simply because he molded him in some sense.

My point is that no matter if Pac molded Biggie or not, the test of who is better is who made the better music, not who showed who what.
ok...
 11 years ago '05        #143
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,432 | Props total: 1371 1371
 daliff89 said:
i never once said Biggie was a better artist than Pac......i said he was a better rapper.........meaning that he had better lyrics than Pac as a whole............and just because Nas says something it doesnt make it true........like i said the GOAT is a matter of opinion.........and in my opinion its neither of these guys but Biggie is higher on my list than Pac is............
I know you have your opinion and you are entitled to it, but why is Biggie higher than Pac on your lists? Is it because you don't see Pac as a lyricists? Because Pac put in way more work, passion, and effort in hip hop than Biggie. Pac has a larger body of work, more hit songs, more impact, more influence, relevance going far. I mean Pac has a long resume. 2Pac has a full criteria of why he is top dog. Sometimes, it amazes me how people can put Biggie over Pac in countdowns when Big was just so incomplete. Not that I'm saying Pac was complete, but Biggie didn't put in as much work. I mean are you putting Biggie over Pac just because he simply was a lyricists and had the wordplay? I mean why? This is just a question. I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I just want an answer.
 09-14-2006, 11:55 PM         #144
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

no it doesnt.........

just because someone is helping u think of subject matter or influences u in some way doesnt mean they're a better rapper than you........it means simply they influenced you........u added the sh*t they told u to the sh*t u already had in ur head.......

the only way a situation like that would make someone a better rapper is if Pac actually wrote the lyrics for Biggie..........which as far as i know he didnt..........just becuase Biggie respects him doesnt mean sh*t........

and just because other people think Pac is the GOAT doesnt mean that i do...........just like u think Lil' Wayne is nice and i dont.........im not trying to change ur opinion on n e thing but ur citing bad reasons that Pac is the better rapper........
the thing about u think pac not bein the greatest rapper is ok but, if biggie didnt have pac do u think he would have had the same effect on everyone?
 09-14-2006, 11:55 PM         #145
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4REAL said:
I know you have your opinion and you are entitled to it, but why is Biggie higher than Pac on your lists? Is it because you don't see Pac as a lyricists? Because Pac put in way more work, passion, and effort in hip hop than Biggie. Pac has a larger body of work, more hit songs, more impact, more influence, relevance going far. I mean Pac has a long resume. 2Pac has a full criteria of why he is top dog. Sometimes, it amazes me how people can put Biggie over Pac in countdowns when Big was just so incomplete. Not that I'm saying Pac was complete, but Biggie didn't put in as much work. I mean are you putting Biggie over Pac just because he simply was a lyricists and had the wordplay? I mean why? This is just a question. I'm not trying to change your opinion, but I just want an answer.
work passion and effort dont matter to him
 11 years ago '04        #146
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
 4REAL said:
Yeah, a widely used term that's misused by fans and listeners of the hip hop genre. Just like how people misuse the terms "MC" and "Rapper". And also "Hip Hop" & "Rap" There's plenty of misinformations and inaccuracies in hip hop when it comes to definitions and terms.
"Dumbing down" isn't a hip-hop term though.

Dumbing down refers to anything that anybody does that intentionally sacrifices any heightened accessory, for any reason.

When you play chess against a novice, you are forced to dumb down your game, because beginners won't understand the necessity to make certain moves, that you calculate into your strategy.

When you coach an all-star team, you have to dumb down your playbook, because you rarely have more than a week to prepare a team that is unfamiliar with each other and your plays.

Anyway, the point is that "dumbing down" is a term that is used in all facets of life, and to just personally brand your own definition of it simply because you feel like it is, well, it's pretty funny.

It's even funnier that you really believe that you somehow have the right to do this, and that you are unquestionably correct in your definition.
 09-14-2006, 11:56 PM         #147
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4REAL said:
ur the other side of my brain
 11 years ago '05        #148
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
personally i think that Biggie is the most versatile rapper ever.......because even tho he might not be the best at telling a story, or at making a party track, or at writing a diss track, or writing an inspirational track..........he could make any kind of song he wanted and not lose anything lyrically........Pac's scheme seemed to change up alot to me........

BUT.........all of my BIG/Pac CDs got stolen.......and the last time i listened to them was actually a while ago.........and my tastes have changed.......so when i get around to getting the albums from these guys again, my opinion might change.......but for now it is what it is.........

i think that Pac is hands down the most socially important and impactful hip-hop artist of all time..........but he's not the most talented IMO........
 11 years ago '05        #149
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
the thing about u think pac not bein the greatest rapper is ok but, if biggie didnt have pac do u think he would have had the same effect on everyone?

i dont know.....thats an if.......do u think that if Pac hadn't been here would half of this sh*t even exist??? would the west of gotten as much shine as it did??? im not one to try to say 'if ___ hadnt happened _____ wouldnt of happened either'
 09-15-2006, 12:01 AM         #150
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
personally i think that Biggie is the most versatile rapper ever.......because even tho he might not be the best at telling a story, or at making a party track, or at writing a diss track, or writing an inspirational track..........he could make any kind of song he wanted and not lose anything lyrically........Pac's scheme seemed to change up alot to me........

BUT.........all of my BIG/Pac CDs got stolen.......and the last time i listened to them was actually a while ago.........and my tastes have changed.......so when i get around to getting the albums from these guys again, my opinion might change.......but for now it is what it is.........

i think that Pac is hands down the most socially important and impactful hip-hop artist of all time..........but he's not the most talented IMO........
everything is black and white wit u. no grey area. one day u'll notice that u have one though.
 11 years ago '05        #151
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:
"Dumbing down" isn't a hip-hop term though.

Dumbing down refers to anything that anybody does that intentionally sacrifices any heightened accessory, for any reason.

When you play chess against a novice, you are forced to dumb down your game, because beginners won't understand the necessity to make certain moves, that you calculate into your strategy.

When you coach an all-star team, you have to dumb down your playbook, because you rarely have more than a week to prepare a team that is unfamiliar with each other and your plays.

Anyway, the point is that "dumbing down" is a term that is used in all facets of life, and to just personally brand your own definition of it simply because you feel like it is, well, it's pretty funny.

It's even funnier that you really believe that you somehow have the right to do this, and that you are unquestionably correct in your definition.
Yes, I know "Dumbed Down" is a universal term, but I'm talking about it in a music sense. And the way I defined it is the best possible way I can explain it. Jay-Z said he "dumbed down" his music and that he wanted to rap more like Common. He was referring to the type of content that Common's uses and not the type of wordplay or technical skills that he uses. There's many more examples, but I can't really think at the moment.
 11 years ago '05        #152
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
I always thought that Big was better than Pac lyrically, but Pac touched people he was a rare guy, I like Biggie more than Pac but Pac was the greatest cuz he was one of a kind
 09-15-2006, 12:03 AM         #153
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

i dont know.....thats an if.......do u think that if Pac hadn't been here would half of this sh*t even exist??? would the west of gotten as much shine as it did??? im not one to try to say 'if ___ hadnt happened _____ wouldnt of happened either'
well the west was on top n the early 90's. but theres no tellin. but the thing wit biggie. all he rapped about before pac was drugs money and hoes. just listen to the freestyles before RTD dropped.
 09-15-2006, 12:04 AM         #154
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Basicgz said:
I always thought that Big was better than Pac lyrically, but Pac touched people he was a rare guy, I like Biggie more than Pac but Pac was the greatest cuz he was one of a kind
everybody is comin close to biggie now.
 11 years ago '05        #155
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
everything is black and white wit u. no grey area. one day u'll notice that u have one though.
u make absolutely no sense at all man.........u try to sound intelligent but it doesnt work.......u argue with me about release dates of certain songs......then u argue with the dude that his statement didnt make sense when it did............i dont understand you..........

everything is black and white with me??? how do u get that??? explain please........
 11 years ago '05        #156
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 daliff89 said:

So I guess it's safe to say that you value skills more on your criteria, which is fair. Btw, who is your Goat?
 11 years ago '05        #157
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
everybody is comin close to biggie now.
Lol, are you competing? Anyway, he said Pac was the greatest, so incase you are competing, then that's 1 up for Pac.
 11 years ago '05        #158
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
well the west was on top n the early 90's. but theres no tellin. but the thing wit biggie. all he rapped about before pac was drugs money and hoes. just listen to the freestyles before RTD dropped.
that doesnt matter.........subject matter has nothing to do with how u put ur rhymes together........u can talk about the exact same thing as someone else but if u put ur rhymes together better than they did its gonna be a better song.........Pac's 'Dear Mama' was better than that Kanye song 'Hey Mama' or whatever.........they were the same subject but Pac put his together better.....Mos Def is a more socially aware rapper than Biggie was, does that mean he's better as well????
 11 years ago '05        #159
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 4REAL said:
So I guess it's safe to say that you value skills more on your criteria, which is fair. Btw, who is your Goat?
i feel that Big Punisher was the best rapper of all time LYRICALLY.......he wasnt as versatile as Big was, he wasnt as socially aware as Pac, he couldnt tell a story like Nas.........but i feel he had the best lyrics ever..........
 09-15-2006, 12:13 AM         #160
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

u make absolutely no sense at all man.........u try to sound intelligent but it doesnt work.......u argue with me about release dates of certain songs......then u argue with the dude that his statement didnt make sense when it did............i dont understand you..........

everything is black and white with me??? how do u get that??? explain please........
see if u were as intelligent as u try to make urself seem then u would know that there isn't an a mid point with u. everything is this or that. release dates can be proven. whats so special about that. and if u can see that if someone makes a mistake they can correct it. just cause someone thinks about k!llin all the time doesnt mean they cant become a different person. then u go and say i havent listened to a pac and big and n a while and then u say if i listen then my mind might change. u shouldnt have to keep listen to somethin like 50 times to make a conclusion. u think biggie is better than pac thats ok. but u sayin that if i listen to the albums i might change my opinion tells me that either ur memory isnt that good and/or u can never make up ur mind. the dude wit the statement i thought he was talkin about how he thought pac was better than big not the other way around. EXCUSE ME FOR MAKING A MISTAKE. i guess im an idiot for doin something everyone does everyday.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
47 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy