Why is Biggie one of the greatest

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #121
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
what makes u technically a better rapper is having more creative lyrics.......plain and simple..........the more multis u use the more creative u have to be.........the more metaphores u use the more creative u have to be........the more wordplay u have the more creative u have to be......it has nothing to do with how long u take to be that creative.....it has nothing to do with ur work ethic........it has nothing to do with your impact.....
 11 years ago '05        #122
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,432 | Props total: 1371 1371
 TizOnly1 said:
No. It doesn't.

If I teach you the basics of Kung-Fu, but you kick my a.ss two years later, it doesn't make me the better f!ghter.
Well, that irrelevant because I don't think these rappers are battling or competing with each other off of who's the nicest mc. They are competing over who makes better music and sells faster.

And in this case, I don't think the student(Biggie) outmastered the teacher (2Pac) in that. I mean Biggie was even hesitant to battle 2Pac. So I don't know where you get this "kick my a.ss thing from", but it's doesn't fit here.
 09-14-2006, 11:29 PM         #123
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4REAL said:
Well, that irrelevant because I don't think these rappers are battling or competing with each other off of who's the nicest mc. They are competing over who makes better music and sells faster.

And in this case, I don't think the student(Biggie) outmastered the teacher (2Pac) in that. I mean Biggie was even hesitant to battle 2Pac. So I don't know where you get this "kick my a.ss thing from", but it's doesn't fit here.
thank u
 11 years ago '05        #124
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
do u know any rappers? like big time?
i dont know what this question means.........no i dont know any rappers personally........but that means absolutely nothing........

Hotboy504 said:
so y do people praise jay for doin an album n 2 days and praise pac for doin an album n a week? rappers and fans?
i dont know.......i cant speak for them.........but wether u like it or not........making an album quickly doesnt make u a better rapper............
 11 years ago '05        #125
Dead President 
space
space
space
$99 | Props total: 0 0
Big was just raw, bought coke rap to a whole new level, he had many different styles, I don't think i've heard a bad biggie song. except the ones diddy butchered.
 11 years ago '05        #126
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:
Umm.... that's the definition of dumbing down...

"Universal language" = lowest common denominator

Anyway, he DOES lack as an MC. I'm not even saying he's wack because he lacks these things. I'm just saying you can't say he's the greatest, given his shortcomings.

"Dumbing down" pertains to music content only. Has nothing to do with lyrics presentation. Dumbing Down is staying within boundaries of popularities/trends.

Last edited by 4REAL; 09-14-2006 at 11:35 PM..
 09-14-2006, 11:34 PM         #127
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
what makes u technically a better rapper is having more creative lyrics.......plain and simple..........the more multis u use the more creative u have to be.........the more metaphores u use the more creative u have to be........the more wordplay u have the more creative u have to be......it has nothing to do with how long u take to be that creative.....it has nothing to do with ur work ethic........it has nothing to do with your impact.....
ima k!ll this right now.

lyrics make the impact u genius. if rappers had no impact and it didnt mean nothin y do ur favorite rappers praise them (pac and big). like nas for example, he was on 106 last week and he was talkin about how much of an impact pac had and how he was a great on the mic and called him the greatest at what he did.

Last edited by Hotboy504; 09-14-2006 at 11:35 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #128
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
 4REAL said:
"Dumbing down" pertains to music content only. Has nothing to do with lyrics presentation. Dumbing Down is staying within boundaries of popularities/trends.
Thanks for personally defining a widely-used term.
 11 years ago '04        #129
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 4REAL said:

Whether or not "the student surpassed the teacher" is a matter of opinion.

All my analogy shows is that one isn't automatically better than the other simply by virtue of the fact that one gave the other his foundation of ideas.
 11 years ago '04        #130
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
ur right cause he k!lled ur a.ss. read exactly what u posted
I read it. It still makes sense. Why don't you try reading it again.
 09-14-2006, 11:39 PM         #131
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
I read it. It still makes sense. Why don't you try reading it again.
the second or third line u messed up. sayin it dont make me(you) a better f!ghter if he kick ur a.ss.
 11 years ago '05        #132
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
ima k!ll this right now.

lyrics make the impact u genius. if rappers had no impact and it didnt mean nothin y do ur favorite rappers praise them (pac and big). like nas for example, he was on 106 last week and he was talkin about how much of an impact pac had and how he was a great on the mic and called him the greatest at what he did.
impact has nothing to do with ur lyrical skill 'genius'..........yes lyrics make impact.........but just because they're the most impactful lyrics doesnt mean they're the best lyrics..........to me Pac's biggest impact was inspiring people........not just rappers.........but all people that listen to his sh*t......i know a, for a lack of a better word, retarded guy that only knows the words to one song........and its 'Dear Mama'...........

just because u make an impact with ur songs doesnt mean ur a better rapper........it means ur a more successful artist.........but not a better rapper........thats 2 different things.........

who the GOAT is is simply one person's opinion........again......i can't speak for Nas.........im not him..........i dont share that opinion with him and im sure its not the only opinion we disagree on........but just because somebody says something doesnt make it true???
 11 years ago '05        #133
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
and the guy's statement makes sense.........he's saying just because u taught somebody how to, say play basketball, doesnt mean ur always gonna be better than that person in basketball..........

so just because Pac 'taught Biggie' doesnt mean Biggie cant become better than him...........u saying 'Pac taught Biggie everything he knows' isnt a valid argument in the debate of who the better rapper is.......

Last edited by daliff89; 09-14-2006 at 11:44 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #134
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
Exactly hotrod. Hiphop fans, especially from the tri-state/NY make such a big deal out of lyrics. Lyrics is an accessory. I got a freestyle where 2Pac is freestyling for 5 minutes to all the people saying he couldn't be lyrical, so he got it. 2Pac got the skills, but it was necessary for him. He didn't do this hip hop thing to be known as the nicest mc, but he was nice and people who really listened to him know about him. But lyrics is just an ego thing for an MC to brag about.

NY hip hop fell off because the fans are demanding hot 16's and freestlyes. People got to go back and make music. And as for music Pac is number 1. I can make a cd right now with Pac joints that most people have probably never heard before that they'll bump for 2 years. 2Pac got the music on lock. I mean listen to Ready 2 Die. Ready 2 Die got it's blueprint from the original MATW, which was redone and rereleaed. But anyway, you can hear pac all over that album. To the paranoia, fear of death, that thugged out, Raw boldness, and stress that Biggie had on that album was all 2Pac. 2Pac got that music on lock.

I believe even Nas called 2pac on 106 & Park the Muhammad Ali of Rap. Nas saying that is a stamp of approval that 2Pac is officially the GOAT. But I still got love for Biggie though.
 09-14-2006, 11:44 PM         #135
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

impact has nothing to do with ur lyrical skill 'genius'..........yes lyrics make impact.........but just because they're the most impactful lyrics doesnt mean they're the best lyrics..........to me Pac's biggest impact was inspiring people........not just rappers.........but all people that listen to his sh*t......i know a, for a lack of a better word, retarded guy that only knows the words to one song........and its 'Dear Mama'...........

just because u make an impact with ur songs doesnt mean ur a better rapper........it means ur a more successful artist.........but not a better rapper........thats 2 different things.........

who the GOAT is is simply one person's opinion........again......i can't speak for Nas.........im not him..........i dont share that opinion with him and im sure its not the only opinion we disagree on........but just because somebody says something doesnt make it true???
its not just him though. even biggie did. but if someone tells u what to rap about and how to rap about it doesnt that count for somethin?
 11 years ago '05        #136
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
i never once said Biggie was a better artist than Pac......i said he was a better rapper.........meaning that he had better lyrics than Pac as a whole............and just because Nas says something it doesnt make it true........like i said the GOAT is a matter of opinion.........and in my opinion its neither of these guys but Biggie is higher on my list than Pac is............
 11 years ago '05        #137
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:
Thanks for personally defining a widely-used term.

Yeah, a widely used term that's misused by fans and listeners of the hip hop genre. Just like how people misuse the terms "MC" and "Rapper". And also "Hip Hop" & "Rap" There's plenty of misinformations and inaccuracies in hip hop when it comes to definitions and terms.
 09-14-2006, 11:47 PM         #138
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4REAL said:
Exactly hotrod. Hiphop fans, especially from the tri-state/NY make such a big deal out of lyrics. Lyrics is an accessory. I got a freestyle where 2Pac is freestyling for 5 minutes to all the people saying he couldn't be lyrical, so he got it. 2Pac got the skills, but it was necessary for him. He didn't do this hip hop thing to be known as the nicest mc, but he was nice and people who really listened to him know about him. But lyrics is just an ego thing for an MC to brag about.

NY hip hop fell off because the fans are demanding hot 16's and freestlyes. People got to go back and make music. And as for music Pac is number 1. I can make a cd right now with Pac joints that most people have probably never heard before that they'll bump for 2 years. 2Pac got the music on lock. I mean listen to Ready 2 Die. Ready 2 Die got it's blueprint from the original MATW, which was redone and rereleaed. But anyway, you can hear pac all over that album. To the paranoia, fear of death, that thugged out, Raw boldness, and stress that Biggie had on that album was all 2Pac. 2Pac got that music on lock.

I believe even Nas called 2pac on 106 & Park the Muhammad Ali of Rap. Nas saying that is a stamp of approval that 2Pac is officially the GOAT. But I still got love for Biggie though.
100% dog!!
 09-14-2006, 11:48 PM         #139
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
i never once said Biggie was a better artist than Pac......i said he was a better rapper.........meaning that he had better lyrics than Pac as a whole............and just because Nas says something it doesnt make it true........like i said the GOAT is a matter of opinion.........and in my opinion its neither of these guys but Biggie is higher on my list than Pac is............
but does it take most of the rappers and people n the world to say so?
 11 years ago '04        #140
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
the second or third line u messed up. sayin it dont make me(you) a better f!ghter if he kick ur a.ss.
Noo.... that was the whole point of what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if someone shows you how to do something, the student can still outclass the teacher. So just because I showed somebody how to f!ght, they can still kick my a.ss if they practice, and become better than me.

This was to refute the idea that Pac was better than Biggie simply because he molded him in some sense.

My point is that no matter if Pac molded Biggie or not, the test of who is better is who made the better music, not who showed who what.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
293 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago