most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-14-2006, 11:02 PM         #101
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

what are u talking about????

if ur saying that im just agreeing with what that other dude said ur wrong...........i've said it before and ill say it again to anybody that asks.........Pac is a great rapper, but i feel that Biggie is the better lyricist.........end of story.......
never mind. but i dont think he used more metaphores. plus it took him so long to do albums. badf boy was founded n 93 he came n 94. 94 rtd the 97 lad. didnt take pac that long to do any of his albums

Last edited by Hotboy504; 09-14-2006 at 11:11 PM..
 09-14-2006, 11:03 PM         #102
tmich19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the haters came prepared 2day i c... Yall know deep down inside Biggie was untouchable....
 11 years ago '04        #103
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
 waytoomuch said:
and all I'm sayin is that he had his own style and approach to the mic. I'm not saying he's not great like u r because he doesn't sound a certain way. I appreciate all styles and what every1 brings. u may not appreciate his style, but don't say he lacks or doesn't have sumthing. that's all I'm pointing out 2 u. lol at u interpreting his sh*t as dumbing down. that's not dumbing. it's called knowing who u r targetting and creating a universal language.
Umm.... that's the definition of dumbing down...

"Universal language" = lowest common denominator

Anyway, he DOES lack as an MC. I'm not even saying he's wack because he lacks these things. I'm just saying you can't say he's the greatest, given his shortcomings.

If you actually read what I said, I even stated that nobody in their right mind would take him out of the top five. So clearly, I DO respect Pac, both as a man, and as a rapper. I just refuse to call him the best. Simple as that.

I respect all kinds of good rap music. An MC doesn't have to sound one way (I'd put both Andre 3000, and Big Pun in my top ten list. Veeeeeeery different MCs...), but there are certain things that an MC has to have in order for him to be considered truly great (like GOAT). Pac doesn't have it, IMO.

Last edited by TizOnly1; 09-14-2006 at 11:06 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #104
aRs0NisT 
space
space
space
$1,373 | Props total: 0 0
 Nyse03 said:
Its all opinion...but all im saying is if Pac only released 1 album and died making his second....he'll be long forgotten...but Biggie did that an he'll be remembered 4ever.

ya n*ggas are tryin to act madd open-minded but all ya n*ggas are frontin..and you're showing it through your comments..i read all of them..
im from paterson,nj which is right next to NY..so every1 around me loved biggie.. but i gotta say biggie was a good freestyler but pac was a better writer..IF YOU NOTICED (TO WHOEVER SAID EVERY1 SAMPLES BIGS sh*t), its only New York/East Coast rappers that sampled his sh*t..all the rappers you named was from New York so your opinion is one sided. And the reason Big wasn't long forgotten after releasing only 2 albums is BECAUSE of HOT 97. HOT 97 is the biggest and most influencial hip-hop station in the east coast and them n*ggas d*ckRIDE big hard as hell. They kept him alive. If ya disagree, you're just ignorant.
 11 years ago '05        #105
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,445 | Props total: 1376 1376
There's no way in hell that Biggie was bigger than Pac in the mid-90's. Pac was an actor for christ sakes. He starred in juice. Pac was also getting into a lot of controversy that had people outside of hip hop paying attention to him, which translated into record sales. Also don't forget that Pac was one of the highest selling rappers even when he was alive. He sold 7 million copies of Aeom up until the day he died. Ready 2 Die had only sold 2 million copies only. 2Pac was the much bigger star.

Also in New Jersey, there was like a westide movement going on. Nobody was really listening to NY rap back in Jersey. If you did you were laughed at because the westcoasts rap was the only thing poppin. I mean once in a while cats used to blast Jay-Z and Nas, but Aeom was in heavy rotation throughout New Jersey.
 09-14-2006, 11:11 PM         #106
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4REAL said:
There's no way in hell that Biggie was bigger than Pac in the mid-90's. Pac was an actor for christ sakes. He starred in juice. Pac was also getting into a lot of controversy that had people outside of hip hop paying attention to him, which translated into record sales. Also don't forget that Pac was one of the highest selling rappers even when he was alive. He sold 7 million copies of Aeom up until the day he died. Ready 2 Die had only sold 2 million copies only. 2Pac was the much bigger star.

Also in New Jersey, there was like a westide movement going on. Nobody was really listening to NY rap back in Jersey. If you did you were laughed at because the westcoasts rap was the only thing poppin. I mean once in a while cats used to blast Jay-Z and Nas, but Aeom was in heavy rotation throughout New Jersey.
he is the highest sellin at 73-75 mill
 11 years ago '05        #107
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 46 46
 Hotboy504 said:
never mind. but i dont think he used more metaphores. plus it took him so long to do albums. badf boy was founded n 93 he came n 94. 94 rtd the 97 lad. didnt take pac that long to do his last 3 albums
what does him taking longer to make an album have to do with him being a better rapper??? u keep making all these arguments but none of them are valid.........they might shoe he's not able to create a great album as quickly as Pac was........but speaking in technical terms of the elements that make u a good rapper (which i've already stated so dont ask me to do it again, go read the thread) Biggie was the better of the 2...........
 09-14-2006, 11:16 PM         #108
adeel182 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
PAC WAS BETTER THAN BIGGIE LYRICALLY/SONGWISE/PRODUCTION/FAME/ANTICIPATION/FLOW/EVERYTHING and if you cant fu*kin see that you're a biased piece of sh*t in one way or another. No doubt. BELIEVE IT or suck a d*ck...sorry. pac was the greatest ever..and no im not his nuts..itss just the truth..and a lot of people dont wanna realize that..but as for this thread...Biggie was a good rapper no doubt..but after his death he was magnified by a million...no one is doubting his ability to rap..but if you EVEN COMPARE him to tupac you are f!ghting an uphill battle you could never win. youre comparing michael jordan to reggie miller..theyre both great..but one is simply a legend that will always be known as the greatest ever.

Last edited by adeel182; 09-14-2006 at 11:20 PM..
 09-14-2006, 11:18 PM         #109
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

what does him taking longer to make an album have to do with him being a better rapper??? u keep making all these arguments but none of them are valid.........they might shoe he's not able to create a great album as quickly as Pac was........but speaking in technical terms of the elements that make u a good rapper (which i've already stated so dont ask me to do it again, go read the thread) Biggie was the better of the 2...........
so ur tellin me if i make an album n one week and u take 3 years to make one and i keep up wit u n all aspects that doesnt count for nothin.
 11 years ago '05        #110
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,445 | Props total: 1376 1376
 Nyse03 said:
Its all opinion...but all im saying is if Pac only released 1 album and died making his second....he'll be long forgotten...but Biggie did that an he'll be remembered 4ever.

That's the weakest argument ever. Your first and second albums don't prove your status in the rap game as you've just proven. Because if that was the case, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Method and DMX would all be considered GOAT. Hell Jay-Z wouldn't even be considered Goat if he stopped after his 2nd album. That's real incomplete and having 2 albums doesn't give a broad view of an artists. Biggie was great for his first 2 albums, but what about albums he would've released down the road. Biggie could've fell off hard on his 3rd albums like how Method Man and Redman fell off. We'll never know because Biggie left that incomplete. And he didn't leave behind any real material to let us know what direction he was heading into his 3rd album. So to me Biggie is incomplete.

As for 2Pac, yeah his first 2 albums aren't what I'd consider classics. But I sure as hell consider "Thug Life: a classic and anything after that classic. One thing we know about Pac is that he was progressing. He was getting better and better as the years went on. He showed improvement which is rare from an MC.

As for criteria to Goat-2pac got it. Body of Work, work ethic, skills, impact, influence, relevance, originality, performance, charisma, and so much more.
 11 years ago '05        #111
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hotboy504 said:
so ur tellin me if i make an album n one week and u take 3 years to make one and i keep up wit u n all aspects that doesnt count for nothin.
it doesnt make u a better rapper than me......
 09-14-2006, 11:20 PM         #112
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
also come on biggie admitted that he got his subjects and hjow to come at stuff from pac. i guess that dont count for nothin too huh.
 09-14-2006, 11:20 PM         #113
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

it doesnt make u a better rapper than me......
answer what i asked u does it count
 11 years ago '04        #114
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
No. It doesn't.

If I teach you the basics of Kung-Fu, but you kick my a.ss two years later, it doesn't make me the better f!ghter.
 09-14-2006, 11:22 PM         #115
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is what technically makes u good. Body of Work, work ethic, skills, impact, influence, relevance, originality, performance, charisma
 11 years ago '05        #116
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
i did answer it.......

all it means is that u can make an album faster than me.......thats it..........the time u take to create an album doesnt mean sh*t to ur skills as a rapper.............period......

neither do record sales, how big your audience is, or how many albums u put out..........
 09-14-2006, 11:24 PM         #117
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
No. It doesn't.

If I teach you the basics of Kung-Fu, but you kick my a.ss two years later, it doesn't make me the better f!ghter.
ur right cause he k!lled ur a.ss. read exactly what u posted
 09-14-2006, 11:24 PM         #118
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
i did answer it.......

all it means is that u can make an album faster than me.......thats it..........the time u take to create an album doesnt mean sh*t to ur skills as a rapper.............period......

neither do record sales, how big your audience is, or how many albums u put out..........
do u know any rappers? like big time?
 09-14-2006, 11:25 PM         #119
jeremy1978 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea right hes not teh greatest
 09-14-2006, 11:26 PM         #120
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:
i did answer it.......

so y do people praise jay for doin an album n 2 days and praise pac for doin an album n a week? rappers and fans?
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy