Why is Biggie one of the greatest

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-14-2006, 09:08 PM         #41
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
You can really say all the "Big got his style from Pac" stuff all you want, but you can't possibly think that their styles were similar. So regardless of where Biggie's style came from, if they prefered his style, they'd consider him the better rapper. That just seems like simple logic to me...

Also, Big was better than Pac from a technical standpoint. Better flow, more creative rhyme schemes, sicker lyricism. Hands down. You can say "everybody has that now", but who cares? Nobody had it then. That's what made him great. It's like he said in an interview, before he came out, n*ggas like the Fu Shnickens and Das EFX was at the top of the game, and they didn't even use real words... Big brought lyricism that hadn't been seen before like that.

Now, whether or not you think he's better than Pac, that's just a matter of opinion. Personally, I consider Big the better rapper. Pac was more of an icon, and IMO, an infinitely more important person than Big could have even hoped to be, but strictly as an MC? Chris Wallace. Hands down.

Even when Pac rapped, his greatness wasn't about him being a great rapper so much as it was about the topics he chose to speak on, and the insight he had as a person. His raps weren't that great though. He'd have been just as prolific if he spoke his sh*t in regular prose. Rap just gave him a much bigger audience. He wasn't that great of an MC though. He did make great rap songs, but it had nothing to do with his rapping ability.

Seriously, I prefer watching Pac interviews to listening to his songs.
how can u say strictly as an mc and only talk about lyrics? being an mc is more than lyrics and ryhme shcemes.
 11 years ago '04        #42
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
 Hotboy504 said:
how can u say strictly as an mc and only talk about lyrics? being an mc is more than lyrics and ryhme shcemes.
That's the crux of it though. And don't act like Big didn't speak on important sh*t. Listen to Ready to Die and tell me that. Please.

Obviously, on a label ran by Puff, "Everyday Struggle" isn't gonna make it as a single, but it was there. "Things Done Change" wasn't gonna be the B-Side to Big Poppa, but it was on the album.

Again, Pac was prolific. Yes. No denying that (why would you even want to?). But that doesn't make him the best rapper ever. It just makes him a very intelligent, profound, thoughtful person that happened to rap. If Malcolm X decided to say everything he ever said in rhyme form, that doesn't make him a great rapper just because he was profound, powerful, etc. If he doesn't have the top tier flow, lyricism, etc. to back it up, it just makes him a profound person that happens to rap.

If Pac decided to sing, his subject matter wouldn't make him the best singer ever. Being a good singer requires certain properties, just like being a great rapper. Pac, IMO, did not exhibit these qualities in the same way that other rappers did. Obviously, his subject matter accounts for something, which is why nobody would take Pac out of their top 5, but for the number one spot? Nah... You gotta come harder as an MC. Simple as that.
 11 years ago '06        #43
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8936 8936
being an mc is about more than skills but people mix it up. when I listen to biggie, I hear pac influence all over him. Big borrowed plenty from pac. and to people saying that Pac wasn't that nice, I'll put a B.I.G quote up here, so you could see what Biggie thought about Pac's lyrics.
 11 years ago '04        #44
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
Who cares what Big thought about Pac's lyrics?

Just because I think Big was a good rapper doesn't mean I respect everything he says about rap, like he's God or something...

Michael Jordan drafted Kwame Brown.

Dead that argument...
 11 years ago '06        #45
*MOB*STAR* 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
$4,460 | Props total: 9 9
big was iight
 09-14-2006, 09:26 PM         #46
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
b/c lyrically he is 10x better then every rapper besides Pac
 11 years ago '06        #47
space
space
lmao...........
 09-14-2006, 09:32 PM         #48
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TizOnly1 said:
That's the crux of it though. And don't act like Big didn't speak on important sh*t. Listen to Ready to Die and tell me that. Please.

Obviously, on a label ran by Puff, "Everyday Struggle" isn't gonna make it as a single, but it was there. "Things Done Change" wasn't gonna be the B-Side to Big Poppa, but it was on the album.

Again, Pac was prolific. Yes. No denying that (why would you even want to?). But that doesn't make him the best rapper ever. It just makes him a very intelligent, profound, thoughtful person that happened to rap. If Malcolm X decided to say everything he ever said in rhyme form, that doesn't make him a great rapper just because he was profound, powerful, etc. If he doesn't have the top tier flow, lyricism, etc. to back it up, it just makes him a profound person that happens to rap.

If Pac decided to sing, his subject matter wouldn't make him the best singer ever. Being a good singer requires certain properties, just like being a great rapper. Pac, IMO, did not exhibit these qualities in the same way that other rappers did. Obviously, his subject matter accounts for something, which is why nobody would take Pac out of their top 5, but for the number one spot? Nah... You gotta come harder as an MC. Simple as that.
see singin and rappin is different. and i dont think u know the difference between bein a rapper and a mc. rappin was built to reach out to people and say real sh*t. plus if it was all about what ur talkin about then y have beats? they'll just go acapella. and ur theory on malcom has nothin to do wit this. its a bad comparison. now everyone know if pac didnt tell biggie what to rap about and how to come on a track then noone would say that he was better. he proby would be on some drugs money hoes sh*t. just like cam'ron ands the lox. if pac used crazy rhyme schemes he would have reached to all the people he did. plus come on. big did take 3 years in between albums and pac did one n a week and another n 2 weeks. i wonder how long it took him to do his first 3?
 11 years ago '06        #49
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
 TizOnly1 said:
Who cares what Big thought about Pac's lyrics?

Just because I think Big was a good rapper doesn't mean I respect everything he says about rap, like he's God or something...

Michael Jordan drafted Kwame Brown.

Dead that argument...

u c this is what I don't like about hip hop fans. people don't respect difference and creativity. if u had it u're way, all rappers would be like zombies with the same old wordplay, metaphors, and all that other stuff to make you go "aghh". Pac had his own approach to being an mc that was original. u say he doesn't have much of the technical aspects, but funny enuff his flow, vocabulary, and so many other things are the most bitten. sure u might not appreciate it but don't take away from the man and say he didn't have it or say he lacked in that department just because u don't feel it. pac had about 50 different styles of flow, spit triples and doubles, and used so many undermined aspects of rhyming, but it's overlooked just because he didn't focus in the figurative language dept. I think it's ashamed that hip hop fans like u overlooke the man's lyricism just because they want punchlines all day. if pac wanted to be about lyrics, he could've did that, but he chose to stay away from that route because he knew he'd be so complicated that cats wouldn't understand and his message would get lost in the midst. I mean what's so bad about keeping it simple. this is why NY has fallen off. because the rappers from ny focus on lyrics so much that the music is wack. pac could care less about lyrics. he didn't come in the rap game to be the nicest. he knew if the music was good cats would listen. and that's what he did.

Last edited by waytoomuch; 09-14-2006 at 09:35 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #50
BIGBOYCAPRICE83 
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 124 124
He Was A Great Rapper But Hes Far From The Greatest...........a 2 Album Catalog And 1 Arguably Classic Album Dont Make You The Greatest.........big Got Overrated The Same Way Pac Did After He Died
 09-14-2006, 09:33 PM         #51
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 waytoomuch said:
being an mc is about more than skills but people mix it up. when I listen to biggie, I hear pac influence all over him. Big borrowed plenty from pac. and to people saying that Pac wasn't that nice, I'll put a B.I.G quote up here, so you could see what Biggie thought about Pac's lyrics.
please do it
 09-14-2006, 09:33 PM         #52
1up 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Biggie's flow was crazy and how he rhymes his lyrics into it makes the track hot too
 11 years ago '04        #53
BIGBOYCAPRICE83 
space
space
$3,729 | Props total: 124 124
u c this is what I don't like about hip hop fans. people don't respect difference and creativity. if u had it u're way, all rappers would be like zombies with the same old wordplay, metaphors, and all that other stuff to make you go "aghh". Pac had his own approach to being an mc that was original. u say he doesn't have much of the technical aspects, but funny enuff his flow, vocabulary, and so many other things are the most bitten. sure u might not appreciate it but don't take away from the man and say it didn't have it or say he lacked in that department just because u don't feel it. pac had about 50 different styles of flow, spit triples and doubles, and used so many undermined aspects of rap, but it's overlooked. I think it's ashamed that hip hop fans like u overlooke the man's lyricism just because they want punchlines all day. if pac wanted to be about lyrics, he could've did that, but he chose to stay away from that route because he knew he'd be so complicated that cats wouldn't understand and his message would get lost in the midst. I mean what's so bad about keeping it simple. this is why NY has fallen off. because the rappers from ny focus on lyrics so much that the music is wack. pac could care less about lyrics. he didn't come in the rap game to be the nicest. he knew if the music was good cats would listen. and that's what he did.

SO YOU KNOW WHAT PAC WAS THINKIN? YOU KNOW WHY PAC RAPPED THE WAY HE RAPPED?..........I DONT THINK SO
 09-14-2006, 09:39 PM         #54
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BIGBOYCAPRICE83 said:
SO YOU KNOW WHAT PAC WAS THINKIN? YOU KNOW WHY PAC RAPPED THE WAY HE RAPPED?..........I DONT THINK SO
let me shut u up real quick.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm check Tupac Resurrection(Movie)
 11 years ago '06        #55
space
space
yeah....................
 11 years ago '06        #56
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
 BIGBOYCAPRICE83 said:
what the hell is wrong with you? do u live on a farm or sum sh*t? do they not have retail stores where u live at? u find information like this on dvd's and on his music. His music, which u only know little to 0 about.
 09-14-2006, 09:43 PM         #57
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The award goes to me for showin that ignorance is bliss. i deserve props.
 11 years ago '06        #58
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
I might sig this too.

NOTORIOUS B.I.G. said:
Tupac: Pac get busy. People can't take nothing from him. On the lyrics he get busy, straight up. That ***** got some hard **** dog for real, and it's like the sad thing about it. When he started working on his new album he's got now, Out on Bail, (retitled and released as Me Against The World) he had so many raw east coast producers and ****. The **** was sounding real tight 'cause everybody always says Pac had lyrics but his beats was back. He was up in New York when he was working on Above the Rim **** and he was working on his album at the same time. I put him on to Mo Bee. I put him on to L.G. He has Action, Special Ed's DJ, he had some hard ****. (HE) went back to the west and just started getting back into that other

Out of Biggie's own mouth, who is one of the nicest mc's ever.

Last edited by waytoomuch; 09-14-2006 at 09:56 PM..
 09-14-2006, 09:48 PM         #59
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Big was a great rapper, no where near the greatest tho. He had a classic album and some nice remix verses. He may have grown into somthing better, but he was no better than a lloyd banks is today. If banks died, n*ggaz would say damn, he's one of the greatest of all time, no they just nice rappers.
 11 years ago '05        #60
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 waytoomuch said:
I might sig this too.

: NOTORIOUS BIG-Tupac: Pac get busy. People can't take nothing from him. On the lyrics he get busy, straight up. That ***** got some hard **** dog for real, and it's like the sad thing about it. When he started working on his new album he's got now, Out on Bail, (retitled and released as Me Against The World) he had so many raw east coast producers and ****. The **** was sounding real tight 'cause everybody always says Pac had lyrics but his beats was back. He was up in New York when he was working on Above the Rim **** and he was working on his album at the same time. I put him on to Mo Bee. I put him on to L.G. He has Action, Special Ed's DJ, he had some hard ****. (HE) went back to the west and just started getting back into that other ****

Out of Biggie's own mouth, who is one of the nicest mc's ever.
im not gonna argue with yall about who the better rapper was......because like the guy said its all opinion.......but all that quote does is say that Biggie respected Pac........it doesnt say that he thought Pac was better than him or n e thing..............
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
149 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
153 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
17 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
109 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy