Why is Biggie one of the greatest

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
69 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #21
Unitson 
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 143 143
Biggie even admitted that he couldn't even really freestyle.

BIGGIE IS SO OVERRATED IT AIN'T EVEN A JOKE.

ESpecially out here in BK. Ny radio doesn't make it any better because the radio stations and the DJ's are constantly on his nuts. How is it that Funk Flex plays Biggie songs on Pac's anniversary and no pac songs?

Anyway like someone said if Pac didn't exists, there wouldn't be any Big Poppa. Pac turned him into a household name and helped create buzz for Biggie when he was a nobody.
Like I said before. If you think Big is better than Pac or is the Goat, it's either 4 things. 1) You don't know real hip hop or the history 2)You don't really know about pac's music except probably retail stuff or not even that. 3)You live in Brooklyn 4)You're fat.

Like I said before and I'll say it again-It's usually people from BK talking about Big Poppa better than Pac. Biggie's whole style came from Pac. Remember Pac was Big's mentor and schooled him on alot of sh*t. That Ready 2 Die, I live in a one room shack and I gotta get Paid was just stuff that Big got from Pac. If Pac didn't exists, Biggie wouldn't even be Biggie. The reason Ready 2 Die was a classic is because Biggie got the blueprint on how to make that album from Pac. Everybody know Biggie is overrated. Pac got unreleased albums that's better than Ready 2 Die. All Biggie had was flow and lyrics. Nowadays everybody got that. Pac got heart and is felt by people from all over the world and not just BK. NY n*ggaZ BE LYING!
 11 years ago '06        #22
Unitson 
space
space
 Twinn said:
i wish he did take that long to make a song, then maybe he sh*t would sound great altogether
Biggie took about a year to 2 years just to make LAD, while 2Pac took 2 weeks just to make All Eyez On Me and Aeom is still arguably better if not on the same level. I mean C'mon. Let 2Pac take 1-2 years just to make a double album and it'll be in a classic class of it's own. LAD took over a year to make, which should mean that the LP should be far superior, but it's still on the same level as a 2 week double album that even had more songs.

Last edited by Unitson; 09-14-2006 at 08:35 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #23
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
His Lyrics...
 11 years ago '06        #24
*MOB*STAR* 44 heat pts44 OP
space
space
$4,460 | Props total: 9 9
nah his lyrics was fiction
 09-14-2006, 08:32 PM         #25
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Unitson said:
Biggie took about a year to 2 years just to make LAD, while 2Pac took 2 weeks just to make All Eyez On Me and Aeom is still arguably better if not on the same level. I mean C'mon. Let 2Pac take 1-2 years just to make a double album and it'll be far superior. LAD took over a year to make, which should mean that the LP should be in a class of it's own, but it's still on the same level as a 2 week double album that even had more songs.
3 years for LAD 1 week for Makaveli album.
 09-14-2006, 08:33 PM         #26
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Life After death had to many fillers
 11 years ago '05        #27
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 *MOB*STAR* said:
nah his lyrics was fiction
it shouldnt matter if they were fact or fiction.........its how u put them together that makes u a good rapper....if u lie about sh*t it doesnt take away from ur skills.........it makes u a liar........but not a worse rapper........
 11 years ago '06        #28
space
space
 daliff89 said:

it shouldnt matter if they were fact or fiction.........its how u put them together that makes u a good rapper....if u lie about sh*t it doesnt take away from ur skills.........it makes u a liar........but not a worse rapper........
but wayne do it and its wrong
 11 years ago '05        #29
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
what are you talking about???
 09-14-2006, 08:37 PM         #30
Hotboy504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 *MOB*STAR* said:
but wayne do it and its wrong
see this is turnin into a good conversation and not just me and daliff goin at it.
 11 years ago '06        #31
space
space
 daliff89 said:
what are you talking about???
because people get on wayne cause he aint live what he spit
 11 years ago '05        #32
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
people can do what they want.......im not them........just because ur saying u did things u didnt do doesnt make u a worse rapper........it just makes u dishonest.....nothing more........i dont care if Bigge or Wayne shot 83 people in the head........if they made a song about it and it was lyrically well put together then i'd like it........wether it was true or not.......
 11 years ago '06        #33
space
space
yeah but back to biggie he wasnt the greatest but he was a good artist
 11 years ago '06        #34
space
space
what so i can drop one album and become a goat
 11 years ago '06        #35
Unitson 
space
space
 joeyb8420 said:
damn wut a dumb question... listen 2 him freestyle , greatest flow, dropped 2 classics, and died at the top, u tell me why hes the greatest

What's so impressive about that? I mean anybody can do that. Plus dropping 2 classics isn't that big of an accomplishment. Biggie had a 3 year gap just to follow up with his Ready 2 Die classic with another one. And if that's the case then Eminem would've been the goat had he died after the Marshall Mathers LP.
 11 years ago '06        #36
space
space
 Unitson said:
What's so impressive about that? I mean anybody can do that. Plus dropping 2 classics isn't that big of an accomplishment. Biggie had a 3 year gap just to follow up with his Ready 2 Die classic with another one. And if that's the case then Eminem would've been the goat had he died after the Marshall Mathers LP.
see somebody knows something
 11 years ago '06        #37
waytoomuch 4 heat pts
space
space
$27,612 | Props total: 8935 8935
@ sum1 being the greatest for droppin 2 lp's and sum freestyles. the whole BK and peeps sayin biggie is the greatest is in denial. i feel u unitson. ny be tryin not to give pac his props forreal. but hey it's their opinion, but they know there livin a lie.

Last edited by waytoomuch; 09-14-2006 at 08:54 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #38
space
space
 waytoomuch said:
@ sum1 being the greatest for droppin 2 lp's and sum freestyles. the whole BK and peeps sayin biggie is the greatest is in denial. but hey it's their opinion, but they know there livin a lie.
yes co-sign
 11 years ago '04        #39
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
You can really say all the "Big got his style from Pac" stuff all you want, but you can't possibly think that their styles were similar. So regardless of where Biggie's style came from, if they prefered his style, they'd consider him the better rapper. That just seems like simple logic to me...

Also, Big was better than Pac from a technical standpoint. Better flow, more creative rhyme schemes, sicker lyricism. Hands down. You can say "everybody has that now", but who cares? Nobody had it then. That's what made him great. It's like he said in an interview, before he came out, n*ggas like the Fu Shnickens and Das EFX was at the top of the game, and they didn't even use real words... Big brought lyricism that hadn't been seen before like that.

Now, whether or not you think he's better than Pac, that's just a matter of opinion. Personally, I consider Big the better rapper. Pac was more of an icon, and IMO, an infinitely more important person than Big could have even hoped to be, but strictly as an MC? Chris Wallace. Hands down.

Even when Pac rapped, his greatness wasn't about him being a great rapper so much as it was about the topics he chose to speak on, and the insight he had as a person. His raps weren't that great though. He'd have been just as prolific if he spoke his sh*t in regular prose. Rap just gave him a much bigger audience. He wasn't that great of an MC though. He did make great rap songs, but it had nothing to do with his rapping ability.

Seriously, I prefer watching Pac interviews to listening to his songs.

Last edited by TizOnly1; 09-14-2006 at 09:05 PM..
 09-14-2006, 09:05 PM         #40
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he was real n versatile..while other rappers from then to now that fell off or are in the process of fallin off are generic as water
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
46 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago