Sep 13 - The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #121
pmann 
space
space
$451 | Props total: 0 0
 Kboiwonder said:
i do believe it was my n*gga HOV (JAYZ) who help bring these n*ggas outta the dark underground wit wack a.ss n*gga like lil flip Garbage houston,lol. And i do believe its the south coming out wit these wack a.ss dance tracks like
"laffy taffy"(d4l)
"lean wit rock wit it" (DMFB)
"walk it out" (unk)
which are all garbage has nothing to do wit hip hop or any lyrical content besides put words together that rhyme MEANING NOTHING!!!!!!! besides T.I., Lil wayne, n my mia n*gga Rick Ross the south is wack!!!(honorable mention paul wall, slim thug) everybody can't do it like 50 n the unit, by keeping it hood n commercial makin it for the streets n for the airplay its call Talent
(by the way lookout for the hot southside jamaica queens NYC eastcoast sh*t from my n*gga LLOYD BANKS Rotten apple 10/10/06 hottest n*gga out) CHEA!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF, n*gga you fu*king crazy, UGK always been hot n*gga. fu*k jay-z, bun and pimp made big pimpin the sh*t it was. you throw out 3 n*ggas from the south and say the rest is garbage, where the fu*k you from???? wayne my n*gga cause he from the n.o., but he dont speak no real sh*t, he got the game from cash money legends B.G. and Juve, wayne come wit it but n*ggas from here now B.G. and Juve really carry the pelican flag and the heart of the N.O. streetz. besides n*gga you saying outkast and goodie mob (w/cello) is garbage and you got the nerve to props curtis jackson and company a n*gga that cant keep his woman from whipping his a.ss.
 09-14-2006, 11:58 PM         #122
blackTRUTH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip Hop Died shortly after Big L, 2Pac, and Biggie Smalls died

Props to Lupe,Weezy,Kanye,Common,Talib,Rhymefest, and T.I
 11 years ago '05        #123
pmann 
space
space
 Phicmagic said:
You Dumb Young n*ggas...Queens NY Right Here and Let me be the first to Say...Slick Rick Rocked Grills back in 86. Nas's FIRST VIDEO HE HAD A GRILL IN. That was 92.

I see n*ggas rockin Timbs an Fitteds in the South and im like..."That was me in 93."

n*ggas Rockin the Girbaud Jeans? Dogs...WE ROCKED THAT WHEN I WAS IN THE 3rd GRADE in Queens! im 23 now like..."Why would I wear that sh*t."
Me Rockin some Girbauds or Akademiks would be like me....Putting on some LA Gears or Bugle Boy......lol. I laugh at n*ggas with the Girbaud joints like..."U paid 80 for those? When I was n junior high I got em for 24.99" lol.

Im not one to be like.."The south is sh*t" and blah blah blah but I mean....These dudes are hilarious when I Seem em rockin the sh*t We wore years ago. I mean u people had a celebration for Air Force Ones a few years ago when WE CONSIDERED THOSE SHOES FOR OUR bi*chES TO WEAR BACK IN THE MID 90's! lol.

I rock Forces a bit now...but back in 96 my sister was the only 1 in the house rockin them......Grills? My father had a grill in 88 lol. Its like....

Yall n*ggas catch the Tale end of the situation and then try and TELL US about it. I sit here in atlanta now laughing at n*ggas like..."Yeah...Girbaud okay...." Yeah..."Enyce....AKA N-Y-C...." okay. Dog. Get a clue. 90 percent of the brands you hold dear to you? I Rocked while I was in grade school.

Then these n*ggas say "hip hop is dead cause the east coast k!lled it".

n*gga....THE ONLY SOUTHERN ARTISTS THAT ARE SELLING ARE SIGNED TO NY BASED LABELS. With the exception of Lil Wayne-U dont have a southern artist SIGNED TO A SOUTHERN BASED LABEL moving more then Gold. Not One.

Juelz once said "Even Pac fled West Just to Get Heard." Im thinking..."Even the Coons Flew North to get Signed"

We Own you. We created you. and The culture known as hip hop was born in Our City.

Im proud of the south for having a movement. Dont think I dont want them to...Cause its wonderful. Congrats to n*ggas Down here. The music is fresh and a Spin on the Original Hip Hop flavor Created in the Bronx. Party Music...Yeah....Dig up the first Hip hop songs...ITS PARTY MUSIC. Its like you borrowed our earlier roots-Which was the party and thats what your using now.

Hip Hop Isnt Dead, and Pimp C Needs to Pay the East Coast Respect...Cause if Jigga Didnt put his a.ss on Big Pimpin n*ggas above the Mason Dixon Line wouldnt know Who the fu*k he was.

-Fin-

n*ggas from the N.O. was rocking Girbauds in the early 90's to n*gga w/ the animal ballys, so you aint saying sh*t...... UGK = Underground Kings, jay-s came to they so he knew who the fu*k they were, you didnt need to know. you n*ggas treat jay-z like he is your king out there so let your daddy tell you whats good from the south so if he came to them you daddy told you these boys from the south is the sh*t and he wanted them.... N.O. party music is the way we roll, N.O. is the #1 party city, them east coast dykes cant drop that azz like the southern dymes so of course you cant roll our sh*t, those stiff bi*ches posted up on walls in the club next to you mean muggin. so we understand why yall east coast n*ggas cant get with the party style >>>
 09-15-2006, 01:51 AM         #124
magatsu  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I just wanna know why n*ggas gotta hate all the time. I'm from the A, not born but damn sure raised, came here in the 3rd grade. As far as the south go I admit that snap sh*t is gettin outta control but if you ain't from down here you don't know that's how our sh*t started. n*ggaz was making dance music first, born outta that Miami style, We had n*ggaz like Kilo and Raheem, but even though they had dance cuts they still had cuts where they talked about something with substance, like "lost ya'll mind".

That gave birth to that Dungeon Family style like Outkast, Goodie Mob, and other artists like Field Mob who had lyrics and made good substantial music. At the same time we had the Memphis crunk influence coming in and that gave rise to Pastor Troy and people like Lil Jon adapting to that style. Troy probably the crunkest n*gga ever and all his albums got deep thoughtful songs. You can't deny his first album with cuts like "stop tryin" and "livin today through tomorrow".

Sadly what happened as in any trend there was a lotta copy cat sh*t and every underground n*gga was just makin crunk sh*t with no substance to get it played in the clubs. That sh*t got outta hand to the point where n*ggaz couldn't even have a fun time at a party or a club cuz a n*gga was gettin hit with a chair every other song. Plus n*ggas wasn't going to the club to dance wit girls and get on some a.ss they was goin 20 deep just to start some sh*t.

The backlash of that sh*t was snap music. n*ggaz was like why nobody having fun at the clubs no more, why n*ggas ain't dancing anymore. Problem is that this sh*t got so saturated and copied over and over again like crunk that its at a point where n*ggas just all go to the club to dance and show off they moves but still ain't dancin with girls. I mean I done seen n*ggaz stand still while the Dj put on some "Take it off" or some sh*t to dance with a girl with and then all rush the dance floor when some more snap sh*t come on! WTF!?!

Like a n*gga said, we need balance. Instead of people all tryna copy whats hot we need a balance of crunk sh*t, dance sh*t, and thought provoking sh*t. Thats why the South get branded as just one thing, first it was all them n*ggaz is crunk now its all them n*ggaz is dance.

Now Texas big and all them n*ggaz gettin labeled as slow and candy paint, and lyrically weak. Bun B ain't lyrically weak! Chamillionaire aint lyrically weak! Don't bunch them up with Paul Wall and Mike Jones, who do they own sh*t. Them n*ggaz blew up cuz they was different. Who else was callin they names and numbers in songs?

As far as the east coast go, ya'll guilty of the same copy cat sh*t. Look at all these battle rappers and sh*t complaining bout they can't shine cuz of the south? No, n*ggaz ain't shining cuz they all sound the same. Your average n*gga outside of NY hard pressed to tell the difference between Murda Mook, Jae Millz, Serius Jones, or whoeva. Why Dipset still prevalent somewhat in the charts? Cuz they different from other east coast n*ggaz. East coast n*ggaz sit there hatin and being bitter but don't do sh*t to change it. All them n*ggaz is bout right now is beef and tryna portray themselves as super thugs which they really ain't. But that thing that get me is that for all the hating ya'll do the rappers that break the most records when it comes to album sales is up north n*ggaz. Why? cuz other coasts show more love for other regions than the east coast do for them.

n*ggaz in the south is fiendin a Styles P album just as much as any other n*gga, n*ggaz was hopin and wishin DMX was gonna come back with some hard sh*t. n*ggaz down here like Mos Def and The Roots too.

The problem is the radio and tv, but what u expect? They a business they gonna play what gets them the most ratings. Stop bi*chin and saying your force fed when its you who actually controls what they show. If n*ggaz ain't tuning into D4L they ain't gonna get played as much. If n*ggas call up and request the Roots and Mos Def enough, they gonna get played. Its a two way street.

Why n*ggaz hate on success? The sh*t don't make no sense. When D4L and Franchize first dropped down here in the A they was the farthest you could get from commercial rap. No one knew what the fu*k snap music was then. They sh*t catch on and now they're suddenly the death of hip hop? fu*k that! Is it they fault more people can relate to happy go lucky dance music than hardcore lyrical gangsta sh*t like Ghostface k!llah? But there was a point in time when they did, when Wu-Tang ruled the world.

sh*t is a cycle, there's a backlash for everything. Every style gets copied and over did and the audience naturally starts to cling to something else. People got tired of lyrical sh*t being everywhere and gravitated to laid back west coast gangsta sh*t. Then they got tired of that and gravitated to simple lyrics and dance sh*t. So on and so forth.

DAMN THAT sh*t WAS LONG!
 11 years ago '06        #125
jamdanny1 
space
space
space
$10 | Props total: 0 0
 SokeSleezy said:
wtf@the stupid grillz statement.... Ny'kers been rockin grillz since back in the day,wtf this wack n*gga been at?!
Did everyone forget that Wu Tang was rocking gold fangs in 93. Flavor Flav had a grill in 1988. The Jewlery shops in NY have been making Grillz since Pall Wall was in preschool, thats back when we used to call them "FRONTS". Yall thought we forgot? Back when I was in 7th grade (1987) if you had a MCM suit and some fronts you were the isht.
 11 years ago '06        #126
jamdanny1 
space
space
space
$10 | Props total: 0 0
 pmann said:
n*ggas from the N.O. was rocking Girbauds in the early 90's to n*gga w/ the animal ballys, so you aint saying sh*t...... UGK = Underground Kings, jay-s came to they so he knew who the fu*k they were, you didnt need to know. you n*ggas treat jay-z like he is your king out there so let your daddy tell you whats good from the south so if he came to them you daddy told you these boys from the south is the sh*t and he wanted them.... N.O. party music is the way we roll, N.O. is the #1 party city, them east coast dykes cant drop that azz like the southern dymes so of course you cant roll our sh*t, those stiff bi*ches posted up on walls in the club next to you mean muggin. so we understand why yall east coast n*ggas cant get with the party style >>>
Did everyone forget that Wu Tang was rocking gold fangs in 93. Flavor Flav had a grill in 1988. The Jewlery shops in NY have been making Grillz since Pall Wall was in preschool, thats back when we used to call them "FRONTS". Yall thought we forgot? Back when I was in 7th grade (1987) if you had a MCM suit and some fronts you were the isht.
 11 years ago '05        #127
pmann 
space
space
 jamdanny1 said:

We had them too down here in the late 80's even before that, we called them slugs back then. I admit the south gets clothes late because we dont make the stuff, but as far as golds we been on that sh*t just like every one else.
 11 years ago '04        #128
knowtheledge718 2 heat pts
space
space
$911 | Props total: 97 97
well actually i dont know but from what i remember wu-tang clan was the first ones iv seen with gold in there mouth and thats from the protect your neck era. I dont know if they was doing that in texas at the time. but thats what i remember.the midwest started the whole grills thing but jewlery in your mouth started way back in new york, even rakim days and slick rick...............but who gives a sh*t about grills anyway thats not hip hop, only the material side of it
 11 years ago '05        #129
CaShMoNeYDfG 8 heat pts
space
space
$896 | Props total: 140 140
 Djkommish6 said:
and as for Pimp C, he a underground King so he entitled to his opinion, but I think Hip Hop Is dead,

If thats the case then why can an artist like Common's album BE go gold and Young Jeezy goes double platinum, (AND I LIKE JEEZY) but come on Hip Hop is dead, if you cant dance in the club or if you have to rewind someone lyrics, or if You actually talking about something postive and uplifting to the people, LIKE HIP HOP WAS INTENDED FOR STARTING IN THE BRONX, n*ggas dont want to hear it or buy it!
aye man....i dont like this post, i love this this post, this is real fu*kin talk here, pay attention
 11 years ago '05        #130
DreWilliams 
space
space
$614 | Props total: 69 69
REAL HIPHOP there are some hiphop songs on there real hiphop just aint mainstream no more n*ggas would rather hear catchy kid songs ie. I bet you can do it like me. Check out the songs on it some hot joints hiphop joints on there
 09-15-2006, 11:07 AM         #131
buddakon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mrniceguy said:
Hip-Hop is Dead, Its black people's fault as a whole, even though middle to upper class whites buy hip-hop more than blacks, black people still gave all this "D4L MINDLESS CRUNK/SNAP MUSIK" .....the okay, like its kool....if the 106 n park audience said "Laffy Taffy" was a weak song and they could of done better..then we wouldn't of heard anymore from D4L and the snap movement would of ended...same goes with Hyphy movement...tell E-40 to go back to the sick-wit-it records style back in the day..

the hyphy movment didnt start with E-40, thats been bay area slang for a long time.
 11 years ago '05        #132
mistadontplay 
space
space
$2,779 | Props total: 1 1
and why are ya'll girls typing essays in here? and stop sucking Jay-Z meat, ya'll acting like he is Jesus Christ or Allah or something. Just another guy with a job.
 11 years ago '06        #133
anynameado 
space
space
$3,678 | Props total: 23 23
MAN fu*k HIP HOP ITS ALL ABOUT CRUNK MUSIC
 11 years ago '06        #134
anynameado 
space
space
MAN fu*k HIP HOP. CRUNK IS WHATS UP
 11 years ago '06        #135
anynameado 
space
space
 DreWilliams said:
REAL HIPHOP there are some hiphop songs on there real hiphop just aint mainstream no more n*ggas would rather hear catchy kid songs ie. I bet you can do it like me. Check out the songs on it some hot joints hiphop joints on there

YEAH THAT TYPE OF MUSIC WAS COOL IN THE 80'S AND 90'S, BUT THIS IS THE 21 CENTURY, n*ggaS AINT TRYNA HEAR THAT NOMORE.
 09-15-2006, 11:26 AM         #136
Naizen King  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SokeSleezy said:
wtf@the stupid grillz statement.... Ny'kers been rockin grillz since back in the day,wtf this wack n*gga been at?!
another ny n*gga with a wack statement fu*k outta here bi*ch

go suck rza's d*ck n*gga

you might find yourself ODing on the ground like ODB...fag
 11 years ago '04        #137
dtek1x 
space
space
space
$138 | Props total: 0 0
This is what's dead:

1 crying a.ss East Coast rappers

2 crying a.ss West Coast rappers

3 crying a.ss bi*ch rappers from anywhere that ain't gettin no play

Quit hatin on the south or anyone else who's doin it (mostly the south these days)

When I was comin up only thing u would here on BET is east coast bull sh*t, nas, gay z, etc. Now that people are into something new everyone is hatin. I'm from Clarksdale, MS. Nate Dogg and Rick Ross are from here (yes right here in this lil town!), but you'll never here those cowards say it. fu*k anywhere else. It's all about the south. 3-6Mafia rules!!! And all you wimps hatin it!
 11 years ago '04        #138
dawgedogg 
space
space
space
$49 | Props total: 0 0
Again, if you don't like the music, don't listen to it. To hell with hip-hop. (Can anyone please give a definition of hip-hop?) Everyone says that hip-hop tells a story. When I'm in the club, I don't wanna hear a story, I wanna see gurls "get loose."

I love "snap music." It has a purpose, to make people dance. I'm so tired of all these wanna be gangsta's out here. Every song gotta be about k!lling, shooting (how many times they been shot), and selling drugs. When I go to the club, I'm not trying to k!ll or be k!lled. I'm not trying to buy or sell drugs. I wanna dance. I wanna see gurls dancing.

I say no more "hip-hop" as a genre. It think that it should be called rap. That way we can k!ll all discussions like this. That way rappers and others will stop saying a region k!lled "music"
 09-24-2006, 02:33 AM         #139
Kali_Kingz90  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pimp C is one of the worst rappers I have ever heard in my life.

The reason hip hop is dead? The listeners are fu*king retarded. How can anyone with intelligence listen to 95% of the sh*t out? (Yeah you slow thinking bastard, im calling you an idiot.)

Im tired of hearing about fu*king dancing, fu*k dancing.
Im tired of hearing about k!lling people, fu*k k!lling.
Im tired of hearing about Crack and drugs, fu*k the dealers (aka society k!llers)
Im tired of hearing about money, fu*k MONEY.

I want to hear some real issues...

Last edited by Kali_Kingz90; 09-24-2006 at 02:40 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago