Sep 13 - The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
21 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2006, 10:36 PM         #61
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at these NY hardheadz tryin to take credit for "grills"
When the credit should really go to The Native Americans
I guess that's one more thing America can steal from the Indians
 09-13-2006, 10:45 PM         #62
crownroyale47  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've been listening to hip hop since about 83' and the thing alot of southern rappers don't realize is that when rap first started up here in NY, alot of rappers who were hot either had people who were in awe of them because they couldn't rap or had people who knew that they could shine off of that particular rapper because they were cool with each other. As the years went on, whenever you had somebody hot and you heard about him, instead of everyone saying, "Yo that n*gga's hot" it then turned into "I'm much hotter than that n*gga" That in turn caused alot of rap beefs and blackballing up here in NY. In the south, if a dude is from Largo FL or some lil a.ss spot, the WHOLE town, city, state, will ride with that dude cause they feel he's giving them some shine. In a few years, the same n*ggas will be like "He aint representin my hood as hard as I can" Everything comes full circle and the south will experience this same sh*t. Just like with T.I. He says he's the king of the whole south and dudes down there don't give a fu*k. If you say you're the king of NY it's always up for argument by critics and then on top of that, rappers will even go at your head. Right now the money is good for some of these n*ggas who never had sh*t down south but as soon as more down south cats get in the game you're gonna see the cycle start back over again and less of the rappers helping each other out and jumping on each others songs and all that.
 11 years ago '04        #63
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,460 | Props total: 870 870
 [([EJ])] said:
i hate this hip hop is dead trend, hip hop will never die you just gotta know where to find it.
Didn't even read the rest of the comments because they can't be any truer than this.
 11 years ago '04        #64
pofasho25 
space
space
$523 | Props total: 0 0
lmao, yeah this sh*t coming from a southern rapper.

shut up
 09-13-2006, 10:54 PM         #65
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pofasho25 said:
lmao, yeah this sh*t coming from a southern rapper.

shut up
Pimp-C > Your life + Hyphy Movement

Pimp is the kinda rapper that y'all should be supporting. Y'all talk about how rappers sell out and make "bubble gum music" and pimp didn't even wanna do Big Pimpin because he didn't want his fans to think he sold out

Last edited by TX_Country_Boi; 09-13-2006 at 10:55 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #66
choppacity 
space
space
$805 | Props total: 4 4
 bigscoot0808 said:
Wu tang had grillz before fu*kin pimp c flav had grillz going on that shyt aint south i=id smack the grill right out pimp c's moth
n*gga I had a great grandmother (88yrs old) with gold teeth and she said her mother had golds too. New Orleans been doing the grill thing. And not that sh*t you can take out when its time to eat like flav and other NY n*ggas had back in the day and now.
 09-13-2006, 11:15 PM         #67
buddakon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 H0DADDY said:
Hip Hop will never be dead.... Coming from Pimp C... Whatever
the same thing that happened to heavy metal is happenin to hip hop. they're lettin no talent scrubs cut records while big execs produce them. Why is it so easy to release a cd, its fu*ked up that talent isnt an issue anymore.
music biz always ruins a good thing.
 11 years ago '05        #68
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
Hip-Hop is Dead, Its black people's fault as a whole, even though middle to upper class whites buy hip-hop more than blacks, black people still gave all this "D4L MINDLESS CRUNK/SNAP MUSIK" .....the okay, like its kool....if the 106 n park audience said "Laffy Taffy" was a weak song and they could of done better..then we wouldn't of heard anymore from D4L and the snap movement would of ended...same goes with Hyphy movement...tell E-40 to go back to the sick-wit-it records style back in the day..
 11 years ago '05        #69
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,970 | Props total: 10913 10913
Hip hop is not dead it's evolving like crazy with so many trends. Theirs different styles and genres or rap music. If u don' t like commercial hip-hop, then fu*k get on tha internet and find sum underground real sh*t. n*ggas in NYC always claimin hip-hop is dead, so it's like if it aint from NY then it ain't hip-hop.......Thats bullsh*t, theirs nice n*ggas and wack n*ggas from every region.
 11 years ago '04        #70
Rileyboy03 
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
All Yall need to SHUT THE fu*k UP!! If you aint blasting Pac u you WACK as hell. I don't even listen to radio no mo
He gave u n*ggas the game and yall aint pick up. Stupid a.ss n*ggas. He gave you that gansta sh*t, that movement sh*t, and that pimp sh*t in every single song. . Somebody already post it, Hip Hop died September 13, 1996. If Makaveli was alive Pimp C wouldn't be heard outside of TX, Lil Wayne and the rest of them corny name a.ss n*ggas wouldn't be heard outside of New Orleans. As for yall NY n*ggas your boys k!lled it. Clowns a.ss n*ggas like Puffy and Curtis Jackson aka 50 cent.
Yall n*ggas be 4 real, bow down and show some respect for The DON
 11 years ago '04        #71
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 DJNocturnal said:
GOOD hip hop is dead, nobody wants to hear that slow a.ss sh*t down south, the music scene is horrible right now. but pimp c is tight and so are a handfull of others but 90% of the sh*t that comes out the south is retarded...how many damn songs can u make outta "bling" and rims

lupe
grafh
joe budden
saigon
jae millz
pharoah monch
talib kweli
the roots
jay-z
nas
Az
busta rhymes
obie trice
redman
ghostface

there's so much good sh*t still out there you just gotta look for it, I don't think hip hop is dead I think the balance is dead for every yung joc out here we need a lupe or talib kweli
 11 years ago '05        #72
pmann 
space
space
$451 | Props total: 0 0
 Rileyboy03 said:
All Yall need to SHUT THE fu*k UP!! If you aint blasting Pac u you WACK as hell. I don't even listen to radio no mo
He gave u n*ggas the game and yall aint pick up. Stupid a.ss n*ggas. He gave you that gansta sh*t, that movement sh*t, and that pimp sh*t in every single song. . Somebody already post it, Hip Hop died September 13, 1996. If Makaveli was alive Pimp C wouldn't be heard outside of TX, Lil Wayne and the rest of them corny name a.ss n*ggas wouldn't be heard outside of New Orleans. As for yall NY n*ggas your boys k!lled it. Clowns a.ss n*ggas like Puffy and Curtis Jackson aka 50 cent.
Yall n*ggas be 4 real, bow down and show some respect for The DON

Yea, if pac was still hear the shawn carter would have been right there with shawn combs and curtis jackson too. as far as i remember pac was dissing all kinds of n*ggas like shawn carter because they were bad mouthin him and other n*ggas he was down with, to me the benefited the most out of pac being dead cause he would have been in retirement years ago and no one would care. wtf the you retire from rapping for anyway this dude as washed up as the rest of them n*ggas trying to pull stunts to stay in the media. he need to stay out while he still got some respect cause in a minute he gonna look like holyfield a disgrace to his champion years take his company and his bi*ch and sit in the booth at the nets games.

hip hop is still out there but many people like to rock what they are in the mood at the time to bump. southern rap is strong as hell now days, stronger than than any other region right now, but we dont listen to snap ya fingers and laffy taffy no more than what anyone else around the regions, but there is a time and place for it. the bounce sh*t started in the n.o. and other southern states formulated thier own versions of it thus snap ya fingers and the other sh*t some people complaining about but that aint all we are about. i rock wit different sh*t from different regions, i am from the n.o. the bounce sh*t was for the clubs man. to watch the bi*ches poppin thier a.ss and get wild wit it. we got some real sh*t down this way, n.o. aint all bout bling and cars. Black Menace was a fire group that kick real sh*t every track but the south wasnt at the forefront at the time like nwa was so it didnt go further than the southern area. bounce is for certain situations, n*ggas dont ride around bumpin sh*t like the all day down here.

But like the cat from college station, tx said every state down south got thier own style, own freaking music. i had a grandfather that was in his late 80's with open cap golds and that was something he got when he was younger than 20. Real grillz dont come out unless they fall out or the dentist take them out. that sh*t is played any cause if you aint paid, you are not going to get a real job talking to someone with them in your mouth.

Last edited by pmann; 09-14-2006 at 01:23 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #73
nayfromdachi 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,665 | Props total: 37 37
thats why i only listen from 1988 - 1999 to me thats the golden age of hip hop i call it the "Renissance years"
 09-14-2006, 01:59 AM         #74
*jackie_chiles*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip hop is far from dead. As a matter in fact, it is just beginning. Transitioning if you will. These kinds of transitions are what spark the masterpieces that some artists are known for. Also, where the hell can you buy a CD for $9.99? Aside from your bodega mix tape, that cheap of a CD is normally an EP. That's the main problem in hip hop right now. The prices are so high that an artist will feel it necessary to "ride the next wave" just to make a dollar. I live in NY, I'm in Philly right now and I just had the opportunity to visit the nearest FYE. Average price of a CD: $17.99. Simply disgusting. I don't want to spend that much money on a CD that I know has at best six or seven tracks even worth listening to. Enter the mainstream radio stations. Why do you think the East Coast has been ridin the d*ck of the South? A whole new generation without an elevated pallette is shelling out their allowance with dreams of "gettin crunk in the club". F*ck the radio.
 11 years ago '04        #75
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
i hgihgly doubt that Pimp c is the authority on the state of hip hop at the moment. I don't think it's dead...but it is dying. No doubt.
 09-14-2006, 02:17 AM         #76
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You Dumb Young n*ggas...Queens NY Right Here and Let me be the first to Say...Slick Rick Rocked Grills back in 86. Nas's FIRST VIDEO HE HAD A GRILL IN. That was 92.

I see n*ggas rockin Timbs an Fitteds in the South and im like..."That was me in 93."

n*ggas Rockin the Girbaud Jeans? Dogs...WE ROCKED THAT WHEN I WAS IN THE 3rd GRADE in Queens! im 23 now like..."Why would I wear that sh*t."
Me Rockin some Girbauds or Akademiks would be like me....Putting on some LA Gears or Bugle Boy......lol. I laugh at n*ggas with the Girbaud joints like..."U paid 80 for those? When I was n junior high I got em for 24.99" lol.

Im not one to be like.."The south is sh*t" and blah blah blah but I mean....These dudes are hilarious when I Seem em rockin the sh*t We wore years ago. I mean u people had a celebration for Air Force Ones a few years ago when WE CONSIDERED THOSE SHOES FOR OUR bi*chES TO WEAR BACK IN THE MID 90's! lol.

I rock Forces a bit now...but back in 96 my sister was the only 1 in the house rockin them......Grills? My father had a grill in 88 lol. Its like....

Yall n*ggas catch the Tale end of the situation and then try and TELL US about it. I sit here in atlanta now laughing at n*ggas like..."Yeah...Girbaud okay...." Yeah..."Enyce....AKA N-Y-C...." okay. Dog. Get a clue. 90 percent of the brands you hold dear to you? I Rocked while I was in grade school.

Then these n*ggas say "hip hop is dead cause the east coast k!lled it".

n*gga....THE ONLY SOUTHERN ARTISTS THAT ARE SELLING ARE SIGNED TO NY BASED LABELS. With the exception of Lil Wayne-U dont have a southern artist SIGNED TO A SOUTHERN BASED LABEL moving more then Gold. Not One.

Juelz once said "Even Pac fled West Just to Get Heard." Im thinking..."Even the Coons Flew North to get Signed"

We Own you. We created you. and The culture known as hip hop was born in Our City.

Im proud of the south for having a movement. Dont think I dont want them to...Cause its wonderful. Congrats to n*ggas Down here. The music is fresh and a Spin on the Original Hip Hop flavor Created in the Bronx. Party Music...Yeah....Dig up the first Hip hop songs...ITS PARTY MUSIC. Its like you borrowed our earlier roots-Which was the party and thats what your using now.

Hip Hop Isnt Dead, and Pimp C Needs to Pay the East Coast Respect...Cause if Jigga Didnt put his a.ss on Big Pimpin n*ggas above the Mason Dixon Line wouldnt know Who the fu*k he was.

-Fin-

P.S. Get off my d*ck.
 11 years ago '05        #77
Cashville2400 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 157 157
 bigscoot0808 said:
Wu tang had grillz before fu*kin pimp c flav had grillz going on that shyt aint south i=id smack the grill right out pimp c's moth
I guess you meant mouth or maybe grillz are in the moths where you're from
Don't get mad cause the south been having diamond a.ss grills and ya'll just catching up
Diamond Encrusted Grills= Southern sh*t but we'll let ya borrow that since we running the rap game right now
 09-14-2006, 02:35 AM         #78
drumgangP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kool G Rap had The Diamond Tip Fangs around 89-1990 before MJG Came out with the same sh*t like 5 or 6 years later actually.

Get your weight up.
 11 years ago '04        #79
pofasho25 
space
space
$523 | Props total: 0 0
 TX_Country_Boi said:
Pimp-C > Your life + Hyphy Movement

Pimp is the kinda rapper that y'all should be supporting. Y'all talk about how rappers sell out and make "bubble gum music" and pimp didn't even wanna do Big Pimpin because he didn't want his fans to think he sold out
mutherfu*ker, just cuz i live in san diego doesn't mean i like all that bay area sh*t.

and he still did the song didn't he, bi*ch. but that doesn't even matter.

i can't stand mac dre's sh*t and most other rappers from the bay. e-40 is the only exception.

oh yeah, Bun B > Pimp C. And i'm not talking about selling out. pimp c is just annoying to me period. his music just sucks. and don't even get me started on the snap bullsh*t.
 11 years ago '04        #80
Crazy Chi Guy 
space
space
$348 | Props total: 0 0
Hip Hop is not dead...ITS JUST UNBALANCED...THERE IS NO BALANCE IN HIPHOP..FOR INSTANCE..BACKIN THE EARLY 90'S ... YOU COULD TURN ON RAP CITY AND YOU' WOULD SEE A TRIBE VIDEO..AND THEN 5MINS LATER YOU WOULD SEE A 2LIVE CREW VIDEO...ALL I'M TRYING TO SAY IS THAT THE INDUSTRY IS NOW GEARED TOWARDS WHO CAN SELL THE MOST CATCHY RECORD AND DANCE MOVE. IT JUST SO HAPPENDS TO BE THE SOUTH RIGHT NOW... sh*t IM FROM CHICAGO..WE GOT ALOT OF TALENT..BUT WHEN THE EAST AND WEST COAST WAS RUNNING IT...NOOOBODY MENTIONED CHICAGO..WE BEEN HERE TOO.....SO STOP WHINING ABOUT HIPHOP IS DEAD..ITS NOT DEAD..ITS ACTUALLY THE MOST INFLUENTIAL MUSIC OF ALL TIME..ITS JUST NOT BALANCED.....YOU CANT SHOULDER LEAN ALL DAY AND YOU CANT SPIT METAPHORES ALL DAY EITHER....SO U JUST GOOTTA TAKE CONTROL OF IT FOR YOURSELF AND FIND THE TRUE HIPHOP TO LISTEN TO FOR YOUR OWN SELF. AND AS FOR THE EAST COAST...YALL k!llED HIPHOP FOR YOURSELFS...YOU CANT BE THE BIG GIANT FOR EVER, OTHER AREAS HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ALSO..SO STEP YOUR GAME UP AND GET OFF THE MIXTAPES AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE ALBUMS...MOST OF THE ARTIST FROM THE EAST (THE UP AND COMING CATS) ALL SOUND ALIKE, TALKING BOUT GUNS AND BULLsh*t...sh*t CHICAGO BEEN ON THAT THUG sh*t... I REMEMBER NEW YORK WAS ALL ABOUT CONCIOUSNESS...HAHHA NOW EVERYONE A THUG...AND AS FOR THE SOUTH..THEY JUST MAKING MONEY AND GOING WITH THE FLOW..BECAUSE THE RECORD LABELS ARE EATING THAT sh*t UP...BUT AT THE OTHER END OF IT...THE SOUTH IS BEING MISSREPRESENTED BECAUSE LITTLE BROTHER, OUTKAST, SCARFACE, LUDA, AND A WHOLE LATTAA MORE CATS LIKE THAT BEEN PUTTING DOWN REAL MUSIC FOR YEARS..ITS JUST n*ggaZ LIKE D4L AND YOUNG THIS AND YOUNG THAT THAT IS fu*kING UP THE EAR FOR THE SOUTH...BUT ANYWAY ...TO END THIS LONG a.ss READ,,,, HIPHOP IS NOT DEAD IT JUT UNNNNBALANCED RIGHT NOW.. AND THE AUDIENCE FOR HIPHOP IS NOT MATURE..ITS MOSTLY YOUNG HIGHSCHOOL CATS THAT DONT UNDERSTAND TRUE MUSIC AND DONT RESPECT LYRICS..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
38 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
194 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago