Sep 13 - The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
27 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2006, 09:11 PM         #41
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigimpulse said:
aiight dude is right about the grillz... but that is one of the things that peeps is sayin hip hop is dead for. All the things that hip hop stood for are damn near gone. and that goes for more than southern rap, even sum of these so called real hip hoppers done lost sight of whuts reality. point blank just cuz u dont live like everyone else dont mean u on sum weird sh*t but it also aint sayin u aint???? for real everyone needs to just relax and take things into perspective and try to be creative and not jump on the wagon wit more bubble gum raps. and young jeezys album was the sh*t i dont care whut nobody say bout that, and i listen to all kinds of music from hip hop to rock, hell even a lil country.
I'm from TX and I hate grills. I think they make people look dumb. And why do people throw the entire south into a single category? If you listen ATL, Houston, Florida and all of the other states have different styles. Trick Daddy, The Geto Boys, and OutKast don't sound, dress, or act anything like that. Even the bubble gum music is different. There's good artists and bad artists everywhere. I listen to the good... and tune out the bad. I don't discriminate by region
 11 years ago '04        #42
orv 
space
space
$4,297 | Props total: 1684 1684
Rap is dead. Every rapper was a loser that just knows how to rhyme... They become a rapper but they're still a loser.
 09-13-2006, 09:22 PM         #43
Rell_305  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everybodies entitled to their fresh p!ss and pure sh*t opinions... but lets be REAL on this HIPHOP issue... what was HIPHOP created for... i thought it was a way minorities could express themselves... A-Town speaks to they people on snap music... i aint knockin them fools dawg... cuz HIP HOP aint never gone DIE... its just the some of the sh*t u wanna hear aint bumpin no fu*kin mo... if i wanna hear the HIPHOP pioneers i pop in the tapes (NOT CDS cuz its the original sh*t)... things change with time dawg... rite now south artist got everybodies ear cuz they rappin the REAL DEAL... ima a southern gutta a.ss mothafu*ker my fu*kin self... and i beleive Trick Daddy is the best... u mite not thou... but he talkin bout the streets i grew up in dawg... so HOP off the HIPHOP is DEAD issue d*ck and put yours in some GOOD pus*y... AND STOP SUPPORTING THESE INDUSTRY fu*k n*ggaZ LIKE 50 CENT... he faker than 3 dollar bills and Spongebob Jordans.... "REAL DEAL"

Last edited by Rell_305; 09-13-2006 at 09:25 PM..
 09-13-2006, 09:23 PM         #44
uk-will  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rap music will never die
 11 years ago '06        #45
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 markmcfc1 said:
On the other hand, some east coast (read: NY) fanatics are busy lamenting "hip-hop is dead" instead of focussing on their craft. Much like the "No Snitching" movement, the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" movement has gone from annoying to moronic. Everywhere you turn, you're greeted by this fallacious slogan. It's the title of Nas' forthcoming album and the sub-title of 50 Cent's latest diss-fest., It's the introductory skit on the aforementioned G-Unit mixtape. Virginia rapper Skillz has also squeezed a song out of it.
WHO HAS THIS!!!
 11 years ago '05        #46
HOLLA BACK 
space
space
$1,645 | Props total: 437 437
Like Buddens said...lemme find out Hip Hop has turned Republican. Hip hop is a corporate business now.
 11 years ago '05        #47
A-Dot 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 792 792
There's just no creativity in the mainstream hip hop, Bling, Rims, bi*ches and that millionaire lifestyle, when 90% of these guys don't have the sh*t,
FAKE IT TILL U MAKE IT RAP, I hate that sh*t, thats what k!lls hip hop
 09-13-2006, 09:34 PM         #48
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whose he to talk his true claim to fame is free pimp c..we kno bun ran ugk..he jus talkin out the a.ss
 09-13-2006, 09:36 PM         #49
Lake85  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 C.R.I.P. said:
grills originated down here tho..
you're wrong g. n*ggas up north were rockin grill in the early 80's. trust me my uncles from NJ and schooled me on that sh*t.
 09-13-2006, 09:38 PM         #50
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lake85 said:
you're wrong g. n*ggas up north were rockin grill in the early 80's. trust me my uncles from NJ and schooled me on that sh*t.
real talk
 09-13-2006, 09:39 PM         #51
Lake85  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said:
why the whole country wanna wear fitteds,and air force one's like thats they style??it was all bout reebok classics and k swiss a few years ago.
lol real talk
 11 years ago '06        #52
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
People say hip hop is dead because hip hop was supposed to be something positive when it first started and now the hottest rappers around are the cats that are anything but positive. Posin in mags with guns n sh*t like its a fashion statement. Now there's a whole generation of hip hop fans who think gangsta is a fashion statement.
 09-13-2006, 09:45 PM         #53
yanboyz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hiphop died on Sept 13, 1996
 11 years ago '06        #54
CoNNECTICUT 
space
space
$1,066 | Props total: 0 0
 [([EJ])] said:
i hate this hip hop is dead trend, hip hop will never die you just gotta know where to find it.

real talk
 11 years ago '04        #55
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
hiphop as it use to be is dead
 09-13-2006, 10:01 PM         #56
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does the tread starter know the difference between news and personal opinion? apparently not.
 09-13-2006, 10:05 PM         #57
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lake85 said:
and I repeat...

TX_Country_Boi said:
What about the 70 year old man that goes to my grandmother's church with the mouth full of open face caps. It didn't even start in America... But you can't tell me Flav and Wu Tang had golds in their mouth before all of these old people with the caps I see... You don't know what you're talkin about kid... do some research
I got from what I see and what I read in history books. Not by what my uncles say. (Not to mention I got a couple of Uncs with open face caps all up in his mouth... and he's pushin 60)

AlCapone said:
whose he to talk his true claim to fame is free pimp c..we kno bun ran ugk..he jus talkin out the a.ss
*Cough* Big Pimpin *Cough*
 11 years ago '05        #58
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
how that man gonna get on motherfu*kers rockin grills on east wen they was doin that sh*t in the 80s thats like motherfu*kers gettin mad that peeple rockin retro js people was rockin them same sh*ts in 88..guess flava flav and rakim and slickrick went down south 1st then came back and inspired everyone in brooklyn to rock gold teeth and grills
 11 years ago '04        #59
pope_5 
space
space
$550 | Props total: 7 7
you know, this really pisses me off!....Hip-Hop can never be dead! jus cause things change don't mean its dead. i can agree that a lot of these "new" artists are making bullsh*t, but at the same time.....sh*t ALWAYS floats to the top! someone said it on the 1st page, "hip-hop isnt dead, you just gotta know where to look." i couldnt agree more. stop checkin the billboards. that has never been home to hip-hop, well, until now. all we gotta do is stop supporting the bullsh*t and rock the real!

-THE Buck Fush-
 09-13-2006, 10:29 PM         #60
Jasonsam  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip-Hop is not dead. I like what Andre 3000 said, groups like D4L and Dem Franchise Boyz are only a reflection of what's happening right now. We are wearing white tees because we can't afford throwbacks and button downs. I am not a fan of some southern hip-hop, but cats with limited lyrical ability like 50 Cent should sit down. He's one of the reasons that cats are saying that hip-hop is dead. Some East Coast rappers are just plain bitter that they aren’t getting any shine. It’s going to come back around to the East eventually, but let the south have its shine right now.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy