Sep 13 - The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
41 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+49  122
58 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

09-13-2006, 09:39 PM         #51
Lake85  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said
why the whole country wanna wear fitteds,and air force one's like thats they style??it was all bout reebok classics and k swiss a few years ago.
lol real talk

12 years ago '06        #52
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,429 | Props total: 8 8
People say hip hop is dead because hip hop was supposed to be something positive when it first started and now the hottest rappers around are the cats that are anything but positive. Posin in mags with guns n sh*t like its a fashion statement. Now there's a whole generation of hip hop fans who think gangsta is a fashion statement.

09-13-2006, 09:45 PM         #53
yanboyz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hiphop died on Sept 13, 1996

12 years ago '06        #54
CoNNECTICUT 
space
space
$1,066 | Props total: 0 0
 [([EJ])] said
i hate this hip hop is dead trend, hip hop will never die you just gotta know where to find it.

real talk

12 years ago '04        #55
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,903 | Props total: 406 406
hiphop as it use to be is dead

09-13-2006, 10:01 PM         #56
leather face  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
does the tread starter know the difference between news and personal opinion? apparently not.

09-13-2006, 10:05 PM         #57
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lake85 said
you're wrong g. n*ggas up north were rockin grill in the early 80's. trust me my uncles from NJ and schooled me on that sh*t.
and I repeat...

TX_Country_Boi said
What about the 70 year old man that goes to my grandmother's church with the mouth full of open face caps. It didn't even start in America... But you can't tell me Flav and Wu Tang had golds in their mouth before all of these old people with the caps I see... You don't know what you're talkin about kid... do some research
I got from what I see and what I read in history books. Not by what my uncles say. (Not to mention I got a couple of Uncs with open face caps all up in his mouth... and he's pushin 60)

AlCapone said
whose he to talk his true claim to fame is free pimp c..we kno bun ran ugk..he jus talkin out the a.ss
*Cough* Big Pimpin *Cough*

12 years ago '05        #58
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,455 | Props total: 1119 1119
how that man gonna get on motherfu*kers rockin grills on east wen they was doin that sh*t in the 80s thats like motherfu*kers gettin mad that peeple rockin retro js people was rockin them same sh*ts in 88..guess flava flav and rakim and slickrick went down south 1st then came back and inspired everyone in brooklyn to rock gold teeth and grills

12 years ago '04        #59
pope_5 
space
space
$551 | Props total: 12 12
you know, this really pisses me off!....Hip-Hop can never be dead! jus cause things change don't mean its dead. i can agree that a lot of these "new" artists are making bullsh*t, but at the same time.....sh*t ALWAYS floats to the top! someone said it on the 1st page, "hip-hop isnt dead, you just gotta know where to look." i couldnt agree more. stop checkin the billboards. that has never been home to hip-hop, well, until now. all we gotta do is stop supporting the bullsh*t and rock the real!

-THE Buck Fush-

09-13-2006, 10:29 PM         #60
Jasonsam  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip-Hop is not dead. I like what Andre 3000 said, groups like D4L and Dem Franchise Boyz are only a reflection of what's happening right now. We are wearing white tees because we can't afford throwbacks and button downs. I am not a fan of some southern hip-hop, but cats with limited lyrical ability like 50 Cent should sit down. He's one of the reasons that cats are saying that hip-hop is dead. Some East Coast rappers are just plain bitter that they aren’t getting any shine. It’s going to come back around to the East eventually, but let the south have its shine right now.

09-13-2006, 10:36 PM         #61
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at these NY hardheadz tryin to take credit for "grills"
When the credit should really go to The Native Americans
I guess that's one more thing America can steal from the Indians

09-13-2006, 10:45 PM         #62
crownroyale47  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've been listening to hip hop since about 83' and the thing alot of southern rappers don't realize is that when rap first started up here in NY, alot of rappers who were hot either had people who were in awe of them because they couldn't rap or had people who knew that they could shine off of that particular rapper because they were cool with each other. As the years went on, whenever you had somebody hot and you heard about him, instead of everyone saying, "Yo that n*gga's hot" it then turned into "I'm much hotter than that n*gga" That in turn caused alot of rap beefs and blackballing up here in NY. In the south, if a dude is from Largo FL or some lil a.ss spot, the WHOLE town, city, state, will ride with that dude cause they feel he's giving them some shine. In a few years, the same n*ggas will be like "He aint representin my hood as hard as I can" Everything comes full circle and the south will experience this same sh*t. Just like with T.I. He says he's the king of the whole south and dudes down there don't give a fu*k. If you say you're the king of NY it's always up for argument by critics and then on top of that, rappers will even go at your head. Right now the money is good for some of these n*ggas who never had sh*t down south but as soon as more down south cats get in the game you're gonna see the cycle start back over again and less of the rappers helping each other out and jumping on each others songs and all that.

12 years ago '04        #63
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,629 | Props total: 1555 1555
 [([EJ])] said
i hate this hip hop is dead trend, hip hop will never die you just gotta know where to find it.
Didn't even read the rest of the comments because they can't be any truer than this.

12 years ago '04        #64
pofasho25 
space
space
$523 | Props total: 0 0
lmao, yeah this sh*t coming from a southern rapper.

shut up

09-13-2006, 10:54 PM         #65
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pofasho25 said
lmao, yeah this sh*t coming from a southern rapper.

shut up
Pimp-C > Your life + Hyphy Movement

Pimp is the kinda rapper that y'all should be supporting. Y'all talk about how rappers sell out and make "bubble gum music" and pimp didn't even wanna do Big Pimpin because he didn't want his fans to think he sold out

Last edited by TX_Country_Boi; 09-13-2006 at 10:55 PM..

12 years ago '04        #66
choppacity 
space
space
$805 | Props total: 4 4
 bigscoot0808 said
Wu tang had grillz before fu*kin pimp c flav had grillz going on that shyt aint south i=id smack the grill right out pimp c's moth
n*gga I had a great grandmother (88yrs old) with gold teeth and she said her mother had golds too. New Orleans been doing the grill thing. And not that sh*t you can take out when its time to eat like flav and other NY n*ggas had back in the day and now.

09-13-2006, 11:15 PM         #67
buddakon  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 H0DADDY said
Hip Hop will never be dead.... Coming from Pimp C... Whatever
the same thing that happened to heavy metal is happenin to hip hop. they're lettin no talent scrubs cut records while big execs produce them. Why is it so easy to release a cd, its fu*ked up that talent isnt an issue anymore.
music biz always ruins a good thing.

12 years ago '05        #68
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,855 | Props total: 28 28
Hip-Hop is Dead, Its black people's fault as a whole, even though middle to upper class whites buy hip-hop more than blacks, black people still gave all this "D4L MINDLESS CRUNK/SNAP MUSIK" .....the okay, like its kool....if the 106 n park audience said "Laffy Taffy" was a weak song and they could of done better..then we wouldn't of heard anymore from D4L and the snap movement would of ended...same goes with Hyphy movement...tell E-40 to go back to the sick-wit-it records style back in the day..

12 years ago '05        #69
Sivraj 355 heat pts355
space
space
$47,694 | Props total: 15480 15480
Hip hop is not dead it's evolving like crazy with so many trends. Theirs different styles and genres or rap music. If u don' t like commercial hip-hop, then fu*k get on tha internet and find sum underground real sh*t. n*ggas in NYC always claimin hip-hop is dead, so it's like if it aint from NY then it ain't hip-hop.......Thats bullsh*t, theirs nice n*ggas and wack n*ggas from every region.

12 years ago '04        #70
Rileyboy03 
space
space
$1,243 | Props total: 1 1
All Yall need to SHUT THE fu*k UP!! If you aint blasting Pac u you WACK as hell. I don't even listen to radio no mo
He gave u n*ggas the game and yall aint pick up. Stupid a.ss n*ggas. He gave you that gansta sh*t, that movement sh*t, and that pimp sh*t in every single song. . Somebody already post it, Hip Hop died September 13, 1996. If Makaveli was alive Pimp C wouldn't be heard outside of TX, Lil Wayne and the rest of them corny name a.ss n*ggas wouldn't be heard outside of New Orleans. As for yall NY n*ggas your boys k!lled it. Clowns a.ss n*ggas like Puffy and Curtis Jackson aka 50 cent.
Yall n*ggas be 4 real, bow down and show some respect for The DON

12 years ago '04        #71
Ra-da-god 34 heat pts34
space
space
$12,941 | Props total: 3463 3463
 DJNocturnal said
GOOD hip hop is dead, nobody wants to hear that slow a.ss sh*t down south, the music scene is horrible right now. but pimp c is tight and so are a handfull of others but 90% of the sh*t that comes out the south is retarded...how many damn songs can u make outta "bling" and rims

lupe
grafh
joe budden
saigon
jae millz
pharoah monch
talib kweli
the roots
jay-z
nas
Az
busta rhymes
obie trice
redman
ghostface

there's so much good sh*t still out there you just gotta look for it, I don't think hip hop is dead I think the balance is dead for every yung joc out here we need a lupe or talib kweli

12 years ago '05        #72
pmann 
space
space
$451 | Props total: 0 0
 Rileyboy03 said
All Yall need to SHUT THE fu*k UP!! If you aint blasting Pac u you WACK as hell. I don't even listen to radio no mo
He gave u n*ggas the game and yall aint pick up. Stupid a.ss n*ggas. He gave you that gansta sh*t, that movement sh*t, and that pimp sh*t in every single song. . Somebody already post it, Hip Hop died September 13, 1996. If Makaveli was alive Pimp C wouldn't be heard outside of TX, Lil Wayne and the rest of them corny name a.ss n*ggas wouldn't be heard outside of New Orleans. As for yall NY n*ggas your boys k!lled it. Clowns a.ss n*ggas like Puffy and Curtis Jackson aka 50 cent.
Yall n*ggas be 4 real, bow down and show some respect for The DON

Yea, if pac was still hear the shawn carter would have been right there with shawn combs and curtis jackson too. as far as i remember pac was dissing all kinds of n*ggas like shawn carter because they were bad mouthin him and other n*ggas he was down with, to me the benefited the most out of pac being dead cause he would have been in retirement years ago and no one would care. wtf the you retire from rapping for anyway this dude as washed up as the rest of them n*ggas trying to pull stunts to stay in the media. he need to stay out while he still got some respect cause in a minute he gonna look like holyfield a disgrace to his champion years take his company and his bi*ch and sit in the booth at the nets games.

hip hop is still out there but many people like to rock what they are in the mood at the time to bump. southern rap is strong as hell now days, stronger than than any other region right now, but we dont listen to snap ya fingers and laffy taffy no more than what anyone else around the regions, but there is a time and place for it. the bounce sh*t started in the n.o. and other southern states formulated thier own versions of it thus snap ya fingers and the other sh*t some people complaining about but that aint all we are about. i rock wit different sh*t from different regions, i am from the n.o. the bounce sh*t was for the clubs man. to watch the bi*ches poppin thier a.ss and get wild wit it. we got some real sh*t down this way, n.o. aint all bout bling and cars. Black Menace was a fire group that kick real sh*t every track but the south wasnt at the forefront at the time like nwa was so it didnt go further than the southern area. bounce is for certain situations, n*ggas dont ride around bumpin sh*t like the all day down here.

But like the cat from college station, tx said every state down south got thier own style, own freaking music. i had a grandfather that was in his late 80's with open cap golds and that was something he got when he was younger than 20. Real grillz dont come out unless they fall out or the dentist take them out. that sh*t is played any cause if you aint paid, you are not going to get a real job talking to someone with them in your mouth.

Last edited by pmann; 09-14-2006 at 01:23 AM..

12 years ago '06        #73
nayfromdachi 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,676 | Props total: 87 87
thats why i only listen from 1988 - 1999 to me thats the golden age of hip hop i call it the "Renissance years"

09-14-2006, 01:59 AM         #74
*jackie_chiles*  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip hop is far from dead. As a matter in fact, it is just beginning. Transitioning if you will. These kinds of transitions are what spark the masterpieces that some artists are known for. Also, where the hell can you buy a CD for $9.99? Aside from your bodega mix tape, that cheap of a CD is normally an EP. That's the main problem in hip hop right now. The prices are so high that an artist will feel it necessary to "ride the next wave" just to make a dollar. I live in NY, I'm in Philly right now and I just had the opportunity to visit the nearest FYE. Average price of a CD: $17.99. Simply disgusting. I don't want to spend that much money on a CD that I know has at best six or seven tracks even worth listening to. Enter the mainstream radio stations. Why do you think the East Coast has been ridin the d*ck of the South? A whole new generation without an elevated pallette is shelling out their allowance with dreams of "gettin crunk in the club". F*ck the radio.

12 years ago '04        #75
Floeji 
space
space
$5,533 | Props total: 78 78
i hgihgly doubt that Pimp c is the authority on the state of hip hop at the moment. I don't think it's dead...but it is dying. No doubt.

Home      

most viewed right now
+54online now  36
Would you let Superhead give you top?
147 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+176online now  32
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
174 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+58online now  21
Image(s) inside My boy got them Concords for the LOW low
60 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  14
Video inside Here's is a review of the console Soulja Boy rebranded.
43 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside TEKASHI69 6IX9INE has OFFICIALLY TURNED DOWN his life saving PLEA DEAL ..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+120online now  12
Image(s) inside White Justice: Woman to spend time in jail every June for 10 years
99 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-27online now  12
Video inside Door Dash Employee Almost Peed Himself When These Kids Wanted Their Mon..
121 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+21online now  10
Image(s) inside Looks Like Nicki Minaj Found Her Kevin Federline
129 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy