Sep 13 - The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2006, 07:51 PM         #21
lilja808  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[SIZE="2"]Why is everybody saying hip hop is dead? Nobody thinks for themselves no more they just repeat what everyone thinks is right. Hip hop is bigger than ever, it is worldwide. Groups like 3 6 mafia are winning grammy's. Before hip hop was not mentioned during big award shows. Hip hop has changed the worlds music, fashion, and lifestyle. Saying hip hop is dead is one of the dumbest things you can ever say.[/SIZE]
 11 years ago '05        #22
Arceo 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$2,202 | Props total: 545 545
Dirty South k!lled Hip Hop...all Dance Music Now Wattup Wit That
 11 years ago '06        #23
shaolinkaws 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,137 | Props total: 859 859
 [([EJ])] said:
hip hop will never die you just gotta know where to find it.
one of the smartest statements i hav ever read on the internet...i'm making it my new away message..props kid:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 11 years ago '04        #24
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,266 | Props total: 1424 1424
 [([EJ])] said:
i hate this hip hop is dead trend, hip hop will never die you just gotta know where to find it.
Yeah, that sh*t is fu*king annoying.
 11 years ago '05        #25
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,101 | Props total: 4234 4234
good points
 09-13-2006, 08:17 PM         #26
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 markmcfc1 said:
Even though you've heard of K-Rino, have you ever bothered to send your Rick Ross' CD on vacation and give Rino's Time Traveler a spin?
Real Talk... Time Traveler was CRAZY

bigscoot0808 said:
id smack the grill right out pimp c's moth
No you wouldn't.

bigscoot0808 said:
Wu tang had grillz before fu*kin pimp c flav had grillz going on that shyt aint south i
What about the Jews with the golds that the Nazis used to harvest... What about the Native Americans that had em waaaay back in the day... What about the old women I see in Mexico? What about the 70 year old man that goes to my grandmother's church with the mouth full of open face caps. It didn't even start in America... But you can't tell me Flav and Wu Tang had golds in their mouth before all of these old people with the caps I see... You don't know what you're talkin about kid... do some research
 11 years ago '04        #27
doczdaname 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$12,986 | Props total: 5033 5033
hiphop aint dead, y'all are just listening to the watered down sh*t..go get that new jedi minds, outerspace or Roots and tell me hiphop is dead.
 09-13-2006, 08:21 PM         #28
Mirage  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip hop could be better (ie. mid 90's), but its far from dead...

check Roots, Lupe, and Skyzoo's new joints for evidence
 09-13-2006, 08:28 PM         #29
atlsuburbs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop isnt dead..jus changed..and east coast rap is wat ppl wana listen to now not all dat gangsta wanksta beef shyt cuz thats where all da crime gets high but i mean i lik east coast rap sumthn i can dance to n bump my head to..but tha only truth rapper i still listen to is 2pac n young jeezy..im really tired of listenin to all dat fake gangsta shyt 4real
 11 years ago '05        #30
meercy|m 
space
space
$9,379 | Props total: 481 481
 DJNocturnal said:
GOOD hip hop is dead, nobody wants to hear that slow a.ss sh*t down south, :
stop hatin.....what amazes me is...when the east was on top...nobody from da south complained....sum ppl from da east get all emotional now.....
 09-13-2006, 08:30 PM         #31
atlsuburbs  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
but grillz aint no south thing..we n tha south brought it bak..duh
 09-13-2006, 08:36 PM         #32
bornleader  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SokeSleezy said:
wtf@the stupid grillz statement.... Ny'kers been rockin grillz since back in the day,wtf this wack n*gga been at?!

Really doe... I always tell cats that.. That sh*t is old to NY cats.. Southern cats are just slow man, It take them a while to catch up to style,fashion, and trends.. No hate for the south but I am originally from NY and when I moved down south I was like whaaaaaaaatt. Cats looked mad corny.. White tees and d*ckes homie.. NO style..
 11 years ago '04        #33
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
Y'all stop cryin' mayne, on the east. Y'all been eating for years... We all got grillz in our mouth, now they want grillz in they mouth on the east. I ain't trippin', do your thing. But, don't be crying that hip-hop's dead. If hip-hop's dead, it's y'all fault that hip-hop's dead. So, get your backpack, jump on the train and get your paying gig up and get in the know." (Pimp C on 97.9 The Box) (There's definitely more to Pimp C's comments, so be sure to check it out at the end of this post.)

u know,i like pimp c,but he's a sh*t head for this

grillz??come on dude that sh*t came and went and came back,we was rocking gold teeth back in the 80's

but really pimp c should be happy the south might have started a trend,cause n*ggas been jackin our style for years

why the whole country wanna wear fitteds,and air force one's like thats they style??it was all bout reebok classics and k swiss a few years ago.

i ain't mad though,at the end of the day,its all hip hop,but what pimp c should do,next time,is say EVERYTHING he said,on a new york radio station.tell new york that sh*t ya self,not texas.
 11 years ago '05        #34
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,700 | Props total: 77 77
i been seein alot of n*ggas talkin bout the south n their cheesy a.ss music... but sh*t im from ny and im a hip hop head but wtf we cant even talk sh*t no more if chicken noodle soup is bein bumped on our radio like its hot.... there will always be wack n*ggas in every region and there will always be nice n*ggas in every region jordan wouldnt be the greatest if everyone played like him... good music wont be appreciated unless u get a taste of wack music...
 11 years ago '05        #35
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
Boxden should just start an East Coast vs. Dirty South forum. I'm tired of seeing threads on here arguing who's going to bring NY back or the Chicken Noodle Soup makes NY just as wack as Snappin. Truth is the east will come back whenever Viacom and Clear Channel corporation decide to play it.
 09-13-2006, 08:54 PM         #36
missioninwar1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This writer has a point. But basically its all because of business. All the lables wont release people or certain things that artists do on albums because it wont sell. Or its not popular. Then the tv channles only wanna play certain videos all day. So whatevers popular for the tv is popular on the radio. If your hooked on the radio your hooked on tv. Its all about money. Its like there working together to get our money and keeping us down. Whatever is going to make them money is whats promoted. Sad......Because if Nas dropped his album and sold 700 thousand the first week and it was certified classic. Then albums from all regions would finally get released with his type of "REAL" HIPHOP FEEL...its bullsh*t if you ask me....but n*ggas gotta eat once again thats a sad reason
 09-13-2006, 08:59 PM         #37
TX_Country_Boi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bornleader said:
Really doe... I always tell cats that.. That sh*t is old to NY cats.. Southern cats are just slow man, It take them a while to catch up to style,fashion, and trends.. No hate for the south but I am originally from NY and when I moved down south I was like whaaaaaaaatt. Cats looked mad corny.. White tees and d*ckes homie.. NO style..
lol you're silly... once again... Grills...down south forever

and if you come where I'm at... we rock button ups and squares. We rock Ice creams and our Apes are Bathing just like yours are. If anything is corny it's when I go to New York and seeing people's clothing lookin like Picasso designed em
 11 years ago '04        #38
harmonize 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 2 2
blah blah blah i'll listen to and make my own hip hop til i die. i dont care what anyone else says, not 50 not pimp c not anyone. make your own rules.
 11 years ago '04        #39
bigimpulse 
space
space
$197 | Props total: 0 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigscoot0808
Wu tang had grillz before fu*kin pimp c flav had grillz going on that shyt aint south i

What about the Jews with the golds that the Nazis used to harvest... What about the Native Americans that had em waaaay back in the day... What about the old women I see in Mexico? What about the 70 year old man that goes to my grandmother's church with the mouth full of open face caps. It didn't even start in America... But you can't tell me Flav and Wu Tang had golds in their mouth before all of these old people with the caps I see... You don't know what you're talkin about kid... do some research
aiight dude is right about the grillz... but that is one of the things that peeps is sayin hip hop is dead for. All the things that hip hop stood for are damn near gone. and that goes for more than southern rap, even sum of these so called real hip hoppers done lost sight of whuts reality. point blank just cuz u dont live like everyone else dont mean u on sum weird sh*t but it also aint sayin u aint???? for real everyone needs to just relax and take things into perspective and try to be creative and not jump on the wagon wit more bubble gum raps. and young jeezys album was the sh*t i dont care whut nobody say bout that, and i listen to all kinds of music from hip hop to rock, hell even a lil country.

if chicken noodle soup is bein bumped on our radio like its hot.... there will always be wack n*ggas in every region and there will always be nice n*ggas in every region jordan wouldnt be the greatest if everyone played like him... good music wont be appreciated unless u get a taste of wack music...
aint that the truth!!!! F@#K BUBBLE GUM RAP AKA ALL THE D4L'S AND FRANCHISE BOYS AND JA RULES/50'S AND WHOEVER ELSE IS POLLUTIN OUR AIRWAVES. HELL F@#K CORPORATE RADIO AND ALL THE LABELS THAT DONT LET ARTIST BE THEMSELVES.

Last edited by bigimpulse; 09-13-2006 at 09:08 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #40
gemberland2004 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 508 508
fu*k Dat what is everybody listenin' to in this thread right muthafu*kin now

Cuz you can talk and talk and talk but til you listen to that real sh*t then you're irrelevant

[pic - click to view]

What up wit that there
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
179 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
66 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy