most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
403 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-13-2006, 06:21 PM         #1
6444 pageviews
142 comments

markmcfc1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sep 13 - The East Coast k!lled Hip-Hop" - Pimp C

Y'all stop cryin' mayne, on the east. Y'all been eating for years... We all got grillz in our mouth, now they want grillz in they mouth on the east. I ain't trippin', do your thing. But, don't be crying that hip-hop's dead. If hip-hop's dead, it's y'all fault that hip-hop's dead. So, get your backpack, jump on the train and get your paying gig up and get in the know." (Pimp C on 97.9 The Box) (There's definitely more to Pimp C's comments, so be sure to check it out at the end of this post.)

Not unlike 50 Cent's "southern rap hurts hip-hop as a whole" statement earlier this year. The problem with these claims is that people often take a specific controversial portion and run with it, missing the message entirely. Truth be told, 50 and Pimp are both right, in a way.

I'll explain.

Inept southern rappers like D4L, Mike Jones and Yung Joc are often mistaken as being representative of the dirty south sound. Not to mention the countless "Lil' No-Names" and "Young No-Skill" wannabes out there., who make it all too easy to clown on southern hip-hop by creating half-assed ear pollutants that somehow manage to float their way to No.1.

On the other hand, some east coast (read: NY) fanatics are busy lamenting "hip-hop is dead" instead of focussing on their craft. Much like the "No Snitching" movement, the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" movement has gone from annoying to moronic. Everywhere you turn, you're greeted by this fallacious slogan. It's the title of Nas' forthcoming album and the sub-title of 50 Cent's latest diss-fest., It's the introductory skit on the aforementioned G-Unit mixtape. Virginia rapper Skillz has also squeezed a song out of it. In fact, I won't be surprised if "Hip-Hop Is Dead" t-shirts soon start circulating the internet. Yea...yea, hip-hop is dead. But, how much are we doing to rescue it from the hands of the corporate machinations that's been manhandling this business for decades? What have we done to empower those who truly care about this art form?

You see, that's exactly the type of attitude that has forced this girl named hip-hop to her grave. Hip-hop's dead because people ain't paying attention. When was the last time you actually went out and bought albums that absolutely deserve your $9.99 as opposed to buying horrible music that radio (aka pay-for-oplay) has forced onto your ears? If you're so concerned about hip-hop, why don't you go out and cop The Roots' new album Game Theory--arguably the best album of the year so far? What stops you from picking up Trae's Restless which rivals T.I.'s King for southern rap album of the year? When was the last time you paid to see V-Zilla perform live? Even though you've heard of K-Rino, have you ever bothered to send your Rick Ross' CD on vacation and give Rino's Time Traveler a spin?

Hip-hop is dead because people are terrified of change. Too cool to try new things. Look, if the only Cham you're familiar with is a pink-wearing, ear ring-rocking Harlemite, then you're probably responsible for hip-hop's death. If the only Tip you'll ever listen to is the guy from A Tribe Called Quest, maybe you should be arrested for k!lling hip-hop. If you've already dismissed Young Dro as an off-brand version of T.I. without having heard anything besides "Shoulder Lean," then it could be your fault that hip-hop's dead.

Don't get it twisted, though. I've always had an ecclectic taste in music. To paraphrase Luda, Rizoh's universal, never limits himself to the south. But, my point is that people need to embrace new sounds instead of tearing it down. Stop whining about what region's really running things (or should be running things). It's time to start paying attention to the MUSIC

[pic - click to view]

http://blogs.sohh.com/hou .. _hiphop_p.html

142 comments for "Sep 13 - The East Coast Killed Hip-Hop" - Pimp C"

11 years ago '04        #2
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
shut up HIP HOP IS DEAD, because the machinist as you said DID indeed force us to listen to CRAP D4L ISH!!! nothin you can say will make me change my mind...I agree with you, but I still say its dead!!!! WTF!!! Music Industry SUX a.ss!!!
 09-13-2006, 06:32 PM         #3
[([EJ])]  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hate this hip hop is dead trend, hip hop will never die you just gotta know where to find it.
 11 years ago '04        #4
Djkommish6 
space
space
and as for Pimp C, he a underground King so he entitled to his opinion, but I think Hip Hop Is dead,

If thats the case then why can an artist like Common's album BE go gold and Young Jeezy goes double platinum, (AND I LIKE JEEZY) but come on Hip Hop is dead, if you cant dance in the club or if you have to rewind someone lyrics, or if You actually talking about something postive and uplifting to the people, LIKE HIP HOP WAS INTENDED FOR STARTING IN THE BRONX, n*ggas dont want to hear it or buy it!
 11 years ago '04        #5
Djkommish6 
space
space
oh and if you cant sing along then YOU KNOW its a wrap for your album coming out...I mean come on...

Eny Meany Miny moe, do your chain hang low, snap ya fingas, OH MY fu*kING GOODNESS!!!! Whatever happen to "Doo Rags" and "I used to Love H.E.R." and sh*t for that matter "if you are worried about, I went or who I saw" I mean UGH!!!! im getting pissed..THAT IS THE REASON I STOPPED DJING and started photography! Atleast in photography, I still can be an "ARTIST" not worrying about selling a MILLION pictures!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #6
sinistababy 
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 89 89
 markmcfc1 said:
It's time to start paying attention to the MUSIC
:applause: I been sayin that for the longest... n*ggas ain't even fans no more... example: Lupe and Jay-Z's Pressure... people are more worried about who's verse was better than if the actual song itself was good... Another example is that street cred bullsh*t... I ain't gon lie I still bump 50 Cent from time to time cuz his music is good... not cuz he got shot 9 times and beefs wit everybody... I wouldn't care if 50 came out the closet if he made some good music I would listen to it... although it would be an issue of whether I should play it loud is the question lol... but fa real n*ggas aint fans no more they just critics... Not sayin don't critique it but try to act as if every album is the first time you're hearin them... in a way...
 11 years ago '06        #7
bigscoot0808 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
hip hop os flourishing in the undergound man gte of the 50 cent high horse n sh*t cuz that aint hip hop to begin with and whatver that carp was i hope it is dead ....throw in some saigon , atmoshpere , jedi mind tricks, sean price, outerspace, mos def, talib kweli, the roots...... those r HIP HOP dont mistake hip hop for someone ryming into a microphone
 11 years ago '04        #8
SokeSleezy 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,974 | Props total: 121 121
wtf@the stupid grillz statement.... Ny'kers been rockin grillz since back in the day,wtf this wack n*gga been at?!
 11 years ago '06        #9
bigscoot0808 
space
space
$346 | Props total: 0 0
Wu tang had grillz before fu*kin pimp c flav had grillz going on that shyt aint south i=id smack the grill right out pimp c's moth
 11 years ago '04        #10
DJNocturnal 
space
space
$486 | Props total: 0 0
GOOD hip hop is dead, nobody wants to hear that slow a.ss sh*t down south, the music scene is horrible right now. but pimp c is tight and so are a handfull of others but 90% of the sh*t that comes out the south is retarded...how many damn songs can u make outta "bling" and rims
 11 years ago '04        #11
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,923 | Props total: 4282 4282
 SokeSleezy said:
wtf@the stupid grillz statement.... Ny'kers been rockin grillz since back in the day,wtf this wack n*gga been at?!
grills originated down here tho..
 09-13-2006, 06:57 PM         #12
muscleman_3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm down with Pimp C, there's "so-called" artists from every coast dat drop lame a.ss sh*t, sh*t their own coast don't/will neva ride with, don't blame a whole region for their wackness, blame the 500,000 to 1 million people who think the bullsh*t is catchy and give these wack mutherf^&*kers the confidence to drop a 2nd album, which is far from da first, and undisputedly showcases how garbage they really are?

Hip-Hop ain't dead, it was born from hardships/pain/struggle,far as i see this world will gettin worse everyday
 11 years ago '04        #13
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
All I gotta say is:

If you don't like it, turn the muthaphuckin station!!!
 11 years ago '05        #14
Knockout Kingz 
space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 81 81
 markmcfc1 said:
Y'all stop cryin' mayne, on the east. Y'all been eating for years... We all got grillz in our mouth, now they want grillz in they mouth on the east. I ain't trippin', do your thing. But, don't be crying that hip-hop's dead. If hip-hop's dead, it's y'all fault that hip-hop's dead. So, get your backpack, jump on the train and get your paying gig up and get in the know." (Pimp C on 97.9 The Box) (There's definitely more to Pimp C's comments, so be sure to check it out at the end of this post.)

Not unlike 50 Cent's "southern rap hurts hip-hop as a whole" statement earlier this year. The problem with these claims is that people often take a specific controversial portion and run with it, missing the message entirely. Truth be told, 50 and Pimp are both right, in a way.

I'll explain.

Inept southern rappers like D4L, Mike Jones and Yung Joc are often mistaken as being representative of the dirty south sound. Not to mention the countless "Lil' No-Names" and "Young No-Skill" wannabes out there., who make it all too easy to clown on southern hip-hop by creating half-assed ear pollutants that somehow manage to float their way to No.1.

On the other hand, some east coast (read: NY) fanatics are busy lamenting "hip-hop is dead" instead of focussing on their craft. Much like the "No Snitching" movement, the "Hip-Hop Is Dead" movement has gone from annoying to moronic. Everywhere you turn, you're greeted by this fallacious slogan. It's the title of Nas' forthcoming album and the sub-title of 50 Cent's latest diss-fest., It's the introductory skit on the aforementioned G-Unit mixtape. Virginia rapper Skillz has also squeezed a song out of it. In fact, I won't be surprised if "Hip-Hop Is Dead" t-shirts soon start circulating the internet. Yea...yea, hip-hop is dead. But, how much are we doing to rescue it from the hands of the corporate machinations that's been manhandling this business for decades? What have we done to empower those who truly care about this art form?

You see, that's exactly the type of attitude that has forced this girl named hip-hop to her grave. Hip-hop's dead because people ain't paying attention. When was the last time you actually went out and bought albums that absolutely deserve your $9.99 as opposed to buying horrible music that radio (aka pay-for-oplay) has forced onto your ears? If you're so concerned about hip-hop, why don't you go out and cop The Roots' new album Game Theory--arguably the best album of the year so far? What stops you from picking up Trae's Restless which rivals T.I.'s King for southern rap album of the year? When was the last time you paid to see V-Zilla perform live? Even though you've heard of K-Rino, have you ever bothered to send your Rick Ross' CD on vacation and give Rino's Time Traveler a spin?

Hip-hop is dead because people are terrified of change. Too cool to try new things. Look, if the only Cham you're familiar with is a pink-wearing, ear ring-rocking Harlemite, then you're probably responsible for hip-hop's death. If the only Tip you'll ever listen to is the guy from A Tribe Called Quest, maybe you should be arrested for k!lling hip-hop. If you've already dismissed Young Dro as an off-brand version of T.I. without having heard anything besides "Shoulder Lean," then it could be your fault that hip-hop's dead.

Don't get it twisted, though. I've always had an ecclectic taste in music. To paraphrase Luda, Rizoh's universal, never limits himself to the south. But, my point is that people need to embrace new sounds instead of tearing it down. Stop whining about what region's really running things (or should be running things). It's time to start paying attention to the MUSIC
=================================
Proppaz on the read....East coast nukkaz need to k!ll that "Hip-Hop Is Dead" sh*t...Wanna make excuses about why "THEY" feel HIP-HOP isnt represented right. Dont blame it on the South or the West...Blame it on yourself.. Constant beefing gets you no where.
Dont talk about...be about it!!!

Last edited by Knockout Kingz; 09-13-2006 at 07:06 PM..
 09-13-2006, 07:03 PM         #15
H0DADDY  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip Hop will never be dead.... Coming from Pimp C... Whatever
 09-13-2006, 07:14 PM         #16
jae phill  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop is dead only if you allow yourself to be guided by media and your desire to blend in. Read my signature man-CORPORATE HIP HOP should not be even considered part of our movement-they pushed the misfits and the crazy motherfu*ker who can open your eyes with a couplf of lines back into the shadows-they dont want you to be conscious, real hip hop is probably the greatest teacher you can ever have-but when you listen to a n*gga yapping about money and his hoes and his clothes your listening to a man who sold his soul so why even give him a chance? is like you openeing your eyes and ears and welcoming evil into your life.

i know to this day the hip hop i like is still alive and kicking and the best of all is not on your screen and all this rappers get their whole steez from them.

as m typing im listening to mecca & soul brother-for pete sake.

Last edited by jae phill; 09-13-2006 at 07:17 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #17
daone2fear 
space
space
space
$696 | Props total: 5 5
First of all, Hip Hop is not DFL, Jay-Z, or any other rapper. Hip Hop is a culture. Rap is the music of Hip Hop. Graffiti is the art, so forth and so on. Now, rap music is just that "MUSIC". It's an art form. If there was only one style of rap it would be boring. Really boring. For every outkast you need bone thugs n harmony. For every Young Joc you need Lupe Fiasco. It's an art form. What if all the great painters or all the great writers wrote the same. BoOOOO. They don't for a reason. Some books you like some you don't. Some people love romance novels, some love murder mystery novels. Just like beauty can't be defined (no matter how hard people try it's truely in the eye of the beholder), you can't define Rap Music. You just can't. Some people like this, some people like that. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. There is no way that I will say something is wrong for Rap music just because I don't like it. No way. If D4L is selling then obviously there is someone that likes it. Just listen to what you like. That's it, plain and simple. Hip Hop isn't dead by far. Neither is the music of hip hop (rap). You can tell the difference between Marvin Gaye and Teddy Pendegrass right. That's the beauty of music. Differents styles. The same applies to rap music. Some like the strong vocals of Teddy some like the smooth vocals of Marvin. But you won't here people saying oh Marvin is wack because he sings smoothly or Teddy is trash because he yells. People who down any type of rap music are the ones that are k!lling "hip hop (rap)", to use the common catch phrase of idiots. You don't have to sh*t on it, just don't like it. For the record my favorite Rapper to listen to is J, my favorite of all time is PAC. My fav groups are BTNH, Outkast and NWA.

Also, there is nothing wrong with commercial rap music. It is need for without it Rap music would suffer as a whole. Listen to jay on Moment of Clarity. You need people like him and Talib. These rappers that are commercial make the money to keep this thing important and in the eyes of the public. They are "commercial" if that's what you want to call it. But that helps build companys that employ lots of black men (minorities). Rocafella, murder Inc, Ruff Ryders, No Limit, Cash Money, G Unit, Aftermath, Ruthless Records, Def Jam, So So Def, Disturbing the Peace, Grand Hustle, Slip and Slide, Rap-A-Lot...the list goes on. All these are commercial a.ss label. But we all love them. They all offer something different.

Last edited by daone2fear; 09-13-2006 at 07:30 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #18
336db336boy336 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,070 | Props total: 556 556
people always say the south did this and that............sh*t people out the south put out hot sh*t...........like jada said switch your style up(its 06)everybody dont want to her big a.ss words all the time...........catchy lyrics keep the records selling...........thats y g-unit be selling all the time...........low record sales come from bootleggin period.............stop bootleggin and watch the sales go up....................on some real sh*t when jay left the east just went down hill
 11 years ago '04        #19
336db336boy336 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,070 | Props total: 556 556
 daone2fear said:
First of all, Hip Hop is not DFL, Jay-Z, or any other rapper. Hip Hop is a culture. Rap is the music of Hip Hop. Graffiti is the art, so forth and so on. Now, rap music is just that "MUSIC". It's an art form. If there was only one style of rap it would be boring. Really boring. For every outkast you need bone thugs n harmony. For every Young Joc you need Lupe Fiasco. It's an art form. What if all the great painters or all the great writers wrote the same. BoOOOO. They don't for a reason. Some books you like some you don't. Some people love romance novels, some love murder mystery novels. Just like beauty can't be defined (no matter how hard people try it's truely in the eye of the beholder), you can't define Rap Music. You just can't. Some people like this, some people like that. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. There is no way that I will say something is wrong for Rap music just because I don't like it. No way. If D4L is selling then obviously there is someone that likes it. Just listen to what you like. That's it, plain and simple. Hip Hop isn't dead by far. Neither is the music of hip hop (rap). You can tell the difference between Marvin Gaye and Teddy Pendegrass right. That's the beauty of music. Differents styles. The same applies to rap music. Some like the strong vocals of Teddy some like the smooth vocals of Marvin. But you won't here people saying oh Marvin is wack because he sings smoothly or Teddy is trash because he yells. People who down any type of rap music are the ones that are k!lling "hip hop (rap)", to use the common catch phrase of idiots. You don't have to sh*t on it, just don't like it. For the record my favorite Rapper to listen to is J, my favorite of all time is PAC. My fav groups are BTNH, Outkast and NWA.

Also, there is nothing wrong with commercial rap music. It is need for without it Rap music would suffer as a whole. Listen to jay on Moment of Clarity. You need people like him and Talib. These rappers that are commercial make the money to keep this thing important and in the eyes of the public. They are "commercial" if that's what you want to call it. But that helps build companys that employ lots of black men (minorities). Rocafella, murder Inc, Ruff Ryders, No Limit, Cash Money, G Unit, Aftermath, Ruthless Records, Def Jam, So So Def, Disturbing the Peace, Grand Hustle, Slip and Slide, Rap-A-Lot...the list goes on. All these are commercial a.ss label. But we all love them. They all offer something different.
I agree all the way ^^^^^^this is real talk
 11 years ago '06        #20
DreDay17 
space
space
$1,401 | Props total: 122 122
This whole damn thing is crazy, started up by people who not makin money in Hip Hop so the only why they can justify there standing is to cry that Hip Hop is dead. How can creative music or a lifestyle die, you don't hear old folks screaming R&B is dead or white folks sayin that Rock music or Country music is dead! It's funny how all the people yellin that Hip Hop is dead are still involved in it whether they make the music or buy it, if you so sick of it then get another job and switch to another form of music, make up yo on genre of stuff.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
64 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
24 hours ago