Sep 13 - Did Jay-Z Ruin beyonce's New Album?

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11 years ago '04        #101
DaKang 
space
space
$96 | Props total: 0 0
 ohhohh said:
Man, how yall going to say beyonce cd aint tough, that jont is about 8 outta 10 as far as R and B albums are concerned, She didnt have any ballads like usual, but it is still a Solid album. Swizz beats did his thing with this.........
her album is garbage the only reason she gonna sell is because of her image
 09-17-2006, 02:47 PM         #102
kevd24 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Haters the album sold over 500k in the first week.....enough said
 09-18-2006, 11:44 AM         #103
ghettoprincess 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aplus said:
I thought "Upgrade Me" was the best song one there. Deja Vu was actually a weak lead single to me.
that is the best song to me too, and i'm a big B fan. the album is trash to me though.
 11 years ago '04        #104
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,180 | Props total: 1067 1067
 aplus said:
I thought "Upgrade Me" was the best song one there. Deja Vu was acutally a weak lead single to me.
i agree...

her first album was classic... but this second one was trash compared to it... the beats for the most part were on point... but SHE'S NOT SINGING ABOUT ANYTHING!!! Freak'um Dress??? Get Me Bodied??? come on B...
 11 years ago '04        #105
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
Not a Beyonce fan, but facts speak for themselves. Also, LOL @ the people that call Platinum a flop in the day and age of musical bootlegging.
edouble... come on now... your avy says your a producer.... so then you know that labels have expectations of how many albums need to be sold in order for it to be a success...

Because of her name, and past record sales... she is considered by many to be the best in the game in r&b... if b-day doesn't go at least 3x plat... it's a flop.... point blank...
 11 years ago '06        #106
zokid 
space
space
$526 | Props total: 0 0
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
nah, sh*tty Swizz Beatz beats did
 11 years ago '04        #107
REO 
space
space
$98 | Props total: 0 0
i was highly disapointed in this album and all of the singles. i think sometimes people try so hard to get the "new sound" that they end up taking themselves out of the running to be great. beyonce wanted a new look cause shes no longer with destiny child and she wants to prove she is more than just a leader of a group. and to be honest shes gonna sell regardless so i guess they just said fu*k it lets make the album we want to. i think swizz beats is a horrible "producer" he makes some aight beats but his songs are very thin and cheap feeling. thats my personal opinion. but look at mary j. 700,000 first week she sold 200 more than b. why? cause she makes music that the older crowd can identify with as well as the young. beyonce singled her audience out to just those who knew her before and not anyone new. i mean shes paid and shell easily go platinum. art is opinionated. and there is no true right or wrong just what "works". someones gonna love it someones gonna hate it. no matter what it is
 11 years ago '04        #108
freeb100 
space
space
$1,455 | Props total: 0 0
First album was tight, but off just the songs i heard so far, i don't expect this to be any good
 11 years ago '06        #109
snuup408 
space
space
space
$203 | Props total: 0 0
Its cool but not a hit...nowhere near it
 11 years ago '06        #110
Marty McStayFly 
space
space
$348 | Props total: 7 7
her father had nothing to do wit the album yet he made sure to get his Executive Producer credit and I don't think Jay fu*ked the album up Upgrade u is the best track on the album and the album is pretty solid
 11 years ago '04        #111
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,328 | Props total: 4420 4420
 THE_MD said:
Ok.. question to everybody that says she'll go plat just off her name alone and not the quality of the album... then how has this theory not proven the same for say... Method Man, who has had as much multi-media success / recognition as anybody else .. with your theory... the name Wu Tang alone should be worth double plat and then the name Method Man should be worth at least another mill
Method Man and Wu Tang are only popular within the hip hop community... Beyonce has a broader range of fans. Name recognition can definitely sale an album. Most people buy an album because they like the person and they haven't heard the songs on the album. Just cuz you buy it doesnt mean you are going to like the album, but just because you bought the album it's going to add to the sales.

I personally liked some of the songs on the cd. It wasn't a classic tho, I can tell you that. It's something I could get tired of.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
41 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
216 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago