Sep 13 - Did Jay-Z Ruin beyonce's New Album?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
27 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #81
Ushouldpayme 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,948 | Props total: 575 575
 rhymespitter84 said:
oh yea, and for people who can't think for themselves, streets saying "album is garbage"

When was the last time the streets determined if someone went plat as an r&b artist? Ummmmmmmmmm...........exactly.
 11 years ago '05        #82
9-N-1-C-9 
space
space
space
$164 | Props total: 7 7
 shabz said:
By now, everyone knows that Beyonce recorded her new album “B’Day” without the knowledge of her daddy/manager or anyone at her label, Sony Records. Fox 411 columnist Roger Friedman, who calls the new album a “shrill dud,” blames its shortcomings on the singer’s insistence on working without an A&R rep.

“This record was [simply] turned in,” an insider explained to Friedman. “It was done completely by Jay-Z and his team. They came in, played it for us, and said 'Here.’ There was no discussion.”

Friedman writes: “The result of Jay-Z’s involvement, Sony execs fear, is no obvious single after "Déjà Vu," the lead track, expires. ‘There is no “Crazy in Love,”’ says a Sony exec.”

Freidman continues: “Unlike Justin Timberlake ’s solidly commercial if dully constructed ‘Futures3x/LoveSounds’ album, ‘B'Day’ is one headache-inducing trip down hip-hop lane. On top of thudding programmed drums, the otherwise gifted singer sings for some reason about an octave above her range. There is no advisory for dogs.”

Well I think the albulm was hot regardless
 11 years ago '04        #83
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
I aint heard the album, dont want to. When I saw the tracklist 2 months ago, I knew what to expect. Her sh*t is full of songs girls put their "fu*k 'em" dress on to. Some sh*t like If, or Game Over or some other soft sh*t from the DC album would have been dope, but I've skipped thru the album and its full of fast sh*t, I hate that sh*t. Youre a singer, sing bi*ch.
 11 years ago '05        #84
HotRod305 
space
space
$173 | Props total: 0 0
Critics might say that the Beyonce album is a flop because it is not a ballad album like "Dangerously Love"....... I would imagine the "streets" would respond more 2 da upbeat songs that STILL have meaning instead of the traditonal slow ballad..... At first I dismissed da album but after listenin and focusing on it, B. did da damn thing. People are jus mad because B. is doin something new... Isnt dat what art is all about? Trying to reinvent yourself for the better? Yall b da judge of dat.... 4get what da "streets" are sayin, 4get da critics. Sit back and listen to each track and I guarantee there are 8 of 10 bangas on therre!
 09-16-2006, 11:40 PM         #85
OFFwhite 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some of her album is alrite.. there is some iffy tracks tho. either way i still think beyonce is talented and a dime piece.
 09-17-2006, 12:08 AM         #86
Jann 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ushouldpayme said:
YOU GOT OWNED SON, SHE'S PUSHIN' 600K

600K is wayyyy under expectations. This album wont even do close to what her first album did. 600k for a HIGHLY anticipated sophmore album is a bad sign.
 11 years ago '05        #87
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
Irreplaceable
Kitty Kat
Upgrade U
Ring The Alarm
Resenment
Listen (bonus track)
Get Me Bodied.......

CRAAAAAAAAACK

Theres 10 songs plus the bonus on the album and i just named 7 tracks that can be singles and most likely will be. People are not feeling the album cause it's DIFFERENT. It's not like what every other R&B artist is putting out right now. It's nothing like Dangerous In Love....which is why I personally like it. I like the fact that this album wasn't predictable. If anyting she will start a trend and everybody else is gonna try and sing over hardcore hip-hop beats (which i think is not an easy task if your voice isn't as powerful and able to hit notes like she does.) I mean like look at Ciara...she came out wit "Crunk & B" or whatever it's called and every other female that came out after her was all doing the same kinda sh*t, wit the exception of Keyshia Cole.

The album is just different.....everybody was expecting the same sh*t they got from Dangerous In Love and they didn't get it......oh well. SHE'S STILL GONNA SELL.
 11 years ago '04        #88
210eclectic 
space
space
$2,686 | Props total: 0 0
 NaSpro said:
JT's album poops on it
lol, its the truth!
resentment and kitty kat are the only good songs...

sh*ts whack...and i like beyonce....she should stick to more ballads thats whats shes better at.
 09-17-2006, 12:24 AM         #89
Mcmasterlock 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beyonce cd is wack.
 09-17-2006, 02:12 AM         #90
vagurl02 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
call me crazy, but i like the cd. i also liked the debut and i don't consider myself to be a real beyonce fan. who gives a sh*t who handled the recording of the cd. she seems to believe in this effort, and people are still going to buy b day. the cd has 11 tracks, and i'm feeling 10. you know how critics can roll because they try to put an artist in a box. the sound is totally different, but it might be a little too much for the critics. i think that "ring the alarm" is an anthem for females. so i give the sista props because she is on the grind constantly.

if knowledge is the lock, then show me the key
 11 years ago '04        #91
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
i don't get it...

...she went gold in her first week. she'll probably be platinum in 3-4 weeks. she'll probably be double platinum in a few months. i really don't understand it.
as long as it's selling, it should be good in her a&r and label heads' eyes.
 11 years ago '05        #92
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 2230 2230
That album is trash, I listened to most of it and got rid of it. Her first album was goo d, this one most of the songs have the same kind of melody with different tunes. Anyone who thinks this album is better than decent need to have they ears checked.
 09-17-2006, 11:10 AM         #93
J_Mo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skletch said:
Beyonce ruined her own album with her sh*tty a.ss vocals and wack choruses. If it wasn't for the Neptunes and Swizz the album wouldn't even be worth listening to. Her album would be more suited for someone like Missy Elliot or any other female rapper. Her album is a perfect example of why R&B singers shouldn't rap.
 09-17-2006, 11:14 AM         #94
howiegee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay should have let her do her thang and he do his. two different territories
 11 years ago '04        #95
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
this album is phuckin HORRIBLE!!! Every song has the same vibe and there really is no R&B feel to it... $hit... The princess of The ROC had a better lead single than she did....

If Jay did have something to do with this then shame on Beyonce for allowing that to happen... I guess she is CRAZY IN LOVE

If he didn't she should have taken her time and picked some quality songs...

She did get over 500,000 the 1st week, but that's just off of the strength of her name... how many will she get in the next following weeks....

Beyonce WILL go plat.... but so what her quota is probably a couple plat ... and that will make this album a flop....
I'm not a Beyonce fan, but I know that any sales numbers that are lower than at least 3 Mil will equal a flop!!!!
 09-17-2006, 12:13 PM         #96
Pretty Crazy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Upgrade Ya is my joint!
 11 years ago '04        #97
HUSTLER 
space
space
space
$353 | Props total: 0 0
the album iz aite, Green Light is the best shyt on there
 09-17-2006, 12:21 PM         #98
lildre09 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont care what nobody say man B cd is hot. I luv her man
 11 years ago '04        #99
orv 
space
space
$4,297 | Props total: 1684 1684
 zookeeper said:
i havent heard 'off glass' in awhile.
I don't even know what "off glass" is.
 11 years ago '06        #100
edouble2k6 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,529 | Props total: 190 190
Can't be doing too bad, she is number one one the Billboard charts this week with over 500,000 sold...

Not a Beyonce fan, but facts speak for themselves. Also, LOL @ the people that call Platinum a flop in the day and age of musical bootlegging. Everyone knows that it's impossible to sell Hip Hop/R&B in late 2006. Don't tell me that's not an excuse, cause it's true.

Last edited by edouble2k6; 09-17-2006 at 02:09 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
48 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy